The Bodyguard 2: Test of Our...

By NalaniRose

This is the sequel to The Bodyguard. You MUST read that book first. I repeat YOU MUST READ THE BODYGUARD FIRS... More

Chapter 1: Picture Perfect
My Apologies
Chapter 2 : The Truth
Chapter 4: Nice Eyes Tell Lies
Chapter 5: What Were You Expecting?
Chapter 6: Back Against the Wall
Chapter 7: When It All Falls Down
Chapter 8: Moving On
NOT AN UPDATE !
Chapter 9: Changes
Chapter 10: New Beginnings
Chapter 11: No Love In This Club
Chapter 12: Keep Away
Chapter 13: Man to Man
Chapter 14: Dreams & Nightmares
Chapter 15: You Deserve Better
Mini Rant
Chapter 16: Amir's 1st Birthday
Chapter 17: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 18: The Calm
Chapter 19: Kaleena
Chapter 20: The Storm
Chapter 21: I See You
Chapter 22: Lesson Learned
Chapter 23: The Wrong One
Chapter 24: Obsessed
Chapter 25: New Beginnings
Chapter 26: Forever My Lady
Chapter 27: New Addition
READ ME!!
Chapter 28: The Beginning of Forever
Q&A
BACK IN THIS BITCH LIKE A SHOULDER BLADE!

Chapter 3: Keep Your Mouth Shut

49K 1.9K 1K
By NalaniRose

excuse the mistakes guys! Natalie in the mm. 

happy reading! 

Chapter Three: Keep Your Mouth Shut

Kellen

"You're who?" I asked, blinking rapidly.

"Nami's sister," the girl, Natalie, responded.

"I didn' know Nami had a sister." I rubbed the back of my head. I slightly shook my head side to side. This was a lot to take in.

"We honestly just found out we were sisters." Her mood suddenly changed. "I hate she was taken from me so soon. I know she wasn't the best but she was my sister and I loved her." She looked down at her feet and started playing with her fingers.

I sighed heavily. "Look, is there any particular reason you wanted to meet me?" I felt the sudden need to change the subject.

Her eyes lit up. "Yes, actually. I was wondering if I could come see Amir. He's like the only part of Nami that I have left."

I nodded in understanding. She was technically Amir's aunt. I stepped back and slowly raised my eyebrow.

"Now how do I know you're really Nami's sister? I need to see some identification." I held my hand out.

She lightly chuckled. "Are you serious?"

"As I heart attack."

Letting out a nervous chuckle, she began digging around in her purse for something. She pulled out a small red wallet, and retrieved her driver's license. Etched across the top was 'Natalie Chong'. It was true they had the same last name, and looked damn near identical so I had no choice, but to believe her.

"You can come see Amir, but you can only see him under my supervision. I don't know you like that." I bluntly told her.

She nodded her head. "I guess I can respect that."

"When would you like to see him?" I asked while glancing over at Tahj who was more wrapped up in my conversation than closing up the shop.

"Today," she shrugged. "if that's possible."

I ran a hand down my face. "I don't know about that. I'll have to call wifey and see if that's okay with her."

"Yeah, okay." She replied with a hint of attitude.

I shrugged her off, and pulled out my phone to call Ivy. It rang about four times before she answered the phone.

"Yes Kellen?"

I sighed sensing the attitude in her tone.

"Baby I'm sorry. I was in the middle of closing up the shop when something came up." I explained.

"Something like?" she questioned.

I let out a sigh once again. "Nami has a sister baby. She wants to see Amir."

"Excuse me?" I could hear the rise in her pitch, causing me to inwardly groan. I knew she wasn't going to take this well.

"I mean, she is Amir's aunt, and he is the only piece of her sister she has left."

"Amir is your son Kellen, I really don't have an opinion of importance." She mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "C'mon Ivy, don't start that shit."

"Fine Kellen, she can come over."

"I love you."

I heard her kiss her teeth. "I love you, too."

"I'll see you in a few, behbey."

"Mhm. Goodbye Kellen." She hung up the phone.

I looked back to Natalie who was now wondering around the shop looking at all the art work.

"I guess you could just follow me to the crib." I shrugged. Walking back over to Tahj, I dapped him up before asking him to close up the shop.

He nodded and turned back to finish closing.

Walking over to the front door, I held it open for Natalie so we could make our way to the car.

"I guess you could just follow me," I shrugged as I pulled out the keys to my Range.

"Okay," she mumbled before pointing across the parking lot. "That's my blue Nissan over there."

I nodded, and then hit the keyless entry to my car. I watched her walk across the parking lot and get into her car, then I followed suit.

--

I pulled into the garage and parked my car before turning it off. I took a deep breath and ran a hand down my face just thinking about the disaster that this could turn into. I knew that Ivy and Nami had bad blood, so I'm sure Ivy wasn't too happy to be meeting Nami's sister.

I got out the car and jogged up to the front door, I nervously tapped my foot along the concrete as I waited for Natalie walk up. She finally joined me at the door causing me to sigh and slowly unlock the door. I pushed it open and crept inside. After hanging my coat up at the door, I walked a little further into the living room.

"Ivy?" I called out.

"In here," I heard her call back, sounding like she was in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen with Natalie right behind me.

I found Ivy standing in front of the skin bouncing Amir on her hip. I walked up to them and wrapped my arms around her waist. I placed a kiss on Amir's cheek, and then kissed Ivy.

"How was your day?" I asked kissing her once more.

She shrugged before turning around completely and handing Amir to me. "It was okay. Don't try to sucker me up boy." She folded her arms across her chest before looking around me. Her eyes landed on Natalie and she shifted her weight to her left foot. "This must be Nami's sister." She mumbled.

