One Wrong Decision.

By Proud-To-Be-Muslim

[ #27 in Spiritual- 23/11/15] "I shouldn't have marry you." ________________________ Zaina is a strong girl... More

Description.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Epilogue.
The Second Chance.
The Fiction Awards 2016.
The Cure Of My Broken Heart.
She Left Me Alone.

Chapter 34.

5.1K 318 21
By Proud-To-Be-Muslim

Zaina. 

"I can't do this. I am scared. Please Hadi I want to go back home. Please." I pleaded him, but he refused to take me back. He shake his head and look away.

"We can't go back now. You have to face it Zaina. You have to face him Karim. You want justice. We want justice for everything. If you run today, then you may never be able to free again." Hadi says seriously looking at me. I can see a different Hadi right now. Hadi who is a lawyer not my friend. I sighed heavily and close my eyes as everything come like a flash back. How much he hurt me, how much he gave me pain for without any reason. How much he forced on me and how much lies he tell my parents.

Yesterday when we left Karim house, we immediately went there and was surprised to see the house. Instead of living in old house they are now living in big 3 story house. It was beautiful from outside and inside. In the house there were 4 bedrooms with attached baths, a big kitchen, living room, basement and a huge lawn at back of house. When my parents saw me they were shocked and told me to come in. I was happy, but it wasn't for long when they start yelling at me. They tell me what Karim told him about me running with some guy. I couldn't help but think again how they react when I try to defend me and tell them about what Karim did to me.

"How could you do this Zaina? We didn't raise you to see you doing all this. I thought you are not like her, but how could I forget that she was your mother. Your real mother." Mom says angrily. I stare at her shocked. W-What did she mean by that? My real mother?

"Mom, what are you saying? I am your daughter. You are my mother." I say, but her shake her head and glared at Dad who also look angry.

"No, you are not my daughter. You aren't our real child. You are the daughter of my sister-in-law and his sister." She says pointing toward Dad. He looks at me with a glare. I couldn't believe in what I heard. They aren't my real parents? The man who I call my Dad is my Uncle? 

"No, You are lying. You are my real parents. You are my Mom and Dad. Fariha and Ariz are my little siblings. Please say this is not true. Please." I begged them as my eyes watered. Dad stood up and walk inside after telling me to wait here. I couldn't believe what is all happening in my life.

"See this." Dad handed me the papers where is written about my birth and the name of some lady. Sheena.

"Sheena was my sister and your real mother. She was the youngest in our family and our only sister. She get everything she asked for and we give her without asking anything. At the age of 20 she was expecting you. She wasn't married. She tell us that someone forced her and we believe her. After that when we thought of her marrying someone, but she run away on her marriage day. When she comes back Dad was very angry and give her two choices. One is to abort you or two to give you birth and place you in adoption. She refused to abort and chose to give you birth. During the birth she passed away, leaving you to us. We decide it and adopt you." "When you were about a year old, we get a letter and some photos of my sister with some guy. When we start asking in her college, we get to know that she was dating to some random guy and made a mistake. When we meet her roommate she tell us that Sheena was doing a job and your real Dad was the regular costumer of that place. That is when we know that she lied and break everyone trust. That is the reason we never let any girl of our family go out and do jobs. We had never mentioned about her to you before because we thought it will be better to keep you away from the truth. We know that we raised you and you would never make a mistake like your mother but we were wrong. You also made a mistake, just like your real mother. If you asked me whatever Karim did to you as all good. You deserve more pain, hurting, beating." As my Uncle finished telling me the truth I stared at him shocked.

I can't believe whatever he tell me. I am not their child but an adopted kid. They also believe whatever I have gone through was only because I was like my mother. I had never broken the trust of the people who I thought were my parents. I had never let anyone say something to Mom Dad. I just wish they tell me everything before I get married then this all wouldn't be happening. If they think I am like my mother than I am and I don't care about anyone right now. Not even my family. I will show them that it is not important if my mother was wrong, then I am also wrong.

