Nothing More Than This // Sco...

By WoahLiveLife

Life gives everyone an opportunity, so when your best friend Scotty McCreery has the chance on American Idol... More

Chapter 1...
Chapter 2...
Chapter 3...
Chapter 4...
Chapter 5...
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7...
Chapter 8...
Chapter 9...
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14...
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17...
Chapter 18...
Chapter 19...
Chapter 20...
Chapter 21...
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
Chapter 26...
Chapter 27...
Chapter 28...
Chapter 29...
Chapter 30...
Chapter 31...
Chapter 32...
Chapter 33...
Chapter 34...
Chapter 35...
Chapter 36...
Chapter 37...
Chapter 38...
Chapter 39...
Chapter 40...
Chapter 41...
Chapter 42...
Chapter 43...
Chapter 44...
Chapter 45...
Chapter 46...
Chapter 47...
Chapter 48...
Chapter 49...
Chapter 50...
Chapter 51...
Chapter 52...
Chapter 53...
Chapter 54...
Chapter 55...
Chapter 56...
Chapter 57...
Chapter 58...
Chapter 59...
Chapter 60...
Chapter 61...
Chapter 62...
Chapter 63...
Chapter 64...
Chapter 65...
Chapter 66...
Chapter 67...
Chapter 68...
Chapter 69...
Chapter 70...
Chapter 71...
Chapter 73...
Chapter 74...
Chapter 75...
Chapter 76...
Chapter 77...
Chapter 78...
Chapter 79...
Chapter 80...
Chapter 81...
Chapter 82...
Chapter 83...
Chapter 84...
Chapter 85...
Chapter 86...
Chapter 87...
Chapter 88...
Chapter 89...
Chapter 90...
Chapter 91...
Chapter 92...
Chapter 93...
Chapter 94...
Chapter 95...
Chapter 96...
Chapter 97...
Chapter 98...
Chapter 99...
Chapter 100...
Chapter 101...
Chapter 102...
Chapter 103...
Chapter 104...
Chapter 105...
Chapter 106...
Chapter 107...
Chapter 108...
Chapter 109...
Chapter 110...
Chapter 111...
Chapter 112
Chapter 113...
Chapter 114...
Chapter 115...
Chapter 116...
Chapter 117...
Chapter 118...
Chapter 119...
Chapter 120...
Chapter 121...
Chapter 122...
Chapter 123...
Chapter 124...
Chapter 125...
Chapter 126...
Chapter 127...
Chapter 128...
Chapter 129...
Chapter 130...
Chapter 131...
Chapter 132...
Chapter 133...
Chapter 134...
Chapter 135: Epilogue

Chapter 72...

1.8K 22 0
By WoahLiveLife

Kicking your feet up onto the dashboard, you pushed your backpack to the floor of the truck as you leaned your head against the window. Looking out the windshield, you watched as Scotty stood there, by the back doors of the school, talking to a few friends.

Jumping slightly in your seat, to the feeling of your phone buzzing in your pocket, you quickly pulled it out and looked at the screen ‘New Message from: Clara’ you opened it up and began to read.

‘Hey, i just wanted to thank you for making my first week in Garner a good one :) means a lot!’

Opening a new text box, you began to type a message back, and once you were done you pressed send and shoved your phone back into your pocket.

Looking once again out the windshield, you realized Scotty was walking towards the truck, a soft smile spread across his face as your eyes locked with his. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he picked up his pace.

The truck’s door shut with a slam, once Scotty was inside. He looked at you, as he buckled his seat belt and gave you a smile “tired?” he asked, noticing your slightly drooped eye lids. You just nodded while sending him your sleepy smile. He smiled wider, as he started up the truck. “well don’t fall asleep we have plans tonight” he said, pulling out of the parking space and starting to make his way through the crowded parking lot. “wait we do?” you asked, eyes opening wider “i don’t remember this!” you continued “well we do now” he said, laughing lightly “okay, and what are these plans exactly?” you asked, crossing your arms “you’ll see” he said as he finally pulled out of the parking lot and started towards home.

