When you trust to much

It took me some time to see what it actually was, I mean I know its a envelope. That wasn't it, the shape of it was normal but there was red lettering that was on the front saying my name on it.

What the heck, no one got in the house and if someone did it had to be my parents, right?

I went to my dads office picking up a glass envelope opener and walked back to the counter. My hands move to pick it up and I opened it. No need to be scared Mia it's probley mail. My hands ran inside the card and I grabbed a piece of paper.

I slowly unfolded the paper holding it so delicately. My hands looked at the paper in disbelief.

Honey,

I know this might be hard for you and me and your father are truly sorry. I want you to keep living your life so to make sure you would we gave you 3 million dollars in the envelope. The key is for a box and I can't tell you were it's located but please don't lose it cause it is worth a lot of money. We also want to tell you that we never want to see and talk to you again. It's not you it's us. It's ok Mia everything will be ok. Although we hate you so much we are willing to put this passed us and forget you ever existed. I know you think we loved you but we truly hated every minute with you. Anyway I hope you grow up good and we would never think less of you. I'd say I love you but I don't want to lie again.

Love,

Your old mom and dad

I stared at the note not believing what I just read. Quickly turning around wiping my tears away from my eyes. I turned back around as my phone vibrated.

Unknown number: Hey Mia, it's Annabelle anyway how are you?

Me: I'm doing good, I wanted to know if you would like to hang out?

Unknown number: But aren't your parents strict about that?

Me: Yeah, but I think I can slip away.

Unknown number: Ok, see you soon ;)

I grabbed my phone and typed in her address. I just wanted someone to hold me and tell me everything is ok. I drove down the street and onto the freeway turning my radio up to 'Don't tell em'. I started dancing and getting lose I just needed my mind to be off things.

I pulled into her driveway admiring the huge brick house in front of me. Stepping out of Merdy and walking up the steps. I didn't even make it to the door before it opened to a smiling Annabelle.

"Hi" She screamed pulling me into a hug. I hug her back she was so cute. If this is what best friends did I wanted more.

"Hi" I laughed. "Some one is happy to see me."

She just laughed and lead me into the house and up the stairs. I looked around at her room it had everything in it. A flat screen tv and queen size bed. Two bookshelves all filled with books. And what seemed like a big walk in closet, wait is that a desk with a laptop on it and a bathroom. I looked at her and smiled.

"Ok so I have to tell you some news. Come sit before you faint." I walked over to her bed and sat down making myself comfortable I grabbed a pillow and looked at her nodding to continue.

"Ok so you know how we were talking about Keenan the other day at the table?" I nodded.

What about him? I just breathed and listened more no need to interrupt the story.

"So I guess today he was out of class and brought into the office with the same girl he made out with at lease that's what Abby and everyone else is saying. So anyway after they left the office he was hugging her and then they kissed and both walked back to class and the weirdest part is that they hugged. I never thought of Keenan as a hugger and I still don't it's just so weird you know. Still no one knows who she is but in 5th period he kept looking around like he was trying to find someone isn't that weird like who could she be."