Are You Happy Now?

By goofyandpluto

To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Where it All Began
Chapter 2: Broken
Chapter 3: What Do You Mean She's Gone?
Chapter 4: She's So Gone
Chapter 5: You? You're The Rogue?
Chapter 6: Hunting
Chapter 7: I'm Going to Kill You.
Chapter 8: Letter Home
Chapter 9: You Need My Help
Chapter 10: Finally!
Chapter 11: I Told You So.
Chapter 12: Too Late
Chapter 13: Is This Heaven...Or Hell?
Chapter 14: Bad Move
Chapter 15: One Month Wasted
Chapter 16: Somehow, Someway, Someday
Chapter 17: Changed for the Better
Chapter 18: Time Flies
Chapter 19: Needed
Chapter 20: Here We Go Again
Chapter 21: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 22: Darkness Follows
Chapter 23: Our Second Chance
Chapter 25: Training Part 2
Chapter 26: Striking
Chapter 27: Jake
Chapter 28: Hope Yet
Chapter 29: Seriously Never Ends Does It?
Chapter 30: The Price of Survival
Chapter 31: Take A Step Towards Happiness
Chapter 32: Over You... (Part 1)
Chapter 32: Over You... (Part 2)
Chapter 33: Third Time's the Charm
Chapter 34: Finally
Chapter 35: Here We Go Again
Chapter 36: My Happy Ending?
Chapter 37: For the Last Time: Home
Chapter 38: Let's Finish This
Chapter 39: How It Should've Been
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2

Chapter 24: Never Going To Catch A Break

66.3K 1.3K 199
By goofyandpluto

This chapter didn't really come out like I wanted but it will work for now. Sorry for the delay, but it was finals week. Again, I apologize in advance if this chapter is boring or not up to standards, things will be picking up shortly.

_______________________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

I woke up to a snoring Riley. My head was on his chest like it was last night, his arm was resting on my waist, holding me to him, and he was snoring - loudly - into my ear. Every snore was like a small jackhammer inside my head. I regret drinking last night for sure. I tried to make wiggle my way out of his grasp, doing my best not to wake him. I gently peeled his arm from my waist and scooted out of bed as fast as I could, which only resulted in a head rush and a wave of nausea to wash over me. I heard Riley make some kind of grunting sound, followed by the sound of rustling sheets. I assume he just rolled over to hog the rest of the bed.  

I glanced at the clock, oh crap! It was already 9:30! Training was due to start in half an hour! I bolted to my adjoining bathroom, only to get another massive head rush. I really shouldn't have drunk last night, my stomach churned. I ran to the toilet and threw up everything that was left in my stomach. I felt better and miserable at the same time. My head still hurt and I was nauseous but hungry. I decided a quick shower would at least help sooth me.  

After my cold shower - the pack used up the hot water this morning already - I quickly threw on a sports bra, shorts, a tank top, and threw my hair into a messy bun, seeing as I was going to train the crap out of the pack I dressed for comfort rather than to impress. I walked back into the room to find Riley awake and holding onto a very awake Evangeline.  

"She woke up, screaming to be exact, so I grabbed her to get her to be quiet. My head is pounding. Remind me not to drink for a while okay?" Riley whispered while rocking Ev in his arms. I smiled at him and grabbed my daughter, or do I say our daughter? Not going to think about that now, I decided.  

"You should shower and get dressed quick because we are due downstairs in like fifteen minutes to train the pack. I'll wait for you in the kitchen while I feed Ev, hurry up." He nodded and leaned in to give me a quick kiss. The kiss was nice but nothing overly wonderful. Stupid mating bond - it's stopping me from fully committing to Riley like he deserves. Maybe in time it will lessen and we will get to be like a real couple? I hope so because Riley really is a great guy and he deserves to be loved the way he loves me.  

I felt Riley's eyes on me as I walked away so I turned around. "It's rude to stare you know." I scolded teasingly. 

