Last First Kiss #Wattys2014

By KathleenCansis

The One Direction boys didn't know that someone named Lexi Higgins exists. Neither did they know that she is... More

PLEASE READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Author's Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Thank You, Goodbye For Now

Chapter 28

47.7K 1K 125
By KathleenCansis

"There is no way I am stepping foot onto that ice skating rink," Liam says, crossing his arms. Harry and Niall were already skating around, having fun. It was at seven in the evening and the only people around was us and a group of teenagers who were skating by one corner of the rink. This place was usually packed during the afternoon but thankfully cleared up in the evening.

"Come on, Liam. Stop being such a wuss," Louis says, trying to drag him inside the skating rink. The lads had managed to get Liam to put on ice skates, but he was still determined not to skate. Zayn and Louis grab both of Liam's arms and try pulling him in.

"What are you so scared of, Li?" I ask, skating in circles. 

He chuckles, "Well, last time I came skating with these lads over here, I broke my bum and my arm. I couldn't sit properly for more than a week!" 

I laugh. "Oh well. The lads will help you so you won't fall," I tell him.

"Yeah. We'll make sure you don't fall," Zayn says. 

"You have nothing to worry about," Louis adds. 

Liam laughs, "Right. I remember you two telling me that before. And I also remember what happened to me." 

"Well then," I sigh. "I guess we'll just have some fun without you," I tell him. I skate over to Harry and Niall, who are playing around in the middle of the skating rink. Louis and Zayn follow behind me and we all skate around while Liam stands and watches us from outside the rink. 

"Hey, Louis! Let's see who can skate the fastest!" Harry says, challenging Louis. He nods and they bolt off, skating in full speed around the rink like two crazy people. 

"Please don't let them bump into anyone," I say, shaking my head as I put my hands in my pockets because they were freezing.

"Harry! Louis!" Liam shouts, trying to catch the two boy's attention, "Stop racing! You're going to injure yourselves!" But Louis and Harry don't seem to hear Liam as they continue racing around. 

"The only way you're going to get them to stop is if you come over here!" Niall shouts back at Liam, smiling. 

"Never mind then!" Liam replies, crossing his arms. I laugh and decide to skate around while Niall and Zayn start messing with each other. 

I wasn't that bad when it came to skating. Dad would bring me here when I was little so I knew a few tricks. I made a few twirls and suddenly bumped into someone. I expected it to be one of the boys, but as I looked up to see the face of the person I had bumped - I realized I was wrong. 

"Anthony?" I ask, gliding a few steps away from him to get a better look at his face. "Anthony!" I say again, realizing that it was really him. I give him a quick hug and he laughs. 

"Hey, Lexi," he smiles, pulling away. "How are you?" he asks. 

"I'm doing great!" I reply, "Wait, aren't you supposed to be in Mexico?" I asked, remembering the first day I met him there. 

He keeps smiling. "I decided to check out London. I was hoping to bump into you, I'm glad I finally did," he replies. 

I laugh. "Have you been stalking me?" I ask, crossing my arms while smiling. 

"Well, I wouldn't call it stalking. I'd rather call it trying to keep in touch with a friend," he says, giving me a wink which makes me laugh. 

"Excuses, excuses." I say, shaking my head. "Here, give me your phone and I'll save my number so that you won't have to keep stalking me anymore," I tell him.

"Since we're friends," I add, hoping that he wouldn't think I was hitting on him. We were just friends and there's nothing more I want. I have Liam. 

He chuckles and takes out his phone. I take it from him and save my number. "So if I'd like to go have some coffee with you, I'll just send you a message?" he asks. 

I nod, chuckling, "Yes, you can do that," I reply. Suddenly, someone skates by, pushing me towards Anthony. I bump into him with my hands on his chest. He immediately catches me and regains his balance before we fall from the impact. "Thanks for catching me." I say, pulling myself away from him. He releases his arms around me. 

"Anytime," He smiles, then looks at someone behind me. "I think your boyfriend is going to need some help," he says. I turn around to see Liam skating and trying his best not to fall. Zayn approaches him and lends him a hand, but as stubborn as Liam can be sometimes - he refuses Zayn's help. 

"I can do this myself," I hear him say. He finally reaches Anthony and me. He puts his hand at the small of my back. "Hey there, mate. Anthony, right?" he asks, extending his hand. "Remember me? I'm Liam, Lexi's boyfriend," he adds. 

"Yeah, I remember. Great to see you again," Anthony replies, shaking Liam's hand. "I better go. I'll make sure to keep in touch with you, Lexi," Anthony says.

I smile. "Bye! And I hope to see you again too," I reply. Anthony smiles and skates away from me and Liam. I turn to face Liam, who was still watching the retreating figure as if he was an angry lion, and Anthony was his prey. "Liam," I nudge him with my elbow. His attention directs to me and he smiles. "Please don't tell me that you came over here because you were jealous I was talking with Anthony," I say, "We're just friends." 

