Chapter 24: Never Going To Catch A Break

This chapter didn't really come out like I wanted but it will work for now. Sorry for the delay, but it was finals week. Again, I apologize in advance if this chapter is boring or not up to standards, things will be picking up shortly.

_______________________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

I woke up to a snoring Riley. My head was on his chest like it was last night, his arm was resting on my waist, holding me to him, and he was snoring - loudly - into my ear. Every snore was like a small jackhammer inside my head. I regret drinking last night for sure. I tried to make wiggle my way out of his grasp, doing my best not to wake him. I gently peeled his arm from my waist and scooted out of bed as fast as I could, which only resulted in a head rush and a wave of nausea to wash over me. I heard Riley make some kind of grunting sound, followed by the sound of rustling sheets. I assume he just rolled over to hog the rest of the bed.  

I glanced at the clock, oh crap! It was already 9:30! Training was due to start in half an hour! I bolted to my adjoining bathroom, only to get another massive head rush. I really shouldn't have drunk last night, my stomach churned. I ran to the toilet and threw up everything that was left in my stomach. I felt better and miserable at the same time. My head still hurt and I was nauseous but hungry. I decided a quick shower would at least help sooth me.  

After my cold shower - the pack used up the hot water this morning already - I quickly threw on a sports bra, shorts, a tank top, and threw my hair into a messy bun, seeing as I was going to train the crap out of the pack I dressed for comfort rather than to impress. I walked back into the room to find Riley awake and holding onto a very awake Evangeline.  

"She woke up, screaming to be exact, so I grabbed her to get her to be quiet. My head is pounding. Remind me not to drink for a while okay?" Riley whispered while rocking Ev in his arms. I smiled at him and grabbed my daughter, or do I say our daughter? Not going to think about that now, I decided.  

"You should shower and get dressed quick because we are due downstairs in like fifteen minutes to train the pack. I'll wait for you in the kitchen while I feed Ev, hurry up." He nodded and leaned in to give me a quick kiss. The kiss was nice but nothing overly wonderful. Stupid mating bond - it's stopping me from fully committing to Riley like he deserves. Maybe in time it will lessen and we will get to be like a real couple? I hope so because Riley really is a great guy and he deserves to be loved the way he loves me.  

I felt Riley's eyes on me as I walked away so I turned around. "It's rude to stare you know." I scolded teasingly. 

"I can't help it, you're just too beautiful for your own good. And what are you doing in that outfit? Trying to kill all the guys in the pack? Because it just accentuates all your curves and uh... assets." Riley stated cheekily.  

"All you guys do is think with your heads!" I joked, obviously referring to their other head, the one not above their shoulders. 

"Well would it be wrong for me to ask you to blow my mind then?" Riley joked back. 

"Watch your mouth mister! Young ears here!" I said covering one of Evangeline's ears with my free hand.  

"What? We are only talking about the heads on our shoulders right Cass?" He smirked.  

I just shook my head at his immaturity. "Remind me why I said yes to your immature A-S-S yesterday?" I said spelling out the bad word incase my Angel tried to repeat it.  

"Because you love me the way I am, immaturity and all." He said confidently. 

"You so sure about that?" Now it was my turn to smirk.