Chapter 12.

"I am fine Zeba." I smiled at her and walk out of the room.

Today when I woke up I feel tired and didn't want to come but I had to. Karim also tells me to take off when he sees how sleepy and tired I was but I also turn him down and come to work. After checking few patients I almost throw up in the lunch room and get faint but luckily Zeba was there with John. They make me sit and get me some juice and snacks. I didn't like it either, but I had to eat it because if I didn't Zeba would kill me.

It has been a month working here and now I see Zeba as my elder sister. I am still not in contact with my parents. After the last time we meet they went on long vacations, but didn't know where. I feel alone without talking or meeting with them. I miss my Mom, Dad, Fariha and Ariz. Karim told me that Dad tells him to tell me about their vacations. They didn't tell me where and when they will be back. I feel like they are trying to get rid of me.

"Come on, let's head out for lunch." Zeba voice break my thoughts. I sigh and shake my head.

"I am tired. You can go." I say and walk in the lunch room to get some coffee for myself.

"Zaina you should get back home. You didn't look well." John says, walking into a room with Zeba. I started to get annoyed and turn to look at them.

"Why don't you guys just leave me alone. I don't want to do anything." I say angrily and walk up to couch with my coffee.

"What the hell is wrong with her?" I heard John asking Zeba. Zeba says something at which he nodded and leave. She walked up to her bag and then sit beside me.

"Here. Take it." She handed me some kind of test. I took it from here and looked at her surprised. She is joking, right?

"What should I do with it?" I asked her confused. She sighed and smile softly.

"Zaina, your mood swing, throws up and dizzy are telling you are expecting. Just go and test it. If you want then we could go downstairs to doctor to get confirmed." She makes me stand and pushed me in the bathroom.

"What it says?" She asked as I exited to the bathroom. My eyes watered as I look at the test again. I handed it to her and she squeals like a child.

"Congratulations." She says happily and hugged me. I closed my eyes and hugged her back. This is what I want to start a family. I am pregnant with Karim child. I have to tell him soon. I know he will be happy when he know about it.

"Can I come in now?" We heard John annoyed voice from outside. Zeba pulled back giggling and went to the open door. I wipe my face and smile softly. This is the best moment in my life. I am going to be a mother. I put my hand on my stomach and tear slipped from my eyes.

"Congratulations Zaina." I heard a John voice from some distance. I looked up and saw him smiling.

"Thank you." I smiled and Zeba comes up to me.

"Now it is time to celebrate. Let's go." She says and take me with her. John follow us and we all went down. She stops in front of Ma'am Amna office and tell her we will be back in an hour. John drives us to near restaurant for the little lunch party.

This lunch was from Zeba but I insist that I will pay for it. They agreed and we give our order. John also order some cake for us and we celebrate it. Suddenly I feel like someone watching us. I look around, but didn't see anyone. I shrugged and we finish our lunch and drive back to the hospital. Today is the best day of my life. The day when I know I am going to be a mother.

Now I have to tell Karim and I know he is going to be very happy. I remember he tell me he like kids. I don't know how to tell him. Zeba suggest me to make his favourite dinner and tell him. It is a good idea. When I was off I tried to call Karim but his phone was switch off.

John drop Zeba and me to our home. I saw Karim car in driveway. If he is at home then why he switch it off? I went inside and saw Karim lying on couch with bandages wrapped around his head and he was sleeping. I quickly walked up to him and saw blood leaking from the bandage. I run in bathroom and wet towel. I walk back into living and saw him groaning in his sleep. I sit beside him and gently wipe the blood from the side of his head. He hissed and slowly open his eyes. He looked at me shocked and try to sit up.

"What are doing at home earlier?" He asked, but his voice in pain. He held his head in hand and closed his eyes.

"I get back on time. What happened to you? You went office. Then how you get injured?" I asked him hurriedly. He open his eyes and smile softly.

"I got in a little accident. My boss has given me off and my friend drops me here. Why didn't you call me. I would come to pick you up. How you come home?"

"I called you, but you phone was off. Zeba drops me here." I half lied because I know if I mention John name he will get angry again. He sighs and nodded. "I will make something for you." I say and went in the kitchen. I make some soup for him and walk back in the living room. He changed his cloths now.

"Sit with me." He look at me softly. I smile and nodded. I went in the kitchen and take my bowl before going back in the living room. I sit next to him. Karim turn on the TV and we eat silently. I should wait until he gets well. I smile as I imagine his happy face and him taking care of me.

"Why are you smiling for?" He asked confused. I shake my head and put on his shoulder.

"I love you." I looked at his face. He smiled softly and kissed my forehead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it. Well it is the last nice chapter between Karim and Zaina. Things will be changed from next chapter to end. 

From next week I will try to update more as I am free again. I will also reply to all comments on my books soon. Thank you for being patients and for your support. 

-Maddy.!