"Zaina?" My eyes shot open and look around. I saw Hadi is sitting next to me with a concerned look.

"Yeah?" My voice crack. I clear my throat and look down when he sighed heavily.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked making me swallow. I can't lie to him as he could tell when if I am telling truth or not.

"About my parents." I say and mentally correct myself as 'My uncle and aunty.' He looked away when he saw my eyes watered.

"Zaina, look I know you get a shock from hearing whatever they said, but you can't let it over you right now. You have to fight against Karim, against your fake parent. Yesterday you told me you will show them that you didn't deserve what you mother get because you are not like her. You are better than her and I know you are not lying about anything. I trust you Zaina and you also had to trust me for this. If we didn't trust each other, then we will get weak and might lose this case which result them to celebrate and..." He trailed off and look away when I look at him confused and feared. 

"And?" I asked him. He sigh and run his hand in his hairs before looking at me with sad hazel eyes.

"And maybe Karim take you away." He says quietly. I look at him shocked. No, I can't go with him. I had already gone through a lot and I couldn't take all that again. After many prayers I get rid of him and get second chance to live, now I can't let all this ruin by getting weak. Hadi is right, I have to stay strong and face everything, for the sake of my second chance to live, for the sake of my baby. I want justice and I will get it.

"You are right. I can't get weak right now. I have to stay strong and fight against them. Fight for everything I had taken without any argument. I will fight with Karim, my parents and everyone who thinks I am wrong." I say confidently. He smiled slightly and nodded. We stood up and walk back in the court room where everyone was waiting for Karim, since he is late and everyone is here on time. His lawyer requested to give him some time to get here. I can tell both Hadi and Karim lawyer hate each other as they sent death glares.

After about half an hour Karim finally decide to show up with Jess. I smirked when I saw Jess angry sitting next to Karim. I can tell he yelled at her as she tried to kiss him because Karim had some of bright red lipstick on the corner of his lips. I laugh quietly and rolled my eyes with a smirk when Jess glare at me. I focus back in front where Hadi started to explain everything to judge.

Yesterday, after we leave my Uncle place we went to the hospital and Hadi get a doctor and show the letter that he get from court for my physical check up they also run some tests. Hadi takes permission for this so he can prove how much Karim physically tortured me and how many times he forced me. Hadi also went to that hospital where Karim take me when I had my miscarriage. Hadi get all reports and ask doctor to favor by giving his statement against Karim. After a small fight of words between Hadi and defense lawyer, Hadi asked judge to call the doctor who do my body check up.

"Hello, Miss Wilson." She greet Hadi back and give him reports that Hadi forward it to judge. Judge opened the envelope and started to read it.

"So, would you like to tell everyone what is written in Miss Zaina reports?" Hadi asked her. She nodded and started to explain everything written in those white papers.

"I feel very bad to say, but Miss Zaina was tortured very badly in the past few months. We had seen some internal injuries that will take some time to heal. We also find the cut marks on her back and front. We also get to know about her wrist twisting from its place. There are lots of cuts on her body and even we discover that she had a miscarriage about a month ago. Because of that she had been really weak and I am afraid to say that she is not taking her pills that the doctors prescribe her." She said the same what she told me yesterday. Hadi nodded and dismiss her before look at Judge who is now busy writing something. Miss. Wilson left, but not before smiling and mouthed a good luck. I smile back and take a deep breath by thinking how much support I had. I wish Sheila Aunty was here with but she is not. Hadi grand dad is not well, so she is staying in Seattle for a while.

"I would like to call Mrs. Karim in front." Defense lawyer request causing me to get nervous. Judge nodded and grant his request. I look at Hadi but he just smiled reassuringly. I take a deep breath and stood up to walk over the chair which held a small mike. 

"Hello Mrs. Karim."

"Zaina." I correct him but he just chuckles. I look at Hadi and he clenched into tight fists.

