And if I say no?

By katatastic1

So what Mia's new and that she's never had a friend. So what she might like the biggest player in the school... More

Today was real
When you trust to much
Screw love
When push comes to shove
Bitch, please
And so it begins
And now i'm dead
Should I be scared, cause I am
We good?

To say is to be

560 22 3
By katatastic1

To say I was scared was an understatement. I moved 6 times in my life and supposedly this was the 'last and final move'.

Junior year of high school in tumwater, as I'm told is to be the best school around, 'So many opportunities' I'm told.

Now I was walking up to my so called breathtaking new school with all eyes on me. I was use to that, many people thought I was a little girl who couldn't handle anything.

I braced myself as I walked up to the main office. "Hello I'm new here." I said.

"What's your name darling." The woman asked.

"Oh sorry it's Mia Bittman."

Finally after 10 minutes of waiting the lady lead me to my 1st period class handing me my schedule.

Closing my eyes as I stepped in the classroom. My breath stopped when I open them to everyone staring at me.

"Class we have a new student, why don't you introduce yourself." Mr. Thompson said.

"Hello" I said softly, "My name is Mia Bittman. "

The class looked bored so I took that as a sign to sit down. I walked to what seemed like the only open seat. Bending my knees I sat down in the chipped, slugged desk. Making eyes contact with no one I got out my pencil and looked to the front.

"Psss, hey Mia is it? I was just wondering if like your new here." Mind blown, the people here are stupid oh my goodness how could my dad move me here.

I ignored him but soon heard his voice again.

"Dude don't look so scared I was just kidding, you should see your face."
.
"What's your na..." Holy mother of god where did I go to school. The boy in front of me may be stupid but his looks definitely make up for that. His dirty blonde hair standing up so perfectly, his Italian blue eyes staring down at me. And his lips oh with that jaw line.

"Um Mia, if you'd stop drooling over me that be great."

Oh he had some nerve. "Well sense you won't tell me your name I have to sit here starring at you until you tell me what the hell your name is!" Maybe I was a little harsh but I didn't care I wanted his name and I wanted it now.

"My love, I think we're going to get along just fine. The name is Keenan Frey."

"Alright Keen, do you do anything important here?"

"Other then being on the track team there's nothing important about me."

Class soon ended and I had learned nothing. Even though I talked to Keenan in class for a couple minutes, after we left the classroom he ignored me so I was off to fend for myself.

2nd and 3rd period went by fast, I had talked to this sweet girl, Annabelle. She also invited me to eat lunch with her which was nice but I declined it.

I walked to a corner and sat down at the little seat I made surrounded with leafs. Taking out my earphones I put on how to be a heartbreaker. Humming it I scrolled through Pinterest, looking at my daily quotes I read it. Nothing makes a women look so old as trying desperately hard to look young.

"My love, why are you sitting by yourself."

I jumped and looked up my cheeks turning a tint of pink. Why is it that now that I'm alone he's just talking to me.

"What do you want? What now that I'm alone I can talk to you? Is that it?"

I put my earphones back in my ears and continued to ignore him. He grabbed my face and looked into my eyes. Oh have mercy on me.

"Love, what makes you think you can ignore me?" He looked at me once more and walked away leaving me staring in wonder.

After school I drove home I ran to my room not missing any stairs which was a first. With more homework then anyone could ever give to one person I headed to the library.

Minutes of being in the library I walked through book shelves after book shelves admiring all the books. I stopped in front of a shelve and scanned it running my fingers over each book my hand stopped on one called sweep. It reminded me so much of one my mom had that I grabbed it.

I tiptoed to the desk and checked the book out making little noise I walked to a empty computer. I logged on and went to Kahn academy, where I began testing for the SATS.

Breathe Mia, just because this test is hard doesn't mean that the real one will be difficult. If anything it will be easy, yeah it will be easy.

"Talking to yourself is no fun." A voice echoed in my head. I looked up to Annabelle smiling down at me.