"I can't help it, you're just too beautiful for your own good. And what are you doing in that outfit? Trying to kill all the guys in the pack? Because it just accentuates all your curves and uh... assets." Riley stated cheekily.  

"All you guys do is think with your heads!" I joked, obviously referring to their other head, the one not above their shoulders. 

"Well would it be wrong for me to ask you to blow my mind then?" Riley joked back. 

"Watch your mouth mister! Young ears here!" I said covering one of Evangeline's ears with my free hand.  

"What? We are only talking about the heads on our shoulders right Cass?" He smirked.  

I just shook my head at his immaturity. "Remind me why I said yes to your immature A-S-S yesterday?" I said spelling out the bad word incase my Angel tried to repeat it.  

"Because you love me the way I am, immaturity and all." He said confidently. 

"You so sure about that?" Now it was my turn to smirk. 

Riley's smirk faltered slightly, I turned away and continued down the hall towards the stairs. "What does that mean?" Riley called after me. I just laughed in response. I heard Riley's protests all the way down the stairs, I just ignored him though. 

I don't really know how I feel about Riley yet. Yes I like him but can that like turn into a romantic kind of like? He is my best friend and I don't want to ruin that. Why didn't I think about that last night? It was just too hard to say no to him. His face was like a puppy begging for you to adopt it, I mean how can you say no to that? The least I can do now is give our relationship a chance right? What could it hurt?  

Walking into the kitchen I found quite a disturbing sight. Briella and my mate were kissing fight in front of the fridge. Her hands were around his neck and his were gripping her arms. I admit it stung to see them like that even after everything but I was going to have to get over it if I was going to be here for a while. I just cleared my throat. At least that got their attention and they broke apart. Briella looked smug, almost like she was hoping to get caught whereas Damen looked guilty and shocked. Wasn't suspecting to get caught by his mate was he? What do I care if they are together thought? He is free to be with or do anyone he wants.  

"Don't mind me I'm just making breakfast for my daughter and I. I'll see you in the backyard in ten." I told them, making my voice sound indifferent.  

"Whatever." Briella said with her snotty voice and loud gum chewing. She just stalked towards the back door. God what was she wearing today? Another pair of shorts I would call underwear, and a sports bra that had somehow been altered to show even more cleavage. She didn't even have a shirt or tank top covering her sports bra - tacky.  

I walked to the fridge, pulling the door open making sure it hit Damen who just stood there like a gawking fish. I pulled out the orange juice for myself, strawberries for Ev and I, and milk for Ev also. As I began to cut up the strawberries for us Damen still stood there staring. I slammed the knife down on the counter making Damen jump. "Feel free to leave any time because the staring is getting old fast." I said irritated.  

"It's not what it looked like..." Damen began. 

Cutting him off I said, "I really don't care what it was Damen. We aren't together. You can be with whomever you want and so can I. You don't have to explain it to me either because frankly I don't want to know okay? Do what you want." I picked up the knife and began cutting the strawberries again.  

"What if I want us to be together? What if I want to explain everything and start over? What about what I want?" Damen asked. 

"You lost all those rights when you rejected me." I said simply without sparing him a glance. I grabbed the cut strawberries, put them in a bowl, and gave them to Evangeline to start eating. On my way back to the cutting board with the remaining strawberries Damen reached out and grabbed my arm. Tingles shot up my arm sending my body into a frenzy. I wanted nothing more than to grab his face and kiss him senseless, but the image of him and my whore of a sister was all I needed to snap out of it and get a grip on my hormones. Stupid wolf hormones.  

"We have to talk about this sometime Cassidy. I want you back; I made a mistake when I rejected you. I was immature and stupid. I should have run to you the moment I found you on my birthday but my fa-" He started to explain but was cut off when Riley walked into the room.  

"So!" He shouted clapping his hands making us both jump. Damen quickly released my arm and I quickly retreated to the cutting board. "What's for breakfast? And can I have some aspirin on the side?" He requested.  

