Last First Kiss #Wattys2014

By KathleenCansis

The One Direction boys didn't know that someone named Lexi Higgins exists. Neither did they know that she is... More

PLEASE READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's Note
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Thank You, Goodbye For Now

Chapter 10

56.9K 921 98
By KathleenCansis

"Here, make sure you put these on." I give him his sunglasses and he takes them, setting them on the bridge of his nose. The bruise was still visible on his face and we didn't want the paps to notice in case they found out that we're here in the mall.

Yes, the mall. I had asked Liam to come along with me since I needed a new dress for our graduation ball which would be held next week. He has a really great sense of fashion, especially when it comes to dresses, so I knew I'd be needing his help.

He smiles, unbuckling his seatbelt. "Come on. Let's go shopping!" he says excitedly which very much surprised me. I thought boys hated shopping - especially with girls. But apparently, that's not the case with Liam.

I laugh at his excitement and get out of the car as soon as he does. We walk next to each other with our heads down as we enter the mall. The first shop we see is Calvin Klein. He grabs my hand, smiling from ear to ear. "I really need to go buy some Calvin Klein knickers!" he says, dragging me in the shop as I groan internally. I don't want to go and see what kind of knickers Liam would be wearing in the future!

He heads over to the underwear section and gets at least five boxes of them. He carries them to the counter, takes out his wallet, and gives the cashier a few cash. The cashier - who happens to be a stunning lady, flirts with him in every way she could possibly think of. As he walked back towards me, I could tell she was checking him out thouroughly.

"I think you've got a fan," I say teasingly as we walk out of the shop.

"What?" he asks, completely clueless as we pass by a few more shops.

I laugh, "The cashier back there was full-on flirting with you and checking you out from head to toe." I tell him, "Surprisingly, she didn't recognize who you are." I click my tongue.

"She was? I think you're exaggerating quite a bit." he replies, smiling.

"Yeah, ok. Whatever you say." I tease. I see the Victoria Secret shop and try my best not to run inside. I grab Liam's hand and start walking towards the store. "Come on, Li!" I say excitedly.

Before we could step inside, Liam stands in front of me, hindering the entrance of the shop. How am I going to get in now? "I'm not going in there." he says sternly.

I laugh, shaking my head, "You're unbelievable. I went with you when you bought 'knickers' in Calvin Klein." I complain like a child, tugging his arm. He sighs, still not giving in. "It won't be that bad. It's not going to degrade your manhood or anything." I assure him. I pout, giving him my puppy face. "Please?" I ask, tiptoeing so that our faces were at the same level. "Pleaaassee?" I stretch out.

He smiles, sighing, "Fine. But only for fifteen minutes. Then I'm out." I nod, hopping inside the store as he follows behind me.

I go over to the undergarment section and pick up ten pairs of them. I bring my items over to the counter and pay for it. "I like the pink the most," he says as he stands next to me, placing his arms on the counter.

I look at him, "Please don't tell me you're having dirty ideas."

He laughs, putting his arms up in surrender, "I'll just say that Harry would have been thinking much more dirty thoughts." he says, winking at me. I shake my head, chuckling as I take the Victoria Secret bags and walk out of the store. "Here, let me carry these for you." he offers, reaching for the bags.

I laugh, looking at him wide eyed, "And to think that a while ago, you didn't even want to step foot in that store."

"Well, I didn't know they sold such sexy things." he replies, smiling as I give him the bags I was holding.

I shake my head, cupping his face in my hands and softly shaking his face, "Where is Liam and what have you done with him?"

He laughs, "I'm still here, love. You're just seeing the naughty part of me."

"Oh I can tell." I reply, laughing.

We continue walking around the mall, looking for a shop that sold dresses. Finally spotting a Sherri Hill shop, Liam insists on looking there. I agree since I love Sherri Hill dresses. We walk inside the store, glad that we were the only customers around. A salesman approaches us, offering to help in case we needed any.

"No, we're good, thanks." Liam tells the man, walking over to the dresses which were placed in one corner of the shop. I walk over to him as he looks over the gowns. "Here," he says, taking one off the rack and handing it to me. "Try it. The dress would look even better when you wear it." I blush a little.