I nodded before motioning for Natalie to come over to us. "Natalie, this is my behbey Ivy. Behbey, this is Nami's sister, Natalie."

Natalie gave Ivy a look that I couldn't quite decipher, and I could tell it made Ivy uncomfortable. I cleared my throat and looked between the both of them. My eyes finally settled on Natalie, as I lifted Amir up to her.

"Mir, this ya auntie Natalie," I chuckled lowly. He reached out to Natalie causing her to coo and whisk him out of my arms. "Looks like he already f*ck witcha."

Natalie smiled and lightly bounced Amir in her arms. Her smile suddenly faded and her eyes grew glossy.

"He looks so much like you Kellen," she sniffed. "But I can still see Nami in him too," she lightly smiled. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get so emotional." She cleared her throat while using the back of her hand to dry her eyes.

I nodded my head in understanding. "It's cool. I understand." I mumbled. "But you know you can come back and visit him at any time."

She smiled. "Thank you. I'd really like that."

"Do you have somewhere to stay?" I could see Ivy cutting her eyes at me, but I simply ignored her. The girl looked barely over 18 so it was only right that I made sure she was okay.

"Yes, I'm staying with a friend down here." She replied. "It's getting late so I should go ahead and go. Is it okay if I come over tomorrow say around 3?" she asked looking at Ivy.

I looked over at Ivy myself to only finding her staring back at me. I nervously rubbed the back of my neck.

"Uh sure that's fine. Ivy? That's cool right?" I let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah, that's fine Kellen." She walked over toward me and we began walking Natalie to the door. I grabbed Amir from her arms and handed him to Ivy.

"I guess I'll see you all tomorrow. Goodnight Kellen," she made eye contact with Ivy and smirked. "Goodnight Ivy."

Ivy gave her a short smile and waved. "Goodnight Natalie."

I watched her to the car before closing the door behind me and locking it.

"What was that?" I asked making my way upstairs to Amir's room. Ivy followed behind me, and I could just feel the attitude radiating off of her.

"I don't trust her." She spat.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "I don't really trust her either, but she's Amir's aunt, and she's practically a child. What harm could she be?" We made it up to Amir's room and I stood in the doorframe watching as Ivy put him to bed. "I'll be here with you tomorrow when she comes by, okay?"

"Okay," she sighed. She bent down to give Amir a kiss before walking out of his room. I placed a kiss on his forehead, and followed behind Ivy. I made sure to turn off Amir's room light, turn on the nightlight, and close the door.

---

Ivy

I knocked twice on Caya's door and waited for her to open it. I bounced Amir up and down in my arms, growing impatient. Finally, Caya opened the door and stepped to the side to let us in.

"Hey mama, what's got you all antsy?" she asked scrunching up her nose.

I swiftly walked down the hall toward Cj and Kali playroom. I opened the door and placed Amir in his playpen. I walked back out, leaving the door open and joined Caya in the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of wine out of the fridge, before grabbing a wine glass out of the dish rack. I poured myself a glass, and hopped into the barstool.

"Nami has a sister." I blurted out. Caya's facial expression remained unchanged. "Did you hear me?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

She nodded. "Uh yes I heard you, but why should I care about Nami having a sister?"

"Because she knows!" I yelled. "She knows Caya, she f*cking knows!" I downed all of the contents in my glass before sitting it back on the table. "I could tell by the way she was looking at me she knew something Caya. Now she's talking about wanting to form a relationship with Amir, and I just know she's going to tell Kellen!"

Caya shook her head. "Calm down Ivy. No one is going to tell Kellen anything, no one knows anything." She lowered her voice. "And Tahj is here so keep it down. There is no evidence that leads back to us, so we are good."

I shook my head defiantly. "No! I have to tell him Caya. I have to tell him before she does." I felt myself start crying. I knew there was a huge chance of Kellen leaving me once he found out what we did. But, he be even more upset if he found out from someone else. I felt myself coming apart as my body shook with my cries. I wanted so badly to have this perfect relationship with Kellen, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it all came tumbling down.

"Ivy!" Caya screamed while shaking my body furiously. "Get your shit together. Nami's little bitch ass sister is going to keep her mouth closed, and no one is going to ever find out about this." She said through gritted teeth. She walked over to the island and grabbed a paper towel. She came back over in front of me and started drying my face. "Pull yourself together and keep your mouth shut. You love Kellen right?" I nodded. "Are you really willing to throw all that away because you're being paranoid? No one saw us that night Ivy," she hissed. "No one!"

I felt completely torn. I knew for a fact that Natalie suspected something from the looks she was giving me last night. But, on the other hand I didn't want to go blabbing to Kellen if she really didn't know anything. I wanted him to trust me fully, and the guilt was eating me alive. I just wasn't quite sure if I was truly willing to throw my life away.

I sighed and wiped underneath my eyes.

"You good?" Caya asked while pouring me up another glass of wine.

I nodded and downed the glass in one gulp. "We're good." I replied, giving her my best game face.

Should Ivy tell Kellen what really happened to Nami?

Do you guys think Natalie knows something ?

Is Caya wrong for telling Ivy to lie to Kellen?

Who do you want to see a POV from next?

Thanks for your continued support. I love you guys!!

xoxo,

Nalani Rose  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 1.6K 22
Request status: Open -2,000 to 6,000 words hopefully -Anything is fine by me, just let me know if you want anything specific -I hope it is to your l...
578K 26.7K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒈...
Ice Cold By m

General Fiction

2.2M 83.2K 49
[boyxboy] Wren Ridley is always two steps ahead of everyone, or so he thinks. His life seems out of his control when he starts having feelings for so...
438K 15.9K 192
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...