Last First Kiss #Wattys2014

By KathleenCansis

The One Direction boys didn't know that someone named Lexi Higgins exists. Neither did they know that she is... More

PLEASE READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Author's Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Thank You, Goodbye For Now

Chapter 33

40.2K 1K 168
By KathleenCansis

"Maybe we should have called the boys and told them we were coming over to visit them," Perrie says for the hundredth time as the elevator takes us to the sixth floor of the hotel. "What if you got the hotel address wrong and we suddenly barge into the wrong room?" she asks, thinking of the worst case scenario that could possibly happen. "Or - "

"Per, I'm pretty sure our boyfriends wouldn't lie to us about the hotel their staying at," I say, cutting her off, "Besides, where would the surprise and fun be if we told them we were coming over?" The elevator doors open, and we three step outside with our suitcases behind us. "Although I feel quite guilty not calling Liam back after hanging up on him like that," I say, feeling really guilty now that I had said it. Once we had landed in France, I had more than twenty missed calls from Liam and over thirty messages from him. I really wanted to call him and reply to his messages, but Per and El didn't allow me to. It would ruin the surprise, they claimed.

El laughs. "He's probably pulling all his hair off his head by now," she says jokingly. I pout and cross my arms. What if that made Liam worry so much? Maybe I should have called him back. Anyways, too late now.

"Room 6A," Perrie says, giving out a huge dramatic sigh before she opens the door and peeks her head in. A few seconds later, she opens the door widely with a huge smile on her face. "I don't think anyone's hooomeee," she says in a melodic tune as she steps inside the hotel.

"Why would they leave their hotel room unlocked?" I ask, following Perrie inside, I take a look around the place. "And what if Per's right and this isn't their hotel room?" I add, taking another look around the place.

El sits on the couch. "I'm pretty sure this is the one," El says confidently. Perrie and I look at her with each an eyebrow raised, questioning her confidence. "Those are Louis' TOMS right there," she says.

"How could you be so sure?" Perrie asks, "There are lots of TOMS like those in malls and not only Louis has those."

"Because I bought those for him and look, there are his initials on it," El replies and points at the TOMS. She was right. We could see Louis' initials: L.W.T. "Where are the boys anyways?" she asks.

"Probably in an interview, fan signing or meet and greet," I reply. "I'm going to look for Liam's room to put my suitcase in," I say. The two girls nod in reply.

I check all four bedrooms and still I haven't found Liam's. I check the last bedroom and finally it was Liam's. How did I know? Easy. It was the cleanest bedroom in the hotel suite. Liam's room was spotless. Trust me, if you were here to see it, you wouldn't believe that it belongs to a boy.

I drop my suitcase in the closet, not bothering to unpack. I walk back to the living room to see El and Perrie seated on the couch with popcorn in hand. I smile and sit next to El as I joined them in watching "Titanic".

"We will video who ever cries first and then we'll post in on Keek and Instagram for the world to see," El says. "Deal?" she asks.

"Deal," I say. I've watched this movie millions of times. I don't think I will ever shed a tear again. I hope.

"El, we all know that you will be the first person to cry. You're too emotional," Perrie says, taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it in her mouth.

"Shush," El says, eyes focused on the movie, "Just go along with it."

Surely, while we were at the scene where Jack was sinking down to the ice cold ocean with Rose constantly screaming his name, El had finished using up a box of tissue while Perrie recorded her.

"I told you so," Perrie says, grinning wildly. El blocks the camera as she blows her nose. "A deal's a deal, El." El groans, making Perrie and I laugh.

The door suddenly opens and in comes an angry Liam followed by Niall. "Maybe she's just asleep," Niall says. "Or her phone died and her charger ran away from her?" he suggests. Liam walks angrily towards his bedroom and shuts it behind him with a bang. He didn't even see us as he passed by the couch. Which meant that he was really mad. Really mad.