"I did not come over here because I was jealous you were talking with him. I know you're just friends," he defends himself. "He was hitting on you and he had his arms all over you. I came here to make sure that he knows I'm your boyfriend. Me!" he says, pointing at himself. 

I laugh, shaking my head. "Oh, Liam. What am I ever going to do with you?" I skate in circles around him. "Since you're here inside the skating rink, I am going to teach you how to properly skate," I tell him. 

He pouts, crossing his arms. "I knew it. I shouldn't have come here," he says, letting out a huge sigh, "But I guess I have no way out of this one. Fine." I smile widely at him and take a hold of both his hands. I skate backwards so that we are facing each other. He holds my hands tightly, obviously scared that he would fall. 

"Stop looking down at your feet," I tell him. He lifts his head and stares into my eyes. I smile. "One foot after the other," I instruct. He nods and does as told while looking at me. "There you go. It's not that hard, is it?" I ask. 

"It's not hard because you're holding my hands. If you let go, I'll immediately lose my balance and fall on my bum," he says, making me laugh. 

My phone rings in my pocket. "Oh, I have to get that," I say. I let go of his hands to take my phone out of my pocket. I take it out, only to hear Liam shout. 

"Lexi, don't - " but it was too late. He lost his balance and grabbed me by the waist, making me fall along with him. I could hear him groan as his back made contact with the ice. I fall on top of him, my phone still in my hand. 

"I'm so sorry," I apologize, feeling guilty. "Are you alright, babe?" I ask, looking at him worriedly. 

He forces a smile, "Yeah, I'm fine. Answer your phone. It might be important," I nod and immediately answer the call. 

"Lexi?" it was Dad. "The lawyer called. He said that the police have found Richard and we are to meet him in court tomorrow," he says. 

"They finally found him?" I ask happily.

"Yes they did, honey. At one in the afternoon tomorrow, we are going to meet him in court. Alice and your Aunt Jenna are coming over. Your mum can't come along because she needs some rest and is not suited for traveling yet," Dad replies. 

"Thanks for the good news Dad," I say, smiling widely. 

"You're welcome. I got to go, honey. Bye," He says hurriedly. 

"Bye," I reply, ending the call. I look at Liam, who had his back flat on the ice. "Am I heavy?" I ask, still laying on top of him.

He shakes his head, "Anyways, what's the good news?" he asks. 

"They found Richard and we are meeting him tomorrow in court at one in the afternoon," I reply.

Liam smiles widely. "About time," he says, "I'm glad they found him." he leans forward and gives me a long kiss. 

"Eww." we hear Niall say. "Not on the ice! Not here in public!" he adds. Liam and I laugh, breaking out of the kiss. 

"Well done, Liam!" Louis says, clapping loudly. 

"Plus points for you, lad!" Zayn adds, clapping along with Louis. 

"I should bring a girl here sometime and pretend to fall so we could end up doing that." Harry says, making us all erupt in laughter. 

"I was actually hoping this would happen," Liam admits. I look at him, quite confused. "Whenever there's a scene in a movie where the couple goes skating, this usually happens. I always wanted to try it. It's cliché, but romantic." 

I shake my head, laughing. "Okay, I'm getting up," I say. I push myself up carefully. Once my upper body was up, instead of putting my knees on the ice - it lands on his lower department. "Oh my gosh," I say, immediately pulling my knee away as I cover my mouth with both hands. "I'm so sorry!" I apologize. 

He groans loudly in pain. "My. Family. Jewels. Ouch," he says. The lads laugh at Liam as they skate over to us. I stand up and extend my arm towards him. He takes it and I help him pull himself up. 

"Does it still hurt?" Niall asks worriedly.

"A bit," Liam replies. 

"I'm really sorry," I apologize again, wrapping my arms around his waist. 

He smiles at me, "Don't worry about it. I guess I'll live." 

"I read from somewhere that whenever your lower department gets hurt, it lowers your sperm count," Louis says, making Liam's eyes widen. 

"Since when do you read?" Harry asks teasingly, making us all laugh. 

"Good point," Louis says, smiling. "Anyways, who's up for some food?" Niall smiles widely, but before he can speak, Louis cuts him off. "Except you, Niall. We all know that you are always up for food." 

"Me!" Zayn and Harry say in chorus, raising their hands. 

"How about you and Lexi?" Niall asks, looking at Liam. 

"We have to head home. Our new furniture will be delivered in a few hours," Liam replies. 

"Boo," Niall says, "Well then, have fun doing that." 

"But don't have too much fun," Harry says, giving us both a wink. 

