Hey Angel (c.w.)

By kayla-llws

Luna Stotz is related to the one and only Carl Stotz who founded the LLWS, so every summer she goes to Willia... More

One.
Two.
Three.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Epilogue.

Four.

315 12 3
By kayla-llws

"Nobody said it was easy

It's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it would be this hard"

----------

{Luna}

Knock, Knock

"What?" I groan and pull my comforter over my head.

"Luna it's Cole...I got something for you" he says quietly from the other side of the door

"Leave it outside the door, or come back later" I say and roll over on my stomach.

"No...I want to give it to you now"

"Cole, it's like seven thirty in the morning...if this isn't important I will not talk to for the rest of your time here" I say and sit up "the door is unlocked"

Why am I even letting him come in again?

"Hey Luna" he says and opens the door slowly then shuts it after he walks in.

"Hey..." I say and rub my sleepy eyes.

"I got you something" he says and pulls a bag out from behind his back "breakfast"

"Oh...thank you that's nice of you"

"I actually snuck in breakfast for both of us...figured that we could eat together" he says holding up the bag.

"Here?" I ask

"Here" he confirms and walks up to my bunk and hands me my breakfast.

"Uh thanks...you can sit anywhere I guess" I say and look around the dorm.

Instead of choosing another bunk to sit on, he sits down by my feet on the bunk I'm sleeping on.

"You're getting comfortable" I say and scoot back a little more to create more space between Cole and myself. Then I take out the bagel Cole got me along with the cream cheese.

After a couple minutes of just eating in silence I speak up,"this is awkward"

"So let's talk" he suggests

"And what will we talk about?" I ask

"You"

"Why me?" Because I know you have a story, and I want you to tell me it.

"Cole I...I just met you yesterday" I say and put down my food.

"And?" He asks with food in his mouth.

"I'm not going to tell you every little detail about me because i can't trust you" I say

"Yes you can-"

"No Cole I can't" I say cutting him off "now that I think about it, I don't think you should be in my room, so it would probably be best if you left" I say but I don't look in his eyes. He I go again, shutting people out.

"Luna I just want to get to know you..." He says and I feel his eyes on me

"Please leave" I say in a whisper

He gets up from my bed and walks to the door, but stops before he leaves.

"If this is what I for trying" he says then closes the door loudly.

The loud noise makes me shake a little.

I get out from underneath my comforter so that I can grab my journal and pencils, because I just feel the need to draw my emotions.

I cradle my journal and pencil pouch in one arm as I put on my moccasins on with my other hand.

I fix my hair into a messy side braid, and then put my ID lanyard around my neck. Then, I walk out of my room and start walking toward the activities building that has the couches, TVs, video games, board games, etc.

I usually like drawing there, so I figured since no one would be there early in the morning, why not go there?

When I reach the door, I swipe my card and the door unlocks. Surprisingly there are a couple players in here. Probably because they woke up early from the time difference.

I sit down on a leather brown couch, place my journal on my lap, and set my bag full of pencils by my thigh.

I've been thinking a lot about Luca recently (probably because of all the guys that are here this summer) , so I think that's where I got my idea for today's drawing.

I'm thirty minutes into my drawing and I just finished outlining. I want this one to be my best one yet.

As I'm picking my black colored pencil to darken some lines, I feel a dip beside me on the couch.

"Hey moon"

I look up to see a smiling-yet-tired Gwen

"Hi"I say then continue to darken.

"What are you working on this fine morning?" She says then tries to lean in to see my work.

"I've told you a bajillion times that I don't show anyone my drawings" I say and close my journal.

"I know" she says "I'll leave you alone to finish...have fun moon"

Then she gets off the couch and walks out the door. Probably going to go help my dad prepare for the parade in two days, the shooting of the intro videos for the games being broadcasted on tv, and the team photo shoots tomorrow.

I yawn and take a quickly break to shake my hands because they are starting to cramp up.

~

'Dreams. That's where u have to go to see your beautiful face anymore' I write in my best cursive handwriting underneath my finished work.

It's supposed to be of Luca and me, but really, it can be anyone.

I drew a girl, but her back is faced toward me because she has her arms wrapped around the guys shoulders, so all you can see is her hair (which is drawn into a messy updo), and her back.

The guy is facing forward with his arms wrapped around the girl, but you can't see his face either because it is rested on the girl's shoulder.

There is one thing about this drawing that I especially like, and it's that the boy is made of stars, so he's not a person on earth anymore.

My observing of my work is interrupted by an annoying Mid Atlantic player. Can you guess who?

"Hey..." Cole says in a low time and sits next to me.

"What do you want Cole?" I ask looking forward and not looking at him.

"I want to apolo-"

"-it's fine. Honestly I hate when people apologize because it makes me feel like I've made someone feel guilty" I say nonchalantly

"No, the way I stormed out was...boyish of me" he says

"Boyish?" I question

"Yes, now let me continue" he says "please accept my apology or I'll be guilty for the rest of my life" he says half meaning it and half joking.

"The rest of your life?"

He nods

I shrug "I guess I accept your apology"

"Thank you!" He says and tries to hug me, but I move away before he can.

"Cole remember that we aren't uh exactly...friends" I remind him "so no hugs"

"Come on it's not like I tried to kiss you" he says rolling his eyes

"Still a no on the hug" I say and stand up "I'm going back to my room, so I'll see you never"

What? I've said before that I don't associate with the players here, or just anyone in general.

"Can I come with?" He asks and stands up

"No Cole...after what happened I don't really want to hang out with you alone. You try to make me talk about me or my past and I can't do that"

"Can I at least get your number?" He asks and then fake coughs "y-you know just in case there is an emergency"

"Right..." I say not fully catching his drift

"So is that a no?"

"Give me your phone" I say and sigh. He does a small fist pump and I shake my head.

"Here just put your name, number, and a picture" he says handing me his phone.

"We can take a picture together" he says after I hand him his phone.

"Bye Cole" I say, dodging his suggestion, and walk back to my room so I can be alone.

Just how I like it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.2K 28
Aleid van Alstine has been representing the Netherlands since she was seventeen, kickstarting her career at nearby club FC Twente, before moving to G...
6.4K 154 30
Your name is Blaire, Your family hated you and disrespected you for having a YouTube channel instead of going to collage to be a lawyer, like them. Y...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
102K 4.2K 55
His brows furrowed in frustration. "You keep tensing up and it's making me lose my grip." I was tensing up because I didn't trust him. It didn't take...