"So, Mrs. Karim" He smirked when he saw my hard look. "Tell us why you want separation from your husband?" I look at him blankly didn't he listen what Hadi says about him torturing me?

"My Husband is psycho." I told everyone and a voice shout in the court room.

"I am not!" Karim yelled, getting up from his seat. His lawyer glared at him that caused him to sit back.

"Tell us the real reason Mrs. Karim."

"Real reason? What do you mean by that?" I asked him confused.

"I mean to say you want to separate from him because he is a psycho or because you are in love with someone else?" He says with a smirk. I look at him, shocked. Hadi is trying to say something, but stop.

"I was in love with only one person in my life and that was my Husband but not anymore after whatever he had done with me. Do you really want to know? Then listen. My Husband is not only a psycho, but a murdered. He bribe my adopted parents to marry me. He cheated on me with his ex colleague. I saw him with Jess the girl who is sitting next to him right now, in the mall and doing some stuff." I tried not to say anything more, but he wasn't convinced with it.

"Some stuff? What kind of stuff?" He asked with an evil look. I swallow and look at Hadi but he motion me to keep quiet and pick up something and handed to Judge.

"Tell me what kind of stuff you are talking about? Are you lying Mrs. Karim? I know you are because my client and your husband is not in a relationship with someone else. You are a liar Mrs. Karim. The only thing you want is to get rid of your husband so you could get with your lover!" By the end he was screaming making me flinch back.

"Objection! He is pressuring my client to accept something that is not true." Hadi stood up from his seat again and walk in the middle. Defense lawyer glared at Hadi then turned to me.

"Tell me Mrs. Karim what-" He was cut it off by Judge.

"That is enough. You may ask other questions or let her go." He says sternly. He tried to argue with Judge raised his hand that make him stop.

"My one last question. Whose baby you were pregnant with?" His question again give me shocked. My eyes watered to listen and answering that question again and again. 

"K-Karim." I stuttered out. He shake his head and went up to his desk and pick up some papers before handing it to Judge.

"Now, you are lying. My client Mr. Karim would never have a child on its own. Tell us the real father of that baby?"

"I am not lying. I swear he was the father of my baby. Why would I lie to everyone?" I asked him and pleaded to believe me but they didn't.

"Because you are involved with that guy John, who was an intern where you do work. Or that baby was someone else?" He smirked and look at Hadi. He was ready to kill him, but he had control on himself. Before I could answer Hadi interrupted.

"It maybe a miracle. I saw some people who couldn't have children but after a few years they become parents. It is a blessing from Allah." Hadi tried to convince judge, but Karim lawyer get in between it.

"Mr. Salman I don't know you believe in all this. I think you believe in science not in miracles."

"I do believe in Miracles of Allah." Hadi retorted back with a glare. Both staring contest broke when Judge dismiss both of them. 

"After looking at everything I give order to Mr. Karim to for check up to police forensic officer. The next hearing will be in two days. Court is adjourned" He slammed his gavel and stood up to leave. Hadi gathered his things and told me to follow him out. I wipe my teary face and sigh heavily to finally get out of here.

"You will regret it Zaina. I am warning you to take this case back or else you will regret it." Karim says from behind me as he step out. I turned around with a glare. 

"I am not going to take it back. You have to pay for everything you had done. Do whatever you want because this time I am not scared of anything." I say and walked away with Hadi.

'This time you will regret it Karim.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 25.9K 54
[ #07 in Spiritual - 10/03/16] "I-I Love Him" These 3 words break my heart. ----------------------------------------------------------- Asim is a dec...
369K 26.4K 43
She stare at her new room, decorated with roses and candles. Oh yeah, my wedding night! She felt like her inner self mocking her and she walked tow...
1.4M 55.9K 28
(Mafia Series#1) (Wattpad Version) [Also available on Inkitt with edited version and some changes.] - - - He banged his hand on the wall beside my he...
286K 16K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...