I take it from him and head over to the dressing room. As I put it on, I immediately fall in love with it. It was a black 21200 dress and showed quite a lot of my back. It's hem ended just above my knees and everything about it was gorgeous.

I step out of the dressing room to see Liam sitting on a chair. He looks up and smiles as he sees me. I twirl, feeling like a little ballerina. "You look - " he pauses, walking over towards me. "Amazing." he breathes out.

I smile, feeling my cheeks go red, "Thanks, Li. This dress is so amazing. You have such a great sense of fashion!" I tell him.

"Thanks! You really need to buy that, though." he says, pointing at the dress. I nod and go back to the dressing room. I take off the dress, change back into the clothes I was originally wearing, and pay at the counter.

We walk out of the shop as Liam's phone beeps. He takes it out of his pocket to check it out. Smiling he looks up at me. "We still have a few hours left before dinner, would you like to come with me to watch a friendly football game that the lads are planning to have?" he asks.

"A football game?" I ask, smiling from ear to ear, "I would love to! It'd be the very first football game I've watched live!" I reply, clapping my hands.

He smiles, "Your first, huh?"

I nod, "Yup."

He takes my hand and we walk out of the mall and back to the car. He puts the shopping bags in the trunk as I fasten my seatbelt in the shotgun seat. I love Liam's car. It's so comfortable and smells a lot like him. He got in the car, buckled his seatbelt, and started the engine. I swear, I was jumping up and down in my seat. I was so excited!

We arrive at the football stadium and run inside. Liam and I stand in the football field as I look around, my jaw hanging. This place was so huge! It didn't look this big on the TV! I jump up and down and start running around the field. I could hear Liam laughing at my weirdness.

The lads arrive a few minutes later, all in their soccer jerseys - as I call it. One by one, they give me a hug and I smile at each of them, "So, what are the teams?" I ask, feeling really excited and eager for the game to start.

"Harry and I against Zayn and Niall." Louis replies, slinging an arm over Harry's shoulder.

"What about Liam?" I ask, pointing at him who was now standing next to me.

"He said he didn't want to play." Zayn says, looking at Liam.

I look at Liam, confused. "I wanted to be with you during your first live football game experience," he tells me.

"N'aww thanks!" I say, giving him a side hug.

He laughs, "Now, we better hit the benches so the lads can start playing." We walk over to the benches, find a spot we like, and get comfortable.

Harry takes the ball and starts dribbling, with Zayn following close behind, trying to tackle him. Harry gives it a high kick and tries to aim it towards Louis, but instead it comes falling towards Liam and I. Before I know it, it hits my head so hard - making me feel dizzy.

"Are you crazy?!" Liam yells at Harry as I rub my head. "Love, are you okay?" he asks, hugging me and rubbing my head.

I nod, "Just a bit dizzy, that's all." I could barely reply since my face was on Liam's chest as he gave me a really tight hug.

Harry and the lads come running over, "I'm so sorry, Lexi." he apologizes, kneeling on the ground in front of the bench.

"It's okay." I tell him, patting his curly, wet hair.

"I seriously need to get you a helmet, and I'm not kidding this time." Liam whispers, finally releasing me from the tight hug.

"Maybe we should have bought one in the mall earlier," I reply, chuckling. I look at the lads who still had worried looks on their faces. Harry on the other hand, looked as guilty as a child who had opened his presents before Christmas. "Go on. I'm fine, really," I tell them.

"I'm so sorry," Harry apologizes for the last time and runs back to the field along with the other lads.

After a while, the lads are sweating and still running around the field like crazy people. The scores are 12-15 with Louis and Harry in the lead. Louis runs while kicking the ball, heading over to Niall who was the goalkeeper. He kicks the ball - goal! I bolt right up, "YES! Louis and Harry are the winners!" I scream, clapping my hands.

