Poems

By thefairytalelover

Mostly poems and musings of my overactive imagination. I hope you find something here that you can love and r... More

Beautiful Enough.
Life As It Is.
Friendship Oath.
Smiles and Happiness.
Anorexia.
Retarded Awful Photo.
My Heart In Your Hands.
If I could, I would.
Silence.
Coward.
Can You?
Beautiful Eyes.
Summerful.
Sanity.
At The Edge.
Reflection.
Identity.
Strangers.
Lost Magic.
Poorly Upgraded.
Kaleidoscope.
Weapons.
Love is Love.
A Little Red Ball.
What Ho!
Letters.
"Silver Moon."
A Little Voice.
I Believe.
Two Thousand and Seven Hundred Stars.
Experienced.
Shackles and Chains.
Diffusing.
Evil Little Pixies.
Embrace It.
Tick Tock.
Thin-Skinned.
Camwhore.
Worthwhile.
Memories.
Imagination.
Letting Go.
Shadows Of My Dreams.
Annalisa.
Perfect Perception.
Weighing Scales.
Living A Lie.
Classifications.
Broken Dolls.
A Witch Herself.
Copycat.
The Girl Who Loved.
Doodles and Meadows.
Self-Righteous.
No Strings Attached.
Blood Red Lips.
Peter Pan.
Seventeen Years.
Sixth Sense.
Too Much.
Siren's Call.
Cinderella.
Where Were You?
Remember.
Text Messages.
Thick Skin.
Mirror.
Sea Boy (Part One)
Sea Boy (Part Three)
Mermaid
Metamorphosis.
Words.
Breaking Mountains.
Human.
Never Grow Up.
Melancholy.
Entangled into Oblivion
Mere Facade.
Rabbit Hole
Our Scribe.
Calm Before Storm.
Tightrope.
A Fairly Desperate Poem.
Trees.
Special, Spectacular Things.
I Am All.
Colors.
A Tone, A Tune, A Song.
Stitches.
Fear.
Theatrical Act.
Time Bomb.
Luxury
Remember.
Glorious Fascination.
Dispensable.
Numbed.
Elephant in the Room.
Collateral Damage.

Sea Boy (Part Two)

116 0 0
By thefairytalelover

And.... this is part two! I had initially planned to end this with two parts BUT well, I think there might be one more coming up. Whoohoo~ So enjoy!

  It was strange. We sat waist-deep in the water, the ocean forming this endless blanket around us. The towel was still wrapped around my shoulders even though it was already half-drenched. If given the choice, I would want to sleep underwater. How wonderful it would feel to be enveloped by the warmth of something so ancient, so long-lasting. No matter what happens, the sea will always exist.

  Eric sat close beside, close enough to feel his warmth. I had this nagging feeling that he was linked to the sea somehow, but I couldn’t wrap my head around it. It was already hurting from remembering things I didn’t want to remember.

  He listened to my story patiently and emotionlessly. Even as I recounted the time when he smashed my head against fan so hard that I could see blood drip down the stationary blades. The moonlight cast a silvery glow to his features, outlining his sharp cheekbones and his nose. He didn’t seem human.

  When I was done, I kept my eyes on my hands, barely visible. The water shifted and swayed, blurring the definite outlines of my fingers. I remember not being able to meet anyone’s eyes after that day, how everyone suddenly went over to my side. No one believed me at first. Only Stella did, trying to tell my parents but they didn’t believe me.

Edmund was perfect; he would never harm an insect. Don’t make up stories just because you got bored of him. It wasn’t until I pulled them to the fan and showed them the deep gash in my head did they realize.

  I was so lost in my memories that I didn’t realize that Eric had reached forward to brush the hair off my forehead. I flinched back, startled.

  “Sorry,” He said quietly. “But can I take a look?”

  Logic would tell me to back away. I was marooned on an island and I had lost track of time. I knew this guy for, what, two hours? I should be running away.

  But I knew there was nothing to fear.

  I nodded.

  Carefully, he leaned forward and I felt his thumb against the rough skin of the scar. I was suddenly very aware that he had one hand cupped against my chin, his fingers framing my chin. His eyes were so close, and they were black now, just like how the ocean looked at night.

  “Did it hurt?” He asked.

  I couldn’t look away. His eyes were so intense, as if he was trying to reach into my mind.

  “It did. But it’s okay now,” I whispered.