"Um hey, did i say that out loud?"

"Yes but don't worry I'm the only one who heard you."

I can't believe I said that out loud I am so smart. My head tilted up and I smiled at her.

Please leave please leave.

"Hey I have an idea, why don't you come to dinner with me, across the street there's a really good pizza place and I'm sure you'd like it." Annabelle uttered.

Ok Mia don't mess this up just a simple yes and then you can go eat and make a friend just say yes yes yes yes yes.

"Um sure, yeah let's go" I just made a friend happy dance inside my head.

Me and Annabelle walked across the street and into a pizza place called guode. I at lease figured because that's where she said we where going. The smell of cheese and crisp bread feeled the air and my eyes closed to the sounds of low whispers and fun. It took me a minute to realize Annabelle was staring at me.

"Sorry, I've just never smelt suck a good place. I guess that's what happens when you move from Pittsburgh, you just never smell anything different, you know?"

"Yeah, wait so your from Pittsburgh! That is so cool, like awesome."

I just sat there smiling, I was happy. Its not like I'm never happy, I just can't believe I have a friend. She probley didn't know how much I loved this place already.

We took our orders, me getting the meat lovers delight and she had pineapple pizza. When our food came I didn't even notice cause I was laughing so hard.

"Wait so someone really thought you were a guy? That's terrible." Her face was sad but laughing. She just couldn't believe someone thought I was a guy. Really I couldn't believe that either.

"Well when I had cut my hair really short this guy at a party is like 'look at all these chicks, bro this is sick.' and I said 'bro, I'm a chick.' and I walked away so fast it was unbelievable." I told her.

"I would never have been laughing I would have ran home crying."

"I did, but then my moms like 'if your a guy your the prettiest guy I know.' it made me feel really good. So I got up and went to school and that was that." I smiled.

To be honest I have never had a friend she seemed like my friend at lease to me. I would have this conversation later because I'm having a good time. Mia! get out of your head and keep talking.

After dinner Annabelle went home, she gave me number cause 'I needed it'. I walked home alone and with the cold weather hitting my back I was an iceberg when I got there.

"Hey dad, mom, I'm home." I skipped into the kitchen. No parents. I ran upstairs and into their bedroom. No parents. My heart was racing I tiptoed to the garage. No parents. I ran back to the kitchen and tired to find a note. Nothing. They said they get off at 2pm and it's 6pm where could they possibly be.

Making my way to my room I plopped on my bed. My hands moved to a pillow and soon my eyes closed and I dreamt.

Morning came and I ate breakfast alone. I walked to my car, I had name him Merdy cause I don't know I picked it when I was younger I guess. When I pulled into school a group of kids were gathered around in a circle and I could hear the faint sounds of people screaming 'fight, fight'. I walked up to the crowd and looked at the people.

"She's mine, back off Keenan. Can't do anything better then get into people relationships." The guy I didn't know yelled.

"Dude, just cause she kissed you one time does not mean she is yours. Even though her lips matched mine perfect, almost like they belong there. You want her fine! It's not like I can stay in a relationship anyway." Keenan said.

I walked away I didn't need any of this drama in my life. Not that it's my drama I just didn't care for the fighting.

When class started Keenan wasn't there probley cause he went to the office from that fight. I didn't listen most of the time my mind was else where. I just wanted to know where my mom and dad where.

"Mia, hey I was wondering if you wanted to come over today maybe hang out?" Annabelle giggled.

"Sure, but I don't know where you live." I replied.

"Oh course I can drive you to my house, no need to worry."

"I have my own car, can I follow you?" I asked. Please say yes, please say yes.

"I guess if you want, but hey eat lunch with me? Please?" She asked.

"I would but I somewhere else I like to be at lunch."

"You better not be ditching me for some other person." She smiled.

"I would never." I laughed hitting her arm, I ran away and into the corner I sat at yesterday.

I grabbed the book I got from the library. I had already reached page 31 and I was in love. The book was so different from my life she met someone who she likes she had a lot of friends she is so happy. I kept reading and reading until I got bored.