I hug Liam and run over to Louis and Harry, wanting to give them a hug too. But I realize that they're really sweaty and don't smell pleasant at all, so I decide not to. "Congrats, you two. Zayn and Niall will have to treat us for a meal sometime!" I say, sticking my tongue out at the two losers. Zayn and Niall look at each other and slowly smile. Oh no, are they going to -

They advance and grab me, giving me a sweaty hug. "Eww!" I scream. They both smell so bad, I swear I'm going to be sick. They laugh, hugging me even tighter making it hard for me to breathe. Louis and Harry join in, tackling us all to the ground. "Liam! Help me!" I scream, not being able to handle the stink and the sweatiness any longer.

"You lads, get off my lady," Liam says, pulling them away from me.

"Oh, your lady, huh?" Harry says, giving Liam a hug.

"Gross, Hazza. Go take a shower or something!" Liam says, pushing Harry away from him.

The lads finally get off of me and Niall helps me up. "Thanks." I tell him, smiling. "Do you have an extra shirt in your car, Li?" I ask, sniffing my shirt and feeling even more sick by the smell of it.

He nods, "I think there's one that can fit you." he replies. "So, I guess Lexi and I will go ahead since we don't want to have to wait for you lads to finish showering."

"Where will Lexi change her shirt then?" Niall asks, putting his hands in his pockets.

"She can change in my car." Liam replies, not realizing that the lads would have probably thought something dirty about his reply.

The lads laugh, shaking their heads. "Don't do anything inappropriate in there!" Louis says, softly slapping Liam's back.

"You better watch out Lexi. I think the wolf has finally found it's way out of Liam's control." Zayn warns me, giving me a wink.

I groan, "You are all so disgusting." I shake my head, looking at Liam. He nods and we walk away from the lads, waving goodbye at them.

Once we get inside Liam's car, he hands me his extra shirt. Gosh, it smelled way better than the shirt I'm wearing right now. "Don't look," I tell Liam. He obediently looks away as I take my shirt off and put on his. "There, done," I say. He smiles and starts the engine.

Twenty minutes later and we're on my front porch, walking towards my door. "Oh, Lexi?" he says, sounding quite nervous. "I was wondering if you had already seen this." He gives me his phone and it displays a picture of me, Lux, and him in the park. It was a gossip site and it said that we looked like a really happy family. I smiled at the picture. I was leaning back on Liam while he had his chin on my shoulder. Lux was sitting on my lap, happily feeding the fishes.

"That is such a cute picture." I say, admiring it.

"So you're not mad?" he asks, taking his phone.

I laugh, "Liam, you should stop asking me that. Of course I'm not mad. I've told you several times already. You really should stop worrying." I reply.

He smiles, "You truly, really are amazing." he says, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"You say that way too many times it's getting quite old." I tease, giggling. "I better go inside," I sigh. "Good night, Li! Drive home safe!" I give him a hug and walk over to the front door.

"Good night, Lexi! Sweet dreams!" he replies, heading back to his car as I step inside the house. I watch his car drive away.

I smile at myself, making a short mental recap of what had happened today. We went to the mall and he stepped inside the Victoria Secret shop with me, even though he was against it. He picked out the most amazing dress and complimented me more than the dress itself. He refused to play football with his lads because he wanted to sit with me through the very first live football match I've ever witnessed. I sigh, how did I get so lucky to have someone as amazing as him in my life? Someone who made me feel really special, even through small, tiny gestures.

And just like what Dad had told me a few days ago, I know that deep in this stubborn heart of mine - I like him more than a friend. But I'm just too scared to admit it.

-:-:-:-:-:-

And there you have it, CHAPTER TEN!

Thank you for reading! Please comment, vote and follow.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 
And thanks to @qwerty_squirt23 for editing this chapter!

Lot's and lot's of love, 

Kaite :)) xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 1.2K 38
Girls like me don't get boys like him. Especially when that boy's name is Niall Horan. I'm just a girl from an average town in Wisconsin who came to...
8.4K 248 30
Hey, I’m Charlie. My real name is Charolette, but I go by Charlie. Let me tell you a little bit about myself... I’m 16 (almost 17) years old, and a...
30.9K 921 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...
56.8K 1K 47
Just another girl who spent her teenage years obsessing over a boy band namely One Direction, using her grey eyes to admire the perfect boys, especia...