Chapter 3: What Do You Mean She's Gone?

Picture of Jacob on the side ----------------------------->

______________________________________________

(Jake's P.O.V. - If you forgot he is Cassidy's older brother)

I felt like a complete failure. 

I failed my favorite person in the entire world! My sister meant more than anything to me, I just never told her or showed it. I am always too caught up in my reputation to do it. I just never thought she would accuse Damen, our alpha-to-be, of being her mate! His birthday was like a year ago! Surely he would've claimed her if he had known they were mates. 

Right? 

Of course he would have. Sure my sister isn't the most popular person in our pack but she is by far the most caring. She is also extremely beautiful, contrary to what she may thing, she is. I think what makes her so pretty is the fact that she holds herself with such confidence. I envy it. I mean sure, she could lose a few pounds, or draw a little more attention to herself, but she is just perfect the way she is, quirks and all. What can I say? She's my little sister; I love her, even if I don't act like I do. Cassidy is the exact person I want my mate to be like. Someone who is caring, sweet, confident, beautiful, who puts others first, one knows her morals - like waiting for her mate; someone who knows who she is. 

After Cassidy left I regretted that I didn't take her side and that I made a scene. I knew Cassidy hated attention and that I was the one who was making the scene. I let her down so many times. I felt like a total ass when I saw the tears brimming in her eyes, I just couldn't back down. My pride wouldn't let me. I continued on my way the rest of the day. I went to all my classes, goofed off with my friends, and even flirted with a few girls, though I was waiting for my mate to get serious. 

No one knew I'm virgin, except Cass. I don't know how she figured it out but she knows. She never once judged me, or anyone for that matter. If she knew any secrets about people she kept them to herself. She didn't partake in any of the gossiping and rumor spreading that all those shallow sluts do twenty-four-seven. Cass truly would make a great leader. She never lies either. She is like a little saint. Wait! 

How could I be so stupid

Cassidy, my sister, never lies. And I accused her of it in front of the whole damn school! How could I forget that my sister is such a bad liar that when she lies she feels so guilty that she will literally not stop bouncing up and down until she spills the truth. We all figured that out when Cassidy accidentally broke mom's favorite Christmas tree bulb and she tried to pass it off on "the wind." I mean first of all that was a terrible lie to start out with - we were inside. Second, she was so antsy that in the middle of opening presents she started crying and admitted that she dropped it on accident. She was shaking so hard because she thought she wasn't going to be able to open her presents. It was hilarious and since then Cassidy has never lied or even attempted to lie again.  

How could I be such a bad brother? I needed to get home. As soon as the last bell rang I jumped out of my seat and ran out to the parking lot. I jumped into my car; Briella would just have to find her own way home. She'd be upset but I couldn't give a fuck because she is the only reason Cassidy feel so self-conscious. Briella is a bitch, plain and simple. I'd rather be with my favorite sister right now. I needed to apologize as soon as possible! 

Upon arriving at the pack house I rushed out of the car. I burst through the front door only to find my mom sitting on the couch. She motioned for me to come to her. She looked posed as if she was waiting for me. Why? 

"Sit down right now Jacob Mathew." My mom had a very unfamiliar icy tone and stern stare. She normally never got angry or disciplined us. I was in some serious trouble. My guess is that she heard about everything that happened at school today.