Fairy Tales Don't Exist

By StarSophie

Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it al... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 : Drake POV
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 : Jax POV
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 : Multiple POV
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT****

Chapter 20

574 27 3
By StarSophie

CHAPTER 20

We arrive at the pack house and there are already quite a lot of cars parked in front of the houses. I can see the light from the bon-fire in the back yard of the main pack house. There seems to be people everywhere. I tell the boys that I’m going to shower and get ready so they take the pizza boxes from my hands.

Making my way through the crowd to get to my room, I’m surrounded by people I’ve never met before and they all seem to be giving me strange looks ,finally arriving in my room I look through my cupboard at all the new clothes Alex picked out for me.

I pick out an emerald green camisole top that has a bow just underneath my breasts, the colour reminds me so much of Jax’s eyes with black shorts and I top it off with a black blazer as well as black wedges to go with. It’s a lot of black but the look works out to be quite formal. 

I jump in the shower and quickly wash my hair with my favorite Jasmine shampoo. As soon as I’m done shaving my legs and washing the rest of my body, I hear the door to the bathroom open and I hear footsteps.

I move the curtain slowly to peek who’s in the bathroom and I see Talon sitting on the bathroom counter between the two sinks.

“Talon! What are you doing in here?” I yell at him.

“I could smell whatever body wash you were using from my room and I just had to come in, it smells so good, what is that?” He says.

“I swear Talon, you come anywhere near this curtain – I will hurt you!” I say as I put the water off and wrap my body in a towel so he won’t be able to see anything. Stepping out of the shower wrapped in a towel i see Talon staring at my body with desire filled eyes.

”My body wash is berry flavored, here take a look, it’s my favorite, you can use it if you like?” I say trying to get him to stop looking at me.

He laughs, “that’s okay Angel, Its pretty girlie and I love that smell on you but if Alpha finds me smelling like you, he may think we were up to no good!” he says as he takes the body wash and smells it with closed eyes.

“I’m going to get changed, you better not come in Talon, I’m warning you!” I leave him still sitting in the bathroom fixated on my shower gel; he probably didn’t hear a word a said.

After getting changed, I quickly towel dry my hair and start looking through the draws in my dressing table. I find a hair dryer and straightener as well as drawers and drawers of make-up.

After blow-drying my hair and straightening it, its silky smooth and long so I decided to leave it down. I only use a little bit of make-up, I put foundation on, and just some eyeliner mascara with some blush on my cheeks. Putting the finishing touches of my pink “candy floss” lip gloss on I hear a knock on my door, “Come in!” I shout.

I see in the refection of my mirror that Tyler and Talon just walked in and they are staring at me, ”What’s wrong? Too dressed up for just a bonfire?” I asked them concerned.

“Wow Lexi! You look amazing!” Talon says.

“You are absolutely beautiful! No it’s perfect! Everyone is dressed up tonight, I think it’s because everyone wants to impress you!” Tyler says as he comes and gives me a hug.

“Ty, we’re going to have a hard time keeping the boys away from her!” Talon says with a naughty smile creeping up on his lips.

Tyler is wearing a button up black shirt with blue jeans and formal shoes just like Talon , except Talon has a navy blue button up shirt with black jeans , both of their shirt sleeves are rolled up to their elbows so it has a formal\informal feel to it. There messy blond hair still has that sexy just out of bed look and it goes with their outfits.

“You both look quite handsome tonight, If I may say so myself!” I say as I move around them to look at the whole view.

They laugh then pull me out of the door; we walk down the stairs with me in the middle and the boys on either side of me, arm in arm.

As the boys lead me to where Alex and Johnny are I can’t help but notice that most of the people that are here are male ,and there's only a few females.

“Why are there so many guys?” I ask the twins.

“You see the female wolves aren’t as wide spread as the males, so obviously the men outnumber the females.  Our pack just has a larger number of males than females, that’s why our females are very precious to us.” Talon winks at me.

The hole of the backyard is decorated with lanterns , there is a white gazebo , where a small band is playing music and food is being served .They even have waiters walking around serving drinks. There is a bonfire but it is in some sort of fancy metal pit.