—-

“were home” a soft, yet deep voice, whispered, disturbing your rest. Your eyes twitched for a moment, then they slowly opened. Sitting up slowly, you realized you had fallen asleep on the way home. Looking around you found Scotty sitting there, starring at you, while rubbing his shoulder “never knew it was possible for my shoulder to go to sleep” he joked “very funny” you said, lightly pushing his arm “when did i fall asleep, exactly?” you asked while smoothing down your matted hair. “you crashed at like the first stop sign” he said unbuckling his seat belt and pushing through his door, you did the same “well then, i guess i’ll see you later” you said turning towards your house “oh you definitely will” Scotty called to you as he headed for his porch. Laughing, loud enough for Scotty to here, you climbed the steps to your porch and walked to the front door

“thats one crazy boy” you whispered, as you stepped through the door. Turning around, you pushed it shut, then walked over to the living room, where you fell onto the couch. “who’s one crazy boy?” you heard coming from the stairs. Turning your head, you found your mom coming down the staircase. “Scotty” you said, shrugging as you relaxed into the couch “yeah, one boy who loves you like crazy” she said, with a soft giggle, as she headed for the kitchen. “oh yeah, sure mom!” you called out to her, as you pushed yourself up off the couch “oh i’m being serious sweet heart!” she called back, you just rolled your eyes and headed for the staircase.

Grabbing onto the staircase railing, you began to walk up them, but stopped in your tracks as you heard a knock on the door. Pivoting your body, you looked down towards the door, as a curious expression crossed your face. Slowly taking your time, you walked down the few steps, and towards the door.

Grabbing onto the knob, you twisted it. then pulled the door in your direction. No one was standing there. There was no one anywhere on the porch or on the lawn. Confused was thick on your face, but as you were about to shut the door you spotted a brown box on the floor below you. Bending over, you snatched it up in your arms then quickly stood back up and made your way into the house.Examining the box more closely, you had found your named scrawled across it, in a neat hand writing.

“who was at the door, hun?” your mom yelled from the kitchen “no one, i’m just gonna head upstairs now” you rushed, as you turned around and began to run up the stairs, not waiting for your moms response.

Running into your room, you set the box down on the bed and shut the door tightly. Turning back around, you walked over to your bed and sat down right in front of the box. “now what can you be?” you asked aloud, as if the box was going to respond. Bringing your hand up, and getting your fingers underneath the top piece of cardboard, you yanked it open, as quickly as you possibly could.

Once it was finally open, you got onto your knees, to have a better view, as you reached inside. The tips of your fingers brushed against the soft feeling fabric, they clenched onto it and lifted it up and out of the box. Holding it out in front of you, you realized it was a familiar ‘blue crew’ shirt. “Scotty’s shirt? Why would i get this?” you asked, as you set it aside. Once more you reached inside, but you ha to reach all the way to the bottom till you touched something. Just by the first touch of it, you knew it was a piece of paper. This you took out faster then the shirt and quickly opened the folded paper. Seeing the un-neat writing before you, you instantly knew it was Scotty’s handwriting, you were smiling before you even read a single word. Your eyes began to scan over the paper as you took in every single word.

Game tonight, meet’cha out by the truck at 6:45, wear the shirt -Scotty’

Game what game? Oh that’s right, the basketball game!” you thought, but just tossed the paper on the bed, along side the shirt, as you laid your head down against your pillow.

Soon enough time passed on and you began to get ready.

Slipping on the blue crew t-shirt, you glanced over at the clock. “six forty-five, right on the dot” you said a loud, as you went over towards your bed. Putting your hands on the bed, you leaned over it and glanced out the window.

Scotty was out there, leaning up against his truck, phone in hand and scrolling through. Puling your phone out of your pocket for a moment, you opened up a new text box and began to type.

Look up :)”

Once you sent he messageyou climbed onto the bed and lifted up the window Scotty still had yet to notice you, as you stuck your head out the window.

A moment later, his phone buzzed in his hand, you could see him opening the message up and finally he looked up. Catching you looking down at him, his cheeks were stained with a light pink color, barely noticeable, but the smile on his face could be seen a mile away.