  “But you have this scar as a reminder for the rest of your life.”

  We were so close. I could have kissed him now if I had wanted to.

  “At first, it bothered me. But after awhile, I stopped thinking about it. I want to remember, to know never to make such mistakes ever again,” I said, trying to put conviction into my voice but tears welled up in my eyes again.

  Damn.

  “Do you believe in gods, Katherine?” He asked me, his voice cautious now.

  “God?”

  “No, gods. Greek gods, mythology,” He looked almost afraid.

  “I read up about them,” I said, remembering the piles of books I dragged home after the counselor said I had to find something to live for again.

  “Did you read about Poseidon?” He asked me.

  Poseidon, god of the sea, earthshaker, maker of horses.

  “He was the father of the first Pegasus?” I asked.

  Eric rolled his eyes.

  “That’s the first thing you think of? Seriously?” He shook his head in disbelief.

  Carefully, he let go of me, and I felt the waves crashing in.

  “I thought that was cool. I mean sure, it was with Medusa—“

  “Let’s not go there,” Eric looked a little nervous. “So, do you believe in things like that?”

  I stared at him.

  “You can’t be serious,” I backed away from him, feeling the sand give way under my palms.

  “I have no idea what you’re thinking,” He said calmly, but I could see panic in his eyes. “But you have nothing to fear.”

  As he spoke, I felt the waters calm down.

  Oh my goodness.

  “You said your dad built you that house?” I squeaked.

  “Katherine,” Eric looked sad, as if he had seen all of this before.

  I clamped my mouth and tried to calm my racing heartbeat. Strangely enough, I wasn’t afraid of him. I believed him.

  I was just a little overwhelmed.

  “Yes, okay,” I could feel the waters receding, as if it reflected his mood.

  Eric looked at me, and then he pushed himself abruptly, shaking the sand out of his pants.

  “You should probably get back,” He said emotionlessly. “It’s getting late.”

  I looked up at him.

  “Do you live alone?” I asked.

  The question seemed to take him by surprise.

  “No, my mother stays with me. She sells seashells and ornaments by the side of the island,” He gestured somewhere too dark for me to make out.

  “Then Poseidon…”

  “He visits. I’m alright with that, actually,” He ran his hand through his hair, ruffling up the back. “So long as I get to stay near the sea.”

  I got up unsteadily and he grasped my arm to keep me from falling.

  “What made you tell this to me?” I asked curiously. “Isn’t it dangerous?”

  Eric looked amused.

  “I’m the son of the sea god. There is nothing I can’t really handle.”

  “Oh, so someone’s cocky now,” I shook my head at him. “And how many of your friends know of your unique parentage?”

  Eric’s face fell.

  “This isn’t the kind of thing I would share with some guy who plays volleyball as a past time,” He said.

  I looked into his eyes, seeing some kind of loneliness in there. It must be difficult, to be unable to show your true self to anyone. It’s sad that even if you do, no one would believe you.

  I blinked when I felt him bump his shoulder against me, nearly knocking me off balance.

  “What are you thinking about?”

  “I’m pretty impressed with myself for taking it all quite well. I mean, I just met the son of a sea god. No biggie.”

  “Please. How did you think I reacted when my dad formed himself out of the foam of sea waves when I was six as some birthday present?” He shook his head.

  “Wasn’t Aphrodite formed that way? Out of Ouranos’ entrails or something?” I asked.

  Eric stared at me.

  “You have been doing a lot of reading, haven’t you?”

  I tapped my forehead.

  “Coping with my life,” I tried to say it lightly but I was feeling so many emotions now. I sounded like I was about to fall apart.

  Again, he took my hand.

  “Come on, let me bring you to my favourite place,” He told me.

  “You’re not going to take advantage of me or something, right?” I tried to joke.

  “Do I look the kind?” The side of his mouth twitched up in a smile.

  I looked at him, his kind eyes and smiles.

  “No.”

  It was a cave. I didn’t notice it until this black hole was just right in front of my face. It reached up only to my shoulders and it was tiny.

  “Come on, let’s go,” He pulled me forward and bent down.

  “Eric, I can’t see anything. I’m sure you have some infrared vision but it’s completely dark down there,” I was not going to walk in blind or something.

  He turned up to look at me.

