When The Smoke Is In Your Eye...

By thighhighlarry

'I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your neck' https://www.instagram.com/thighhighlarry/ Copyright 2... More

0.00
0.01
0.02
0.03
0.04
0.05
0.06
0.07
0.08
0.09
0.10
0.11
0.12
0.13
0.14
0.15
0.16
0.17
0.18
0.19
0.20
0.21
0.22
0.23
0.24
0.25
0.26
0.27
0.28
0.29
0.30
0.31
0.32
0.33
0.34
0.35
0.36
0.37
0.38
0.39
0.40
0.41
0.42
0.43
0.44
0.45
0.46
0.47
0.48
0.49
0.50
0.51
0.52
0.53
0.54
Epilogue

Epilogue II

122K 2.8K 19.2K
By thighhighlarry

The proposal took place in the summer.

In the year and a half that had passed the couple had moved out of their flat in Leeds to a house down in North London, a two hour trip from their parents but they liked London. The house was relatively big, three bedrooms that Louis liked to say would be useful for any future plans they were going to make. Also in that year and a half the wedding date was set for December 11th and everything was ready.

Guests had been invited, playlists sorted, catering done, outfits perfected down to the very last detail. Every possible thing that could've been thought of, had been, and was most likely in perfect place.

Louis was nervous, nervous for everything.

His wedding, his and Harry's big day, was in under 24 hours and if anything was to go wrong he'd possibly and most definitely cry. Combining two of his favourite celebrations, weddings and Christmas the couple had come up with a theme and design for the perfect Christmas wedding. Set to take place only 13 days before Louis' 25th birthday.

Most of the planning had been done by Louis, Harry helped with ideas and designs for certain things but he knew how much it meant to Louis, so he let the younger boy take control of it all. Louis came up with the ideas, designs and all the planning, wrote down what he wanted and Harry paid for it. It seemed to work well enough for the both of them.

It was going to be a relatively small ceremony, as small as it could get with Louis' extensive family and Harry's slightly smaller one. The only people who weren't family who were attending the ceremony were the three groomsmen, Liam, Zayn and Niall, and Lex who was the maid of honour.

As instructed by their mothers, and mostly all the other women who thought they had a say in the wedding, Harry and Louis spent the night of the tenth, apart from each other. Louis staying in their London home with Gemma, Lottie and Lex while Harry went over to Zayn and Nialls flat to spend the night with them before the ceremony the next morning.

The morning of the 11th bought down a light dusting of snow across the garden of their house. Which of course made Louis more nervous than excited. He wanted everything to go smoothly and as pretty as snow may be, if it got any heavier it might cause certain problems as to the transport and getting to and from the venue.

Both the ceremony and reception were set to take place at Hatfield House, the childhood home of Queen Elizabeth I, and seeing as there was a long drive into the actual building Louis was hoping the snow would not come again.

"You need to relax Lou." Lex said gently, coming out of the kitchen and handing him a glass of champagne, despite it being only 11am.

"I can't, this is meant to be the best day of my life." He shook his head, a pout forming on his lips before he took a sip of the champagne and looked up at the clock.

Movement behind him made him turn around to see Lottie, followed by Gemma, coming down the stairs into the living room.

"Just got a message from mum, her, Anne and Lou will be here in the next ten minutes with our dresses and your suit." She told her older brother, taking a seat on the other side of the sofa.

Their living room was designed so the stairs from upstairs came down into it, leading to a large grey sofa that covered one entire wall.

"I called Niall to ask him how H was and apparently he's not even up yet, still fast asleep in bed." Gemma told her soon to be brother- in-law, laughing as she watched some of the colour drain from his face.

"I hate him, so much, if he's late I'm going to personally castrate him." Louis said with all the anger he could muster, it was hard to be angry when he knew Harry probably looked adorable right now.

Sleeping soundly in his bed, most likely naked because he still hated sleeping any other way, his hair all spread out across the pillow and little snores and snuffles coming from him.

"Oh yeah, as if, you're doing the Harry face even as you're saying that." Lex laughed as she once again returned from the kitchen, this time with two extra champagne glasses for Gemma and Lottie.

The 'Harry face' was something that their friends had named about four years into their relationship. A lot of the time Louis found it very difficult to control his fondness towards Harry, resulting in him struggling to school his facial expression into anything that wasn't the worlds cheesiest grin and most obvious heart eyes. He struggled with that a lot so usually ended up biting down on his lips and just squeezing them together and looking away when Harry was being endearing, that was what was dubbed as the 'Harry face'.

Louis stuck his tongue out at her, choosing to not reply and instead pull his phone out of his sweatpants pockets. He had no notifications which he sighed a little at but instead chose to just look at his lock screen for a minute. It was an old photo of Harry, one from when they'd first gotten together but still to this day it was one of Louis' favourites and had been his lock screen ever since he could remember. He was drawn out of his thoughts of his soon to be husband when the doorbell rang.

No one in the room moved and Louis looked up at the girls, who were all just chatting as if they hadn't heard it all. Then he remembered, right, it was his house and you usually answer the door in your own house. So he got up with a sigh and made his way to the front door, opening it to reveal his mum, Anne and Lou who were all carrying the bags containing the girls dresses and one with his suit in.

"You ready to get married my darling?" Jay asked with such delight in her voice, pressing a lingering kiss to her sons cheek and bouncing past into the living room to greet the other three.

Anne and Lou both greeted him with a hug, Lou going as far as pinching his bum before laughing and going to get a glass off champagne from Gemma.

"Sorry we took a little long, Anne insisted we stop off at Nialls beforehand to see how they were all doing." Lou explained, twirling a strand of her purple hair with one hand and holding the champagne glass with the other.

"Harry is my son!" Anne protested although she was grinning, an arm round her daughters waist as they too stood.

"Is he...?" Louis let his question trail off, looking over to Anne.

"He's fine, wasn't awake when we got there. Had to wake him and remind him of what was happening today and I was sure his cheeks were going to split from how wide he smiled. No jitters on his end of the court."

Louis nodded, his cheeks a little pink from the champagne and worrying so much about Harry despite the fact that the man was 28 and was perfectly capable of looking after himself, despite his clumsiness.

"Come on, we've got a wedding to prepare for!" Lou cheered, raising her glass and calling out cheers, all the girls and Louis doing the same.

Lex was the one who had gone shopping with Louis to buy the dresses for the bridesmaids, strapless silver dresses with diamonds on the belt, so Louis had never seen all three of them dressed and ready. Lou had the girls sat down on one of the chairs, doing their hair before they'd all go upstairs to Anne and Jay and get dressed. Louis was sat on his and Harrys' bed, in all the commotion Lottie had dragged him upstairs where it was a lot quieter.

"I'm not giving you a full face of makeup Lou, but you're going to be having your photo taken left right and centre and we don't want your skin to look all oily and gross." Lottie explained, dusting a brush over his nose.

