Last First Kiss #Wattys2014

By KathleenCansis

The One Direction boys didn't know that someone named Lexi Higgins exists. Neither did they know that she is... More

PLEASE READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Thank You, Goodbye For Now

Chapter 31

42.3K 905 111
By KathleenCansis

"Make sure to call every single day," Aunt Jenna says, giving me another hug. I smile at her as I give her suitcase to her. She takes it from me and sighs, "I can't wait till you come back to America,"

"I will make sure to call you every day, I promise," I reassure her.

Alice chuckles and gives me a hug. "Mom's way over the top," she says, releasing me from her hug. "But do make sure to call us every single day," she adds.

I laugh at her. "Of course. And you need to find an apartment close to our home in New York," I tell her.

She nods. "I will keep looking for one. And if I don't. I think Liam won't mind if I stayed with you two," she says jokingly.

I slap her arm softly. "He will mind." She laughs and rubs her arm as their flight gets called for boarding. "You two better go. You wouldn't want to miss your flight back to America," I say.

They both nod and they grab their suitcases. Aunt Jenna gives me one last hug. "Take good care of yourself," she whispers in my ear. I nod in reply. They walk towards their boarding gate as I stand there, waving goodbye.

I walk out of the airport, glad that I hadn't parked my car too far away. A few steps later, I reached my car and my phone beeps. I take it out of my pocket as I unlock my car. I had received a message from Anthony,

Anthony:

Got any plans for this morning? Would you like to grab some breakfast?

I smile at the thought. Breakfast would be perfect. I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast earlier because we were running late. Alice took forever in the bathroom so we had to rush, leaving us no time for breakfast. I type in my reply hurriedly as I slide in the driver seat, buckling my seatbelt.

Me:

Sure. Meet you at Starbucks in a couple of minutes?

A few seconds after I send my reply, my phone beeps indicating that he had already replied to my message.

Anthony:

Great! See you!

I don't bother to send a reply as I drive out of my parking space. I turn on the radio and sing along as one of my favorites was being played. I tap my finger on the steering wheel to the beat of it.

I really wanna love somebody 

I really wanna dance the night away 

I know we're only halfway there  

But you can take me all the way, take me all the way 

I really wanna touch somebody 

I think about you every single day.....

I sigh as a picture of Liam comes to mind. I miss him so much, it's crazy. I can't wait to see him again. To feel his touch, to hear his angelic voice, to see the smile that could give me a heart attack because of its perfection, and to simply hear his voice calling my name.

This distance thing totally sucks. Being far away from him and not seeing him every single day is probably one of the hardest thing ever. But we both have no choice but to embrace it. Love comes with sacrifices, and being away from each other is one of them.

I shake the thought away, knowing that if I keep thinking about him - it would only make me miss him more.

I drive over to Starbucks and arrive there in just a few minutes since there wasn't much traffic on the way. As I park my car in front of Starbucks, I spot Anthony sitting by the window. Once I get out of my car, he sees me and waves eagerly. I smile and wave back at him as I enter.

"Hey there," he greets as I walk over towards where he was seated. "How you doing?" he asks, as I take a seat accross from him.

"I'm doing great, thanks," I reply, placing my bag beside me. "You?" I ask, fixing my hair because it was probably quite a mess.

He smiles. "I'm doing fine," he replies. "So, what would you like to order?" he asks, handing me the menu. I take it from him and read it over.

A waiter approaches and I tell him my order. "I'll have the sausage and cheddar classic breakfast coffee and a cup of hot chocolate."

Anthony smiles and looks at the waiter, "Make that two please." The waiter nods as he writes down our order and walks away.

"So," he says, crossing his arms on the table in front of him. "I hear that you got a great job in an art gallery in New York."

I smile. "Yeah, I did," I say. "But how did you know that?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

He chuckles. "Well, you should try googling yourself. You're dating a celebrity so a lot of people are very much interested in knowing everything about you," he replies.

"Oh," I say in reply, still processing what he had said. Google? People were interested in knowing things about me? Why? It's not like I'm a celebrity. This is just so crazy.

"And about your boyfriend, won't it be hard for you two since you'll be over in New York while he's here in London and other places in the world? Won't it be hard for you two to see each other?" he asks.

"Yes, it will be difficult for us to see each other frequently but that doesn't mean it won't work out," I tell him, quite surprised at how interested he seemed in my relationship with Liam.

He sighs. "Well, it only widens the possiblity of your boyfriend cheating on you again," he says.

I look at him in surprise. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"It was all over the news," he says. "Him, kissing the blonde girl he's having an affair with," he adds.

I scoff. "Liam is not cheating on me," I tell him.

"What makes you so sure?" he asks.

"Because he said so," I reply.