  “Just feel the water. It’ll guide you. And no, not really. I can’t really see anything unless it’s underwater,” He shrugged. “Usually I swim, but you can’t really breathe underwater so…”

  “Ah, naturally. How inconsiderate of me,” I crouched down, staring into nothingness. “I’m not sure I can do this, Eric.”

  “With me, you really have nothing to fear. Come on,” He tugged me again and started moving forward.

  Gosh, Stella was going to kill me.

  I sighed and shuffled forward.

  We crawled for a long time. It could be fifteen minutes, it could have been an hour. Eric was right though; I could feel the currents leading me, guiding me. I held onto his ankle when the roof got too low, because it was too frightening to be alone. I was afraid that the tide might rise and the whole cave would go underwater. Eric will probably not even notice the difference but I might die.

  “Alright Katherine, there is a bit of a dip here. Be careful,” He called back.

  I placed my hand forwards carefully, inching forwards. Then suddenly, the rock seemed too smooth and my hand slipped down and I screamed as my elbow connected with the invisible sharp edged rock

  Granted, I overreacted. But it really hurt.

  “Shit, are you alright?” I could hear him splashing in front and for a moment, I was frightened because I was no longer holding onto him.

  “Yes, yes. Are we reaching soon?” I tried to ignore the throbbing sensation.

  “Yep. Just about…” I heard a louder splash. “Here.”

  I spotted a dim light ahead and suddenly, I felt him lifting me down. I stumbled, bleary-eyed and glanced back at the hole that was actually nine feet up in the air.

  “Why didn’t you fall?” I demanded.

  Eric tapped his temple.

  “I know things,” He smirked and steered me around.

  “Oh wow,” I breathed.

  It was like a room. The walls were smoothly cut, made out of marble and stone merged in some crazy concoction. There was water, up to my waist, but it didn’t feel like it was rising. The ground was sandy. But the most amazing part was that the room was glowing. It was like those tiny little microorganisms that emit a silvery, blue-ish glow, just that I couldn’t see them. It would be weird if I did, anyway.

  “You like it?” He smiled.

  “How did this appear?” I asked, wading forward.

  “I have no idea, actually. I just found this one day. Pretty cool, right?” He sounded very pleased with himself.

  Well, he should be. This was wonderful.

  Suddenly, I felt him touch my arm.

  “Was this from just now?” He asked softly.

  He lifted my arm and I saw a shallow scrape at my elbow, tiny spots of blood seeping out.

  “Yeah well, I was careless,” I shrugged.

  Eric shook his head. His eyes were silver now. They seemed to reflect the colours of the sea in all its emotions.

  “Let me show you some perks of being the son of Poseidon,” He knelt down.

  I crouched with him, wincing at the dampness of my clothes. They were completely ruined now.

  “Here,” He dipped my elbow into the water and I hissed.

  Salt water stung.

  The stinging didn’t last long though. It numbed after awhile, and then I saw the scrape vanish.

  “How did you do that?” I asked.

  All of this felt like some dream. I hoped it wasn’t, because I was happy.

  “Water heals,” He said simply, grinning.

  Then, his smile softened and he touched my forehead again.

  “And I can make this disappear too,” He cupped my face with his hands.

  I felt my heartbeat quickened. I was suddenly very aware that we were alone, really alone. No one was going to walk in on us or something. I should be afraid, but I wasn’t. He made me feel safe, and I haven’t felt safe in a long while, not since Edmund. I never felt safe even after we broke it off. I would catch glimpses of him sometimes, watching me.

  But here, even though this whole cave might collapse any moment, and I might drown, I felt safe. I could feel the power in his veins.

  “We have known each other for what, three hours?” I was trying to be rational.

  “Felt like more than that,” He smiled, and I could see sun crinkles in his eyes.

  I felt one hand slip around my waist and I touched his face.

  “Tell me, can sons of Poseidon bend time too?” I asked.

  He considered that for a moment.

  “Nah, there is a titan for that.”

  I frowned. I haven’t read that yet.

  “What are titans—“

  And then he kissed me.

  He tasted like saltwater, and it wasn’t unpleasant actually. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 204 136
These are just small letters/poems to voice out my thoughts :)
4K 571 200
I'm not too sure as to what this is, but I often get bored and lost in my thoughts, so why not write them out? As I wrote I created poetic sentences...
205 1 54
A collection of poems I have written throughout my life. Hope you enjoy them.
124 1 40
poetry collection about struggling, learning, loving and understanding.