"Oh, hey Lexi," Niall says once he sees me. "And Perrie and El." he takes his shoes off. "Wait, what?" he shouts, eyes going wide as he looks back at the three of us, finally realizing that we were actually there even though we weren't supposed to be. "What are you doing here?" he asks, smiling widely as he runs towards us. I stand up and give him a hug.

"Nice to see you too, Niall," I say, messing up his hair.

"We thought we'd surprise you boys," El says, standing up as she gives him a hug. "Where's my Lou?" she asks.

"They're on their way up. They'll be thrilled to see you three," Niall replies, still smiling widely.

"Where's my hug?" Perrie complains crossing her arms. Niall chuckles and gives her a hug. Just in time for the boys to enter the hotel suite.

"El, Perrie and Lexi are here!" he shouts. The three other boys immediately run towards the living room. I swear, Louis and Zayn smiles reached up to their ears once they saw their girlfriends.

"Where's Liam and how come he's not all over Lexi?" Harry asks, looking around the room.

"He's in his bedroom. Still quite mad," Niall replies, looking quite worried.

"I could tell. He didn't even notice us three seated on the couch when he passed by," I say. "What's he so mad about, anyways?" I ask, crossing my fingers as I hoped it wasn't because of me.

"Someone didn't bother to reply to his messages or to even return his calls," Louis says, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Hey! It was your girlfriends idea!" I say, pointing at El.

She smiles. "You better go sort it out with your boyfie. If he's still mad, I'll rip his head off," El says, making me laugh. That line was getting quite old though.

"You can be so feisty sometimes, love," Louis says as he wraps his arms around El's waist. "I love it," he adds, making El giggle.

I turn my heels and walk towards Liam's room. I knock, but there was no answer. I step inside and sit on the bed as I hear the shower running. He's probably taking a bath to calm down his nerves. I am so dead. He's so mad at me. I mean, why wouldn't he be? I didn't reply to his messages and didn't even return to his calls after hanging up on him like that. Goodness, he must have been crazy worried.

Liam finally steps out of the bathroom with his hair still wet and a few drops of water running down his bare chest with only a towel wrapping his lower part of the body. Once he sees me sitting on the bed, he smiles widely as if he had just been given a thousand turtles, or whatever. He runs up to me and gives me a very tight hug, lifting me off the bed as he spun us around. "I missed you," he says.

"I missed you too," I reply.

He pulls away to look at my face. "Are you for real? Or is this just a dream? Because if it's a dream, I never want to wake up because then you'd be gone. Although, it would have been the best dream I've had for days."

"Cheesy," I say teasingly while laughing. "It's real. I'm here," I say.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"Would you rather me leave?" I ask, pretending to move away from him but he tightens his grip around my waist.

He shakes his head. "No. Never," he replies with a serious face.

I laugh at his reaction. "El, Perrie and I thought we'd surprise you since we missed our boyfriends terribly," I say, feeling my cheeks turning red as the words leave my mouth. Before he could reply, I spoke, "And I'm sorry I didn't call you back or reply to your messages. El told me not to since it might ruin the surprise. I know it got you all worried because you even failed to notice us three sitting on the couch when you passed us by. I'm a terrible girlfriend and you probably hate me right now, but I'm sorry for making you worry like crazy."

He smiles lovingly at me as he brushes a strand of hair and tucks it behind my ear. "Yes," he nods, admitting. "I was quite mad about it and it worried me like crazy." He pulls me closer to him as our foreheads rest against each other. "But you are not a terrible girlfriend and I could never hate you. Never in a million years. No matter how worried you make me, I will never hate you. I'd hate myself at even the thought of it."

I smile back at him with my heart pounding in my chest. "I love you, Lexi. And it hurts me to know that you would even think I'd hate you. You should know better."

I look into his eyes. "I'm really sorry," I say, biting my lower lip.

"Just promise me you won't do it again - hanging up on me like that and not replying to my messages or calls. Goodness, I thought I was going to die from a heart attack," he says.

"Now I feel even worse," I say in a whisper, feeling really guilty.