"Yeah sure, hold on" I said. I grabbed some yogurt from the fridge for us both and aspirin for us both too. I handed him his half and added the strawberries to mine. We both just ignored Damen completely, but part of me wished he had finished his sentence. He was just about to explain everything to me I think... No wait. What do I care he is reason were? He rejected me end of story. I don't care what his reasons were; he still chose his whorish ways over his mate.  

"I'll just see you at training then..." He said while backing away towards the door. He looked pained and slightly angry - as if seeing Riley and I hurt him somehow. I felt a pang of guilt for all the pain I was causing him, but remembering my pain was all I needed to forget it.  

"What was all that about?" Riley asked me once Damen was gone. Part of me was sad to see him leave and part of me was happy he was gone. It was like being spilt in two - each half wanting the opposite.  

"I don't really know." I said vaguely, just returning to my yogurt. I pretended to be engrossed in eating and Riley, being as intuitive as he is, saw right threw my facade. But instead of forcing it out of me he simply said I would be telling him later when I was ready. Ready... What does that mean? When I'm ready to tell him what happened? When I'm ready to get over my mate? Get over him and my sister? Because seeing them together will never stop hurting me... What am I talking about? I'm done with feeling sorry for myself because of him.  

Snap out of it Cassidy, you're better than this! I scolded myself. I was afraid of this happening when I came back. Me going back to the old Cassidy, the one who got walked on by the rest of the pack. The one who was a push over and was weak. I'm not that girl anymore. I'm stronger than this stupid bond. Damen can't control me like this.  

Things need to change. 

Starting with the training. 

(Briella's P.O.V.) 

Everything was getting back in track.  

My mate's arrival had put my plans back a few steps but now I found I could get that to work in my favor. I knew he was my mate the moment he walked into the clearing with that little brat of Cassidy's. He was no doubt the father. Yes, it hurts to think that he fathered a child with someone besides me - his mate - but I never planned on being with him so I didn't really have the right to be pained by it at all did I? I felt a little guilty for choosing to not be with him - the opposite of what he was probably expecting from his mate - but all the guilt and pain will be worth it in the end.  

I set the trap this morning in the kitchen. When I saw Damen in there by himself staring at the stairway that led up to Cassidy's room I quickly made my move. Damen didn't even notice me in front of him until it was too late and I had already pulled him in for a kiss. And as if I perfectly planned it - and I did because I heard Cassidy coming down the stairs, which was what distracted Damen in the first place - Cassidy came waltzing into the kitchen to catch us. I had maneuvered my arms around Damen's neck to make it look legitimate and also to hold myself there because when the shock of the kiss wore off he responded by grabbing my arms and tried to push me away. But he didn't have to try long because Cassidy walked in not seconds later and I released him. He just stood there dumbfounded while I smirked at Cassidy. A hurt expression crossed her face but was masked by the hard shell she mastered while she was away. Couldn't she have just stayed away?  

After Cassidy and I's brief exchange I made my way out of the kitchen, leaving the two of them alone. But that isn't all I left. I left the seed of doubt in Cassidy's head. No matter what she thought before - whether Damen had changed or not - my little kiss made it look like he hadn't changed at all - thus ensuring Cassidy would never get in my way. My plan was back on track that was for sure. 

I may have messed up my plan the first time but this time nothing is going to stand in my way.  

My plan will work and I will be Luna of this pack in no time.

__________________________________________

Next Chapter will be up sometime in the next week. Have a great summer everyone!

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY:)

-Pluto

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122 18 22
Katriana Leri Moon is a seventeen year old werewolf.You're supposed to meet your mate (your soul mate) at the age of sixteen in the werewolf world...
3.2K 35 18
"I told u i dont wanna." I pouted "Your gonna have to do it." Blake said looking at me. "Im not ready." I pushed passed him Jada is a normal person...
14K 579 26
-- COMPLETED -- *** "You're the first ever future human Luna, love. I don't know whether my pack will accept you." *** Radiance Collins was not a...
691K 6.7K 15
This is a sample of the story. If you would like to read the whole thing then please look it up on Amazon or check out the link on the last chapter...