He laughs. "And how are you so sure that he's not lying to you? Come on, Lexi! Open your eyes! He's a celebrity for goodness sake. He can have any girl in the world in a blink of an eye. Do you really think that him kissing that blonde girl was nothing and all just a misunderstanding? You're only fooling yourself!" he says, "Liam is obviously like all the other celebrities who have hundreds of girlfriends, all from different places. And those girls don't even have a single clue about it."

That was it, I've had enough.

"I am sick of you people telling me that Liam is cheating on me because I know that he would never do such a thing. I trust Liam because I love him. You don't even know him, so how could you say that about him? Get a life and stop meddling with other people's business," I say, standing up and grabbing my bag. I walk away, too mad to look back to see his expression.

"I'm only looking out for you, Lexi," Anthony says, grabbing my arm as he stops me from walking out. People inside have turned their heads, watching our every move.

"I don't want to make a scene here. Please, leave me alone," I say softly, hoping that he'd let go of my arm. He does so, releasing his grip slowly.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt. I'm worried about you," He says, looking into my eyes.

I chuckle. "As long as I'm with Liam, I'm in good hands. So you have nothing to worry about," I tell him, walking out of the place. I run over to my car, hoping that no one was around to see me crying. Once I get inside my car, I take my phone out, scrolling through my contacts.

I stop at the name of the two people I really need to talk to. The two people who will always manage to cheer me up. Eleanor and Perrie.

Care for some girl time? I need someone to talk to. xxx

I send it to both of them and they immediately reply.

El:

Sure, hon. Perrie and I will be over at your place in a few minutes. xoxo

Perrie:

On our way! <3

I smile at their replies as I start the engine.

-

"How dare he say that?" El says, getting really mad after I told them what Anthony had said to me a while ago. "Who does he think he is?"

We were in my living room back home. El and Perrie had arrived a few minutes after I did. Perrie and I were seated on the couch while El sat on the center table. I really hope it won't break though.

"Okay," Perrie says, trying to calm El down before she goes berserk. "He probably said that only because he has feelings for Lexi. It's clearly obvious."

I stare at her. "But that still doesn't give him an excuse to judge Liam like that," I say, shaking my head. "You know what? Let's just ignore him. He can say whatever he wants to about Li. And I won't care because I know he's completely wrong about Liam."

"That's my girl!" Perrie says, smiling widely.

"And, you should really stop seeing Anthony. Once you get spotted by people or most especially, the paparazzi, they will think that you are the one cheating on Liam. And on top of it all, the fans will hate on you," Eleanor advices.

"El's right," Perrie says, agreeing. "I don't like him anyways."

I smile at the both of them. "Thanks girls, for always helping me out," I say, giving them each a hug.

El smiles. "Always at your service," she says, saluting me which makes me laugh. "By the way, where's Alice and Aunt Jenna?" she asks, looking around.

"They left for America earlier," I reply.

Perrie smiles widely and starts jumping up and down. "Sleep over!" she shouts, dancing around. "I will go back to my flat later to get my onesies and we can bake cookies and watch cheesy, romantic movies. And we can also stalk people in twitter and give each other manicures!" she says, exploding with ideas.

Well, this is going to be a really long day.

-:-:-:-:-:-

Heeey!

Yes, I know. Starbucks does not have waiters and menus. But I wish they actually have those so that's why I wrote it like that.

There goes chapter THIRTY-ONE! I hope ya'll liked it and didn't find it boring. Sorry for making you wait for such a long time for this chapter.

THANK YOU FOR READING. Please leave a comment, vote and follow. If you want me to dedicate a chapter to you, just send me a message.

I have decided that starting from this chapter onwards, I will ask a question and will give a shout-out to the three people who have the best answers. So, the question for this chapter is:

WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE CHAPTER SO FAR, AND WHY IS IT YOUR FAVORITE?

And, remember, in the next chapter, I will promote a story written by the first three people who comments on this chapter.

THANKS and lot's of love, 

Katie :)) xxx

- MUST READ STORIES/POEMS: *as said, I will promote a story written by the first three people who commented on my previous chapter.

1. "Gotta Be You" - bluekoala54 

2. "Skyscraper *A One Direction Fanfiction!*" - Hallie_Edchenwald 

3. "War Against Myself" - RitaKaitlynSmith (poem)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 870 38
Wow. For once in my life I've won a contest. Literally, I've never won a contest before. Thing is, with those contests, I've entered myself in. I did...
805K 18.5K 30
Hi, my name is Delilah Payne. I'm seventeen years old and I'm hidden. Why? Well, you might have guessed by my last name that Liam Payne from One Dire...
32.5K 291 38
Have you ever been so emotional that you're numb? You just can't seem to feel anything, but yet you feel everything. Confusing right? Not when you fe...
2.4K 59 40
This is not like 'Romeo and Juliet' because its better. They dont confess their love and die. They dont have to hide their love from their familys. T...