Everybody Wants to be a Cat

By LionLlamaBear

Dan Howell was anything but normal. He was a neko. Living in a world where Nekos are treated like servants fo... More

1. I just want to be normal
2. School
3. English
4. Lunch
6. Home
7. Texts
8. Second Day of School
9. Saturday
10. Sunday
11. Second Week of School
12. Work is Hard
13. What's a peen?
14. Merry Christmas Bear
15. The Bear Travels with The Lion
16. First Night
17. A day at Disney
18. The Rest of Disney
19. Hotel Rooms
20. Back Home
21. Parents
22. Police

5. Phil's House

1.7K 45 27
By LionLlamaBear

Chris, Pj, Phil, and I had started walking to Phil's house. Chris and Pj were in front of us, holding each other's hands as they walked.

"Sorry about Cat again, Dan. I really thought she would listen."

"It's fine. She could've done it if she wanted to, but thanks."

"Yeah, she could've but did you want her to?"

"...No, but I couldn't tell her that."

"Why not?"

"Because I have to listen"

"You have to listen?"

"Yes.."

"To who?"

"Whoever tells me to do something.."

"..Okay"

The rest of the walk was pretty quiet and I think it was my fault.

Phil unlocked the door and we walked in. I looked around, mailings the house. The feline-like part of my personality room over and I started walking around his house, exploring. I walked into what I assumed to be the lounge and smiled, purring quietly.

"You like exploring don't you?" Phil had suddenly walked in, surprising me and making me jump slightly.

"Oh..um..yeah sorry."

"It's fine." He smiles and walked over to me. "You're just interested. Have you ever been to someone's house that wasn't related to you?"

"I told you, my parents are really protective."

"So, No..Wow."

I nodded. "I wish they would've let me do this sooner. I like it."

He smiles softly, "Do you want to play Mario Kart?"

I felt my ears try to perk up under my hat and I smiled. "Yeah! I love that game, I'm really good at it too!"

He smiled back, chuckling softly at how excited I got. "Come on." He sat down on the couch and I sat beside him. "Chris! Pj! Stop trying to suck each other's faces off and come play Mario kart!"

They walked in a bit later and sat on the floor in front of the table.

"Alright, Pj hand the controllers out."

Pj grabbed four controllers and turned on the game, handing them out to all of us.

"Thanks." I smiled at him and took the controller.

"How come you guys never say 'Thanks'?"

"Because we don't have to. Dan just likes being polite. Which is why Cat didn't leave him alone. He's too nice."

"I'm not too nice. I told her to stop."

"But you stopped trying after she grabbed your hand."

I huffed. "We're not talking about her anymore. We were going to play Mario Kart so let's do that."

"...Alright."

Phil started the game and we played until we finished all of the levels.

"What the hell Dan? How did you win all of those?!" Chris practically threw his controller across the room because he lost so much.

I shrugged, smiling a little. "When you spend a lot of time at home alone you end up getting pretty good at video games I guess."

"I think you should get a prize for winning."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah! Like a crown or something."

"W-Would I have to take my hat off?"

"..Not, really I guess. You can if you want to."

"I think I'll keep it on.."

"We could pick another prize too.."

"No..the crown's fine."

He nodded and got up with Pj to get the crown.

"Why do you like that hat so much?"

"Bad haircut."

"Your hair looks fine."

"The top is what looks bad."

"...Okay."

Pj came back with a flower crown and Phil took it from him, placing it over my hat.

"It looks cute!" He smiled at me.

"Thanks. Do I keep it?"

"Yeah! You won it. It's yours now."

"Thank you." I smiled back at him and took it off of my head to look at it. "It's pretty. Are these real flowers?"

"I wish, but they're just plastic."

"Oh." I put it back on top of my hat.

"Does it look weird with the hat on too?"

"..No, if you don't want us to see your hair you can just go to the bathroom and switch them to see how it looks.."
I nodded and got up. "Do you know where it is?"

"Yes.."

"Okay.."

I walked down the hall until I got to the bathroom. I pulled my hat off and stretched my ears out before placing the crown on the top of my head. Phil was right, it was cute. I took my phone out, taking a few pictures. Of course I would crop my ears out before showing anyone. I slid my phone back in my pocket and put my hat back on, walking back to the lounge.

"So do you like it?

I smiled and nodded. "You were right, it is cute."

He smiled back and I sat back down.

I pulled my phone back out, quickly cropping my ears out and put the picture in front of Phil. "Look!"

He smiled slightly then looked at me, "Your hair looks fine in this..Why don't you like it?"

"It's the top that looks weird.."

"...Okay, it does look cute though."

"Thanks.." I started to smile again but it quickly turned into a pout.

"Something wrong?"

"Not really..yeah, kind of, it's just my brother.. He's 12 but he always I act younger than him. I just get excited about stuff easily, and he makes fun of me for it.."

"Do your parents make fun of you for it?"

"No, Just my brother. My mum will sometimes gets 'excited' with me but she really just pretends so I don't feel bad."

"Well, there's nothing wrong with being excitable. I think it's cute when you get excited. Your eyes light up and you jump up and down a little, even though you don't realize. And your smile is the best thing I've ever seen. Plus, you've got cute dimples." He smiled and poked my cheek, making me laugh.

"Thanks..."

"I'm just saying the truth.."

"I know."

