A Loan Of Five Rupees

By Suganthii

Book 2 of "Destined To Be" [Winner Of Tweet Your Story India] In the hustle-bustle of the Twenty-First Centur... More

Author's Note
The Series: Destined To Be
g l o s s a r y
c h a r a c t e r s
❞How'd she sacrifice now...?
❞How else could she distract herself now...?
❞How could he be able to rest now...?
❞How she'd live easily now...?
❞How he'd survive now...?
❞How was he going to maintain his demeanor now...?
❞How'd be she able to erase her reminiscence now...?
❞How'd he ignore his desires...?
❞How'd she ignore her desires now...?
❞How'd he confront her now...?
❞How was she going to soothe herself now...?
❞This was how they ended their search for love.
❞How It All Happened...?
❞e p i ( i ): This is how he will love her...
❞e p i ( ii )...and this is how she will love him.
Update!
s n i p p e t : o n e
s n i p p e t : t w o

❞How was he going to accomplish his mission now...?

4.4K 513 130
By Suganthii

A/N: Keep voting to motivate your humble writer ;)

Video Attached: Title Track of 'Mera Pehla Pehla Pyar'. When I was writing this chapter, this song kept playing again and again and again in my mind. So, here is the song of the chapter.

*****

12. How was he going to accomplish his mission now...?

°°° 

"Xavier...", Krishna absentmindedly called his brand-new brother-in-law as his eyes scanned the room.

Once all the formalities had been completed, Xavier's father had invited them to his grandfather's house. The old man had been partially paralyzed and bedridden causing him to miss every ceremony.

Krishna had observed that Xavier was a pet of his grandfather, the old man kept kissing his grandson like he was a baby. It was shocking to see such adoration, considering Xavier never even directly looked at his father- forget about being affectionate.

His eyes roamed, searching for a single lady who was missing after the ring ceremony. He had noticed something wasn't right with her. He had seen how she had avoided him like a plague after their brief encounter in the morning.

And his gut kept pressing that something was off.

He had told her he wanted to talk to her; it was important for him to let it out to her. But he had ignored her that whole day because of the lack of opportunity. Heck, he was the bride's elder brother, he had some responsibilities, and she should have understood that.

Now, her absence was eating him alive. He felt like a fool to leave that matter, as wherever his vision moved, her absence struck his heart.

Maybe you are a fool to let her slip from your hands?

Xavier turned his head to respond to the call and stumbled back envisioning Krishna. He still felt uncomfortable around his younger brother-in-law. Physically, he was equally built like him, yet he was intimidated. It wasn't just Krishna's job that made him stammer like a buffoon but his powerful aura that dominated everything. Krishna looked and acted like a beast.

"Hmm... Yes, Kri- I mean Bhaiyya." he stuttered like a kid again.

Krishna noticed his palpable nervousness and sighed. He could see how, every fucking time, the lad got blank- or moreover pale- whenever he tried to talk to him. He didn't comprehend why Xavier behaved like a ghost-seen-man in front of him. The last time he had checked himself in a mirror, he looked handsome.

Well, if to pick an exact word from a lady's dictionary, then you look damn hot!

He's a guy.

Yeah, but I don't look like a ghost. Wait, were his eyes defective? Oh God! My sister married a blind man?

He wondered as he eyed the specimen present in front of me. He did a clean sweep of his face with his big palm, "Do I look like a ghost?", he questioned to which Xavier shook his head negatively.

Okay, he's not blind.

Placing his left hand on Xavier's shoulder, "If not, then why are you so scared?", he questioned.

He watched as that man opened his mouth but immediately closed it as if scared by his reply.

Krishna shook his head, "Look, I will not shoot you or something, okay. You are not a criminal, and even if you are, a gun is not the first thing I touch.", he added, "Also, I try my best to be sociable, so let us be buddies. You see, now we both have to tolerate each other's presence... Frequently than ever.", he raised his left brow to which Xavier offered him a hesitant smile.

Raising his hand, Krishna placed it in between them.

He waited for Xavier to accept it and give him a handshake but found that he had been blanched to colorless. Instead of waiting for him to react, he grabbed his arm and pulled him forward to give a manly hug. He patted his back as he said, "Congratulations Mr. Xavier Lucifer Joseph.", he held him at arm's length, "Welcome to our family, you are one with the Singhs."

Xavier grinned sheepishly, shocked that Subhadra's brother had hugged him in real. He scratched the back of his head, "Thank you, Bhaiyya.", he said, this time without stuttering.

"Krish."

"Huh?", Xavier asked, still not overcome by his friendly gesture.

Krishna smiled, "Choti calls me Krish. You can also call me that if you want to. I mean, I don't want to pressurize you if you like calling me Bhaiyya."

