We Are Heroes

By AShruinger

"We're More Than Just High School Kids: We Are Heroes." This is our group: Andrea the mother, Alek the mat... More

Author's Note
Part One
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Part Two
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Part Three
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
41 (Pure English Version)
Meanwhile...
Acknowledgements
Read "Something"

42

313 14 4
By AShruinger

It's Alek here again.

Things are getting better back in my city of St. Petersburg. It is true what Feliks said: my parents are no longer against us. I'm so relieved and happy that we can be together without having the fear of my parents practically attacking us again.

And with that, I no longer have to go to America. So now I can stay with Feliks in St. Petersburg and go to college there. I like it, I no longer have to be in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language...and I no longer have to write in this journal. Like what I said in the previous chapter, I like writing in here. But it would've been better to write it in Russian, but no one who wrote and read this journal knows Russian except for me. This will be my last entry in here though since I'm now moving on with my life in Russia and I want to forget about all that happened in America. That would be pretty hard to do since most of the events that happened over there are unforgettable. 

Two days later, Feliks and I were strolling down the sidewalk in the late morning. He told me that there was a community soccer game being held at the park in the heart of town and of course I wanted to participate in it. Any chance I get, I'll play soccer. Even in the winter.

The air was still chilled and there was snow pushed to the edge of the streets and sidewalks. The skies were partly cloudy with the winter sun shining down on us. We crossed a street in the residential area, and stepped onto the sidewalk. I was on the edge of the sidewalk with my right hand in Feliks's hand and my other hand holding onto the strap of my soccer bag. I gazed out to my left, spotting on the other side of the road the path that led to the outskirts of the town and to... 'Кабина моих настоящих родителей,' I thought to myself. My real parents' cabin.

"Подождите." Wait. I stopped in my tracks and faced Feliks. "Я хочу, чтобы проверить кое-что. Вы не возражаете, если мы возьмем в объезд?" I want to check out something. Do you mind if we take a detour?

He shrugged. "Конечно, я не против." Sure, I don't mind.

I faced the road, looked both ways for any oncoming cars, and crossed the street with Feliks still in my hand. We got onto the other sidewalk and continued heading straight down the the road's direction.

The road ended and soon enough, we were walking in the familiar, vast area with the frost-covered grounds and gray, cloudy skies.

"Куда мы идем?" Feliks asked with a tentative expression. Where're we going?

"Дом из моих настоящих родителей," I replied while trekking toward the cabin that just appeared on the horizon. To my real parents' house.

"Вы нашли реальные родителей?" You found your real parents?

I tilted my head from side to side. "Ну, вроде. Они мертвы, но...я нашел, где они жили." Well, kind of. They're actually dead, but...I found out where they used to live.

"Ой..." Aw... Feliks slipped his hand out from my grasp and swung his arm over my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. "Я прошу прощения." I'm sorry.

"Это прекрасно," I breathed out with a sigh as we neared the cabin. It's fine.

We halted in front of the front steps of the lonely cabin. It was completely silent except for the occasional cawing of birds that passed by. The cabin though still looked exactly the same: same shape, same state...just a whole lot more gloomier. I couldn't believe I lived here though...for a little bit, but still this was the place I once called home.

Well, I could say that something good came out from America: I found out the truth about my real parents. Sure, I went though a lot of trouble to find out, but it was well worth it.

I stared up at the lonesome cabin, just thinking about all what I went though in America, the good and the bad. It was one whole wild ride altogether.

I letted out a sigh, which was followed by a puff of white mist coming out from my mouth due to the frigidness. "Хорошо." Okay. I turned to look at Feliks, who turned to look at me. "Давайте играть в некоторые футбол." Let's go play some soccer.

«««««»»»»»

The park was a whole lot more sunnier and livelier than the area the cabin was located, that's for sure.

I was already dressed in my soccer gear; the colours of my soccer jersey was white with navy blue lines down the sides. I was practicing with Feliks, who is actually a soccer goalie, so his jersey was black with neon yellow designs; he wore goggles as a replacement for his glasses so that he could see better and not have to worry about them getting knocked off; he also had goalie gloves on. We were passing the ball to each other as a warm-up when I heard a familiar voice calling out: "Hey, Alek!"

I snapped my head toward the direction the voice came from. I looked to my right, spotting Andrea along with Bree and Cade walking up to me with huge smiles on their faces.

'Вау, что они здесь делают?' Whoa, what are they doing here? I stopped the ball by placing my foot on top of it and faced Feliks. "Я вернусь," I told him. I'll be right back.

He nodded his head. "Хорошо." Okay.

I kicked the ball back to him and walked over to the three Americans.

"Alek!" Andrea wrapped me into a hug. I immediately became uncomfortable, not wanting Feliks to get the wrong idea. But luckily, the other two joined the hug.

We then finally pulled apart.

"Что-- Wh-what are you guys doing here?" I asked, having a bit of a difficulty switching from Russian to English.

"Well, we want to see how you're doing!" Andrea threw her hands up into the air enthusiastically.

"I'm doing fine..." I said, feeling a bit embarrassed. "But how did you guys get here?"

