Superman Stole My Panties

By Kissmyoops3

Senior year couldn't be better. Avery Nelson's finally dumped her brain-dead boyfriend, she's taking all easy... More

Superman Stole My Panties
My Savior
Gone With The Wind
The Invader
News Coverage
Delicious In Red.
The Accident
Myostatin
Nightly Visitor.
Bentley
The Bat Cave
Skin Deep
Hit And Run
Talk Is Cheap
Getting Caught
Top Story
Au Revoir, Princess
Absence
Third Victim
The Returning
The New Identity
Breaking the Number One Rule
Another Adventure
Silver
Still Breathing
Running
Thank You
Final.

Date Night

166K 3.2K 965
By Kissmyoops3

Saturday was here before I knew it.

                Karen had been over at my house the entire day.

                She ended up spending the night on Friday, insisting that she prep me for our double date. It was as if she thought I’d never been on a date before. I made an attempt to explain to her that I knew what to do, but she ignored me.

                After a few hours, I gave up.

                Karen and I ended up on my living room couch, watching old horror movies off on Demand. We went through two bags of popcorn, both of us feeling stuff by the end of it.

                The quality of the movies ruined all fear it hoped to inflict on us. The poor acting only resulted in our laughter, as did the horrible special effects. It was a nice reminder at how far our technology had advanced since the 1980’s.

                We fell asleep on the couches uncomfortably.

                Before I fell asleep, a thought crossed my mind.

                Would Superman show up in my room, or would he sense that Karen was here? Would he have shown up if she hadn’t been here to begin with?

                I was asleep before I had a chance to process the thoughts further.

                ~*~

                It was now four o’clock in the afternoon.

                Karen had left around one or two for her house in order to prep and confirm all her plans with her boyfriend. She told me to dress simply, but flirtatiously.

                The plan was to go to dinner at Olive Garden, and then see a movie.

                I could predicate what movie we would be watching. It had to be something scary. Karen wanted to cuddle with her boyfriend, and I had a feeling she had high hopes that I would end up in Jake’s arms.

                I wouldn’t be complaining if I did.

                Jake was the kind of boy only heard about in movies. He was the good guy, the cute boy everyone loved. He had both bronze and brains. He was easy going and incredibly social. He was the picture-perfect boy.

                If anyone didn’t like him, it was because that person was jealous. There was absolutely nothing not to like about Jake.

                I had had a small crush on him since the second grade. Of course, it had faded when we shared no classes in middle school and freshmen year, but it was forming once again now that we had Physics together.

                I could only hope that he had actually asked Karen for me and that she wasn’t just saying that. My heart plummeted at that thought.

                At around four-thirty, I got a phone call.

                I didn’t recognize the number.

                “Hello?” I asked into the phone as I went through my closet, trying to find a shirt that matched with the plaid skirt I intended to wear.

                “Avery.”

                I knew the voice all too well.

                “Josh, what do you want?” I groaned, dropping the plain white shirt I had been holding. I fell back onto my bed, rubbing my eyes.

                “I want to talk.”

                “Now’s not a good time.”

                “Is it ever going to be? You always push me away every time I try to talk to you. We  need to talk sometime.”

                “No we don’t. Everything that needs to be said has been.”

                “Avery… don’t be like that…”

                “I will!” I snapped,

                “Come on, baby, you know you miss me.”

                “Please talk to me when you’re sober.”

                “I am!”

                “Josh, you seem to keep forgetting we dated for a year. I know when you’re not sober. And that’s almost always.” I mumbled the last part to myself.

                “Please hear me out.” He pleaded softly, “I’m begging you, Avery. I miss you so much. You were so good for me. I was so good for you. We completed each other.”

                “Maybe you should’ve realized this before you thought Cindy completed you too.”

                “Cindy was an accident. I was drunk! I was angry! I wasn’t thinking!”

                “You’re drunk now! I can hear your words slurring, Josh, and you never seem to think! This is always your excuse.” I shook my head, sitting upright on my bed. I didn’t want to be having this conversation hours before I would go on a date.

                “Give me a second chance!”

                “I have you a second chance, and a third, and a fourth.”

                “Baby…” He whispered softly.

                “I’m not your baby!” I snapped. My fingers gripped the phone tightly. It was taking all my self control not to hurl the phone at the wall in anger.

                “I wish you were.” His voice was unbearably sorrowful. It hurt me to hear him like this, sober or not.

                “Please, Josh.” I shook my head, taking a deep breath, “I need to go. Please stop calling me. I don’t want to deal with this anymore.”

                “Avery…”

                “No.”

                I closed the phone, throwing it onto the other end of my bed.

                Burying my head in my hands, I sat in the bed, calming myself down. He absolutely hadn’t been good for my preparation. I contemplated blocking his number from my phone, but decided against. That would only lead to more confrontations in person.

                At least over the phone I could hang up on him.