He smiled again and got up, putting my hat back on me and motioned for me to follow him back to the lounge, "So do you guys want to watch a movie?"

"Sure? Which ones do you have?"

"They're over there." He pointed to a book case half filled with movies. The rest filled with books and cds.

I got up and walked over looking through the movies, "You don't have very many.."

"What do you mean?"

"I have a lot more at my house, but I'm not allowed to watch some of them."

"Why not?"

"They're too 'grown-up' for me."

"Oh, well If you want to watch one that you normally can't watch we won't tell your parents."

"Okay. Do you have any Disney movies?"

"Yeah, all on the second shelf."

I looked up at the second shelf and smiled when I saw it. "Can we watch this one?"

"The Aristocats? Sure, I love that one." He smiled and put it in the DVD player.

"This one's my favorite." I smiled and sat back down on the couch.

"Yeah, I really like Disney movies too."

Phil smiled back and sat down beside me.

"We should go to Disney World."

We all looked at Chris confused.

"And how do you expect us to pay for the airplane.. and we'd have to go with our parents."

"You're 18. You're an adult."

"I'm not being the adult..Especially not for you two..I'll pretend to be Dan's brother or something but I'm not doing it for you guys."

"You don't have to do that..my parents would never let me go, especially not without them. It sounds really fun, but I can't go."

"I'm sure you could..If we all could save up we could go during Winter Break. Or even Spring Break if it takes that long."

I figured they would want me to go too, but I couldn't get a job like they could, and I don't get money for anything since I'm not allowed to go anywhere.

"Yeah, I really want to go, but I could never convince my parents that I'm completely safe."

"Well, we could always go with my parents if that'd help?"

"It wouldn't, they're too protective."

"We can still have fun here. Traveling's expensive anyway."

"No, you guys want to go. You shouldn't not go just because I can't."

"If we went, I would feel bad for going without you."

I shrugged, not really knowing how to respond. "Let's just watch the movie."

About halfway through the movie, Phil tapped my shoulder lightly. "This is a slow part. Can I talk to you really quick? Just in the kitchen?"

I nodded and got up, following him to the kitchen and sat down on the counter.

"Are your parents nice?"

"Yeah. They're really nice."

"You can tell me if they're not. Because the way you were talking about them earlier made it seem like they don't let you do stuff your brother can do."

It took me a bit to realize what he meant. "Phil, my parents aren't abusing me. They're just making sure I don't get hurt."

"So to do that they don't let you go outside?"

"I can go anywhere I want to. I just have to be careful. My brother doesn't because he's normal."

"You're normal too.."

"Phil, I'm serious. This isn't low self-esteem or anything like that. I'm different. I'm not normal."

"What are you talking about?"

I sighed quietly. "If I tell you something, can you promise not to tell anyone else.."

"Of course. I can keep a secret.."

"You can take my hat off."

"Okay.." He sounded a bit confused but moved his hand up to the top of my hat and slowly pulled it off. I didn't look at his face, I had never told anyone before.

"I like them."

I looked up at him surprised. "W-What?"

"I like them. They're cute."

"Really?"

"I wouldn't lie Dan.." He brought his hand back up again and put it near my ears. "Can i touch them?"

I nodded slightly and smiled when he started petting my ears.

"They're really soft."

"I know! They're softer than my bed!"

He smiled and put his hand back down. "Hang on, I want to see how you really look in the flower crown." He picked it up and put it back on my head. "You're super adorable Dan."

I smiled. "You are too.. Hey Phil? Can i ask you something?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

"You know how Pj and Chris are like, how a boy would be with a girl in the movies?" He nodded. "Is that bad?"

"Well, it really depends on who you ask but it's completely normal if a boy likes a boy."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I like boys, well, I like girls too but boys are better."

"Yeah, boys are better."

"And I understand why you didn't want Cat touching you."

"Yeah, she didn't even know that I was a Neko but it felt like she was trying to treat me like one."

He sighed and nodded. "She's not very good with Nekos. I won't tell her."

"So she thinks of me like everyone else would?"

"Yeah," He ran his hand through my hair. "She's not very nice to anyone though. She shouldn't even be our friend anymore."

"I don't like her."

"I know, I don't like her either."

"Can we go back to the movie? I don't want to miss the song.."

"Yeah," He grabbed my hat and put it back on me. "Let's go."

A/N:  I want to go to Disney too. I need the Disney.

I'm actually really excited to get to the Phan part of this story. There's so much I could do with this one.

Not really sure yet if this is going to have slight mpreg things or none at all. Maybe none.

Dan is still new to everything and Cats not gone yet. (I'm sorry I need her for angst.)

(I'm not sorry.)

Tysm for reading! feedback is always appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 19.6K 21
Dan Howell was the typical spoiled, rich boy with butlers driving him to operas and maids making him nachos for breakfast. Phil Lester, however, was...
4.5K 145 14
Phil has a massive crush on Dan, and it keeps getting bigger with every passing moment of his life. Phil is always envious when Dan gets in a relatio...
296K 13.6K 36
"Phil... I'm depressed" "Oh my god, me too! I get so down in the dumps sometimes it's ju-" "No. Phil. I have depression" "Oh." ~ triggers: ...
1.9K 283 57
" For the first time I felt I saw Daniel Howell, the lonely boy who puts everything into his job so he can feel there are some people out there who w...