"Took the plane, of course!" Cade exclaimed.

I'll get nowhere if I ask them how they actually found me here, I thought to myself.

"So, are you coming back to Westbrook once the break's over?" Andrea asked.

"No." I shook my head; their faces immediately turned sad and shocked. "I'm staying here."

"Why?" she asked me sadly.

I dipped my head down with a small smile; I looked at Andrea. "You should know why," I told her lowly.

She cocked her head to one side with furrowed eyebrows. "You're gonna need to specify more on that, Russia."

I turned around and pointed at Feliks, who was now saving shots from other soccer players. "We're approved," I whispered to her.

Andrea faced me with wide eyes. "But I thought he was dead--"

"No." I shook my head vigorously with a growing smile. "He's actually alive. Nothing bad happened."

A huge smile spread a crossed her face and then she squealed and hugged me again. "Oh, I'm so proud of you, Russia!"

"What? What?" Cade questioned with confusion.

"Yeah, what?" Bree followed along.

I looked at them as Andrea let go of me; I shrugged. "I'm approved to stay in Russia," I told them cooly.

"Why, you were like kicked outta here?" he guessed with a surprised look.

I shrugged. "You can say that."

"But we can still all be friends, right?" Andrea asked us, stepping into our short conversation.

"Yeah." I nodded my head. "I have to get back to the field." I nodded my head back toward the field. "You gonna watch me play?"

"Definitely!" Andrea told me excitedly with raised eyebrows.

"Alright, cool!" I then smiled at them and ran back to into the field.

«««««»»»»»

Ello! This is Bree once again!

Since I'm the one who started this journal thing, I'm the one who should end it, since Alek would not longer be apart of this because...he's...staying in Russia...forever.

But being in Russia for me WAS SO COOL! Ahhhhh yes, Russia! So close to Norway and Finland! Trust me, I was freaking out about going to a foreign country during the whole plane ride! And I had to brush up on my Russian: Да is yes, нет is no... That's how far I got!

And seeing Alek, my crush, playing soccer in Russia was like a double bonus for me! But not a double bonus when Andrea told me a few things...

Once we got settled into the benches that overlooked the field, Andrea nudged me a bit.

"Hey, Katt," she told me lowly.

I turned to look at her. "Yeah?"

"This might sound a bit stalker-ish, but I can't hold this from you forever," she began to say.

I shot her an odd look. "What?"

"I know you like Russia," she told me with a smirk.

"Of course I like Russia, it's a country I've always wanted to go to because of hockey and--!"

"No, not that Russia..." She rolled her eyes. "...the, ugh, Alek!" She threw her hands up in the air. "You like Alek! As if you have a crush on Alek!" Her eyes landed on me sternly.

My eyes flew open as I felt myself beginning to blush. "How...did you know that?"

"Trust me, I know all the signs when one has a crush on another person." She placed her hand on her chest with pride.

"Does he like me‽" I blurted out quite loudly. It didn't really matter though because no one would know what I was talking about since everyone around us only knew Russian.

"That's what I'm gonna touch on..." Andrea seemed a bit tentative on what she was going to bring forth to me. "...he is actually taken."

"Ugh, of course!" I threw my head back in distress; I groaned and faced my friend. "Alright, that's fine! Like what my mother said...:" I began grumbling out the quote, "'There are many fish in the sea.' Of course there'd be a girl he likes over me..." I began turning away from Andrea.

"No, no, no, not a girl!" Andrea told my sharply.

I made a confused look and quickly turned back to face her. "What?"

"He's gay! He has a boyfriend."

I felt my heart drop as I began to gawk at her. Okay, I did not see that coming!

"But shhh! don't tell him that I told you, okay?" She placed her pointer finger against her lips.

"How do you know?" I asked in slight horror.

"He told me," she told me with a smirk.

I letted out a huge breath. "Like what my mother said...:" I began to repeat again. "'There are many fish in the sea...'" I then propped my head against my fists, which were held by my arms that were against my thighs.

I looked downward at the bench below me, which was the first one, since it was piled with soccer bags. The bag that was in front of me was navy blue with white lines as the design; it was slightly zipped open, so I was able to see partially what was inside.

It was dark inside, of course, but I saw though the darkness a familiar gun... My eyes flew open. It was the same type of gun that The Enemy's men used against us: the orange, yet not glowing, designs gave it away.

I slowly looked back up and let my eyes land on the trees that were on the other side of the field. Evil is not completely destroyed?

The End.

*play video for first ending song: Heroes (We Can Be)-Alesso ft.Tove Lo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.3K 27
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book One ║ ║ of ║ ║ Three ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Fear doesn't shut her down. It wakes her...
Earth, After ✔️ By T

Science Fiction

38K 3K 37
Some fates are worse than death--survival is one of them. In the two hundred years since humanity left the Earth's surface to live in the sky, life...
139K 10.5K 41
Villains. Heroes. Try as they might, one is always bested by the other, an endless fight without true meaning. We all have to pick our sides, but I t...
223K 3.2K 31
First fanfiction story I made. Thousands of years ago aliens invaded planet Earth and humans were forced to leave home and move to the Earth. To this...