                My phone buzzed once, the screen lighting up. I stretched over on the bed, flipping it open to the message.

                ‘I’m sorry’

                I shook my head, dropping the phone.

                ~*~

                Two hours later, Karen picked me up in her red buggy. It was an old car with a very crammed back seat. She leaned against it as she waited for me to come out, fixing her make-up. Karen wore tight black shorts with a loose bright green shirt that hung off the shoulders. Her hair was pulled into a high pony tail, the ends of her bangs curled slightly. Her make-up was more done than normal.

                I walked out, feeling too dressed up for this date. I straightened my blue plaid skirt with a black shirt over top. I left my hair naturally curly, pinning my bangs back.

                Karen looked up with a smile, nodding her head slightly in approval at my outfit. “It looks cute, Aves.”

                “Thanks.” I smiled, climbing into her passenger seat.

                Karen started the car, driving down my road.

                “Josh called me a few hours ago.” I said after a moment of silence passed in the car. Karen stiffened behind the wheel, her eyes hardening.

                “Ignore him. He’s a low life. You’ve always been more than he deserves.”

                “I know,” I leaned my head against the headrest, sighing, “He was drunk when he called. He hasn’t changed at all.”

                “I don’t know what made you go out with him to begin with. You knew he used heavily.” Karen shook her head.

                “I wanted to be rebellious. He knew all the things to say and what to do in the beginning.” I mumbled.

                I realized now how foolish my decision had been, but it had been made. At least now I was making an attempt to fix it.

                “Weren’t you supposed to block his number?”

                I bit my lip. Karen had been insisting for me to block his number constantly.

                “No…”

                “Why not?” She groaned.

                “I figure I’d rather have him call me and do this than in person. It’s different when I just hear him. In person, I start to lose it.”

                Karen took a hand off the wheel to pat my shoulder affectionately, “I’m always here for you babe, if you need me.”

                I nodded, keeping silent. I knew she was there, but I wanted to become strong enough to forcefully tell Josh to go away by myself. That thought I kept to myself. Karen would have been hurt if I told her I didn’t want her to help me in this.

                Karen turned the radio on after that, turning until the latest Eminem song came on. She hummed softly for a few minutes with it as we drove to the restaurant.

                “Forget about him, alright?” She asked, turning her head towards me for a brief moment before glancing back at the road.

                I nodded, “I’m trying.”

                “I don’t want to hear that Josh is ruining our date night.”

                I cracked a small smile, “You won’t. I promise.”

                She stuck out her pinky.

                Laughing, I looped mine around hers, sealing the deal.

                Karen smiled, putting her hand back onto the steering wheel, “That’s better. Now, the boys are both at the restaurant now at a table.”

                “How are we getting to the theater?”

                “It’s within walking distance.”

                “What restaurant are we going to?” I frowned, trying to think of a place near a movie theater, but coming up blank.

                “Olive Garden.”

                “There isn’t…”

                “Yeah, it’s about a block away.”

                I sighed, giving up. I couldn’t think of the route to take to get from the restaurant to the theater so quickly, but if Karen knew, I wouldn’t argue. It was not a battle I wanted to fight with her, especially now.

                We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later. She had to park in the back of the parking lot, and we hurried over in the cool air to the warmth inside.

                “Karen!” Her boyfriend Kevin said, standing up and waving to us. Karen grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to where the two boys sat.

                They both sat on the same end. Both boys pulled out our chairs for us. I smiled shyly, mumbling a thanks to Jake as he pushed me in.

                “You’re quite welcome.” He whispered smoothly in my ear. His voice sent goose bumps down my arms, speeding my heart up.

                He took a seat in his chair opposite mine.

                “We already ordered drinks, if that’s alright?” Kevin asked, looking apologetic.

                “It’s fine.” Karen smiled gently, picking up the menu. I mimicked her, scanning through the items, “What did you order?”

                “Water? You can change it if you’d like.”

                “Water’s fine.” I shrugged casually, smiling. “Thanks for ordering.”

                “So, Avery,” Jake said.

                I turned my eyes on him as I waited for him to continue.

                “I heard that you were in the McDonald’s that got robbed the other week.” He commented. I grimaced slightly, confirming it. “That must’ve been terrifying. Do you know if they’ve caught the guy again?”

                I frowned slightly, “The police took him away in handcuffs.”

                “Didn’t you hear?” His eyes widened slightly, “The guy got out. His sister-in-law bailed him out, and he disappeared off the radar. She reported him missing the day after he got released.”

                “A-are you serious?”

                He nodded, “Completely. The media says he’s in Ohio right now, but I doubt that. Ohio is pretty far away.”

                “Wow.” I breathed.

                “Don’t worry. I’ll protect you if he comes back.” Jake winked.

                I giggled, shaking my head, “My hero.”

                “Awh,” Karen cooed softly from my side. Her voice was quiet enough so that I was the only one who heard it. Nonetheless, I stomped on her foot sharply.