Xavier nodded, "Okay. I prefer Krishna."

Krishna gave him a light pat and turned toward the buzzing group of people, "Where is Sam-", he coughed and mentally slapped himself, "I mean... Where are your friends? The two ladies for whom I worked as a part-time chauffeur.", he questioned jovially to his newfound friend.

Xavier shrugged his shoulder, "They left earlier.", he replied, "They are leaving today, and... Ali had some shopping business, so they departed immediately after the ring ceremony."

Reaching like a million volts of lightning, it assaulted Krishna's heart and he staggered back, "What?", he screamed and felt everyone's eyes on him.

Didn't she consider it to be necessary to talk to me? Didn't she think to listen to what I wanted to share for once? Or worse, is she married, or is she with someone else?

No, that was not possible as he had seen her neck and had observed that there was only that same thin gold chain with a small heart pendant that he always dreamt about.

Moreover, her striking dark orbs had sparkled each time his eyes had looked at them, or to be correct looked into them. And that had confirmed that she loved him the same way he did.

No more fucking proof was needed.

Then, why?

He inhaled a large amount of air and released it slowly, trying to calm his bubbling anxiousness and anger, "Sorry, actually it's my brain. I mean head. Umm... I mean headache.", he blabbered confusedly and pressed his shaky fingers on his left temple to prove his lie.

A lady hurriedly came near him, "Krishna, beta, is everything all right?", his mother touched his face, and he sadly smiled.

"Nothing Maa, just work pressure.", the best excuse he could come up with was out of his mouth.

She narrowed her eyes and instantly he chewed his inner lip. He knew nothing could escape from his mother's X-ray vision and prayed to the Lord that she shouldn't start a drama. Thankfully, his prayers were answered as she released him, "You should rest then.", she said, her voice stern, and gave him a tight-lipped smile.

He nodded, understanding the questions laced behind her suggestion, and leaned in, "I'll explain to you later.", he kissed her cheek and stood straight, "I am leaving now. Will join you at the wedding reception.", he said to Xavier to which he gave him a side hug.

Starting toward the exit, he turned and saw Xavier accompanying him. He was unsure to ask Xavier about his friends but anyway gave a shot, "Well, I have not even said goodbye to your friends before they left for Delhi.", he knew many strategies to get an answer from someone, creating no doubt and used one of his cards.

"Oh, don't worry, I will send your regards.", Xavier assured him, "And by the way, they are not going to Delhi. They have this vacation thing planned for a long time." he continued, "So they both took a break of a week and planning to spend some time at Tirora, with their parents before heading to Manali."

"Oh!", Krishna exclaimed, mentally noting his every word, "Well, okay then. I think some rest would calm my head.", he pointed at his head and smiled. He had enough information to find at least all the trains connecting Nagpur to Tirora.

"Sure Krishna.", he waved his hand and left him as Subhadra called him.

Krishna grabbed the keys from his back pocket and unlocked his jeep. He heard a shuffling sound and turned his head.

Shaking his head, he watched Nishita approaching his vehicle with Ansh in her arms, "Playing Byomkesh Bakshi for your mother-in-law, huh?", he questioned her, and she rolled her eyes.

"She is worried, okay. That's why I am here.", she hit his arm, hard, as he tried to open his vehicle, "When I am saying anything don't ignore, okay.", she glared at him and he sighed at her adamant form, "What happened? Don't you dare to lie to me, Krishna." she questioned and Ansh repeated after her.

"Samiksha happened.", he murmured to himself.

"Huh? What did you say?", she shifted her son to the other side and focused on Krishna.

He scratched his brow, "See, I have to leave immediately or I will miss her. Who knows I might have missed her already!", he blabbered as he pulled the door open.

Sitting urgently, he buckled up the safety belt. Starting the vehicle, he glanced at the transparent window and rolled it to half.

"Who?", Nishita questioned as she leaned against the closed metallic door. Ansh not caring a dime, continued his pat session over the door.

A wide smile plastered over Krishna's face as he loudly claimed, "Your Devrani."

He left from there with a mission in his hand.

A man with a mission to teach his lovely woman a lesson or two before he could conclude their most beautiful love story, but not that easy for now. How was he going to accomplish his mission now...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 2.6K 14
Hello everyone ! First of all, I want to thank you all for your warm reception of my 2 stories, specially the 2nd one. A specially thanks to those...
14.6K 680 35
Her pov Everything is gonna change in One Night. My life will turn upside down so do my dreams. Being forced into this marriage is never in my though...
8.8K 1K 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
22.4K 882 16
First book in Her series ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Was I raised without love? Or was I born unloveable? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Noor...