"Don't be. I forgive you, love," he says, hugging me tightly and I hug him back.

After realizing that he had no shirt on and only a towel wrapped around his waist, I pull away - breaking the hug. Liam looks at me, confused and worried. "What's wrong?" he asks, cocking his head to the side.

"I - um - your," I say, stuttering. I couldn't find the words to say because it was quite embarrassing. I'm being such a pussy. I can usually handle lads with bare chests and only a towel wrapped around their waist, but with Liam, goodness, I can't even handle it. He looks like a Greek God for crying out loud. And this is the first time I'm seeing him half-naked so no, I can't handle it. I can't handle his hotness.

Liam finally understands what I mean and he starts laughing. I pout and he stops, looking at me straight in the eyes. "Lexi Higgins, does me being half-naked bother you?" he asks. I think of a safe answer but before I could reply, he interrupts. "It does!" he says, sounding really amused.

"No, it doesn't! I'm not a pussy and I can totally handle you half-naked," I lie.

"Liar," he replies. He suddenly wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him. Like really close. "It does bother you, does it? Are my abs too sexy for you?" he asks.

I snort. "And I thought Zayn was the vain one," I say, making him laugh.

"Admit it, you think I'm hot," he says with a huge grin on his face. He leans closer to me, our faces only inches apart.

I shake my head. "I'm sorry, but Daddy told me never to lie," I say in a kiddy voice.

He laughs. "You are so going to regret saying that," he says, shaking his head. I look at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, please! What could you do that can make me regret saying -" but he cut me off because before I knew it, he started tickling me. I started laughing like a hyena. I have always been a very ticklish person. "Liam! Please stop!" I say between my laughter.

He doesn't stop though. Instead, he continues tickling me - causing me to laugh even harder. I fall on my back on the bed, causing Liam to fall on me. Once he does, he finally stops tickling me and smiles widely. "Now, last chance, love. Say that I am the hottest person you have ever met," he says.

I chuckle. He shows me both of his index fingers, threatening to tickle me again. I shake my head. "You are the hottest person I've ever met," I say. He smiles, contented and happy with what I said. "But only with your shirt off," I add, laughing.

"Hey! I'm hot even with a shirt on!" he says. He starts tickling me again, making me laugh so hard my belly hurt.

"Liam! Please! Stop!" I say between my laugh.

"Never!" he says playfully as he keeps tickling me.

I swear I'm going to die if he doesn't stop. My eyes are now full of tears from laughing too much. My belly hurts like crazy. I'm going to die.

The door suddenly opens. "Liam! Lexi! We better -" Louis' head peeks in the room and once he sees us on the bed with Liam on top of me, his eyes go wide and he covers his mouth with his hand. He immediately closes the door and we can hear him shout, "Lexi and Liam are playing dirty!"

We could hear running footsteps running towards the room. Before Liam could get off me, the door bursts wide open and there stand Harry, Zayn and Niall with their eyes wide open. Louis stands behind them, smiling.

"Wow. You two just got together a few minutes ago, and already?!" Zayn says, making Liam blush. He gets off me and stands up as I sit up on the bed.

"I thought only I knew how to play dirty," Harry says, with a smirk on his face. "I'm proud, Liam," he says, clapping his hands.

I groan, walking over towards the three lads who were standing by the door. I mess Harry's hair. "You lads disgust me," I say. Harry glares at me for messing with his hair while I just stick my tongue out at him.

"So, how many are you and Liam planning to have?" Niall asks, taking me by surprise. I punch his arm and he shouts in pain. Yes, I know how to punch. "Ouch!" he shouts.

"Niall! I thought you were innocent and pure! I'm so disappointed in you," I say jokingly.

He laughs. "Well, I've been spending quite time with Harry, so yeah," he replies, making us all laugh.

"Let's leave the room so Liam can change," I say, pushing the four boys out of the room. I close the door behind us and we head towards the living room. El and Perrie were seated on the couch and I immediately walk towards them, sitting between the two.

