Chapter 8.

Karim.

I watch as she breath in and out while sleeping. I never think I will be so lucky to have her as my wife. I always carved for love and now finally I have someone who love me. I am still not sure to tell her about my family. Everytime when she asked I give her hint that I don't want to talk on this topic and thankfully she drop it. I just need some time to think how should I tell her truth about my Mom.

She is the only reason behind my hatred for women but I know Zaina is not like her. She will never do what my Mom do to my Dad. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself. Because I don't know after that if I will be able to control myself or not. I don't want to do anything that hurt Zaina in any way.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum" I heard a soft whisper. I looked up and saw Zaina already looking at me with small smile.

"Walaikum Assalam my beautiful wife." I smiled when she blush at my comment. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead making her sigh.

"What the time it is?" She asked with her eyes closed. I turned and look at clock.

"11 am" I replied and play with her hairs. Suddenly she sit up and look at clock in surprised. Even I was surprise to see her like that.

"Oh no. I am late for work." She stood up and rush in bathroom. I sigh and lay on my back. It has been a week since she starts doing job. I didn't mind it because I know she want to help her family. She was still unaware about the fact that I help her family in paying their loans. I didn't want her to know but if something ever happened I will tell her about truth. About the agreement between me and her family. I just hope that day never comes.

"Karim! Why are you still in bed? Go, fresh up and get ready for work." She shouted going downstairs in kitchen. I chuckled seeing her doing things in rush. I went in bathroom, take a quick shower and went back in room. I get ready and went downstairs after taking my bag with me.

"Slow down" I told her as she put my breakfast on table and run back in kitchen.

"Karim, please don't talk right now and eat your breakfast. You also had to drop me at hospital." She says coming back in dining area and sit on table next to me. I shook my head with a sigh and start eating. After 20 minutes we were done with breakfast. She says she will wash and clean everything after coming back. I had to control myself because I don't like when the house wasn't clean and we were outside. We drove toward her work place. She get a call from her new friend Zeba asking where is she. Zaina told her she is on her way as I park the car in front of hospital. I kissed her cheeks as the goodbye before driving to my office.

Zaina.

I ran inside after Karim drop me. I quickly change my cloths in changing room and ride upstairs on fourth floor where I had duties with someone today. I don't know anything about that person until Zeba told me few minutes ago. She didn't tell me the name or anything. I walk out of elevator on four floor. I look around but didn't see anyone. I head to the receptionist desk. I asked about the new intern and she told me he is in lunch room where we go during our breaks. I walk inside and saw an elder guy standing by window.

"Excuse me, are you new intern?" I asked him. He turned around and nodded.

"Yeah, I am John, new intern. I am waiting for Miss Zaina." He says with a small smile.

"Um... That's me but I am not Miss anymore. I am Mrs. Karim" I say and smile when he lowered his gaze and nodded.

"Sorry, Miss Zeba didn't tell me you're married." He says feeling embarrassed. I chuckle and shook my head.

"Don't worry, she also don't know anything about my married life." I say and motion him to follow me. I take him outside and toward glass board where Ma'am Amna pin chart of our duties. "So you had duty in room number 260 where Mr. Chamber was waiting for his sugar test. That room is end of the hall to your left." I say and show him room. Mr. Chamber was an older man of age 60. He had sugar and get hospitalize when his sugar level get high and his health got worst.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Karim." He says and open door to enter in room when I stop him.

"Call me Zaina." I say and he nodded. Now let's get back to work. I thought and went down again. Zeba again call me and tell me she is not coming today because she is sick. Today I attend my patients and half patients of Zeba and her other half was handled by Jasmine. She is my senior and a good friend. We didn't talk too much but I can call her good friend. She helped me with things where I get stuck.

When the day end, Karim told me he wouldn't be able to pick me up and I had to go by myself. He apologized many times and everytime I tell him it's okay. I can understand he also had office where he had to stay late sometimes. By the time I get home I was so tired that my eyes lids got heavy. I lazily walk in and sit on couch getting comfortable. My eyes started to fall and I didn't remember when I fall asleep.

I woke up when I heard front door getting slammed. I stood up and stumble a bit. I walk out and saw Karim taking out his tie roughly. I walked up to him and saw his angry face.

"What's wrong?" I asked slowly. He sighed and leaned forward to hug me. Surprised by his action I stood frozen on my spot. After few minutes I hugged him back and lightly rubbed his back.

"I am just having a hard time in office." He said with a heavy sigh. I sigh in relief. At least nothing bad happen with him.

"It's okay. Now you are at home. Go fresh up I will set dinner." I say after pulling back and walk in kitchen. First I quickly wash everything and clean kitchen before I make something quick for us. I set it on table and went upstairs. I enter in our room as he walk out to go down. I changed my cloths and went down to eat dinner with him.

"How was your day?" He asked causally eating his dinner. I shrugged and continue to eat.

"It was okay. Zeba was on leave for 2 days and I was given a new intern to work with. His name is John." I say and drink some water. I looked at him when I didn't get any reply. He was glaring at wall and his hands clenched into tight fist.

"What's happened?" I asked confused. He looked at me with a hard look before sighing and shaking his head.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about something. So how is your new intern?" He asked and I feel anger in his voice. I sigh thinking I shouldn't have tell him.

"He is good in his job. He is a year younger than me and also knows I am married." I say giving him hint that I tell about my marriage.

"How did he know?" He asked confused. I smiled.

"I told him when he says he is waiting for Zaina. I tell him I was Zaina but now I am Mrs. Karim." I says and smirked when he look relax. He get jealous so easily.

"Good because I don't like anyone seeing what is mine." He says and I didn't miss the strong hint of possessiveness in his voice. I mentally frowned. I am not a thing which he call his.

I didn't say anything and we continue to eat. I was still thinking. He see me as something which is his. He didn't see me as his wife. He was always possessive at little things which are related to me. I remember our last day on vacations when Karim slapped someone at airport when we are coming back. Because he was staring at our join hands.

I don't know why suddenly he got all possessive but all I know it is something related to his past or his parents. I have to ask him soon before it get too late.