"Cheers sis, always know how to boost my confidence you do." He laughed, closing his mouth quickly when she hit him on the shoulder to get him to stay still.

"Can't let you have a big head, especially on your wedding day, it'll look terrible in the photos." She giggled and he did too, both of them jumping when they heard the click of the camera.

They both turned to the door when they saw Jay stood their, holding up a camera and snapping pictures of the scene in front of her.

"Sorry babes, continue, just your old mum collecting some memories for the day." She said smiling widely and waving her hand as if to say 'carry on'.

Lottie looked back at Louis and they both rolled their eyes at each other, Louis laughing lightly under his breath as his sister began to apply the makeup again. A few minutes later Anne popped her head round the door smiling at the siblings as she stepped into the room.

"I was just coming to say that I'm heading back over to Harry, be with my son and all, anything you want me to pass on?" Anne said with a soft smile, looking over at one of the framed pictures on the side of Louis and Harry on their first Christmas together in their old flat.

"Just tell him I love him." Louis smiled back, ignoring Lottie who was making a face at his comment.

"Think he might already know that," she laughed lightly, "will do, see you at the ceremony darling."

Anne pressed a kiss into his hair, giving Lottie a one armed hug before leaving the room.

Before long Lottie had finished with his make-up, stepping back and smiling before handing him a mirror to look at himself. He nodded in approval, before smiling gratefully at her and standing up from the bed.

"You need to go down and get Lou to do your hair." He told her, helping her pack away the stuff she'd got out to use on him.

"Yes boss." She teased, dodging out of the way for the slap he'd aimed for her stomach and laughing as she fled out of the door.

Louis rolled his eyes at his sister, following her down the stairs but at a slower speed than her run. He passed Gemma on the stairs who had her hair curled, falling down one shoulder, as she made her way up to Jay to get her dress on.

"Ah Lottie did your make-up, good good, once I'm done with her I'll do yours, actually, go up and put your suit on now and I'll come up and do your hair after." Lou said distractedly, running a brush through Lotties now pink hair.

So less than a minute after making his way downstairs, he was turning round and heading back up them.

The next half an hour or so went buy in a blur of getting dressed and having his hair done, his mum popping in at every moment she could to take photos. It was nearing 1pm when everyone was ready, the flowers had been delivered and were sat waiting for the girls on the kitchen counter. Jay herself had gotten changed and was now waiting upstairs with Louis, brushing non-existant dust off his suit and just staring at him for a moment.

"Oh baby, you look so lovely." She smiled, rushing back to the bed to retrieve her camera for another photo.

He was wearing a white button up shirt with silver trousers and a silver blazer that clung nicely to his thighs and shoulders. His tie was a pale blue and all the silver enhanced the colour of his eyes, making them look bluer than they usually did. Once Jay had taken a few more pictures she linked arms with her son and the two began to make their way down the stairs, being met at the bottom with the three girls standing in a line in their dresses.

"You all look so lovely girls, I think I might cry." Louis said, a slight crack in his voice as he looked at three of them.

When Louis looked closer he noticed each of them were wearing a little necklace with a snowflake charm and another charm with the first letter of their name.

"You look pretty dashing yourself Tomlinson, or Styles should I say." Lex said with a wink.

"Not just yet, he's still a Tomlinson for now." Lottie grinned, nudging Lex with her hip and sticking her tongue out.

"Okay, flowers!" Jay said loudly, bringing in three bouquets and handing them out to the girls before moving over to Louis and sticking a little blue flower in his button hole.

The bouquets were made up of white and pale blue flowers, an assortment of clear gems wound and displayed throughout the mixture of flowers. The pale blue of the flowers complimented the dresses nicely and Louis decided then and there he'd made a good decision with that.

What followed next was a series of pictures, first of all the three girls standing with their arms linked and smiling. Then another with Louis in the middle, another of Jay and Louis and then a few more with each girl alternating to have a picture with him.

"Your car's here." Lou said from where she was stood at the window packing up her things, she would be attending the reception that was to take place around 2:30.

"Have we got everything? Bouquets, flowers for the boys, phones? Is everyone ready?" Jay blurted out, obviously frantic due to the tone of her voice while Louis just took a seat on the sofa and waited for them.

While he waited he unlocked his phone and opened up snapchat, sending a selfie to Liam, Niall and Zayn before going to look over peoples stories. Most of them he just skipped through because honestly, he didn't care.

"Louis! You're going to wrinkle your suit sitting there," Jay scolded, pulling her son up to a standing position while Lou winked at him over the womans shoulder, "besides, we're leaving now. Come on."

He sighed, his stomach filling with butterflies as he watched the three girls file out of his house. Next was him, his mum coming last and locking the front door with Louis' key. There were two cars outside, one was a white rolls royce that was to take Louis and his mum to the venue, a black one behind it that would be following them with Lottie, Gemma and Lex inside. Louis watched the girls get into the car, each of them waving at him as his mum spoke to the driver. Once they'd got in the car he looked up at the sky, noticing the white-grey colour of it that always came along when it was going to snow. Any snow that had fallen that morning had melted and was now nowhere to be seen, if you hadn't seen it that morning you might never have known it had even fallen.

"You're nervous." Jay said softly, taking hold of his arm and leading him towards the white car.

"Definitely, I feel like I might be sick." His voice was quiet and he could feel himself paling as he climbed into the car, sending a weak smile to the driver.

"It's normal to feel nervous babe, but don't be sick, it'll be a bloody nightmare to get it out of that suit in time."

Louis laughed a little, relaxing back into the cushion of the car seat. He hated to admit it but Harry's choice of car was proving so far to be brilliant. Although he wouldn't tell Harry that because Louis had protested for days that a BMW would be nicer.

"What if he doesn't turn up?" Louis asked quietly into the silence of the car.

"I'll personally hunt him down and bring him there, besides, of course he's going to be there. He's absolutely gone for you, has been for the last however many years darling." Jay's smile reassuring, she patted Louis' knee gently.

He nodded, his hands in his lap and playing with his fingers as he spent the rest of the journey staring out of the window. Every person who they drove past he made up a little story for them to try and take his mind off of his nerves. His heart began beating five times faster when they began to make their way up the driveway to where the ceremony was to be held. No one was waiting outside, although he hadn't expected them to be seeing as the ceremony was due to start in five minutes and it was about 2 degrees outside.

The driver wished him good luck as he stepped out of the car, Louis replying with a thank you before he was joined by the three girls who all looked definitely ready to get inside where it was warm. First though, the wedding photographer came running out insisting that photos were to be taken so once again the four were put in a formation as they stood in the cold for their photos to be taken. Finally when she was finished and had dashed back inside, they were allowed in themselves.

Although they weren't led straight into the hall and instead were sent into a little room that had a door to the ceremony room, there they would wait until the cue was given for the music to start and for them to begin the ceremony. As soon as they'd entered the room Zayn and Liam came rushing in, both with wide smiles on their faces.