“I like your shirt” Scotty called up, as he could see the hemline of the blue colored shirt. “oh thanks, i borrowed it from a friend” you said, having a smug smile appear on your face. “ahh, that’s cool. that’s, now come on we got a game to go see!” he said, excitedly as he began hitting the truck with his hands, making a drumming sound. “okay, catch me!” you said as you began to climb out the window. Scotty’s eyes widened “(yourname) don’t even think about jumping from there!” he said in a now complete serious tone “oh why not it’d be fun!” you said, now carefully crawling across the roof “oh yeah, breaking bones does sound fun” Scotty jokingly said, following you, as you crawled across “be careful! I hate when you go ont he roof in this kind of weather” he continued “i’ll be fine! I’ve done this hundreds of times!” you said, now reaching the ladder. Turning around slightly, you carefully placed your feet on the ladder. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Scotty, gripping onto the ladder for dear life, with sincerity in his eyes. Carefully you made your way down the ladder, making sure that every step you took wouldn’t lead to a painful ending.

Once your feet hit the concrete, a smile spread across your face as you turned towards Scotty “Ta-da!” you said, holding your arms out wide “dagum” Scotty said, shaking his head, as he turned around and headed for the truck “for a moment there, i thought i would of had to catch you” he continued, once you both were inside and now buckling up. “don’t worry McCreery, i’m a big girl, i can handle myself” you said, looking up from your seat belt, and found Scotty looking at you with intent eyes “what am i gonna do with you when i’m away on idol?” he joked, as he pulled out of the driveway “looks like your gonna have to take me with you” you responded, looking out the window, as houses passed by.

Pulling open the school’s doors, Scotty stood aside, as he let you walk in first “thanks” you mumbled, stepping into the school, he just nodded and followed behind. The mumble of voices filled the hallways, as you neared the gym.

Stepping through the double doors, you were taken aback by the amount of people filling the bleachers. Blue and yellow filled the room, as it was either in the form of paint, resting upon someone’s face, or the clothing clinging to their bodies. Scotty, barely touching your back, guided you to the seats that the blue crew had saved.

Once you two sat down, Scotty instantly was taken away in conversation with James, Chris and Kyle. Strumming your fingers on your lap, you looked around the gym, at the opposing team. They had looked just as rallied up for this game as you all were, but yet, not as spirited. “hey, (yourname)” a voice said, taking your attention away from the other team, turning, you found Clara standing there. She looked a bit awkward, standing there, surrounded by people who she barely knew “oh, hey Clara, wanna sit next me?” you offered, scootching closer towards Scotty and accidentally bumping him with your elbow, he turned to look at you “sorry” you said, he just nodded, gave you a small smile then turned back to his conversation. “sure, thanks” she said, sitting down by you “you know, my school wasn’t as spirited as your school, this is weird in a way” she said, looking around or a moment, then turning to look at you. “must be, i haven’t always lived here in Garner neither” you shrugged “really? When did you move here, and where were you from? If you don’t mind me asking?” she asked, eagerly “well, i lived in a smaller town than this, only about ten thousand people in that town all together, i forget the name at the moment, but i moved here when i was ten, glad i did” you said sneakily looking at Scotty for a moment then back to Clara. “oh, that’s cool” she said but before another word could be said, the buzzer rang indicating the start of the game. Everyone in both set of bleachers stood up and yelled as the players were about to come out.

“she’s cute, why not her, man?” you over heard James say to Scotty. The game was halfway over now, and Garner was in the lead, but not by much. “nah, brotha” Scotty said, shaking his head slightly.

“so are you going to winterball?” you asked, turning towards Clara “i’m not sure, i haven’t heard much of it, when is it?” she asked, “you definitely should! and it’s next weekend” you said, in a bit of an excited tone. “hmm, maybe, do you have a date?” she asked you “no, probably won’t get one either” you said, shrugging, but not letting the smile slip one bit. You could feel Scotty’s gaze on you, as you continued talking, but you tried not to pay any attention to it. “oh, well you definitely will, your beautiful!” she said, with sincerity running through her “thanks so much, hun, you are too!” you said, with your eyes showing compassion. You watched as Clara then turned and looked out to the court “hmm, number 5 is a cutie, how about him?” she asked, pointing to the dark haired boy from your school “haha, no way, he’s cute and all but not for me” you said letting out a laugh “okay, okay, number 36?” she asked. Searching for a moment, you found number 36 running down the court with the ball “umm i would, but see he’s like a brother to me” you said, laughing a bit “okay, forget that, how about-” she began to say but was cut short when Scotty smacked the bleachers with his hands, stood up, turned towards you and Clara then hastily walked out of the gym. Clara and you looked in his direction, then at each other and soon enough back in Scotty’s direction.

