Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A week had passed since that day and Amelia was sitting at her desk in her room writing letters to various people who had written some to her and she felt the need to respond, many of the letters that came through were letters and pictures from the children in the town some were from lords and ladies and then their was one from Myrcella but Amelia hadn't opened it Yet and truly she didn't want to. As bad as it sounded she hadn't really thought about her sister much since she left to Dorne to marry her prince and life Amelia hadn't even been looked at by any Lord yet.

She thought some of that might have been down to Joffrey, not being allowed to marry. But then if Joffrey refused then her grandfather would force a marriage upon her so at her age now. Why hadn't anything been done. Amelia didn't want to dwell on that fact so she got up from her desk and went and sat on her bed. Esme's funeral was going to be held soon with a small gathering of people. Joffrey declared that it was not needed and therefore she would just be buried, but Amelia persisted that it must be done. Amelia loved her and trusted her with everything, she was going to be missed.

Joffrey though had read the letter a million times. He knew at some point in his life Amelia would have to be handed over to someone else, someone suitable and someone that could love her. But no one could love her the way Joffrey did. Joffrey thought that he could keep her here in kings landing turn away everyone that even looked at her no one could marry her. He'd find a fault in every many every Lord that came and asks for her hand and he would keep her right here in the red keep away from harm. As king this thought had continuously crossed his mind but he knew his grandfather would find Amelia a man. Someone who would stand by Amelia even if he didn't love her and someone that would bring money, army and food and crops from their own city, and as king he needed that more than he needed a suitable suitor for Amelia, and the North could offer this to house Lannister/baratheon and much more.

A sudden knock on the door interrupted Amelia's train of thought. "Enter" Amelia's voice exclaimed as the man behind the door entered the room. Before talking he bowed "My lady" he stated as he rose from his stance. "Please Amelia will do just fine." He nodded before continuing "The king, the royal family and people of the court require your presences." The small squire boy stated as he shook. Amelia nodded her head and stood up from where she was once sitting, "let me change and get myself ready and I shall meet you all there." The small squire nodded yet again with a smile on his face and exited. Amelia quickly walked over to her wardrobe and called for her ladies as they quickly changed her into something more presentable for court. As he ladies hurried around her one pulled out her crowns and tiaras. "No lily they will not be necessary for today, it's only court" Amelia tried to dismiss as she tried to close the draw but lily shook her head. "No my lady, the king has required you to wear your finest one." Amelia nodded quickly before letting her ladies make sure she looked presentable.

As she walked towards the court their were various guards and people in which she hadn't seen before but looked passed it and simply smiled at everyone of them. As the doors to the hall opened everyone spoke in a hushed whisper as Amelia walked passed them and up to the king where she curtsied. Joffrey smiled at her a sickly sweet smile but still had a look of annoyance and utter disgust. By now Joffrey had usually pulled her to sit on his lap but as he didn't Amelia didn't really know what to do with herself.

"Sister" Joffrey said not his normal smug tone but a tone that Amelia had never heard him use before. "Your grace" Amelia stated as she moved back down the steps.Joffrey Stood to go and grab her arm to pull her back and then remembered their guests, slowly sitting back down he looked towards Amelia who had no idea what was going on and was looking around the room for any indication. She looked at the seats that were just below Joffrey's thrown their use to be one their for her but it was taken away as it was never used. Then their was her mother with her normal sour expression on her face, next to her all the people that were used to spy on Amelia, but Amelia was unaware and thought of them as being close friends and near enough family. Then finally on the other side was her elder brother James her uncle Jamie and the hound (who in all honesty scared Amelia). But none of them were give her any eye contact.

Suddenly the doors flew open and Amelia's head flew up to look at how had entered. The once loud and harsh whispers of the court were silenced as these people walked in. They looked like foreign people to Amelia with their thick clocks on and fur that was wrapped around them for the south they must have been sweltering in the heat. But none of them looked like they were, they all looked fine. Amelia recognised the house immediately. She instantly notice Lord and Lady Stark they had not changed a bit form what she remembered from when she was little, and she had met Robb once or twice when they had visited Winterfell and he was 6 years older than her so they never really got on. She had heard about Jon Snow Lord Starks barstard child and Theon Greyjoy, through her father who would tell her how heroic he was, but she couldn't tell who either of them were all she knew was that their were two boys standing further to the back of the line that the Starks had created and presumed it was those two. The rest of the Starks she had never seen before and to be honest she still didn't know why they had travelled all this way.

Ned stark stood tall as he stepped forward "your grace may I present to you my family. " As he walked over to lady stark and introduced her and then to Robb, Lord stark then went to his eldest daughter Sansa who Looked like her mother and then to the rest of the children who took more of Neds looks than his wife. Lord stark then looked towards the king. "We have come to discuss the matters were enclosed in the letter that was sent to you. I and sure that you have read it by now." Lord stark said strongly in which Amelia cowered back to the force in his voice was terrifying and all that Amelia could do was to look upto Joffrey.

Joffrey quickly nodded his head "yes Lord stark I have although I don't agree with some of it." Joffrey paused to look at his sister "things must be done to keep us alive, and I am more that willing to comply." Joffrey stated as he slowly stood up from his throne and waked down the stairs towards his sister. "Good then it's settled." Lord Eddard nodded and went to turn away "there will be a feast tonight that way it can be announced to all" Joffrey proclaimed and with that the Starks left the hall and Amelia was stood their even more stunned than she was when she walked in.
---------------------------------------------------/
I am starting to write another book called Christian greys daughter. Please go and give it a read. Thank you.