“This is not like the bonfire we had last weekend?” I tell the boys, "and what happened to the pizza we got? "

“Actually, that was just to get you out the house so they could set this up for you! It’s still a bon-fire but Johnny wanted it to be special because tonight we welcome you to our pack!” Tyler says with a huge grin.

Welcome me to the pack? What does that mean? Oh god! What does that involve, is this some sort of ceremony!

After thinking to myself about this whole party I spot Alex standing by one of the bar tables talking to Johnny and smiling. Alex is wear a tight black dress that comes just below her knee, she’s has curves just like me and it looks good on her, she is wearing dark green platforms with her hair in a tight bun. Johnny is wearing a dark green button up shirt that’s tucked in his black suit pants with his leather shoes, his shirt sleeves are also rolled up revealing his large forearms.

I walk up to them and they smile when they see me.

“We seem to be matching,” I giggle at them and they look at what each other is wearing and what I am wearing and start laughing.

“We definitely are related!” Alex says through laughs.

“Great minds think alike right? And no… Alex and I didn’t co-ordinate what we were wearing we just came out matching, and then you come along matching both of us! What a coincidence!” Johnny says as he chuckles.

“You look breathtaking honey!” Alex says as she gives me a tight hug.

“You look beautiful Alex.” I give her a hug back, “Oh…and thank you guys for all the make-up and accessories that are in my drawer. I love everything!”

Johnny pulls me in for one of his big hugs.

“It’s only a pleasure my love, we missed out on so much of your life ,so now we will spoil you for the rest of it! You deserve that and more! You look absolutely stunning my Angel.” He releases me from his hold and smiles at me and I return his smile.

“What happened to the bon-fire and pizzas?” I tease them and they look at each other, Johnny nods at Alex. Obviously they are doing that mind link thing.

“Well we actually wanted to surprise you. I’ve been planning this since you said you were coming over this weekend. This is a welcoming party to welcome you into our pack and get everyone to meet you.” Alex says holding my hand in hers.

“Don’t worry Angel, this is just a welcoming party, when you turn 18 and finish school we will do the actual ritual and ceremony which I will explain to you when you are ready. Once you are a part of our pack, other packs will be able to know which pack you belong to and since you aren’t living with us we don’t want to risk you staying in another packs territory. So when you decide that you want to come stay with us, then and only then will we perform the ritual. This is only if you even want to be part of the pack?” Johnny asks me.

“Yeah….I think…I do…I mean you guys are more my family than my actual mother seems to be. I was planning on going to college after school but I saw that you guys have a college here too. I guess I have a lot to think about, you know….like with my friends and all that…” I mumble.

“It’s okay honey, you don’t have to rush into anything, take as long as you need to think about everything and we are always be here if you want to ask questions.” Alex says to me and Johnny nods in agreement.

They take me around an introduce me to a lot of different people. I meet a man called Jacob, who is Johnny’s Beta and the twin’s uncle, he looks a lot like the twins.  I’m introduced to quite a few people and I don’t even remember most of their names.

After getting something to snack on Alex takes me around and introduces me to what seems to be the packs most eligible bachelors, much to the twin’s dismay.

She introduces me to a guy named Caleb who looks like he may just devour me, he seems to be in his early twenty’s; he’s tall, like the rest of them, and obviously big built. He has blue eyes and black spiky hair, no doubt he is gorgeous. She introduces me to a couple other guys but Caleb is the only one that stands out, it’s probably the bad boy thing that I’m finding attractive. The other guys had the good boy, gentleman thing going on.

What is wrong with me?

I needed a rest from the crowd so I take a walk to find a secluded bench at the bottom of the garden where the lake starts. Sitting thinking to myself about everything that’s happened and all the people I met. I would love to come and stay here where I feel loved but I don’t know if I could ever leave my friends or even Georgina.

I hear footsteps and the twins laughing from behind me, “Why you sitting here all on your lonesome?” Talon asks me.