                “So, Karen.” I said, trying to change the subject before she started arranging our wedding day. “What are you thinking of getting?”

                She rolled her eyes, shaking her head softly.

                The waiter showed up with our drinks and took our orders. As we munched on breadsticks, the four of us began an intense conversation on our plans after we graduate. I learned that fittingly enough, Jake wanted to enter the forensics field of work. He would be excellent in dealing with that situation. He was charming, suave, and strong.

                We ate slowly, taking our time. The movie was at eight, and by the time we finished our meal, it was only quarter after seven. The waiter arrived back with the check. I pulled out my wallet, when a hand stopped me in my place.

                Jake smirked gently at me, “Now, now, Avery. What kind of date would this be if I let you pay for your own meal?”

                “Oh, no really.” I smiled, my heart swelling at his politeness. “I can pay for my own food, it’s perfectly fine.”

                Jake shook his head, taking out a credit card. The gold flashed in the light as he set it on the check, “I’ve got you guys covered.”

                Karen’s eyes widened, “Jake, this is too much.”

                “I insist.” He smiled. He handed it to the waiter before anyone else had a chance to object. The waiter stalked off quickly.

                “Thank you very much.” I shot him a grateful look. He had been such the gentleman this evening. “I’ll at least get the tip.”

                “Ah—”

                I had already gotten the money out, setting it on the table, “It’ll be our compromise. Keep the rest of your money.”

                He held up his hands innocently, backing off.

                I smiled gratefully.

                Once the meal was over, the four of us walked down to the theater. Surprisingly enough, Karen managed to get us there. It was roughly half a mile away, a little more than just one block. But I didn’t complain. Jake stayed back with me to talk.

                “So tell me about yourself.” He said as we walked. The sky was darkening some, leaving us to walk in the small trail of light from the street lamps.

                “Well, I’m a female.” I laughed slightly.

                “I can clearly figure that much out.” He nudged me with his shoulder playfully, giving me a small wink. “I mean, are you a dog or cat person? What’s your favorite color? How many siblings do you have? Favorite movie?”

                I giggled, shaking my head, “Honestly, I’m more of a dog person, but I love both animals to death. I love the colors green or purple. I’m an only child; I live with my grandmother. And I really don’t think I have a favorite movie. Now you tell me.”

                “Hmm, I’m definitely a dog person—I have three. I’ve got one older brother and a younger sister. She’s going to be a freshman next year. My favorite color is green, so we’ve got that in common as well, and you’re going to think I’m a loser, but my favorite movie is the third Harry Potter.” He grinned.

                “Are you a Harry Potter fanatic?”

                “I dressed up as Ron for the last movie…”

                I giggled, “Did you really? You have to show me a picture of this sometime. I can’t picture you as Ron Weasley.”

                 He scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed, “It was pretty bad. I don’t know if I want to show you a picture. There’s no way you’d like me after that.”

                There’s no way I couldn’t like you.

                I kept my thought to myself.

                “What are your siblings’ names?” I asked after a few minutes.

                “My older brother is Dominic and my sister Carmen.” He said, “What happened to your parents, if you don’t mind me asking?”

                I bit my lip, “They died.”

                “Oh, I’m so sorry, Avery.” He sounded incredibly sincere.

                I shrugged, “It’s alright. I don’t really mind as much anymore. I went to therapy for a while, but I’m perfectly fine now.”

                “That’s got to be hard to go through.”

                “It was.”

                Jake pulled his hand out of his pocket, lacing his fingers through mine. I couldn’t hold back the smile that crossed my lips.

                He gave me a small squeeze.

                The theater loomed ahead.

                Karen and Kevin headed off quickly to go purchase their tickets. Jake and I took our time walking there.

                He paid for my ticket, but I insisted on paying for drinks.

                It was another compromise.

                As we walked to the theater, Jake’s hand found mine again.

                And my heart began to pound furiously once more.

****************

Doing this quickly. Do me a favor guys, I need music to listen to when I write. Please give me a suggestion for something so that I can write more (: Almost anything goes. Thanks<3 I love you guys!(:

By the way, about the cover, Wattpad forced me to change it. I loved it personally, of course I love all of them SOOO much, but I thought this really fit the topic. But Wattpad made me and soo... That's why. I know a lot of you liked the other one, I just want you guys to know, it wasn't my decision. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 6.3K 31
Now complete! ~~~ It's a bad time to be a superhero. When the world turned its back on metahumans, the golden age of superheroes came crashing down...
249 43 25
Kayley wasn't normal and to prove it she is invited to a school with people just as weird as she was. Kayley is put in a group of twelve and in resul...
419 45 22
Book I of II I'm 17 year's old living in the city, where crime never sleep's. Probably wondering how I mange, I do too. But trust me I've had my fair...
408K 22.4K 81
Being a teenager is hard enough. Try balancing friends, school, and crushes all while saving the world on the side. Dante Caslon is just your averag...