Just Friends

By trisxstyles

[I wrote this when I was 13 I'm so sorry] "I'd rather watch him love somebody else, cry every night, and tak... More

Welcome To Just Friends!
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six -- FINALE!
EPILOGUE

Chapter Seven

407 15 1
By trisxstyles

"We were just friends, who spoke like lovers.

And that was enough for two teenagers who were afraid to fall for each other."

-k.a.t

• • • • •

Aleanna's POV

Months passed and we're getting closer and closer to graduation. Honestly, I don't want this year to finish yet. I don't want to graduate. High school life is awesome. And it's because Harry's there to make it so.

And here we are, a week before prom.

I was walking to English class, ALONE because I din't kniw where in the world my best friend is.

"Where the fuck is Harry ?" I practically growled in annoyance. "Fuck, I hate going to class all by myself."

I entered the room and lots of people were in their own group, their own clique, and it was pretty loud. What do you expect when theres no teacher around. I walked in awkwardly and went over to my seat. I sat down and placed my bag on my lap and got out my phone and earphones. I wanted to mute the rest of the world and just get drowned by the music.

I played this song called In The Morning by Keaton Henson. I tapped my fingers on my bag that sat on my lap as I take a little stroll inside my own world.

Then a very familiar curly haired boy walked into class with a certain blonde beauty in his arms. So much for having a little me time.

He walked into class with Lucy! He could've told me so that I didn't have to wait in the hall for nothing. I don't know why, but this seems eerily familiar.

I pretended not to see them and just try to relax myself. There's been too much stress and I need some time to just chill.

Someone tapped my shoulder and I knew who it was. I just ignored him and his aaproach to talk to me. I don't want to hear whatever he has to say. Quite ironic how just a few minutes ago I was annoyed at how Harry left me to go to class alone and now that's all I want to be, alone.

-

Lunch time.

I let him eat with me because I thought he would want this chance to apologize for leaving me because if he took this chance I will really forgive him since I've decided he deserves the chance to be able to explain.

We sat there, just the two of us but, we spoke nothing. I was waiting for him to talk and all he did was type on his phone so fast, just as fast as every bullet shot through my heart with every letter he types. He seemed pretty preoccupied and it bothers me that I knew why. Lucy. But then, he placed his phone on the table and said, "Uh, I just have to go real quick. Will that be okay?" My face was blank and I just gavea nod and looked the other way. "I'll just be gone for 5 minutes." He went to kiss me forehead but I moved my head away. "Uh.."

"Just go. I'm good." I was already making it pretty obvious that I'm mad. I thought he would stay like he always would when he knew I was mad or if he knew that something was off. But, he didn't.

I know it sounds pretty selfish of me to be mad at Harry just for spending time with Lucy but, that wasn't why I was mad. Well, it was part of the reason why but, it was mainly because he didn't even notify me. He could've told me that he wasn't going to be able todrive me to school today, I could have been able to catch the bus. He could've told me he was not going to be able to wak with me to class today, I would understand if he said they'll just meet me there. I was mad because he knew how much I hate having to change plans and feeling like I was being left behind. But, I guess I thought wrong.

It was almost the end of lunch and I've been waiting for him to come back. It's beem more than 5 minutes.

I was growing impatient. I looked at the time and there's only 10 minutes left before classes begin again. I sighed and made my way to class. He ditched me. He left me there and I am so fucking pissed at Harry. He onky did this to me once, when he was still couting Marina amd promised to never do it again. I cried that day. I thoughtvI had lost him. He knew I get anxious when leaves my side. Specially when in crowded places. I just don't want to lose himcor worse, get lost and not be able to find him. I've had that fear ever since my dad left us. I'm scared that I'll keep losing people.

So, I walked into class and sat down waiting for everyone else to come in and the teacher to start talking. As I waited, I started to cool down and think of other things. Things that are more, important.

But, Harry entering the room with Lucy, again doesn't really help.

Harry sat beside me and Lucy sat beside him. They talked and laughed and-oh fuck this. I groaned. Harry noticed and he tapped me on the shoulder. I sighed and rolled my eyes and I pulled the earphones out. I turned to him and practically growled at him, "What?" "Whoah, what's the problem?" Harry questioned. I snorted and just shook my head."

"Come on, Aly. Just tell me, what's going on? You've been cranky. Did the red flag decide to pay a visit?" He chuckled. I walked out of class not even bothering to answer his stupid question. But, of course he follows me out. He grabbed my arm and I pulled it away from his grasp. "Are you high or something? Are you drunk? Or did I just magically disappeared from your head? Did you forget that you have a best friend? Or were you two too busy texting each other that you forgot I even exist?" I spat the words with hurt and sadness.

"Aly.. let me explain." his voice, sweet and soft. But Aleanna, you have to learn to resist him. You can't just give in that easily everytime.