"My love, your out here again? I need to find somewhere else to be alone at lunch and this was the only spot that no one knew about." Keenan said.

"You weren't in 1st period, Why? and if I'm correct this is a public place, is it not?" I was mad, for one this is my spot and to I had no one to talk to in 1st period.

"You shouldn't get mad, and wouldn't you like to know where I was um, not telling."

"It was cause of that fight this morning wasn't it?" I wasn't trying to be sneaking and get in his business I guess I was just curious.

"You saw that? Well yes that was why." He looked ashamed. It was sad to see, it made me heart hurt I felt bad.

"Keen" I began to trail off. The bell rung and I gathered my stuff. "Bye Keen." I waved.

"My love, your so weird." He said. He bent down and kissed my cheek sending butterflies through me.

Before I knew what I was doing I spinned around and grabbed his face pulling him close to me.

"Keen, don't leave me." I smiled then lean my lips close and walked away. I walked straight around the corner and pushed my back against the wall.

My first thought: did it work? Second thought: Hell yeah that was the most funniest thing I watched or walked away from. I smiled and walked to my 5th period not at all caring what he was going to say in 5th period.

I sat in my seat as the bell rang again, he wasn't anywhere to be found. Half way through class he walked in looking me right in the eye.

"Miss. Bittman would you come here please." Mrs. Halle said. I got to my feet as many ohhs and ahhhs came my way.

"Miss. Bittman you have been called to the office, probley nothing bad your a good student. Now go and Mr. Frey you walk her down there."

We walked out of the classroom and into the hall which was empty. We rounded a corner and I was slammed against the wall.

"Love, what makes you think you can get away with doing that at lunch to me. You think your so cool." Keenan whispered.

"Can we just go to the office." I spit, what he just pushes me and doesn't think I'm going to react.

"I made it up love, I had to get you alone so I could do this." And with that he grabbed my face and kissed me. Hard at first but then slowly softer. At first I was resistant but I'm not going to lie I did like it. His lips fit mine and it made me complete.

"See love, don't lead someone on, you'll just get hurt." He turn to leave but I grab his hand pulling him closer to me.

"What makes you think I'm leading you on?" I kissed him on more drawing him in and then I walked away leaving him speechless.

Finally 6th period rolled around and I was free to do what I chose. So I did what any normal girl would do and looked for Annabelle. When I found her she was surrounded with her friends but when she saw me she acted like they didn't exist.

"Hey, I didn't know you had a free period I thought you were taking like Spanish or something." Annabelle said. Well I didn't need to I know how to speak Italian and I didn't care for the other languages.

"Nope, all yours." I beamed. She had the biggest grin on her face and that made me happy and nervous. She took my hand and lead me to her friends, horror came through my body and I stopped.

"Annabelle, um I don't think I can do this." I gulped. I didn't get along with many people and it was surprising I got along with her.

"You'll be fine, I promise." The way she looked at my made me think. Maybe she is right I mean it wouldn't hurt if I tried to make friends. "You ready?" She asked. I nodded and she pulled me to them.

To say I didn't like them would be lying, but they ignored me most of the time and talked about the new hot guys of this year. I didn't listen much until I heard a girl mentation something about Keenan and I was all ears.

"So Abby told me that Keenan supposedly made out with this girl. They were kissing in 5th period and he was like so into it. I think its a lie because he never stays with a woman longer then 5 minutes, but they were talking and making out almost all of the period." A blonde green eyed girl gossiped.

"No way, everyone says I'm the best kisser and he didn't stay with me that long. It's probley a lie." Annabelle said.

Wait Annabelle and Keenan kissed? That is so weird, I hope they don't realize its me cause that would suck. Why am I still talking to myself say something.

"Did you find out who it was?" I asked. Please say no Please say no.

"No, but Abby said she looked like some hoe so none of us want to go near her. I just can't wait to hear what Ashlee is going to say." The girl said.

