Joffrey Baratheon's downfall

Od jessmay99

Joffrey had always shown her nothing but kindness. It was the only nice side anyone saw of him when she was a... Viac

Amelia Baratheon
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Authors note.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 21

3.2K 64 2
Od jessmay99

Chapter 21

Breakfast was a solemn affair among the Lannister's, Joffrey was silent and looking towards Amelia and James as they were conversing and talking more that they had done in a while and from Joffrey's point of view there was a reason for that. It was awkward between the two of them at first but as soon as they started talking the pair had realised how much they had missed each other, as the pair laughed and joked away everyone else watched on. The Lannister princess would be going off soon and no one was truly prepared for what was left after the situation.

Joffrey suddenly slammed his cup down on the table as the group of blondes gaze turned upon them; Joffrey grimaced at the way that Amelia's smile dropped from her face as she saw her brother. "She's leaving now." Everyone started to disagree but they were quickly shushed by Joffrey as he stood up. Cersei stood up and walked towards her daughter "yes I guess we must be going, but just remember, whilst your up in the north with the wolves, you are a lion and we kill faster than a wolf." Amelia smiled and nodded at her mother. "But she will not come back a lion will she mother?" Joffrey sneered as he walked also to Amelia. "She'll be coming back a Northern whore." Everyone was taken aback by the comment and Amelia quickly went to excuse herself but was stopped by Joffrey by his sudden laugh "it was a joke... comes on us all need a quick laugh before she goes." Amelia simply nodded her head again and a small smile played at her lips; as a sudden knock was heard at the door.

Joffrey's loud voice told the person to come in and the small squire shivered in fear in front of his king "I'm sorry you're Graces, my lady. Lord Robb Stark has called to see if you are ready to leave." The squire quickly bowed at the nod of the king and the small royal party stood up and made their way to the courtyard.

Amelia was shocked to see the amount of people that had lined the streets to see their beloved princess leave, many shouted and smiled and waved at her as they saw the young princess leave the castle walls. The princess waved back at the people and nearly forgot the whole ordeal of what was going on; until she turned to her left and yet again her smile had faded from her face as she saw the Stark outrage saddled up and ready to leave. Amelia stood next to Joffrey as the king proclaimed. "We are here today to say goodbye to our beloved princess, I am sure that she will be missed not only by us but the people of the kingdom. We want to wish all a great travel, and a joyous journey." At that a grand carriage came around for the princess, "I thought I was riding on horseback." Amelia stated as she looked at the carriage with annoyance "You know how much I hate them." Amelia whispered to Joffrey, but most around heard. Joffrey simply shook his head "on my order I have told Lord Robb for you to be restricted to the carriage and not ride." Amelia eyes fell to the ground as she simply nodded submissively to her brother.

As Amelia started to say goodbye to her family her mother took her into a warm embrace, her mother smiled a genuine smile at her she told Amelia again to remember that she is a lion and we roar as loud as we can. Amelia held onto her mother before she told her that she had to let go and she swiftly moved on to her uncle Jamie he smiled at her and hugged her quickly saying that she will come and see her as soon as possible with a quick saying of a Lannister always pay their debts. Amelia then moved onto her elder brother Jamie, he smiled at her and the saluted at her and Amelia saluted back it was something they did together when they were small. He then pulled her into a hug and wished her luck. Tommen held her hand and then kissed it before quickly running off to their mother and she laughed at his little action. Lastly was Joffrey the king, she smiled at him and the tears that she promised wouldn't fall slowly started to as Joffrey took his sisters into his arms, she cried on his shoulder, Joffrey probably held her onto her for too long and anyone around them would have thought of that to but they let him have the moment they were siblings after all Joffrey pulled back from the hug and kissed her check softly before whispering something only she could hear in her ear. Robb looked at the pair of them and was starting to get annoyed as Robb was seeing this as a more than affectionate side from Joffrey. But noticed that Amelia was too sweet to understand.

As Joffrey let Amelia go he looked to Robb and smiled a sickening smile at him, "Have a safe journey my lord" and with that he let his sister go. Amelia's face suddenly turned to one of fear as Joffrey placed her warm hands into Robb's cold one and he slowly took her into the awaiting carriage, and as soon as the doors of the carriage closed her fate was doomed, she was going to be just a little play thing but all that was running through her head "make me proud." It was like Joffrey was shouting it at her but it was said with so much anger and forces that it left Amelia wondering what her fate would truly be like in the north.

