Sweeter Than Strawberry Cake...

Por SkyeLeAwesome

It's an average highschool life for Erza and Jellal. They've secretly been crushing on each other and when Je... Más

Chapter 1 - Erza
Chapter 2 - The Party
Chapter 3 - The Date
Chapter 4 - Zeref
Chapter 5 - Girl's Night
Chapter 6 - Shopping and a Fight
Chapter 7 - Second Date
Chapter 8 - Football Game
Chapter 9 - The Plan
Chapter 10 - A Fun Day Out
Chapter 11 - The Fair
Chapter 12 - One chance or we're screwed
Chapter 14 - Merry Christmas!
Chapter 15 - Let's hear it for New Year!
Chapter 16 - Oh hell no!
Chapter 17 - Two new friends
Chapter 18 - Sabertooth
Chapter 19 - Unexpected class party
Chapter 20 - Date with Sting
Chapter 21 - Autumn Ball!
Chapter 22 - Sabers take their leave
Chapter 23 - It's destiny at the Amusement Park
Chapter 24 - Our path
Epilogue
Sequel?
Sequel

Chapter 13 - The Advantages of Being Sick

968 38 19
Por SkyeLeAwesome

Erza's POV

It was over. The torture that Jellal had to endure was over. No more Zeref. No more killing. No more gangs. Jellal could now be free and I didn't have to worry for him because I knew how hard it was for him. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth as I walked to my first period class, until I realised I was getting the results of the maths test back. I sat down in usual seat by the window, since none of my close friends are in the class with me, and waited for the bell.

Ding, Ding, Ding! More students poured in and finally the teacher came. Fortunately, it was Makarov and he wasn't too strict.

"Alright class, settle down" he called and stood on his table at the front.

Everyone quickly shut up, knowing that if you don't, Makarov will make you.

"Now, I'm going to give back the tests that we did on Friday. If you didn't pass, I would like to see you after class" Makarov said.

He jumped off the table and walked around the class room, giving out the maths test. When he finally got to my table, he dumped my test on it with and unimpressed look. I sighed. What can I say? I'm not the best at maths.

"Not as good as I expected, Erza" Makarov said before walking to the next table.

With a frown, I looked down at my test.

20%??!!

What?! How did I get that? If it was 40%, I would understand but 20%? Great, I can't believe I didn't pass maths, again. I put my test aside and do the questions that are written on the board. The questions are pretty easy and I get through them pretty quick.

Minutes later, the bell rang and students ran out the doors to their next period. I slowly got my books and waited for Makarov. After he finished talking to two other students who failed, I walked up to his desk. He sat on his chair behind the desk and clasped his hands together.

"Now Erza, it seems this was your worst test but I have seen you do well on this subject in class. What's wrong?" Makarov asked concerned.

"Nothing. I just... had a really busy and stressful week last week" I told him, which was most of the truth.

Makarov nodded. "Well, I hope this week will be better. Since I know you did well on that subject, I won't make you do the test again... but I want you to try your hardest on the next test, okay?" he smiled in a friendly way, which I always liked about him.

"Of course, Gramps" I said.

'Gramps' was what everyone called Makarov, since he was short and looked like a grandpa. He nodded at me and I said good bye before walking out the door. I rushed to my next class, science and sat down next to Jellal. The teacher started giving out the assignments that we have to do.

"You okay?" Jellal asked, having sensed my down mood.

"Yeah, just did really bad on my maths test" I replied and pretended I was listening to the teacher so I wouldn't get told off.

We were then put into pairs for the science assignment which was on the body systems. Jellal and I, who were partners, chose to do a story about the digestive system.

"-Then we could say how it goes down the oesophagus and into the stomach" I was saying my idea for the assignment.

I was doing hand gestures like people do when they are explaining things. When I looked at Jellal, I noticed he wasn't really paying attention.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I'm just feeling sick. Is it alright if I go to sickbay?" he replied.

"Of course. I'll come with you."

I put my hand up and asked the teacher if I could take Jellal to sickbay. He said yes and then we got our books and walked out of the classroom. The sickbay was a small room next to the school office and the nurse was Ophiuchus, a blonde haired lady who was creepy most of the time and really enjoyed sticking big syringes in people.

"Hello, what can I do for you? Do you need surgery?" she held up a massive syringe and we took a step back.

"No, I'm just feeling sick so can I go home?" Jellal asked.

"...Fine. Just sign these papers and I have to write you a note and approve your absence."

After some signing and approval, we walked down the corridor to our lockers. Jellal opened his locker and got out his bag.

"Hmmm. I'm going to come to your house with you" I decided and grabbed my bag out of my locker.

"You're going to ditch?" Jellal asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, but I like to call it 'keeping you company', not ditching. I'm too much of a good girl" I joked.

We walked from the school to Jellal's house which wasn't too far away. He lived by himself in a medium sized house. It was quiet in the neighbourhood since most people were at school. Jellal opened the door and walked in.

"Want a snack?" he asked me.

"Sure" I replied.

He went to the cupboard and got some chips.

"I don't think that's what you are meant to eat when you're sick" I said and tried to take the junk food away from him.