"Is it true?" El asks, smiling.

I laugh. "No. Liam was tickling me and I fell on the bed and he fell on top of me. Louis thought wrong," I reply.

"Whatever you say, Lexi!" Louis says teasingly. I shoot him a death glare and he just sticks his tongue out at me. "You two were full-on snogging," he claims.

"We were not!" I say.

"Lexi's blushing!" Zayn teases, causing everyone else to laugh.

"I am not!" I say, though I can feel my cheeks turning red. "You boys are unbelievable!"

"But admit it, you love us," Harry says, wriggling his eyebrows at me.

"But not as much as she loves me," Liam says, stepping into the living room. I jump up from the couch and run towards him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He gets quite surprised at my gesture but he hugs me back with much enthusiasm as mine. Goodness, I miss hugging him.

"No! She loves me more!" Harry says, pretending to get mad.

"She loves me more because unlike you, I don't tease her!" Liam says, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

Harry pouts and crosses his arms in front of him. This made us all laugh. "See? Daddy Direction has my back," I say, sticking my tongue out at Harry. Harry sticks his tongue out back at me.

"Ok. Enough, I'm hungry." Niall says. "Let's go."

"I am so with Niall on this one!" Perrie says, standing up from the couch. These two are so alike when it comes to food. They can eat a whole menu without gaining weight. It's crazy. The lads nod and they head towards the door.

"I didn't even have the chance to change," I complain, before we stepped out of the hotel room.

Liam looks at me with a sweet smile on his face. "You don't need to," he says. "You always look lovely." I blush at his words, making his smile even wider. Liam holds my hand, keeping me by his side at all times. Before we head out the door, he kisses my lips lightly, making me blush even more.

-----

We arrive at the Eiffel Tower. The boys had decided to have dinner here. I didn't even bother to complain. This place was amazing. I mean, duh, it's Paris. We got privileged seating by the window with the Trocadero view. The view was breathtaking. The city looked so beautiful at night with all the bright lights.

After dinner, a slow song started playing and Liam looks at me. "Can I have this dance?" he asks, extending his hand towards me.

I take it and smile, "I'd love to," I reply.

We stand up and walk towards the center. There were also a few couples slow dancing to the song. It was romantic. Liam wrapped his arms around my waist while I did the same around his neck. We just slow dance, looking into each other's eyes.

It feels so good to be back in his arms. It feels amazing to be back in his arms, to feel his touch, to see his smile, to hear his voice, to look into his eyes and to be with him at this very moment. I missed him terribly. I know, I've said it lots of times, but it's true.

"This place is so amazing," I say, looking around the place then back to Liam's eyes.

He smiles. "Not as amazing as you," he says.

I chuckle. "Oh and the view is so beautiful. With all the lights and all," I tell him.

"But not as beautiful as you," Liam says, making me laugh.

"Are you seriously going to change everything I say into something cheesy?" I ask.

He chuckles. "Only if it means that it will compliment you and your beauty," he says.

"Okay. That's it. You're full-on cheesy. What did the boys do to you while you were away?" I ask.

He smiles. "They did nothing wrong. It's because I missed you so much. Because I missed having you in my arms. I missed being able to hug you. I missed cuddling with you at night. I missed staring into your eyes as we fall asleep. I missed waking up to you by my side. I missed your laugh. I missed your beautiful smile. I missed your touch. And I missed being able to look into your eyes and tell you how much I love you," he says.

Okay, my cheeks were so red, it was embarrassing. I didn't know what to say. With what he said, only did I realize that this was real. What Liam and I have is real. And it's rare. Our love for each other is true. We have the kind of love that could move the mountains. The kind of love that makes this world go around. The kind of love that would never fade away. But it's not the kind of love that you find in fairytales or movies. No, our love is not like that.

Our love is much better. Way better.

Oh gosh, and to think that I call Liam "cheesy". I'm becoming cheesy myself!

