Chapter 33.

Zaina.

"What did he say? Did he try to do something?" I asked Hadi worriedly. He sighed and look at me before looking back at the road. 

"No, he didn't do anything. He was just mad that court send him the divorce letter of his wife who is not alive." He say, but he didn't realise that how much it hurt me to hear that he I am dead to him.

"Oh, " I sigh and look out of the window. I would be lying if I say I am absolutely fine, because I am not. I thought of seeing Karim makes my heart stop. I don't know how I would be able to see Karim after what I saw in the mall. Is he still with her? Did he marry her? I have no idea what I am going to do when I saw him again. 

"Don't take the stress. Everything will be out." Hadi says softly, making me calm down. I nodded and take deep breaths to get my nervousness away.

"Thank you for helping me Hadi." I say with a small smile. He smiled and look back at the road. 2 hours ago Hadi got a call from his assistant that Karim comes yelling in the Hadi office for a case. Karim tried to hit Hadi assistant, but guards take him away and throw him out. As soon as we get to know about it, we pack our bags and hit on the road to go back.

------------------------

We reach back at home after 20 hours because we stayed the night at a small hotel. Hadi was tired and couldn't drive anymore. He tell me that he planned to teach me how to drive, but with everything that happened he couldn't. Hadi is trying to make me relax, but he is more nervous than me. I tried to tell him everything will be okay, but he wasn't sure who the judge will be because the female judge couldn't look into my case.

When we get back it was night and day after tomorrow we get the date of the first hearing. Hadi tells me to get back my home and try to search for my parents, but I know they wouldn't be there. Only one person knows about them and that is Karim but I know he wouldn't tell me where they are. If I want I could go back, but there is something that I don't want to see and that is Jess. I am sure she will be at home with him. 

"I don't want to go back there." I stated after I finish eating my food. Hadi sigh and take all dirty dishes to sink.

"Why can't you go there? I am promising you that I will be there with you. Don't worry, I would never let him lay a finger on you." He paused and turned to look at me but I quickly look down. I heard his footsteps coming closer and he stop. 

"Do you trust me?" He asked softly. I looked up at him and saw the nervousness in his eyes. The moment he decide to help me, I started trusting him because I know he will help me and would never leave me alone in the middle.

"Yes." I say quietly enough to hear him. He smiled and nodded.

"I know you do. Tomorrow early morning we will go back in the city to look for your parents. Okay?" He asked. I could feel myself nodding at him. He smiled for the last time and walk away to clean dishes. 

Next day we leave for the city about 8 am because today is weekend and Karim will be at home. So It will be easy to find my parent's house when he give me the address. Hadi says he will make sure Karim give it and that is why he is taking some police officer with us.

"I am here with you. Come on." Hadi says as he open my door. I take a deep breath and get out. We walk toward the house and saw an unfamiliar car parked outside. I know whose car is this and I just hope that she didn't open door. We walk on a few steps before Hadi ring the bells and waited for it to open. Officers were behind us to protect us if Karim tried to do something. 

"Coming!" A familiar annoyed voice yelled from the other side as Hadi keeps ringing. After the few minutes door open and I clenched my hand into a tight fist to see Jess standing in front of me in Karim shirt and a pair of short.