“Just tryna get away from the crowd for a bit, I think Alexis trying to set me up with a couple of the guys here? Not sure what her motive is ….but she is up to something.” I say to them and they both growl as they sit down on either side of.

“Ah don’t worry guys! You two are still on the top of my list!” I tease them and they chuckle.

The boys get quiet all of a sudden and I look into Talons face to see a hint of sadness, looking over to Tyler I see the same thing.

“What’s wrong?” I ask them in a quiet voice.

“We lied to you.” Talon blurts out and Tyler’s nods.

“About?” I ask them.

Tyler takes my one hand in his and Talon takes the other, “We told you we didn’t have a mate…but ….we did.” Tyler says with such sadness in his voice.

“We use to be part of the Dark Hound Pack up North, last year one night we got attacked by Rogues. Most of the pack was killed and we were only a small pack, our parents and our mates were amongst the ones killed. It was just our uncle and us that was left. Our pack was friendly with this one so Alpha Jon asked us to stay with them, they are such great people.” Talon trails off in a gruff voice, obviously holding back tears the memories were causing him.

“I’m so sorry, I wish there was something I could do for you guys…I can’t believe it…I’m so sorry guys.” I say as I squeeze their hands and pull each of them into me, they put their heads on my shoulders and breathe in my scent.

“Yeah, sorry to throw all of this on you, we just thought you should know.” Tyler says.

“It’s okay; I’m here for you guys and if you guys ever want to talk, you know where to find me.” I smile at them and the sadness in their faces disappears and is replaced with big toothy grins.

“Okay enough girl-talk lets go dance!” Talon says as he flings me over his shoulder and walks with me up to the back yard, I can hear Tyler chuckling from behind me. I wince when his hand rubs against my tender ribs where I got additions done to my tattoo.

I can’t wait to show them!

We dance for most of the night and Alex joins us , I also dance with Johnny and throughout the dance he has this proud grin on his face. Its a little after midnight and the people have already started to leave until its only Johnny, Alex, the twins and I left sitting around a table. Johnny opens a bottle of champagne and hands each one of us a glass.

“Lets toast to finding our Angel! We are so happy that you are where you belong, you were always part of this family but tonight we made it official so that everyone knows that you are ours and how proud we are of you! Cheers!” Johnny says as we toast and clink our glasses together.

After having a sip I decide to show them my little surprise, standing up and putting my glass down I say, ”Well since you guys decided to surprise me, I also have a little surprise for you…” I take my blazer off and put it on my chair, all four of them have confused looks on their faces.

I lift my shirt revealing the additions to my tattoos. Alex is next to me and she’s the first to notice when I hear her grasp then cover her mouth with her hand and I see tears start falling down her face.

Johnny who was next to Alex gets up from his chair and comes to take a closer look, he smiles and his eyes get watery as his finger gently goes over their names that I have placed between the vines, just like I did my parents. Its small but it can clearly be seen.

“Thank you so much Angel, you don’t know how much this means to me…to us!” Johnny says as he kisses my forehead.

Alex gives me another hug.

”Guess we have matching tattoos too.” I must of looked confused, she starts zipping down the side of her dress and Johnny starts unbuttoning his shirt.

“Ummm okay?” I say, not sure if I should close my eyes.

Alex starts pulling the zipper down to reveal a tattoo. I look closely and I can’t believe what I’m seeing. In large bold writing also along her ribs is my name, well the name they picked for me - Angel, with the date of my birth.

 Johnny takes off his shirt and reveals a much larger tattoo of an Angel in the middle of two wolves , her wings are almost in a protective stance - shielding the wolves , it takes up the whole of his one side and just beneath the tattoo is may name again with my birth date.

“It’s so beautiful! How long have you had them?” I say as I feel tears fall down my face.

“About 17 years, got them just after you were born.” Johnny says with a smile.

I give them both hugs and wipe the tears from my face.

I can’t help but notice that the twins are missing. After saying goodnight to Alex and Johnny I head to my room. I put on pj’s and head to the bathroom to wash my face. I see the door to the boy’s room slightly open and their lights are still on. I peep through and see them both lying on the bed, looking at the celling with dazed looks on their faces.