Liam laughs. "Bye lads! We'll go ahead. Make sure that Niall doesn't eat too much," he says. We wave goodbye to the lads as we skate out of the rink. 

-

And I was like, 
Baby, baby, baby, oh.
Like baby, baby, baby, oh.
I thought you'd always be mine, mine. 

Liam sang at the top his voice while arranging the furniture in the living room. I was in the kitchen and decided to be in charge for unpacking the kitchenware and other things needed in there. The delivery truck arrived hours ago and Liam and I were just about to finish unpacking everything. 

"Liam, please stop singing and playing that song. It's irritating," I shout, hoping that he'd hear me from the loud song blaring off the radio. I know he heard me because I heard him laugh, but he just kept singing along with the song. 

Baby, baby, baby, oh.
Like baby, baby, baby, oh
Baby, baby, baby, oh. 

I'm not much of a Bieber fan. It's not that I have anything against him. I just don't really like his songs, that's all. It's just my own opinion, and there shouldn't be any reason to be ashamed of it or be hated because of it. Anyways, with Liam still singing the song, I finally decide that I've had enough. I grab a spoon from the tray and walk towards the living room. I see Liam pushing the couches to their proper spot as I held the spoon behind me. 

"Liam, please stop singing that song. It's getting on my nerves," I tell him. He smiles an evil smile and continues singing as he approaches me. "You are so going to regret this," I say. 

He chuckles. "Make me," he replies. Then at the very top of his lungs, he sings the chorus one more time. 

I shake my head, "You asked for it." I say, showing him the spoon. I could tell from his expression that he was a bit scared, but acted as if he wasn't. He kept singing the chorus as I walked closer to him, moving the spoon closer to his face. He still keeps singing and it was seriously getting on my nerves. I touch his face with the spoon and he immediately stops singing and runs to the bathroom. 

I laugh at his reaction and walk towards the bathroom. I turn the knob, but he had locked it. "Come on, Liam. I was just teasing." I say. "I'm sorry if it scared you way too much." 

"I know." he says. "I came inside the bathroom because I needed to pee. Not that I was scared of the spoon." he tries covering up. 

I chuckle, "Right. As if the whole world doesn't know about your fear of spoons." 

"Well," he sighs. "You got me. But I really did need to pee." I laugh as I hear the toilet bowl flush. His phone beeps and I look to see that he had placed it on the couch. 

"You got a message," I tell him. 

"Can you please check it out?" he asks. "I need to wash my hands," he says. 

"Okey dokes," I reply, heading towards his phone. I unlock it and see a text from Harry. 

Hazza: 

Mates. We are leaving for France tomorrow. Our manager came over to Louis and my flat and told us about it. We were told to inform you boys. We have to continue touring. Pack your things tonight. 

(Group message) 

I stare at the phone and as I read the message, my heart sinks to the floor. 

"Who sent me the message?" Liam asks, stepping out of the bathroom. 

"Harry," I reply, still staring at his phone. 

"What did he say?" Liam asks, looking quite worried. Most probably because of the expression I had on my face. 

"You're going to continue your tour in France," I reply. "Tomorrow," I add, finally looking at him. His smile immediately disappears and he walks over to me. I hand him his phone so that he could read Harry's message himself. 

"I'm so sorry," he whispers, pulling me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around him as he does the same to me. "I wish I didn't have to leave you so soon. Especially now that you're going to court. I'm really sorry," he apologizes. 

"It's okay. Don't worry about it!" I say, trying to sound convincing. But deep inside,  I wanted to tell him to stay because I couldn't handle seeing Richard again after what he did to me. I couldn't handle seeing Richard without knowing that Liam was by my side, holding my hand. But I couldn't be that selfish. He has to go because it's his career. Whether we both liked it or not. 

He was leaving.

Again. 

 -:-:-:-:-:-

There you go! I hope ya'll liked it! This is NOT the last chapter in the story. There are still a few more chapter to go before I can click the "complete" button. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING. Please leave a comment, vote and follow. If you want me to dedicate a chapter to you, please send me a message because I can immediately read it unlike if you post it down below in the comments. 

Thanks again. You're the best! 
LOT'S OF LOVE, 
Katie :)) xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 989 21
Who knew that one step forward in a perfect relationship could ruin it all and make the reationship not so perfect at all. Cover made by @BeingZanyaR...
7.6K 138 40
Kelsey Maxwell lost her mother at a young age in a house fire; she has no siblings to turn to and the only friends she has are guys, but they always...
2.4K 59 40
This is not like 'Romeo and Juliet' because its better. They dont confess their love and die. They dont have to hide their love from their familys. T...
780 7 8
What if an Aussie Directioner goes to London and became a big star there? Well, meet Lexi Tyler. She's a Massive Directioner since 2012 when the boys...