When she was young Amelia was always told about the north when her brother would tell her spooky stories- they would haunt her at night. But as the carriage started moving and the red keep moved further and further away Amelia knew that maybe the nightmares she so frequently had as a child may become a reality.

There were not many people that were in the carriage with Amelia, a handmaiden Amelia had never seen before and realised that she looked like she was from the North. She wanted to make small talk with her but realised that there was someone else in the carriage with her, she then looked to her left here was a young man with the stark sigil upon her armour. Amelia was shocked to see a stark knight in the room instead of a Lannister one. Amelia simply smiled at the pair as played with the threadbare ends of her sleeves. The carriage all of a sudden came to a halt Amelia's face fell with fear as she looked around the young knight noticed her fear and told the young princess that they have stopped and that there was nothing to fear at all. She looked at the knight "thank you..." Amelia paused as she had not spoken to the young man "its Joseph your grace. Lord Robb thought you would prefer it if someone around your age would sit with you." He smiled at the young girl. "Thank you I appreciate it. Ser Joseph, it will be lovely to get to know you more. Are you with me the entire trip?" the knight nodded as he got out of the carriage he took his hand out to offer her a hand out of the carriage. She smiled graciously at the boy before taking his hand and leaving.

Within a few hours Amelia's tent was up and she was shown to it by another night that yet again wasn't her own Lannister knights. But she got his name and smiled brightly at the man, he was elderly but he had a hearty laugh to him and it made Amelia smile. Her tent was not something she was expecting, she was happy to have a basic tent she didn't want something in which they couldn't afford. But as she looked at the various wolf skins around and many things that she had never seen before in the south. Amelia looked at the clothes that had been brought in and the bath that had been filled with warm water, she smiled contently to herself and sat down. When the flap of her tent opened and Amelia jumped up as she looked at the person there.

Amelia knew exactly who it was Theon Greyjoy. He had a sickening smirk on his face and looked at the frightful princess and laughed at her cruel and menacingly. "I can understand why Joffrey didn't want to turn you over." He stated as he walked closer to the princess who didn't want to show her fear. "I suppose you are probably a good fuck to. But then could never get there could I." Amelia simply shook her head "lord Robb wants to know if you are well, settling in food will be served soon and he would like you to join him in his tent." Amelia quickly shook her head "I won't be joining him. "Amelia stated quickly as the look of horror on Theon's face feel and she feared that he would do something to her. Theon left as quickly as he came in with a response of "I'm sure that his Lord won't be happy." Amelia sighed she wanted to go and grab the man that made her skin crawl say that she would attend that she would be happy to but she didn't feel comfortable she had barely spoken to him. I suppose she just wanted a familiar face and she was yet to see one.

At hearing the news that the young princess wouldn't come and join him for dinner he thought that it was an act of defiance. He knew that she wasn't much like her family; she wasn't as much of a lion as the world thought. She had the Lannister look the gorgeous smile and beautiful blonde locks; she had the look of a lion. But that was all she looked like a Lannister and nothing more. Maybe that was what she was doing, trying to show the side of her that was a Lannister within but very hard to see.

As the sun started to set Robb went out to speak to the lords to tell them the definite journey home to stay on the main road but to not draw attention to the party traveling back home. As Robb told the lords that he was calling it a night but as he was about to walk into his tent he heard the small whimpers of sobs and the subtle smell of spring which filled his nose.

Robb was curious but knew that she would probably act proud which was something that annoyed robb about the Lannister's. But Robb knew he must do the dutiful thing go and check that his betrothed will be all right. But Robb wanted to back out; his mind was playing childish tricks on him telling him she turned down your invitation so why should you help her. But robb had to help her for he hoped that she would see this as a sign of trust, helping her. Maybe she would see this as an act of courage on his behalf. No matter what she saw it as he knew it was the only thing that he could do. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet again I am sorry about slow updates school is horrible and awful and hard. I hope you are still enjoying the book and if you have any suggestions for the book please tell me. 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

223K 6.4K 107
"Land, riches, women. Plus the eternal glory and gratitude." Bronn informed Tyrion "I can get you that. My father may not be eternally grateful but I...
549 21 1
Sandor Clegane had a sister, two years younger, who was not murdered as a child by Gregor but survived and made it to Casterly Rock. Leanor is surpri...
12.6K 353 21
'A good king must be just... Orys the first was just. Everyone applauded his reforms, nobles and commoners alike. But he wasn't just for long, he was...
141K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...