"Who's Ashlee?" I asked. Who is she and why would she care?

"Um Keenan's girlfriend, I forgot your still new. They fuck each other and Ashlee thinks there in a relationship, she's going to get screwed over real soon." Mia said. Woah, I've never heard her cuss.

I got up and told them I was going to the bathroom, they jumped up to come with but I asked to be alone. I came around the corner to see Keenan and couple of guys laughing and talking. My feet moved passed them and I turned the corner again.

"My love, good to see you again." I almost puked at what he said, he has a fuck buddy and still calls me that.

"Outside now to the corner!" I whisper yelled. When he didn't move I go mad. "Keen, get your dirty ass outside now or I swear to god I'll tell Ashlee." I screamed. People turned and I moved my head out of sight.

"Woah love, lets go outside and talk."

We walked outside and I lost it. I turned to him and punched him right in the face not caring that blood was coming out I punched him again and fell to my knees. I knew we weren't dating but I was the girl that Keenan cheated with. I didn't like the title, I looked at him and he was glaring at me.

"What the fuck Mia! You can't just fucking punch someone cause your mad. God that hurt you punch hard." He yelped.

"Seriously, you kissed me and that makes me the girl you cheated with. If I had known you were dating Ashlee I would never have done that. I can't believe it, you know the whole school was talking about that kiss."

"Yeah I know, But me and Ashlee are not dating first off. I only use her for sex and second the whole school knows I kissed someone but they don't know who. I'm not about to tell anyone who you are."

"So she's your fuck buddy. I don't want to be involved with that." I confessed.

"Bitch, you honestly think you have a shot with me? News flash you don't and you never will."

I stared at him, what was I thinking liking a player. I walked away and ran to my car not caring if the bell for school ring or not. I drove home to no parents again and ran to my room. Closing the door I layed my head down and cried. Hours later my crying stopped and I fell asleep.

The next morning I got up early and curled my hair. I put on makeup and got my new school dress out of the closet. I put it on not caring that it was a little to short I put heels on and walked out. When I got to school people looked at me but I ignored them and kept walking.

It was like the time off teen spirit wear the girl is drop dead gorgeous and the lyrics 'I'm beautiful drop dead, beautiful dro drop dead.' playing.

I walked to my 1st period class and sat down, I was the 5 person in here. I got my phone out and scrolled through pinterest for another daily quotes: The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

The bell rung and I put my phone away looking at the boar, I notice Keenan staring at me. I ignored it, I don't care about him. I don't care about him.

"Mia, you looking fine. I'm sorry for what I said yesterday I just had a bad day." He had a bad day? He is making me mad.

"Shut up, I get it I'm not good enough for you oh well. Get over it actually get over you."

"Love, you can't say that. Look at lunch meet me at the corner I really need to talk to you."

"You know I have way more on my plate then caring about you I have other things to worry about. For one my parents are MIA and two I forgot to go to my best friends because of you and so I have other things to worry about so I don't know if I'm going to the corner I guess you'll have to see." I screamed.

"Miss. Bittman, Mr. Frey sense you had time to interrupt my class why don't you go to the office, Now!" Mr. Thompson said.

This is were you stand up and leave the room Mia, ok feet just move.

And that's what I did, I got up and left the room.

Hey munchkins, hope you like the book. Don't forget to hit like and follow me. Many chapters to come. I love you all so much and thanks for checking out my book.
- kaitlyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275 41 9
"If they are just dreams...then how come they feel real?" Mia, who is willing to find out what happened to her past since the day of her horrible acc...
34.8K 1.2K 50
Mia and Nick grew up together, developing a deep bond of friendship and blossoming love while dealing with less than ideal home lives. As things got...
1.5K 145 17
Two best friends who love each other but never said anything about it either. What happens when she sees him a few months later and she has something...
423 3 72
This story is about Mia Scott, her life is perfect. She has the most amazing parents ever, she has an awesome best friend and she's loved at school...