"You look so nice Louis!" Liam grinned, pulling the still shorter man into a hug while Louis blushed pink.

"Thanks." He said, still blushing but giving Liam a smile.

"He's so nervous Lou, thinks you're gonna run off." Zayn laughed, hugging Louis as well.

"As if, I spent months planning this." Louis giggled, Zayn rolling his eyes fondly.

"Well, we just came out to say that the minister said he's ready when you are," Liam told them, turning to the girls before saying, "you all look so lovely by the way, everything is really great."

A chorus of 'thank you's' spread around the room, going back to Liam who was smiling widely once again.

"I think we're ready, right?" Louis said, looking round the room to all the girls who were nodding.

"Great, we'll go out and tell everyone, see you in a minute." Zayn nodded before him and Liam left the room again, closing the door with a soft click before Louis could catch a glimpse outside.

The next thing Louis knew was that Gemma was opening the door to walk out down the aisle, linking arms with Liam who was on the other side of it. Butterflies erupted in Louis' stomach, looking round frantically for his mum so she could bring him some sense of calm. His hands were clasped together in front of him, shaking as he stood there watching Lottie now walk out with Zayn.

"I'm scared." He whispered to himself, hoping no one heard him.

"Louis," Lex said, taking hold of his hands and handing Jay her bouquet of flowers, "you're going to be fine love, focus on Harry. Don't look at anyone else, pretend no one else is there and that it's just you walking towards Harry down an empty corridor. You're only really here to see him anyway. It's you and Harry, nothing's better than that. "

Louis nodded and she pulled him into a hug, running her fingers through his quiff to push back any fly aways and kissing his forehead before Jay was handing her back her bouquet.

"You'll be fine." She said quickly, blowing a kiss over her shoulder as she made her way out of the door by herself.

"She's right you know," Jay said, sliding an arm around her sons waist, "Louis and Harry, nothing better. You're going to be completely fine."

"I love you mum." Louis replied, taking a deep breath as his mum opened the door.

"I love you too, my angel boy." She lent over to kiss his temple before they were linking arms and making their way out of the door.

As soon as himself and his mum came out onto the aisle, all eyes turned towards them and Louis felt his stomach do a flip. He didn't look to Harry first and instead looked at all the guests. On the left Louis could see all his aunts, uncles and cousins filling up the back rows while his grandparents, sisters and brother all sat along the two front rows. Lottie standing alongside Gemma and Lex at the front. To his left were Harry's family, all his aunts, uncles and cousins who Louis had only met a few times but was quite fond of. His parents were sat together at the front, alongside Liv, Gemma's boyfriend and his grandparents.

When Louis looked over at Lex he noticed that she wasn't looking back at him and was instead looking over to the right at Harry. That made Louis smile a little because he remembered sitting next to her at Liam and Livs wedding and having her tell him that she liked to look at the groom, to see his reaction to his partner coming up the aisle. She believed it was also nice to give him a little attention and knowing her she'd tease Harry on it later.

Finally, Louis took a deep breath and looked over at Harry. The man was looking right back at him, hands clasped behind his back with a smile on his face. If he squinted, Louis was pretty sure he could see tears in the mans eyes. He'd definitely be mentioning that later. Louis' eyes took another quick sweep around the room, taking in all the decorations and smiling slightly to himself.

The far end of the room, where Louis was headed to, was covered in fairy lights that cast a soft glow across the room as they hung down. An arch was set up where Louis and Harry would be standing, also strung with fairy lights and had one small sprig of mistletoe hanging in the middle. The chairs that the guests would be sitting on were spray painted silver and fit in nicely with the whole theme Louis had gone for.

After what felt like an entire age of walking, Louis and Jay finally got to the end of the aisle and the music was dimmed to just a quiet hum. Pressing a soft kiss to his cheek, Jay took Louis' hand and placed it in Harrys, smiling over at the older man before dabbing quickly at her eyes and rushing to take a seat with Dan and her younger children.

For a moment, Louis and Harry were lost in each others eyes. Just staring and smiling, trying to take in every last feature of one another.

"I love you." Harry mouthed, squeezing Louis' hand as they both turned from facing everyone to facing the minister.

Louis just grinned, not being able to change his facial expression into anything else. The minister began speaking, welcoming everyone to the ceremony and reading a poem that Harry and Louis had spent months deciding on. Who knew decisions like that would be so difficult. Throughout the first ten or fifteen minutes Louis didn't pay much attention, just spent his time glancing at Harry and taking everything in.

The man he was in the middle of marrying was stood next to him, holding his hand and looking gorgeous as ever. His hair, that had once been so long, was shorter now, just down to the bottom of his neck and it didn't curl as much anymore. The suit he was wearing was black, fitting nicely on his shoulders and hips. The white shirt he had on was complimented nicely with a little black bow tie, Louis found it hilarious but Harry loved it and Louis loved Harry. His legs looked miles long in his suit trousers and it really brought back to life their height difference, Louis' legs looking tiny when stood next to Harry.

The minister was speaking again, looking at Louis who had to snap back into reality so as not to seem rude.

"I now must ask if anyone here present knows of any reason why the two here today should not be married, if so, I request any objections now." The man looked around the room as a no one said anything.

To his left, Louis heard Niall let out an over exaggerated cough and when Louis turned to glare at him the blonde was just laughing, sending a thumbs up back at Louis.

"Okay, that's great, vows then." Louis heard the minister mutter to himself and that's when his nerves kicked in again.

During the first few months of planning the couple had decided that they wanted to go for less traditional vows and they'd stuck to that plan ever since. But despite having it planned for months Louis had only managed to finish writing his vows three nights before the wedding. He had spent so long trying to get every word perfect, trying to put all his love and adoration for the other man into writing that he had nearly driven himself insane through trying. Eventually, around 4am, when Harry was asleep upstairs in bed and he was sat in the kitchen by himself he'd managed to put together a few sentences that he hoped would explain things the way he wanted them explained.

Thankfully for Louis the minister turned to Harry first, who was already turning his body to face Louis properly. Louis watched Harry take a deep breath before the mans voice filled the room.

"I love you," he started, the widest and cheesiest grin on his face while Louis' heart clenched with complete and utter adoration, "you're my best friend. My partner in crime, the reason I do that stupid face that everyone laughs at and calls 'husband face'. I'd without a doubt take a bullet for you, and not just because I want to return the favour," that comment brought laughs out of everyone, Harry turning to Jay, who was laughing through her tears, and winking, "So today, after 9 years, I fully commit myself to you once and for all. I commit to you that I will love you forever, that I will cherish you and protect you with everything I have. In times of happiness I will celebrate with you and in times of sadness I shall comfort and carry you. I will never give up on our love because I've known for years that you're the only one for me, and now I get to spend the rest of my life proving that to you."

