Hello, I Love You

By Kaleigh_James

Kylie Thompson has had enough with being responsible. Her marriage of 8 years has fallen to pieces, and her e... More

Chapter 1 - Welcome to LA
Chapter 2 - On Set with Medusa
Chapter 3 - Pizza Pasts and Passion
Chapter 4 - Trailer Trash Talk
Chapter 5 - Beaches and Cream
Chapter 6 - Adventurous Accountants
Chapter 7 - Late Night Visitor
Chapter 8 - Backstage Tour
Chapter 9 - Date, Interrupted
Chapter 10 - A Failed Seduction
Chapter 11 - Dinner and a Movie
Chapter 13 - In Da Club
Chapter 14 - The Interview

Chapter 12 - The Fake Lives of Celebrities

760 51 3
By Kaleigh_James

Patrick snuggled against the warm body in his arms. He tucked his head into the crook between Kylie's neck and shoulder and inhaled her intoxicating jasmine scent. Smiling to himself, he thought that having her in his arms was such a lovely dream he hoped that he never woke. Settling into the cozy mattress, he slowly drifted back to sleep, unaware that his "dream" was actually reality.

Several hours later, the door of his room was flung open, and the shouting of a dark-haired heartthrob woke Patrick from his much needed rest.

"David, what the hell are you doing in my house?" Patrick growled loudly.

David froze momentarily, a goofy grin on his face. Patrick looked at David in consternation before slowly realizing that he was wrapped around another body. He smirked when he glanced toward his legs, which were currently entwined with Kylie's. Her head rested on his chest. He chuckled when he realized that she wasn't going to wake to the loud noise and sudden movement.

"Why are you here, Dave?" Paddy grumbled.

David's face became immediately serious, and he lifted a gossip magazine into the air.

"That bitch!" David yelled. "I know she's behind this." He threw the gossip rag onto Patrick's lap. Patrick tried to shift gently on the bed, but he finally had to separate himself from Kylie. He grimaced at the lack of contact when he settled her next to him on the bed. The woman could sleep through a hurricane.

Lifting the magazine, Patrick's gaze was instantly focused on the front page photo. It was taken the night before when he and Valerie were walking to his apartment building. He was gazing at her as she lifted her hand behind his neck. The two looked as if they were about to kiss, and Valerie looked legitimately in love.

"Something you want to tell me, mate?' David questioned, his voice solemn.

"Dave, you know these guys will take a picture and make their own story," Patrick protested. He paused for a moment, his brows scrunched together in concentration. "I remember this!" he said excitedly. "We were walking from the car to the building, and Valerie asked me about the delivery of one of her lines. I don't remember what all she said," he admitted. "I was too focused on Kylie being out with Trent."

David nodded in understanding. He gestured to the headline, which read Secret Romance on the Blood Feud Set? Friend of the couple confirms lead actors in serious relationship.

"What are you going to do?" David questioned, his eyes darting between Patrick and Kylie.

"What do you mean? I'm going to ignore it. It will go away when the story doesn't gain steam."

David looked at Patrick like he'd lost his mind.

"Paddy, do you really think after all this time of you living in this apartment building without being discovered, the paparazzi just happened to find you?" He shook his head in disbelief. "You KNOW that Valerie is probably behind this," he grumbled.

Patrick's brows knit together once more as his brain struggled to wake completely. He needed all of his mental faculties to handle this situation. David was right. Valerie was probably at fault, but he had no proof.

"Paddy, hundred bucks says she claims it's true. What will Kylie think of that?"

His heart skipped a beat when he thought of the damage such a public claim would cause on his potential relationship with Kylie.

"Then I guess I've got to cut this off at the pass," Patrick growled, climbing from the bed and throwing on a pair of jeans. He marched from the room, David close behind, as Patrick planned his next move.

***

"So, you are saying that there is no truth to the article in CelebLife Magazine?" the radio deejay asked skeptically.

"There is absolutely NO truth to any of it," Patrick confirmed. "That picture was taken when my co-star and I were discussing an upcoming scene. She was asking about a possible approach, and I stated my opinion. Valerie Michaels and I have never been more than co-workers."

"Women across the world are probably sighing in relief to know you are still on the market, Patrick."

Patrick chuckled politely.

"I didn't exactly say that, Rob." The words were out of Patrick's mouth before his mental filter could stop them. David looked at him in shock, jaw open, and Patrick struggled to continue his thought.

"So, there IS a special lady?"

"Let's just say that I am open to a relationship with the right girl." Patrick smiled, relieved that he had fixed his faux pas.

"So, final answer. There is nothing between you and Valerie Michaels?"

"She's my co-star, Rob. That's it."

"A lot of men probably think you're crazy, Patrick. If she ever said to you, 'Hey, let's try this relationship thing', what would you say?"

"Rob," Patrick groaned. "You're putting me in a tight spot, man."

"So? Would you ever date Valerie Michaels?" Rob asked again.

"You are going to get me into so much trouble, dude. The answer to your question is no. Valerie and I just aren't compatible in that way. She's very talented, and she's a beautiful woman, but she and I just aren't suited for a relationship."

"Alright, you heard it here first, folks. Patrick Gallagher says there is no truth to today's article in CelebLife Magazine, and ladies? He's still free for the right woman. Thanks for calling, Patrick."

"Thanks for having me, Rob."

Patrick disconnected the call and groaned. This day was going to be such a pain in the ass. Thankfully, he only had to film some scenes until early afternoon. He should be able to start his weekend as early as one o'clock if everyone was on point and off script.

"Dude, you better hope Medusa didn't hear that interview," David warned.

