Thirteen.

"Never felt like this before, are we friends or are we more?"

----------

{Luna}

It's the middle if the night, and due to me being a light sleeper, I have just woken up because of a tapping noise.

I scan the dark room with my eyes, and then I hear the noise again.

It's not longer after, that I release it's coming from outside my room.

I slowly slip out from underneath my comfy comforter and blankets, and quietly tiptoe to the door.

I crack open the door and then I see that it's only Cole.

"What are you doing? It's the middle of the night!" I whisper loudly to him

"Chill out, it's only ten" he tells me "Can I sleep in here with you?"

Really it's only ten? "No. Why?"

He gives me the most fake puppy face and avoids my question "Please"

I sigh "Okay fine, but what happens when your coach walks in at eight to wake you guys up, but then sees that you are not there?"

"I'll set an alarm so I can leave here at six thirty" he tells me

I open the door more so that he can walk in "you already knew I'd say yes huh?"

"I took a wild guess" he says once I close the door

He walks to my bed and lays down in it. Oh hell no.

"What do you think you are doing?" I question

"I'm going to sleep" he says to me as if I'm the dumbest person on earth

"Okay, but that's my bed"

He pulls the covers over him and groans "Luna"

"We both can't sleep on my bed" I tell him

"Why? You're tiny"

"Yeah but you're not"

He doesn't even open his eyes.

I shake my head at his childishness and give up. He's not moving, and I'm not sleeping on a bare mattress.

I lay down next to him, but I'm very careful not to touch him.

He, on the other hand, doesn't mind if I do or don't because he puts an arm around me and pulls me closer underneath the covers.

Then he opens his eyes and smiles at my uncomfortableness "didn't know I was one for the cuddles did you?"

"N-no" I stutter because I'm nervous being this close to Cole.

My head is rested on his chest, and I can hear his steady heartbeat.

I'm nervous because Luca might be looking down on me. Is he betrayed? Was I not supposed to catch feelings for another person?

Is he proud? Am I doing the right thing by moving on?

I'm so confused. I just need a sign.

"Luna" I hear Cole call, and it snaps me out of my thoughts "I've been wanting to ask you something"

I wish I can make my nerves disappear "y-yes"

Cole moves from under my head, and I sit up to face him.

"What do you think of me?"

What? You can't just ask a nervous person this.

"U-uh what do I think of you?" I repeat his question

"Yes" he says and pauses "like what are your feelings toward me?"

The truth will set me free "I'm scared Cole" I whisper

"Scared of me...?" He asks confused

"I'm scared I'm falling for you. I'm scared I'm falling too fast. I'm scared I'm hurting Luca. I'm scared of being so close to you. I'm scared—"

He shuts me up by pressing his lips on mine for a brief second.

"That's all I wanted to hear"

I nervously laugh "you wanted to hear that I'm scared?"

"No" he says and brushes his thumb over my cheek "I wanted to hear that you feel the same way I do"

I blush and then I thank God it's dark so Cole can't see my face this red.

I gently press a kiss on his cheek, and then I rest my head against his chest.

"Heartaches don't last forever you know?" He reassures me

"I really hope they don't–"

"But I'll be here to fix your heart...even if i wasn't the reason for it breaking"

Luca will always be my first love and I will always love him to death, but Cole, now, holds a big piece of my heart in his hands. 

-----------

Overdue chapter 

(The book is almost done)