Harry finished talking, smiling at Louis then turning to the minister to confirm that he'd finished. Louis was stood in awe, staring at Harry with slightly blurry eyes while he tried to process everything the other had just said. It made his chest heart a little, he loved Harry so much, with every inch of his entire being.

"And you Louis, would you like to do yours." The minister said, Louis had tuned back into the sounds of the other people around him.

He could hear the rustle of tissues being pulled out of packets and the sounds of people sniffling, he knew his mum was definitely one of them.

"Right yeah," he mumbled, reaching in his pocket for the crumbled up piece of paper with his vows written on it, but as soon as he'd got in his hand he'd dropped it on the floor, "ah fuck, sorry, Louis shut up stop swearing."

Louis bent down to pick up the piece of paper while mumbling stupidly to himself, certainly aware that everyone else in the room could actually still hear him.

"Sorry." He apologised to the minister once he'd stood up but the man simply laughed lightly and waved a hand dismissively.

Finally Louis looked back up at Harry, who was staring at him with such fondness in his eyes that Louis was surely melting under his gaze. So he looked back down at his paper covered in pencil scratches and what looked like the stain of a tea cup.

"H. Can I call you H right now? I'm calling you H," Louis started, mumbling nervously to himself as his hands shook a little, trying not to look at anything but his paper or he'd definitely be too nervous to even speak, "I was 16 when you captured my heart. Capturing it by being exactly who you are, the sweetest, most loving, compassionate and kindest person I have ever known. Through everything, all the good and bad you have been by my side as my very best friend. You've been the reason for my endless smiles and you have given me comfort and love when I've needed it most.

You have believed in me through all the thoughts I've had, and you have taught me how to love with purity, passion and unconditional acceptance. I'm not really sure if a lifetime is time long enough to return all you have given and taught me, but I promise the rest of my days I'll be right by your side. To laugh with you, cry with you, believe in you and support you. In poverty I promise to do all I can to make our love rich, and in wealth I promise to never let our love grow poor.

With you, I am forever better than I am alone. Today I give you my love, my trust and my fidelity for you will always be the best part of my day." Louis took a deep breath when he'd finished, stuffing the paper back into his pocket and looking up at Harry.

He wasn't expecting the man to be looking back at him the way he was, looking at him with tears in his eyes and the widest smile on his face. If anything, Louis was entirely confused. Louis turned and look over at his mum who was leaning on Fizzy and crying softly into her hand. Then he looked back at Harry who still had tears in his eyes, it all brought a blush up on his cheeks making him look back to the minister to try and communicate with him that he wanted things to continue.

"Lovely," the minister said, nodding a little, "best man. May I have the rings please?"

Niall stepped forward, retrieving two rings from his pocket and handed them to the man with a wordless smile.

"Thank you, now Harry if you wouldn't mind taking this ring and placing it upon Louis' finger. I believe you have come prepared with your own exchanging of words, so please take it away when you're ready." He held his palm out with the ring sitting in the middle of it.

Harry took the ring, reaching out for Louis hand and squeezing gently when they made contact with each other. With an easy smile, Harry slid the ring halfway up Louis' finger, twisting it a little so the diamond was facing upwards.

"Louis, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment to you, for today, tomorrow and all the days to come." With the final word he slid the ring all the way up to the knuckle and grinned, dropping Louis' hand.

"And Louis, if you would like to do the same." The minister said, holding out the other ring before Louis even had time to process and admire the ring on his finger.

But he took the ring without question, taking Harry's much larger hand into his smaller one and laughing a little, sliding the ring halfway up and repeating the words Harry had just said before pushing the ring up to his knuckle.

Louis could hear the click of cameras from in the room but the noise sounded like it was coming from somewhere far away, he was too focused on him and Harry.

"By the power vested upon me," the minister began to speak and Louis could feel his blood pumping around his body, the nervous energy that had been stored up in him all day was coming out again, "I now pronounce you partners for life. You may proceed to kiss."

The minister waved his arms out to the side, smiling widely while Harry took a step closer and put his hand on Louis' hip. In one movement he'd pulled Louis' closer so they were stood toe to toe, looking directly at each other and both of them smiling madly. Louis rolled his eyes a little at Harry, going up on his toes to cup the mans cheeks and pull him down for a long kiss.

Sounds of people cheering and applauding echoed throughout the large room, Jay and Anne had both gotten up and rushed towards each other. Hugging one another through a mixture of relieved laughter and happy tears, holding onto each other as they looked over at their boys who were completely lost to the world. Completely engrossed in one another and not paying any attention to anything else that was going on around them.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." Louis mumbled against Harry's lips, his hands linked at the back of the mans neck and holding him as close as he could.

"You made me cry." Harry sighed out a little laugh, resting his forehead against Louis' and holding on gently to his waist.

"Didn't mean to, just love you s'all." He shrugged a little, leaning up to kiss Harry again.

"I love you. We still have to sign the register, then we can leave."

Louis nodded, pulling back from Harry after another quick kiss and turning to his mum who was wrapped around Anne in a hug that seemed to have been going on a long time. They made eye contact and Louis grinned at her, lifting his hand and waggling his ring finger a little, listening to the sound of Harrys laughter next to him.

"Just the register now." The minister said to just the pair of them, mostly all the guests were still sat in their seats but there was a general noise of communication flooding through the room.

Once they'd signed it, Louis signing one document with L.T and the other with L.S, the recessional music began to play and they were free to leave the ceremony room.

"You ready?" Harry asked, turning to Louis and reaching his hand out.

Louis took Harry's hand, nodding at him with a smile on his face. As soon as they began to walk down the aisle together confetti in the shape of silver snowflakes was being thrown in every direction, most of it ending up on the floor while some it sat in their hair and on the shoulders of their suit jackets.

"That was so scary." Louis giggled a little breathlessly once they were out of the room and the door was shut behind them, pulling Harry into a hug and resting his head on the older mans chest while his arms came to lock round Louis' waist.

"Why were you scared?" Harry laughed a little, his voice lathered with fond.

"Didn't want to mess up or be sick or cry, managed to do it pretty well apart from dropping everything and swearing in a church."

"You did perfect, it was lovely. You're lovely and I love you."

Louis titled his head and looked up at Harry, who was already looking down at Louis with a gentle smile. Harry bent his head down to press a soft kiss on Louis' nose, before knocking his own against it.

"Where do we go now?" Louis whispered for no real reason other than he felt the moment was too calm and gentle for any speech louder than a whisper.

"I have no idea, the photographer is meant to come out and lead us away for photos." Harry whispered back, looking back towards the room they'd just come out of and seeing no sign of any movement from behind the door.

"She's not doing a very good job so far."

"They've probably all warned her what we're like, she might be giving us some time." Their voices were now back to normal volume, the moment of calm having passed.

"What do you mean 'what we're like'? Just because you can't keep your hands to yourself." Louis rolled his eyes, but was grinning as he did so.