I walk in and they both spot me.

“Hey boys, what’s wrong?”

“You guys were having a family bonding moment so we thought we would give you space…” Tyler says in in a down voice.

“Well you guys should of stayed, you are my family too you know? You didn’t even get a proper look at my tattoo!” I say as I get on their bed between them and lift my shirt to show them. They both move closely to look at it and Tyler’s hand trails through the names imprinted on my skin.

“Lexi! You didn’t have to do that!” Tyler says when he eventually spots his and Talons names also written between the vines.

Tyler just has this big grin on his face.

“That’s amazing! Thank you...” he says in awe still staring at my tattoo.

“Well like I said, you two are my family as well and you are my protector’s right? So I thought it was only right I got your names too!”

“Thank you so much Lexi, this means so much to us!” Tyler says.

“It’s my pleasure I’m going to bed now boys…” I say as I get up and walk over to the bathroom door, “You guys coming?” I ask them, they have a moment of disbelief at the fact that I asked them to sleep by me, then they both jump off the bed trying to get in my bed first.

Ever since the first night Jax slept beside me, I have trouble sleeping alone. I can easily fall asleep when I feel someone’s warmth beside me, feeling protected from all my thoughts that consume me inside at night when I’m alone trying desperatly to fall asleep.

My bed is large enough that all three of us can fit comfortably inside without us squashing one another. I take a glance at my phone, while I hear the boys beside me already in a deep sleep. I have three messages.

RONNY at 10:27pm: Hey Babez! Just wanted to let u know that ur mom & Amber decided 2 gt outta hand at the pub so Jax helped me take them home, they were pretty pissed! Hope u having a good time, miss you girl! Mwa loves you lots xxx

LEXI at 01:14am: Hope I’m not waking u, thanks so much for helping! Don’t know what I would do without u guys! Can’t wait to spend time with u guys tomor, I’m 2 excited! Nyti nyt Ron, love you more! Xxx

DRAKE at 10:50pm: Hey Lex, just wanted to leave u a message. I’m lying in bed thinking of you. I miss you so much and I can’t wait for you to be back home and in my arms again!

LEXI at 01:15am: Morning babe, hope ur fast asleep by now, dreaming of me. I miss you too. I get to sleep in your arms tonight when I come over! Not too long now. See you in a couple hours xxx.

And the last message…

JAX at 12:15am: My baby Lexi, hope u havin a great time. I know ur probably fast asleep by now but I can’t go 2 sleep without knowing you are just down the hill safe in ur room or even better , next to me. I worry about you all the time…plz don’t hate me for it. I’m so happy I get to see you for the whole day and night, only problem is…you won’t be tucked in my bed at night. Love you Lexi x

I feel a pang in my chest after reading that message, I feel so bad for everything I’m putting him through even though he says he’s happy for my relationship with Drake. I just feel so sad that he has to watch me with Drake and know that I can’t be the same with him as I’m with his best friend.

LEXI at 01:17am: Mornin Jax, I could neva hate u! I love u 2 much! Thanks for helping with mom, u don’t know how lucki I am to hav u guys. I’m xcited too & I’m so sorry that I’m putting u thru this. U know how I feel about you and how I feel about Drake. Love you Jax sweet dreams xxx

DRAKE at 01:18am: You’re awake! No problem Lexi, I’d do anything for you! Don’t stress, as long as I have you in my life I’m happy. You will always be my girl. Let me know when u leave in the mornin & when u get home so I know ur safe. Goodnight my baby.

Smiling to myself, I stick my phone under my pillow and finally fall into a deep sleep surrounded by the warmth from the large bodies beside me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 17.4K 26
cassie white was 10 years old when her mother kassandra white passed away. ever since her mothers death cassie has been abused emotionally and physic...
210 56 14
Jazlyn and Jason were best friends. They knew everything about each other each other and they spent a lot of time together. That is, until Jason sudd...
155K 3.9K 62
"The only way out is through." ***Warning: Is very triggering. Lots of detailed descriptions of abuse*** When your life turns into a nightmare and so...
13.3M 365K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...