Chapter 26

Hey guys I thought I would give you a little update, the chapter is nothing much. I'm just trying to make up for the updates I have missed. I hope you enjoy it; please give your opinion on Robb's attitude and anything that you would like to see happen. 

She stood there in front of the Northern hoard she was in her nightgown and suddenly started to feel self-conscious about what she was wearing. She looked around at the people around her and then at the man in the floor in front of Robb. Amelia took a shaky breath before she took the piece of parchment from him and looked at the contents. She didn't want to read it as she kept her gaze with Robb's not blinking once; she knew she couldn't read it. It wasn't before a lord shouted for the girl to get on with it did she finally take her eyes away from robb and back to the parchment.

My sweet little lioness;

If I could be there to protect you from those Northern Backstabbers than I would come running to you as quickly as I could. But mother says that I am not allowed for we need this treaty. I tried to persuade everyone but no one is having any of it; it's like they don't want you back.

I hear that you and the Northern men are becoming friendly with you; all I hear are good reports on your manners and your credit to our house, and even though you are not in my arms I believe that this is true. I received a message from grandfather he is saying that he is taking over as hand of king and I believe that this is the best way forward for the seven kingdoms.

I wish that you were back in,

Amelia looked away from the paper and stopped she looked at Robb as he gave her and expectant look. He coughed to try and break the tension in the air, before looking down top the man on the floor and then back to his betrothed. "Well... carry on" Robb stated with dignity in her tone. Amelia looked down at the ground. "My lord, I can't continue." Amelia couldn't bring her gaze from the place in which she had found on the floor, a small tear came down her eye as she realised that she was happy and semi comfortable with these people and the people that say they care are only hindering her success.

Robb called his men to take the boy and dismissed the rest to get on with the rest of the evening, as robb watched his men take away the boy as he pleaded with his men and as robb looked down to his wife he could see her troubled, features and realise that there was something going on within her mind. Robb found that she was still looking at the ground he was worried about her. But he knew that he couldn't let it show in front of his men, but when they were within a tent no one could see that his facial expressions soften and the care that showed explicitly to the little lioness.

He looked at Amelia's ladies and told them to take her back to her tent and leave her be, the ladies around her nodded and took the delicate child back to her tent. As the ladies did as they were old Amelia was settled down within her tent sitting at her desk with a small amount of parchment and writing ink within her grasp as she has requested. As she was about to start writing Robb entered the small but cosy tent and looked at to what Amelia was doing.

He watched her for a moment taking in the way that material she was wearing suited her body and hung perfectly against her body. He took in the way she was sitting and the way that she let her hair hang in a delicate braid over her shoulder, he smiled a pure and genuine smile which was very rarely seen against his stern and strong features. Robb could see that Amelia was uncomfortable he could tell that there was so much that she wanted to say and do but could say anything. He felt that he could sympathise with her but he failed to do so.

Once Robb made himself known Amelia quickly tried to hide what she was doing in fear of what Robb would do, but Robb didn't want to know and he didn't mind he quickly grabbed the little lioness into a hug; he picked her up rather gallantly like a knight in shining armour as she subtly cried into his shoulder and he let her. Robb sat there with her and cradled her as he did love her and he wanted the best for her he wanted the little lioness to be his and as the pair of them sat there together Robb knew that his heart had found a place for her.

However Robb knew that he had to listen to his men, to what other people say he knew that his heart could never truly let him be his driving force in his mind.