As if to prove a point Harry moved his hands down to Louis' bum and squeezed, smiling after as if he was proud of himself.

"I've been waiting to do that, your bum looks amazing." Harry said, completely ignoring Louis' previous statement.

"See what I mean." Louis tutted, being with Harry for nearly 9 years had gotten him so used to the constant butt grabs that it was practically second nature to him, not that he was complaining of course.

"You're wearing make-up." Harry noticed, changing the subject completely.

"Lottie," Louis said and Harry nodded with a knowing smile, "she said it was so I didn't look shiny in the photos but I know it was because she wanted to test one of her new palettes on me."

"I think you look gorgeous regardless."

"You have to say that."

"Doesn't mean it isn't true though."

Louis blushed, smiling a little and looking down because he'd never quite get used to how lovely Harry was to him. The older man just kissed the top of Louis' head and they stood quietly together, wrapped round one another for a few moments before the photographer came slowly out of the ceremony room.

"Ah, this is a much lovelier scene than what I was warned about." She spoke kindly, walking over to shake both of their hands.

"They don't think very highly of us." Louis laughed.

"I would have to disagree there Louis. Are you ready for the photos?"

They both nodded and she grinned, clapping her hands together.

"Right, this way then, we will be going outside but we won't be too long so you two don't freeze to death on your wedding day."

Louis laughed nervously, he had to admit the woman was slightly intimidating. At the sound of his laughter, Harry looked over at Louis and grinned. It didn't take long for the photos to be taken, the photographer sticking true to her words with the statement that they wouldn't be outside too long. Although Louis hardly noticed the cold, too excited by everything that had already gone on that day. Just with Harry being there, stood next to him, as his husband was enough to keep a smile fixed on his face and his body hot with excitement.

Once she'd finished, the photographer told them she'd been instructed to lead them across the venues grounds to where the reception was being held. Louis could hear everyone talking before he could see them and he was a little shocked to be met with cheers from the crowd as they approached. People who hadn't been at the ceremony had arrived for the reception and were waiting for the couple, friends from both of their workplaces and some from their time at school.

No one had actually been let into the reception room yet, everyone just mingling in the foyer as they drank cocktails and chatted with one another. The coordinator, who the couple had worked closely with to plan everything down to the last detail, caught sight of the couple and waved them over to the set of doors that led them into the room.

"Everyones waiting, you two are free to go in and then I'll send the rest in after." She told them, her hand on the door handle waiting to open it for them.

"Yeah, go for it." Louis answered before Harry even had the chance to say anything.

She didn't even reply, just pushed the door open and let the two slip inside before shutting it quickly behind them.

Louis was in awe, everything around them in the room for the reception was beautiful. Lovelier than he could've ever imagined it to be. The tables were set up in circles of six across one side of the room, one long table against the closest wall where Harry and Louis would sit with their parents. On the other side of the room was another table that looked to be holding the cake and separating the two tables was the dance floor, situated in the middle of the room, making it so everyone would be able to see the dance floor if they so much as turned their heads.

In the centre of each table was a tall, glass vase, filled with branches of white blossom. Fairy lights were entwined within the branches that were sat in the vase so each one gave off a glow. Along with those were two bottles of champagne, two bottles of red and two bottles of white wine, set out in the same order on each table. Every seat had it's own name tag, the names written on pieces of paper that were resting on top of mini christmas wreaths. Next to the name tags were the wedding favours, little boxes that when opened revealed a glass, heart shaped bauble that was decorated in silver engravings and a dusting of glitter. Hung sporadically from the ceiling were little bunches of mistletoe, one bunch set conveniently above the two seats along the table where Harry and Louis would be sitting.

Louis let go of Harry and went for a walk around the room, stopping and gazing at each individual centre piece and opening some of the boxes to the wedding favours to take a look at what the final product looked like. He finally made his way over to the table where the cake was, gasping a little in awe at it. The cake was one thing Louis had left to Harry's decision, deciding that he'd give the other man some kind of addition to the wedding reception and it's decoration.

What Harry had chosen was a simple white cake, sat up on stand. It had 5 tiers, going from the largest at the bottom to smallest at the top and down one side of the cake were snowflakes. They were obviously made from some form of icing and trailed right from the top down each tier, some of the flakes resembling stars while others kept up the traditional snowflake shape. Louis decided it was beautiful and he probably wouldn't have picked anything better himself.

He jumped a little when he felt arms around his waist, easily settling back into them once the initial shock had worn off.

"It's nice isn't it." Harry said simply, resting his chin on Louis' shoulder.

"It's perfect, more than I could've ever asked for." Louis replied, turning and kissing Harry softly on the cheek.

The two stood together in silence for another minute or two, before mentally deciding that it was time to let the rest of the guests into the reception room. They both went over to the big wooden doors, each of them with the handle on one, pulling them open at the same time so the guests were free to walk into the room. Seemingly out of nowhere waiters and waitresses had sprung, carrying trays of champagne towards the door as guests began to file in, each of them stopping to congratulate Louis or Harry and undoubtably holding everyone else up.

Everyone now and then, in-between guests coming in, Louis and Harry would look over and catch each others eyes, winking or pulling a funny face to make the other laugh. They were at the doors for around 25 minutes, most of the guests had all come in in one big group but there were a few people who were running in just as Harry and Louis were moving away from the door.

Gemma came through the door with her boyfriend, holding hands with Doris who was jumping up and down excitedly because of all the snowflake decorations hanging from the ceiling. Her and her oldest brother both shared a love for the Christmas season. Seeing Gemma hanging back as if she wanted to talk, her boyfriend took Doris and headed into the room while she gave him a grateful smile and went to hug her younger brother. Louis couldn't hear what they were saying to one another but the gesture made him smile.

Next she was coming over to him, pulling him into a hug and kissing his cheek.

"Welcome to the family gorgeous," she said, ruffling his quiff a little and laughing at his annoyed squeak, "although I suppose you've had H wrapped around your little finger so long you hardly even needed the surname to be a Styles."

"Thanks Gem, love you." Louis replied with such a genuine smile, he thought his heart might burst from adoration for the woman.

"I'll see you in there, love you too." She grinned and he grinned back, looking back over at Harry who was grinning at them.

Just a whole lot of grinning was going down that day.

It was nearing 3pm by the time everyone was in the reception room, people who had attended the ceremony were explaining all the details of it to the people who were only at the reception. From somewhere Jay had produced a microphone and was tapping on it to get the attention of everyone in the room, which worked because all the chatter died down as eyes turned towards her.

"Hello! Good afternoon, I'd firstly just like to thank you all for attending the beautiful wedding of my son and his darling husband, and to also say if you all wouldn't mind taking your seats for the food to begin being brought out. If you wish to request any other drink that isn't on the table, let one of the table staff now and it'll be put on Harry's tab." Jay looked over at the man and smiled, while all of the guests laughed and began making their way to their seats Harry just stood, shaking his head jokingly and grinning back.