"At this point, Dave, I really couldn't give a shit. I'm more worried about Kylie seeing the article before I convince her to give me a chance."

David laughed. "You're really going to ignore your sister, huh?" he teased, his blue eyes twinkling.

"You've seen her, David, and you've met her," Patrick answered, knowing nothing else needed to be said.

"Yeah," David nodded. "She's definitely a keeper."

"And hopefully she'll never find out about that stupid article. Then, I might actually be able to keep her." He grinned at the wonderful thought.

***

Kylie wrapped her towel tightly around her body and hurried across the bedroom to answer her ringing phone. She smirked when she saw the caller ID.

"Hey, bitch! How's the Sunshine State?" she laughed into the phone.

"Not much different, girl," came the melodic voice on the other end of the call. "Humid and hot. I figure it's probably the same in LA."

"Throw in a little smog, Mia, and I think you are absolutely right," Kylie joked as she began digging in her suitcase for an outfit that she could wear to the club.

"So, I was thinking that I might head that way on Sunday and ride back to Florida with you," Mia advised, a smile evident in her voice.

"Seriously!" Kylie squealed. "You're going to take a week off work to take a road trip with me!" She could hardly contain her excitement. "We'll be like Thelma and Louise!"

Mia's laugh echoed across the phone line. "I don't plan to drive off any cliffs, but I was thinking that it was high time for me to visit my little brother, and I am long overdue for a vacation. Spending the week with my best friend didn't seem to be a bad way to do it."

"Oh, Meems. I'm so excited!" Kylie slipped on her red silk panties and began to put on her bra. "When will you be here?"

"I was thinking I'd fly over tomorrow or Sunday," Mia answered. "I've got to finish my current project, so once I'm done I'll purchase the ticket."

"Have you told Paddy yet?" Kylie blushed as she remembered the way he had looked the previous night when she'd been so certain he was going to kiss her.

"No, girl. Wanted to see what you thought first."

"Well, I think it's a genius idea," Kylie grinned. She stepped into a black halter dress and walked across the room to look in the mirror. The dress was short and clung to every curve. She shifted to see it from all angles and smiled happily when she decided it was the perfect dress for the club.

"Kylie, have you met Valerie Michaels?" Mia asked tentatively.

Kylie's movements stilled.

"Yeah. She's the crazy lunatic I told you about from that traffic accident the first day I was in LA." Bemused, Kylie continued. "She also verbally attacked me the day I visited the set of Blood Feud."

The line was silent for a moment.

"Meems, you okay?"

"Why would he keep this from me?" Mia whispered, as if speaking to herself.

"Mia, what's going on?" Kylie asked, her words filled with concern. She crossed the room and sat on the bed.

"Kylie, are you near a television?"

"I can be," Kylie answered.

"Go turn it to TMZ," Mia ordered.

Befuddled as she was at the request, Kylie hurried into the living room and turned on the television, heart sinking at the sight that met her when Patrick's face flashed across the screen.

***

The day had been longer than Patrick had expected. It had only been worse when he'd run into Valerie. She was definitely pissed by his early morning interview. The entire cast and crew was on edge as "Medusa" went on the rampage. She'd cause two grips and a make-up artist to be fired, and she'd pitched a royal tantrum in the middle of filming the final morning scene, which caused the filming to extend almost to dinner time. On top of all that frustration, media outlets (especially gossip magazines and entertainment television shows) were constantly bombarding Patrick's publicist for comment on his non-existent relationship with Valerie.

All in all, Patrick was completely exhausted, and he was totally ready for the weekend. He hoped to use the time to convince Kylie to try a relationship with him, even if it had to be long distance. He marveled at the change just a few days could make. Not a week before, he'd been regretting the decision to let her stay at his apartment, and now he wished she'd never leave.

"Patrick, thank God I caught you!"

Patrick turned to see a sharply dressed middle-aged woman who was currently gasping for air. She held her hand in the air, indicating she needed a moment to catch her breath.

"Is everything okay, Marta?" he asked, wondering why his publicist had chased him through the studio lot.

"Ms. Michaels confirmed to TMZ that you two are, in fact, in a relationship. She claimed your denial was because she had requested that you both keep the relationship secret. She even hinted that you have discussed marriage. The story is airing on television right now."

Patrick groaned and stared at the woman in front of him.

"I think you should call them with a response," she prodded, handing him a cell phone. "I know you're going to do whatever you want to do, but I do want to point out that a relationship between the two lead actors of Blood Feud would do wonders for the show's ratings. The publicity of the coupling would be fantastic for your career."

Marta frowned, her disappointment etched into each wrinkle on her face. She knew that Patrick wasn't swayed as easily as many of her other clients. She hoped he would play along and confirm the fake relationship, but if his attitude that day had been an indicator, she'd have an easier time selling ice to an Eskimo.

"Sorry, Marta," Patrick murmured. He felt almost remorseful to let her down, but he couldn't claim he had a relationship with Valerie. Grabbing the cell phone from the woman, Patrick leaned against his car and called the number she had pre-dialed. He had to do some damage control.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 485 31
Mia had a best friend, but this friend is no one you would ever imagine. It's Cameron Boyce... She moved, and hasn't spoken to him ever since he star...
196K 5.3K 24
This story belongs to @Amberwolf2377 go follow her by May 3rd because my account is about to be deleted.
1.2M 16.7K 12
In a world where love can be a twisted game, where no happy ever after actually exists. Stephanie Anderson once married her high school sweetheart Ma...
26K 532 82
"I may have had a few, but that doesn't change the way I think about you." Nick Jonas is enjoying the single life, whilst his brother Joe is enjoyin...