I leaned in and gave him a long kiss, hoping that through this, he'll know how much I love him. He'll know how much he means to me. He'll know how crazy I am about him. He'll know how important he is in my life.

"I love you," he whispers, resting his forehead against mine.

I smile. "I love you more," I say.

He chuckles. "That's clearly not possible," he says, "You have no idea how much I love you."

"Oh really?" I ask teasingly.

"I have never told you this before, but once I saw you in our dressing room - something inside me told me that you're the one. The one I've been waiting for. And I was right. You're completely different - in the very best way possible. I believe it was fate. Fate made us meet that night. You could have left our dressing room before we came back, but you didn't. You could've not come to our concert that night, but you did. Fate had it all planned. And I couldn't have had it any other way."

"I know I sound like a really cheesy hormonal teenage girl right now, but it's true. I love you Lexi. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. No matter how far we may be from each other, you are always in my heart and in my every day thoughts. Not a day goes by when I don't think of you. And now matter how hard it is for us to be away from each other, we can make this work," he says.

I look at him, feeling the tears starting to form at the corner of my eyes. Before I could stop it, a tear rolls down my cheek. He looks down at me, worried at the sight of the tear. "Are you okay, love?" he asks worriedly.

I nod. "Yeah. Something irritated my eye," I say. What a lame excuse!

He laughs. "Whatever you say, love," He leans in and kisses me again.

How in the world did I get so lucky to have such an incredible boyfriend. What did I do to have someone like Liam in my life? The odds are clearly in my favor. This relationship has been the greatest thing ever.

And I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

-:-:-:-:-:-

There goes chapter 33!  

I'm so SORRY for making you all wait. I feel really bad. I had to write this chapter all over again because the laptop I use got reformatted and I type my chapters in Microsoft Word first so, yeah. I hope you liked this chapter and that it was worth the wait. Sorry if it was too cheesy or boring. So sorry.

THANK YOU FOR READING. I can't believe that this story already has half a million reads even if it's only been up for two months. It's so crazy. You are all so amazing. Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow! Send me a message if you want a dedication!

To all those who sent me covers for my next story "Summer Love", THANK YOU SO MUCH. I appreciate all the effort, though I have yet to pick one. If you're interested in making a cover, just send me a message so I can tell you the details. Once I find the perfect cover and finish with the plot for the story, I will post the description of the story along with the sneak peek. And I will post the first chapter once I complete this story.

Remember, in the next chapter, I will promote a story written by the first three people who comments on this chapter. The question for this chapter is:

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU BUMPED INTO ONE OF THE BOYS WHILST WALKING AROUND THE MALL?

Comment your answers down below! I read every single one of them!

I'd like you all to know that this story was supposedly to take place five years in the future (read chapter 2) but I changed it to present due to my own reasons. I hope it doesn't confuse anyone. And I added a few things to chapter 11, explaining why I titled this story "Last First Kiss". You can read it again if you want. Up to you. :)

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT, 

Katie :)) xxx

MUST READ:

1. "The Bachelor" - @i_luv_boobear1 

2. "The Thin Line" - @Rachel_Morgan 

3. "Don't Wanna Be Without You" - @gracenoelle11

SHOUT OUTS FOR BEST ANSWERS:

1. @Imross6 

2. @allycat1996 

3. @holduphazza

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

805K 18.5K 30
Hi, my name is Delilah Payne. I'm seventeen years old and I'm hidden. Why? Well, you might have guessed by my last name that Liam Payne from One Dire...
8.6K 111 23
Lexi is just a normal teen.Who am i kidding her sister is Taylor swift.Her sister takes her so a one direction concert but the problem is that Lexi d...
24.9K 445 7
I believe in lots of things. I believe in not having...it...til you're married. I don't like cussing. Even though tons of people cuss at me, I change...
56.8K 1K 47
Just another girl who spent her teenage years obsessing over a boy band namely One Direction, using her grey eyes to admire the perfect boys, especia...