Most of the round tables had begun filling up, the only evidently empty seats were the two in the middle of the only long table, the two seats directly under the largest sprig of mistletoe.

"Shall we?" Harry said, holding out his arm for Louis to link his own with.

He did and they walked together to the table, coming to a stop and Harry pulling out Louis' chair for him to sit down in. On Louis' right sat his mum, with Lottie on her right while Harry had his mum on his left and Gemma down at the opposite end to Lottie.

Lex, who was the official maid of honour had gone and taken a seat at one of the round tables, alongside a three months pregnant Liv, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Lex's girlfriend Jess. The same Jess in fact who Louis had gone to school with, who around the age of 20 had a bit of an identity crisis and had realised that she actually much preferred women. Then a year later she met Lex, an events manager, while doing the floristry work for one of the events Lex was organising.

"Your vows made me cry Lou, you've broken through my ice heart." Lottie told her older brother while they halfway through the starter, getting agreeing murmurs from the other women on the table.

"What can I say, I'm a natural with words." Louis joked, shrugging his shoulders and ignoring Harry's gaze because he'd probably start blushing.

"Me and your mum were full on sobbing as soon as it began, there was no stopping us." Anne spoke up, Louis laughing while Harry rolled his eyes fondly at his mum.

"Don't worry, I got pictures." Gemma added, the same impish smile Louis had learnt to love on her.

Louis had barely finished swallowing his last mouthful before the plates for the starters were being cleared away and Lex was standing up, tapping a spoon gently against her glass to gather the attention of everyone in the room. Which she did quite successfully, having everyone quiet and paying attention to her in under a minute.

"Hi, some of you may not know me so hello, I'm Alexis," she began, her voice loud enough for her not to need a microphone when she spoke, "and I'm the maid of honour I guess. I am unfortunately not the sister of either of these two wonderful men but I'd like to tell myself that I know them both reasonably well. After being friends with Harry since I was 13 and friends with Louis since I was 18, it's safe to say I know a fair amount about them.

But I wanted to start by saying that you both look dashing and the entire design and layout of this venue is beautiful, so well done on that. I want to keep this short because Harry's speaking next and I don't want my speech to add to the time of his and make you sit here for hours, and I'm also probably going to leave all the funny jokes and stories to the lovely best man Niall. However, I will say this, the first time I experienced Louis and Harry in all their Louis and Harry-ness was when Louis was about 15, so nearly ten years ago.

Now, 15 year old Louis was tiny, about 5'3 and a complete an utter kitten. He was adorable but god was he sassy, like I've never seen someone so small put people much bigger than him right in their place. And I won't go into details about the events of the night I realised this, but let's just say Harry had done something stupid, which I suppose wasn't that unusual as Harry spent a lot of his time being stupid. But Harry was being an idiot, but also a slightly scary idiot. None of this however fazed Louis and he stepped right in, in a room full of people who were at least three years older than him and completely put Harry in his place. And like he always has been, Harry was complete putty in his hands.

That day completely signed the deal for me that those two were meant for each other and I've never in my life been happier to be right about something. I adore the both of you and I wish you all the good luck and happiness in the world, so would everyone like to raise their glass and wish the happy couple a wonderful marriage." Lex finished, raising her glass alongside everyone else and winking discreetly at Louis who was laughing a little to himself, knowing entirely what event she had been talking about.

"You know what she's talking about right?" Louis whispered, a slight giggle in his voice as he lent closer to Harry so the older man could hear him over the people still clapping Lex.

"I do, the great day of the fight. The one where you terrified half of my friends." Harry replied, laughing at Louis' offended expression.

"I did not terrify them." He huffed, arms crossed defiantly.

"I'm joking doll, just the day I realised I was completely head over heels for you." Harry's tone softened, worming his way back into Louis' good books as he reached out to brush a curl of Louis' hair back up to join the rest of it in its quiff.

Louis could feel his face going pink, once again ignoring Harry's fond gaze.

"Nine years and your blush is still my favourite thing, don't think I'll ever tire of it." His lips brushed gently over Louis' cheek, squeezing his thigh softly and smiling.

"Shut up," Louis nudged him in the chest with his elbow, not being able to stop the grin spreading across his face, "everyones waiting for you to do your speech."

"Right, course, yeah."

Louis laughed softly at the man stumbling as he stood, mostly everyone in the room hushing once again to listen to the speech.

"Hello, erm, thanks Lex for that lovely speech, if you know the story she's talking about we'll keep it hushed up," Harry stared directly at the table Lex was sitting at as he said so, making sure they understood, "I'm actually not going to make this incredibly long, in fact it's going to be quite short. Really I'm not saying much because I'm actually starving and want to get onto the food as soon as possible but lets pretend thats not the reason. I want to thank you all for coming today and like being here with us I guess. All of you look lovely and you're making everything feel lovely, so thank you for doing that. I have nothing else much to say other than I married my best friend today and I've never been happier, so thank you for being a part of that. Now enjoy your meal."

Before Harry had even sat down the table staff were coming out into the room carrying plates of food, whisking round the room to try and get them all down before they went cold. Louis had raised an eyebrow at Harry when he'd sat down, genuinely surprised that Harry had managed to keep what he had to say so short. Everyone knew Harry as the guy who got overly sentimental whenever he had to make some form of a speech, especially when talking about Louis was involved, so a lot of the guests were surprised.

The main dinner plates were out longer than the starter plates had been, mostly because people were taking longer to eat as they were chatting and admiring the room around them. Seeing as it was mid December, by the time 4pm had rolled around it was pitch black outside meaning that the only light source was coming from the inside. The room was lit mostly with fairy lights, sending a yellow glow all throughout the room making it feel calm and warm.

Candles had been lit and were set up along the walls and the wall behind where the cake was set up was covered in fairy lights, much like the one in the ceremony hall had been. When Louis had finished eating and had had his plate cleared he looked over to the table where Niall was sitting and almost laughed at how nervous the man looked. Despite usually seeming confident and completely up for doing anything, speaking in front of a lot of people was one thing Niall hated. Which made Louis almost want to laugh if he didn't feel bad over how nervous Niall probably was at that moment in time.

But as soon as everyone was finished and ready to listen to Niall talk, the nerves had somehow slipped away and he stood up with a beaming smile in Louis' direction.

"Evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the five minutes of the night that Louis has had no say in whatsoever," Niall's first line brought laughs out of everyone and Louis could practically see the nerves seeping out of him and dripping onto the floor, "I met Harry at the ripe old age of 11 when we both still had voices like we were on helium and not an inch of hair on our faces, this was over 17 years ago and he still can't grow a proper beard. Our friendship quickly blossomed and by the time we were both 18 we were moving out of where we'd grown up and moving into a flat together about a 20 minute drive away. I think, still to this day, our mothers were completely terrified about the idea of me and him in a house together, which is why they enlisted Zayn as our babysitter of sorts.

