Nineteen.

"Eyes can't shine unless there's something burning bright behind

Since you went away, there's nothing left in mine

I feel myself running out of time"

----------

Luna's death was announced on the intercom for the whole stadium to hear while the world championship banner was being given to the Japan team.

Emotion filled Williamsport as soon as the news was told.

They couldn't believe she took her own life.

As for Cole, he was an emotional mess. He knew what she was going through. He thought to himself as he was in tears "I could have prevented this. I could have saved her"

Yes, he could have told her dad how she had harmed herself badly and how her blood & tears were right in front of his eyes, but he couldn't have stopped her from swallowing those pills at that very moment.

She was gone, and not for a couple months or a few years. Forever.

And that's the hard part about dealing with the death of a loved one or anyone in general, you can't really get passed the fact that you'll never see that person again as much and you pray or cry.

Cole was pulled away from his team by the volunteer who promised Michael Stotz that she would give Cole Luna's letter.

"I-I'm sorry for your loss..." She said quietly while Cole's head hung low "Luna wrote this for you"

Cole's head slowly lifts up "W-What?"

She gives him the letter, "The paramedics found it by her...I'll leave you alone to read it"

After that she left him alone with the unopened envelope filled with Luna's last words.

His hand was shaking as he just stared at the beige colored envelope. He carefully studied her neat cursive handwriting, and how she wrote his name.

After a few minutes of just staring at it, he quickly tore it open.

He took a deep breath, wiped his glossy eyes, and began to read.

Dear Cole,

Do you know the reasons why we look up to the sky?

For some it's to just admire the beautiful painted sky. For people like me, it's to try to see our loved ones that have past one.

I'm sorry. I don't know if you even felt the same way about me the way I did about you, but I'm saying sorry anyways. Maybe you did feel the same way because we were defiantly more than just kisses.

You were protective of me, and for that I am grateful.

If I don't write why I did what I did, then you'll probably always wonder why.

First of all, it's not because of you. I feel the need to tell you that because when someone kills them self (I don't want to use the ugly word), people always want to know why.

So why did I do it? Why did I end it all?

I wasn't bullied I can tell you that. I wasn't abused. I wasn't unwanted(I think). I was just depressed beyond words can even explain. I told you about my mom, but someone else that I loved so much died this year. He was innocently murdered. His life was taken away from him, and he did nothing wrong. He was stripped of everyone and everything he loved just out of someone else's anger.

After that I felt like the world was turning against me. The only person I had left that loved me was my dad.

Which brings me to my next topic. My dad.

I know...I abandoned him. I felt terrible as I was thinking my death through because I knew I would have to leave one person behind in order to be with two other people I loved deeply.

Cole, the last time I saw you I hugged you so tight and I was close to tears, but you didn't question it. You didn't know that you'd never see me again, but you went with it.

Right now I'm in my room sitting on the floor with a bunch of crumpled up pieces of paper around me because I can't write the right words to tell you that I'm leaving forever.

I'm sorry if this is weird reading a letter from a dead girl, but I need to tell you all these things.

When we first met you were just another annoying baseball player, but then you wanted me to open up to you which only made me shut you out.

When you saw my wrists start to bleed (when we were sitting on the stair case on the night before the third year anniversary of my mom's death) I felt ashamed that you knew about the horrible things I did to my self. I ran back to my room and cried and I thought how messed up I am. I started to cut myself again.

The next day I didn't want to talk to you. I avoided you and everyone the best I could. I shut everyone out like I always used to do.

When I met Jaden's friends, Asher, Jacey, Gemma and Christina, it felt nice it have friends for one day that weren't my friend just because I'm related to Carl Stotz. They weren't fake friends. Please tell them I said thank you if you ever see them.

When you left that flower at my door I acted like I didn't care, but in all honesty, my heart flutter when I saw it (because I knew you left it).

I thought I never would love someone after Luca, but here I am writing a death letter to guy I am madly in love with. You stayed with me this summer though I kept pushing you away and for that I am grateful.

I think I've written down everything I needed to say.

Except one thing.

I need you to understand that I was always depressed and I always felt alone while I was still breathing. I need you to understand that I'm happy now. I'm happy that I'll soon be reunited with my mom and Luca. I'm happy for the first time in a long time. Please don't be upset with me. Please don't cry for me. Please just be happy for me. Cole, that's all I ask. Please be happy for me.

Being happy for someone is one thing, but being happy for a girl who killed herself is another thing. I'm sure you can do it because after all you are thee Cole Wagner, the one whom I love so so much. I'm sorry you had to be apart of my broken life, but I'll see you on the other side.

Win the Little League World Series. Play high school ball. Get a girlfriend. Go to college. Get a steady job that can provide for you and your future family. Do the things I can't do anymore. Live life.

This is not a goodbye. It's a...see you soon.

Sincerely,

A now happy angel

P.S. I'll always love you

----------

That's the end! I'm actually really sad it's over :,,,)

I will write an epilogue and a *drumrole* SEQUEL* (I've had one in mind for a while) so be ready for that.

Thank you for your endless support whether it is by following me, commenting, liking, or even just reading my stories!!

Love you all so, so much, and if you are feeling alone or upset please talk to me because I'm right here for you, and I will always be open to talk you you about anything.

:))