“(yourname) why don’t you go see whats wrong?” James suggested “i, umm, what” was all you could say, as you were in complete confusion “here, i’ll go see whats wrong, i’ll be right back” she said, getting up and running out of the gym. You watched after her, as your mind ran out of control.

Scotty’s P.O.V

He paced back and forth down the hallway, as his right hand was gripped around the back of his neck. Footsteps pounding on the linoleum floor took Scotty out of his thoughts, as he turned around and found Clara running towards him, her dark brunette hair swinging behind her as she took every stride. Scotty quickly turned around and was about to make his way farther down the hall “Scotty, wait” she huffed out. She was breathing hard, once she came to a hault “what’s wrong?” she asked, between a few deep breaths “nothing” he simple said, dropping his hand from his neck “there has to be something wrong” she said, crossing her arms “well there’s nothing” Scotty had said stubbornly “well the way you looked at me and (yourname) gives proof that there is” she said, smugly “so you gotta tell me, right now, if you don’t want to have (yourname) know then i won’t tell her, but you just gotta tell me, and i’ll leave you alone” she continued “that’s just is, i want (yourname) to know, but” he began “but what?” Clara asked. His eyes dropped to the floor, as he walked over to the wall, leaned against it then dropped down to the floor, Clara sat down beside him. He looked up at her, worry in his eyes “listen Clara…” he began.

Your P.O.V

Looking towards the double doors, there was no sign of Clara or Scotty. You were getting worried, and it was noticeable. “are you okay?” a voice near you asked. Lifting your head up, you found James looking at you, curiosity showing in his eyes “yeah i’m fine” you said “that’s a lie” he said, a smile showing on his face as he realized he was were right. But before you could reply the final buzzer rang, and everyone on the Garner side jumped up in joy showing that the Trojans had won 56-24. Quickly, before James would ask anymore questions, you got up and walked out into the hall. So far from what you could see, Scotty was no where in sight.

Walking a bit farther down the hall, Scotty nor Clara were still no where. “where did they go?” you asked yourself, a million and one worrisome things were rushing through your head at once.

Walking over to the wall closest to you, you leaned against it and slid down to the floor, waiting to see if there was any sign of Scotty. Chris, Kyle, James and a few of other Scotty’s friends walked out of the crowded gym then, laughing about something. Kyle was the first to spot you, he quickly jogged over to you and kneeled down to your level “what are you doing over here? Where’s Scotty?” he asked, a worried expression crossing your face “i don’t know” you said, worry thick in your voice. “well come on, one of us will give you a ride home” Kyle said, extending his hand out towards you. Biting your lip, you grabbed onto his hand and he helped you up off the ground “you sure? cause i could walk” you said, not wanting to seem needed “were sure, right guys?” he said, looking behind him, all the guys there nodding their heads.

Walking out of the double doors, you and the boys walked to the edge of the parking lot “okay so who am i getting a ride with?” you asked, looking at the three guys. They looked between each for a moment, and all three were about to speak up when a voice came from behind them “i will”. Turning around all four of you found Scotty and Clara walking out of the double doors. “dude where were you?” Chris asked “talking to the coach” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets “alright” Chris said, “yeah, can you guys come here quick, i have to show you something on my phone real quick” Scotty said. The three boys looked at each other confused, but just shrugged their shoulders and followed Scotty away.

Clara walked over to you then, “what happened?” you asked, giving her a stern look “i can’t tell you” she said looking down at the ground “oh..” was all you could say. Clara placed her hand on your shoulder, in a comforting way “don’t worry hun, it’s nothing bad!” she said, a smile spreading across her face. Hearing that, your eyes brightened up a bit, this caused her to smile bigger.