Of course I was thrilled by this, me and my two best mates would be living together doing whatever we wanted, staying up until ungodly hours of the morning and drinking ourselves silly. Harry obviously had other ideas and was in bed by 9 most nights, " that brought another laugh out of the audience while Harry sat with his head in hands, his shoulders shaking from laughter, "while myself and Zayn attended university, Harry decided a gap year would be the best thing for him, so he got himself a job and spent a lot of time at home. Which lead to a lot of quite dumb ideas, my favourite being his experience with tattoo guns. For, one day, young Harold went all out and tattooed the word 'big' on his big toe, just in case he forgot which one it was," Louis turned to his husband with a shocked laugh, after living together for over 8 years Louis had seen the tattoo many a time, but never had he heard the story of how it had got there.

"Now, it wasn't that long after we'd moved that Louis was introduced into our lives. And as Lex said earlier, he was small. Thankfully, he has grown since then but we will always remember the tiny Tommo. After a solid seven years of friendship with Harry I'd spent many a drunken night with him, seen him stumbling and tripping his way home from the pub more times than I've cared to count. But never had I seen a man literally stumble at the mere thought of someone, you could just mention Louis' name in conversation and Harry would trip. It was actually quite an amusing game that myself and Liam spent many weeks playing.

Seeing the two of them together then is nothing different than what it's like now, if you're ever in a room with just the two of them then I wish you all the luck on trying to be involved in their conversation because, even without knowing it, they drift off into their own little world together. They can have conversations with just eyebrow raises and mumbled noises and it's one of the weirdest things to watch. I didn't want to get too sentimental because I know I'll never live it down but I don't think I could've pictured anyone better to be with Harry than Louis. I almost feel a responsibility over Harry, he's young and dumb but I have all the confidence that Louis will keep him in line.

I don't think, in my lifelong experience, I've ever seen two people more in love than these two are and I hope for the sake of not just everyone close to them, but to the both of them as well, that their love continues for the rest of their days. So Louis, Harry, here's to a lifetime of love and happiness." Niall, along with everyone else in the room, raised their glasses and called out cheers in the direction of Harry and Louis who were both smiling a little dopily.

As soon as Niall had sat down people begun to get up from their seats and move over to different tables to mingle with the guests. So Louis was up and out of his seat, rushing over to the table where Niall was sat and pulling the blonde into a hug.

"Never gonna let you live that down." He laughed, trying to convey all his love for the blonde in his usual teasing manner.

"Didn't think you would, suppose I'll get over it." Niall shrugged, offering his seat to Louis who shook his head and moved over to where Lex was to say hello.

Her and Jess had pulled their chairs close and were leaning in towards one another, having a quiet conversation that Louis didn't feel up to interrupting. So instead he turned to Liv who was sitting a little out from the table, a hand resting gently on the little bump that was protruding from under her dress.

"How are you?" He asked her, resting his hand alongside hers to feel the bump.

"I'm fine love, all good with me. How are you?" She asked, laughing gently at Louis' joyful smile.

"I don't think I've ever been happier." His answer was honest, his eyes drifting over to where Harry was stood talking with some of Louis' family members.

"I'm so happy for you two, and this entire place looks wonderful. You did a brilliant job."

"It's nice isn't it? I'm so glad the theme turned out well and it doesn't look tacky or anything."

"No Lou, I think it's lovely." She nodded, agreeing with her own statement.

Across the room he'd spotted Stan and Olly who were stood talking with some of Louis' friends from work. Stan looked over and caught his eye, winking then laughing when Louis rolled his eyes. He was about to get up and go over before he was nearly tackled to the ground with a hug from Perrie.

"Darling! Let me see the ring!" She said excitedly, pressing a kiss to his cheek before taking his hand in her own and admiring the ring.

Due to the commotion of everything else going on, he hadn't really had time to look at the ring. It was a silver band with one strip through the middle of just diamond. When he moved his hand a certain way the light bounced off the gems and made it almost glow.

"Nice isn't it?" He said with a smile, wiggling his finger a little.

"It's gorgeous Lou, who picked it?"

"H did actually, this and the cake was what he was allowed to have full reign over." Louis laughed a little, taking the champagne glass out of the girls other hand and having a sip.

"Boy did good, it's so gorgeous. Everything about the whole thing looks wonderful Lou." Perrie sighed happily, not even commenting on the fact that he'd just taken her drink.

"You think? Took over a years worth of planning so if it didn't turn out well I probably would've cried." His answer was sadly, entirely honest.

She cocked her hip out to the side, resting a hand on one hip "well enough people have already cried today, I hope I get to see a recording of these so called incredible vows of yours."

"Just me going on about how much I love him, come round anytime within the next day or so and you'll have a less tame version loud and clear." He giggled while she gasped a little and rolled her eyes.

"No thank you, I had enough of that when H lived with Zayn and Niall."

"Technically you didn't really have to hear it, you didn't live there and I was only there because I like my family enough to not let them hear that."

"But you don't mind scarring me." She laughed and Louis grinned smugly.

"Not at all, I want you all to know that me and H maintain a happy, healthy sex life. In fact, I'd daresay it's a little wild. I mean just Wednesday he had me pinned to the bed, his tongue working wonders in my-"

"Louis," she squealed completely interrupting him, covering her ears while he cackled, "I don't want to know. I really don't want to know, it's too much for me. Just keep that in the bedroom."

"Oh, sorry to break it to you Pez, but we've gotten way past the point of keeping it in the bedroom." He winked before breaking off into laughter.

"You're disgusting, I hate you." She shoved his shoulder a little but was laughing herself.

Louis was about to reply when he caught Harry staring at him, when the older man noticed Louis' noticing him he made a beckoning motion and nodded when Louis pointed to himself.

"Husband calls, I'll be back in a minute." He told her, to which she just laughed and waved him away.

He'd crossed the room faster than he ever had before, practically walking into Harry when he got there. Whoever Harry had been talking to seemed to have disappeared because Harry was just stood on his own, leaning casually against the wall.

"You beckoned." Louis said, a hand resting on his hip.

Harry reached out with both of his hands, knocking Louis' hand away and placing them both on the shorter mans hips to pull him closer.

"Look up." Harry said, pressing a kiss to Louis' cheek.

Louis did so, then laughed, rolling his eyes with a stupid grin on his face.

"Mistletoe." Harry stated, referring to the plant that was conveniently hanging above the pair of them.

"You're terrible." Louis shook his head fondly, leaning up on his toes to kiss Harry properly, for the first time since their kiss at the end of the aisle.

Pulling away, Harry let his forehead knock against Louis' before resting it there and sighing happily.

"What were you talking to Pez about? She looked like she was being tortured." Harry asked, laughing a little.