I just rolled my eyes and walked away. He caught up with me and stopped me from walking away any further. "Please let me explain!" he pleaded. His tall frame towering over me.

"Go." I said coldly. "I went to ask Lucy if she wanted to be my date to the prom." he said normally. My heart fell. "She.. uhm.." his face frowned. "Spill it. Or i'm going to leave." looking him staight in the eyes. "She said YES. " my heart rolled out and got hit by a truck. He smiled widely. "Congratulations, then. Good-bye, Harry." What kind of fucking shit was that? That wasn't a reason to just leave your best friend all alone.

I started to walk away I couldn't handle the tears. I know he likes Lucy. He has a thing for her. The way he smiled. I know him. He likes her. It's hard to accept. I just had to get away and lock myself in my room again.

Harry, with his long arm, had caught my wrist. He turned me around. "Wha-What? Where are you going?" he looked at me confusely. "Home." I stuttered. "No you're not. You're not sick" he looked at me straight in the eyes. "I can escape. None of your business anyway. Just go back to Lucy."

He lets go of my wrist and decided to walk with me. "What are you doing? Go back to class. You and Lucy probably have plans."

The next thing that he did made me jump a bit. Harry was carrying me bridal style. We got out of school and walked over to his car. He placed me on the passenger seat and he was about to put my seat belt on but, I swat his hands away. "I can do it." I said as I took the seat belt.

He jogged to the other side and got in. The drive was pretty silent. He parked the car and we both got out of the car. I hated this. I knew that I'm going to give in soon.

I sat down on the ground near the water and so did he. I sighed. "Aly, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry I left you. I knew I made a promise, just please Aly, forgive me."

It wasn't that anymore. I'm more sad than angry right now. "I thought we were going to prom together." and I immediately regretted saying that out loud. "Fuck, I'm so stupid."

"You're not stupid Aly! I am! I'm sorry. I just...never mind. I can tell Lucy. I know she'll understand." he pulled his phone out. "No, stop. It's fine." I said.

"Aly, I'm really sorry." he said. I could hear sencerity in his voice. I looked up at him and he was looking down at me. He kissed my forehead. "I'm so sorry." he looked straight in my eyes and I couldn't help it. The tears started falling down. He immediately grabbed me and hug me tightly. "Shh, please stop crying. I'm very sorry. I'm sorry, please. I love you, Aly. Please stop crying."

"Don't you ever fucking leave me and treat me like that again, I swear I will fucking give up. I'm so close to giving up, Harry. So...close." I cried harder. He kept placing kisses on my head and it calmed me down. He knew how to get around with me.

When I finally stopped myself from crying, we just both sat there staring at the lake. I had my head on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around me. He pulled away and looked at me. We just stared at each other for a few seconds and he slowly started to lean in.

I could not fathom what was happening right now as we both moved closer to each other, faces inches apart. Is this really happening? My question was answered when his lips met mine and my mind was filled with fireworks and it felt like I was on cloud nine.

Our lips were moving in sync and his breath tastes like mint. His hand was on my waist and mine rests on his neck. The longer the kiss was, the more heated it got. He bit my lip and I grant his tongue entrance. We kept our rhythm and soon, I knew I had to pull away so I did.

It was pretty long but it felt like it lasted just two seconds. He had a smirk playing on his lips and I hid my face in my hands because I probably look like a tomato right now. He chuckled at my reaction and he just grabbed me and hugged me and we stayed like that for a while.

When we got home, we both just sat on my bed and spent the night watching The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and didn't talk about what happened back in the lake. While we were watching, I got a call. It was Liam. "Hello?" I answered. "Al, hey. It's Liam." he spoke. "Uh, hi Liam. What's up?" Harry's head turned my way. "Uh, I just wanted to ask if you got the box I sent you."

"What box? Oh, wait I just saw it. Hang on." I let Harry grab the box and I sat down beside him. He opened it and inside was a single blue rose with a note attached to it that says, I'll let you wear your sneakers, your pyjamas, or even a bikini. I doesn't matter. I know I'll have a great time with you. Go to prom with me? :)

I looked at Harry and he was just staring at the note. I nudged him and he looked at me. "Is it okay if I go?" I mouthed. He nods and excuses himself to go to the loo. "Yeah, of course I'll go with you. Thank you so much for the rose. Looks cool." "Alright, then. See you there, love." and I hung up.

I have a feeling Harry didn't like this idea.

• • • • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 180 5
"Nothing makes you hurt like hurting who you love" Love shouldn't hurt, loving somebody with everything you have shouldn't make you feel like you're...
138K 3.8K 19
Falling for his best friend was possibly the worst thing that could ever happen to Louis. Especially when they made a promise not to do so, but Louis...
77 1 8
What happens when 2 teenage heartthrobs from ONE DIRECTION & SPRING SIMMERS finds out they have feelings for each other? Will they be the same forev...
534 56 17
things don't always go the way you planned