It was atleast five minutes more before the boys walked over, five minutes of solid silence between you and Clara. “so do you girls want to go to bojangles?” Scotty asked, walking towards the two of you “i can’t sorry, my moms already here, i’ll see you guys later” Clara said, smiling at all of you “alright see you monday” he said pulling her into a one armed hug, and whispered something to her. “what is going on here?” ran through your mind, as you saw this. Clara pulled away and waved goodbye as she walked away. “what about you, (yourname), do you wanna go?” Scotty asked, with an almost pleading look on his face “i dont know…” you trailed off, “please?” he asked, stepping closer to you. Biting your lip, you rolled your eyes an let out a sigh “i guess” you said “yes! okay come on guys, lets go!” Scotty said gesturing towards the parking lot.

You all reached your cars/trucks and got inside, and headed for bojangles.

Minutes later, all of you were walking through the doors of bojangles. It was way more crowded then you had expected. “looks like were gonna have to improvise you guys” Chris said, looking between the guys, the other three nodded and started getting into line.

“i’ll get your food, you can go back out to the truck” Scotty suggested “alright” you said, with a smile as you turned around and walked out of the building.

Reaching the truck, you leaned up against the tailgate and just waited. Looking up at the night time sky, you smiled as the clouds slowly moved past, revealing the bright shining moon. It was nights like these that made you feel good.

“whatcha looking at, (last name)” James called out, as him and the other guys came out of the building and were heading towards you “the moon” you replied, not taking your eyes away “why? you’ve seen it millions of times, it looks the same” Chris said setting his bag of food in the bed of the truck “because it’s beautiful” you replied, as you stepped away from the truck. Scotty walked up to you, placed his food in the bed of his truck and pulled down the tailgate. He smiled at you, as he gestured for you to climb in, you did so, being careful of the food, and climbed to the way back. The guys piled in with you. Scotty grabbed his food out of the bag and then handed the bag to you “thanks” you said, as you began to pull your food out.

It was silent as you guys ate, except for the sound of chewing and cars driving by, but besides that it seemed peaceful.

Finishing your food, you crumpled up your papers and threw them in the bag, then you lifted your cup of tea up and took a sip. “you know, (yourname) i think Scotty has something to ask you” Kyle suddenly said. Turning your gaze from Kyle to Scotty, you gave him a curious look “do you?” you asked, smiling at him “yeah, can we go for a walk?” he asked “sure” you said getting up and jumping over the side of the truck, Scotty did the same and you both began to walk through the parking lot.

At first it was silent, nothing being said. But then Scotty slowed down his pace, and so did you. “isn’t there there something you need to ask?” you asked, looking up at him. Instantly, he brought his hand up to his neck, that little nervous thing he did. He licked his lips for a moment, and then slowed down to a complete stop “(yourname) he began, but stopped. “yeah?” you asked, he looked down at the ground, then up towards his boys back at the truck, then back over to you. He began to walk again, back towards the truck. Even though curiosity was flowing through you, you didn’t want to push him, so you started following along side him again.

Keeping your eyes on your feet the whole time, you didn’t know if anything was ever going to be said. “(yourname)” Scotty spoke again, quickly you looked up at him “yes?” you asked, you guys were near the truck then, in ear shot of the other boys “well i was, see i thought, maybe you know-” he was mumbling “HE WAS WONDERING IF YOU’D LIKE TO GO TO WINTERBALL WITH HIM” the boys yelled from the truck. Scotty and you looked in there direction for a moment, both your cheeked rose colored. “see not that hard Scotty!” Chris yelled to him “YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!” Scotty yelled, back in a joking manner. A smile so big, spread across your face, as you turned to look at Scotty. Feeling your gaze on him, he turned to look in your direction, his eyes softening as they met yours “did you really wanna ask me to winterball?” you asked, “yeah, i did” he said, looking down at the ground for the moment “well my answer is yes” you said, he looked up quickly, eyes widened “really?” he asked “of course! all you had to do was ask” you said “well dagum, wasn’t as hard as i thought” he joked. Letting out a laugh, Scotty and you turned back in the direction of truck and began to walk that way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
35.3K 1.6K 33
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
33.5K 647 18
Landon Cullen, the son of Edward and Bella, is the new boy at school. He's mysterious, rude, and irritatingly gorgeous. Iris Blackwood wants to stay...
161K 5.4K 23
Andy Biersack is a dangerous guy. His reputation consists of: insane, psychotic, criminal, and dangerous. He lately broke out of prison, and is now r...