"I was just keeping her up to date on our sex life, trying to recite the events of Wednesday night before she so rudely interrupted me." Louis giggled, looking back over towards where Perrie was now talking with Liam, both of them glancing over in the direction of where Harry and Louis were stood.

"You're a terror."

"Yeah but you love me anyway."

Harry sighed, silently agreeing with him because honestly he'd gotten past the point of even pretending to deny it anymore.

"You don't understand what you do to me in that suit, I can not wait to get you home." He said casually, as if they weren't in a room surrounded by their family and friends.

"Down boy." Louis teased, trying to cover up how flustered he was, turning away from Harry with a wink and going off to talk to some people.

Soon after, Niall was waving them over to the dance floor and as soon as the beginning chords to Love Is Easy by McFly began to play Louis grew suddenly nervous. One thing he couldn't do was dance, he never had been good at it and probably never would be so having to dance in front of a room full of people who would all be watching was the most nerve-wracking thing he'd done all day, even worse than reading his vows.

"Calm down." Harry said gently, running his thumb down Louis cheek before both of his hands dropped down to hold Louis' waist.

Louis wound his arms around Harry's neck and took a deep breath.

"M'fine." He said, more trying to convince himself than Harry.

"Baby, everyone here knows you can't dance. It's just fact, but they don't care. They just want their fix of wedding dances and that's what we're giving them. Just pretend that it's just me and you, and we're naked, and we're doing a different kind of dance." Harry started off seriously but as soon as he'd got to the end of his sentence he was giggling like a schoolboy hearing a teacher swear for the first time.

"H, if I think about that then this whole entire evening might just take a different turn." Louis replied, forgetting that people were watching and just swaying gently.

"I wouldn't be complaining."

"Course you wouldn't be."

Harry could hear the eye roll in Louis' voice, but by then he'd shut his eyes and pulled Louis' even closer, hugging him as they swayed together. Louis let his cheek rest against Harrys shoulder, breathing in the scent of Ralph Lauren Blue that he adored.

"I love you." He said quietly.

"Love you too darling." Harry replied, squeezing Louis' hip gently.

By then other people had joined them on the dance floor and all eyes were no longer on the couple, which meant if they wanted to they could break apart. However they didn't and instead spent a few more songs just swaying gently in each others arms.

"I don't know if I've told you yet today, but you look lovely. Entirely and utterly gorgeous." Louis told his husband, resting a hand on the older mans cheek and looking up at him.

"Thank you, don't look anywhere near as good as you though princess." Harry replied, squeezing Louis' hip gently.

Huffing, Louis stepped back a little and pouted, "M'not a princess, jeez."

"Yes you are. You're my princess." Louis was quick to bat away Harry's hand as the older man laughed and went to pinch his cheek.

"Shut it frog face."

Harry widened his eyes and raised one eyebrow before bursting into laughter, making Louis pout all over again.

"Frog face! I'd forgotten about that one, haven't called me that since you were about 17!" Harry exclaimed loudly, completely oblivious to the other guests throwing him questioning looks.

"Yeah well," Louis huffed, "you've been looking particularly like an amphibian today, so I thought I'd revive an old gem."

"It's all the husband face I've been doing, Liam tells me I look like a frog when I do it."

"Is it gonna be a name that sticks again then seeing as you husband face at least eight times a day?"

"Can't help it that you're just so endearing." Harry sighed, pulling Louis closer again and swaying them both gently.

"You've gotta stop looking at me then, that's the only way you won't be frog face." Louis said childishly, turning his head so Harry couldn't kiss his mouth and instead it landed near his ear.

"I can't, you're too beautiful for me baby. My tiny darling boy." Harry said gently, this time cupping Louis' jaw to hold it in place and make sure the kiss landed on his mouth.

Louis' reply, probably some form of teasing or protest, was muffled against Harry's lips and when the kiss had ended he didn't bother to repeat it.

Around 9pm the couple decided it would be a good time to cut the cake, gathering everyone round while Jay stood once again with her camera, snapping pictures from every possible angle of the two cutting the cake together. And in true Harry and Louis style there were a few shots of them both shoving cake into each others faces.

Things began to wrap up around 10:30 and while Louis was stood talking to his mum he felt a hand on his waist, tilting his head back to see Harry standing behind him with a gentle smile on his face.

"I'm proud of you and I love you both." Jay told the two of them before leaving them alone, going over to help Anne box up what was left of the cake.

The two women both looked back over at their sons and smiled at them, although neither of them saw because as usual they'd transported right back into the land that belonged solely to Louis and Harry.

Harry circled his arms around Louis stomach and moved closer so his chest was flush with Louis' back, one of his hands resting gently on Louis stomach.

"One day yeah, that'll be us." Harry said quietly, nodding over to where Liam and Liv were stood together, both talking quietly and looking down at Livs bump of a baby that they'd created.

"Course babe, one day." Louis replied entirely honestly, tilting his head back and pressing a soft kiss to Harrys cheek as a way of a promise.

Later on that night, when it was nearing midnight, was when Louis and Harry finally got home. Despite both of them being tired beyond belief they were still giggling about nothing in particular. They got up to the front door, Louis having unlocked it and just as he was about to walk in Harry stopped him, shaking his head and tutting softly.

"You're doing it wrong." He said, sighing.

"Sorry, how else do you want me to enter my house?" Louis laughed, his voice tired and drained.

Harry sighed once again and bent down, lifting Louis unexpectedly into a bridal carry. Which made Louis squeak and wrap his arms round Harry's neck, trying his hardest to hold on even though Harry's grip meant he probably didn't need to.

"Like this, I've got to carry you over the threshold, haven't I Mr Tomlinson?" Harry told him walking into the dark house and kicking the front door shut with his foot.

He managed to make his way into the living room and find the light switch, turning it on so the room was no longer dark, all while still holding Louis in his arms.

"I think you'll find," Louis said matter of factly, "that it's Mr Styles to you."

-

(12214 words)

8.12.15

surprise?

it's been six months since i last wrote for this story and so many people have asked for a sequel, so instead i've written this. it was meant to be an entire surprise but because im the biggest idiot i accidentally pressed publish instead of save before it was finished so some of you may have seen the notification for it.

i don't really have much else to say apart from thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the continued support on this story, i love it and you very very much and i hope you're all well. if you ever want to check out any of my other works, feel free to browse my profile and see what catches your fancy. thank you for everything.

all the love, georgia ;)

https://www.instagram.com/thighhighlarry/

(220,013 reads, 16,902 votes, #219 in fanfiction)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376 4 5
One shots, bc I'm bored. •Fluff •Smut
182K 4K 28
Louis has never felt loved. 4 boys will show him what love is.
3.7M 18.1K 177
Imagine with me.. Kate Xx © Copyright 2015. All rights reserved. This material may not be reproduced, displayed, modified or distributed without the...
1.5M 10.4K 140
Requests are open :) Preferences written by xLexiGurlx