Jellal glared at me but put the chips back nevertheless. Minutes later, I had two bowls of chicken soup for us. We went upstairs to his room and dumped our bags in a corner. Jellal crawled into bed and closed his eyes.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked as I sat down on a wheelie chair in front of his desk.

"Come sit next to me" he motioned for me to come.

I got off the chair and lied down next to Jellal in bed. Then he turned on the TV.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked.

"I don't mind" I shrugged.

Jellal looked through some DVDs before deciding on Mean Girls, since I was pestering him about watching it last week. He passed it to me and I put it in the movie player. Jellal pressed play and we started watching. While we were watching, we moved closer and ended up cuddling together.

"Erza?" Jellal asked.

"Mm?"

"Can you get me some water? I'm really thirsty" he said.

"Later" I replied with my eyes still trained on the TV.

"But I really need water" he pleaded and gave me puppy dog eyes.

My eye twitched as I tried to say no but I couldn't. Argh! What is with puppy dog eyes? How can they have such powerful magic? With his puppy dog eyes and his perfect body, it was like he had some sort of heavenly body magic.

"Fine" I said.

I quickly jumped off the bed and ran down stairs, since I didn't want to miss the movie. Grabbing a random glass, I filled it with water and ran back up the stairs. Yes, it was dangerous, so don't do it at home. Water kept sloshing out of the glass and spilling onto the stairs but I didn't stop. I quickly got back into the comfy bed with Jellal and passed him the glass. The water was now half of what it was before.

"Thanks Erza" he said and drank one teensy tiny sip before putting it on the bedside table.

I was annoyed but didn't say anything since I didn't want to be mean to a sick boy. I finished my soup and placed it on the table. Then I continued watching Mean Girls.

It was finally the end of the movie and it was so good! I checked the clock to see that school would have finished by now. A yawn came out of my mouth and I stretched my arms. I bumped Jellal and when I looked at him, I realised he was sleeping. Oops! His chest rose softly and I could hear him breathing. My heart raced as I saw how perfect his lips were and how his blue hair fell perfectly around his face.

"Are you done staring at me while I sleep?" Jellal asked and opened one eye.

I jumped in fright. "I-I wasn't."

"Sure, sure."

"Anyway, when did you fall asleep?" I asked.

"The movie was too boring so I think I fell asleep some time during the movie and I woke up when you stretched and bumped me. I tried to fall asleep again but your staring was really creepy."

"Sorry" I apologised sheepishly.

"That's fine. As long as I get a kiss."

I started leaning in to kiss him when I pulled back. "You're sick and I don't want to catch your cold."

Jellal pouted slightly and ran a hand through his blue hair with a sigh. "The horrible disadvantages of being sick."

"At least there are advantages to being sick. Like skipping school with me and making me get you water" I grumbled the last bit.

Jellal just chuckled and hugged me. 

"You know you love me" he cooed as he snuggled his head into my neck, making it nice and warm.

I sighed and hugged him back. Then we just enjoyed each other's company in bed and in silence.

"So, have you bought people's Christmas presents yet?" Jellal asked me.

"Some of them. How about you?"

"Same. I'm probably going to go shopping tomorrow."

"Don't forget Kris Kringle" I reminded him.

"I won't."

Ring, Ring. Ring, Ring. My unoriginal ringtone went off. I checked my phone to see that it's Simon. Peeking over the top of my phone, I saw that Jellal is respecting my privacy and not looking. I tapped his arm and gesture that I'll be outside. He nodded and I stood in the hallway outside. What could Simon want? We're friends now though so it won't be bad, I'm sure. I swiped my phone and put it up to my ear.

"Hello Simon?" 

"Hey Erza" he greeted in a cheery voice.

"What's up?"

"Well, I-I was wondering if, if" he stuttered, dragging out the 'well'.

"Just spit it out" I demanded jokingly.

"Well, we're having a Christmas party at my house and I was wondering if you want to come. Most people from school, including your friends, are coming anyway and its Christmas themed so wear Christmas colours."

"Of course I want to come. Can Jellal come too?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course" he replied but I think I detected some sadness in his voice. Must've been my ears going weird.

"I'll text you the details and maybe I can come pick you up. We could also get something to eat on the way there" Simon told me and then quickly added, "as friends of course."

I knew that Simon used to be jealous of me and Jellal, and Jellal used to be jealous of me and Simon. This isn't Simon making a move on me, right? I mean, I'm sure I can trust him now as a friend. Hopefully Jellal won't get jealous.

"Sure" I said, keeping it simple.

"Okay, bye Erza."

"Bye Simon." I hung up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey people! Guess what? I had the EPIC-EST mini-ball party for my birthday (which is like mini paint-ball)! It hurt a lot but was so much fun! Anyway, please vote and comment!!! Thanks for reading!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

46.8K 1.1K 18
𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨, 𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙮𝙪...
53.6K 570 23
Sarada and boruto have always been close. Boruto may not admit it but he's always had feelings for Sadura. Sarada always wanted to become the first...
1.1M 36.5K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
45.8K 896 20
It's Valentine's Day In Troll Village! Everyone Is Going To Celebrate Valentine's Day With Hugs And Love. But Some Trolls Are Going Through Some Stru...