Chapter 4

Amelia and Timothy had made their way back to the castle just as the night was drawing in. As always Joffrey was there to greet her on the way back and asked her if she had a nice ride which Amelia just nodded her head to. Timothy had taken the back ways to the castle and was escorted to Amelia’s chambers as quickly as possible. Joffrey helped Amelia off of her horse and took her inside, where he examined her and made sure that she had no difference in appearance from where she had left. Once he was certain that she was alright he took her to his chambers like he always did when they weren’t feasting with the rest of their family for dinner. Several servants walked in tough the doors carrying so much food that Amelia felt guilty as she knew she would hardly eat any of it, she nodded her head politely at the servants who curtsied for the king. The hound whose appearance didn’t seem to faze Amelia stood just to the side of the door and closed the door behind all of the servants.

As always Joffrey took Amelia’s plate and piled it high with various times of meats, cheeses and fruit, many that Amelia had never heard off, before handing it back to her with a smile. “Come on eat up, how was your ride? I heard you travelled quite far.” Joffrey and Amelia both started to eat their food although Joffrey wasn’t eating like a pig he was eating rather quickly compared to Amelia. Picking a grape up Amelia nodded “yes your grace we travelled to a stream quite far from here, the scenery was something very exquisite and breathing taking. Maybe we could ride out there your grace.” Joffrey smiled, “please Amelia no one is around I am your brother just Joffrey will do.” Amelia acknowledges and then carried on eating her food. She had eaten a lot more than either of them had expected and was feeling rather stuffed Joffrey was happy that for once she had a decent sized potion of food. “If you could excuse me your grace I shall retire to my chambers now.” Joffrey looked at Amelia bemused, “Haven’t you heard there is a storm coming tonight according to the maester, I brought all of your things in her.” Amelia looked down in regret, she hated storm but couldn’t leave Timothy alone just in case someone found him. “Please your grace…Joffrey.  I want to see if I can stay in my own chambers just for tonight, and if I’m scared I will come straight to you.” Joffrey looked at Amelia in pure shock before calling for a maid to take Amelia and her belongings to her chambers; she kissed him goodnight and left.  Joffrey looked at the door bemused as to why she wanted to leave so desperatley, but then again he knew he would find out in the moring. joffrey quickly closed his door and sat behind his desk.

Amelia quickly hurried along to her chambers, hoping that some food and proper sleeping attire had been sorted out for timothy. Once she arrived at the door she nodded to her guards and entered the room to find timothy just finishing off a plate of food and the smile that was upon his face was something that made Amelia’s heart melt. As she walked in timothy smirked at her in a knowing way and Amelia laughed back. Her handmaidens were disgusted on the fact that he had not bowed or had the common curtsy of calling her a lady and that was something that she loved. “Excuse me sir, but that is Amelia Baratheon First of het name. Princess of the seven kingdoms and sister to our beloved king Joffrey. I would suggest that you bowed straight away” Esme who was Amelia’s handmaiden declared. “He is doing no harm Esme he is a guest of mine and one that I have known for some time he has never bowed to me, and to be honest it would be weird to see him start.” At that statement they both fell into a fit of chuckles. Although Amelia had only known him a short while it did truly felt like she had known him forever. Timothy then pushed his plate to the side and asked where he was sleeping, “I hadn’t thought that far ahead so I thought that you took one side and stayed there and I took the other. There isn’t really anywhere else except the floor and I will not have you sleeping there. Timothy looked at her quizzically before nodding his head in agreement and moving over to the side that he had claimed his. While timothy got himself comfortable in bed Amelia went behind her screen and changed into her nightgown that hung just on the side. “That is all ladies you may leave now and come early in the morning. You must wake Timothy before anyone else gets here.” The ladies nodded and exited. Amelia then slowly got into her side of the bed at what seemed like the break of dawn and went to sleep whishing timothy a good night but got soft subtle snores as a reply.

However unbeknown to Amelia as the early morning started to drawn in Esme her maid, who Joffrey had hired to spy and get information about Amelia off of, was in his chambers breaking their fast together. “Your grace I fear that there is something I must tell you as a matter of urgency.” Joffrey nodded. “Amelia took a man from the city to her bed last night, they have been meeting in the woods for some time now and last night he told Amelia how he had lost his house and how his sister had gone into an orphanage. She took pity on him and let him share her bed. I believe that we should…” but before Esme could finish Joffrey and a group of guard were in there way to Amelia’s chambers. Joffrey was fuming and wanted to know the secrecy behind her plan.