Hello, Mr. Darcy #NewAdult

By LilyFullyLiving

Book 1!!!!! _____________________ When two people belonged together, they just belonged together, as mes... More

James Darcy
Take Me Away
The Note From A Stranger
The Proposal
A Feathery Touch
To Die Of A Broken Heart
Sharing Is Not An Option
The Ex
Silly Girls Fall In Love
To Want A Puppy
The Decency Of Respect
Broken Nose And Touching Penises
Dangerous Predator
Beautiful Prey
A Little Bit Of Him
The Ecstasy Of Pain And Pleasure
Burning Homes
Once Upon An Act
The Darcy Detox
The Night Of Truths
Panic And Terror
Denial
Threats And Possessiveness
A Battle Lost In Defeat
Lost And Rehab
Insanity And Obsession
Independence
Lust And Embarrassment
Murder Plot
The Kidnapping Of Ms. Kineton
It's Not Really Kidnapping
Birthdays Kisses
To Want And To Forgive
Threats And Warnings
Surprises
A Mother's Sacrifice
Accidentally On Purpose
Sacrifices
Love Making
Needing
Emergency
Sperm And Eggs
A Child's Father
Life Choices
Vengeful Actions
Deadly Intents
The Art Of Moving On
Weakness
Hello, Charlotte

Give Me More

122K 4.7K 485
By LilyFullyLiving

Chapter 17

               (Charlotte's POV )
__________________

         "So, are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I asked Darcy who was walking out of the kitchen. I was sitting in the living room with my feet on the coffee table and a cup of hot chocolate in my hand because I just wanted some.

          It was late at night, having decided to stay in the penthouse and spend all that time pretty much just fucking our brains out like bunny rabbits. Exhaustion was an understatement of how I felt, and after the dinner we just had, all I wanted to do was sit and fall asleep watching TV.

"Why would anything be wrong?"

"Well, because you pretty much attacked me." I answered and looked up to find him standing in front of me in his pajamas pants. I had learned this penthouse was actually exclusively reserved to Darcy and so it was his home when he was in New York.

I never really understood why he stayed at hotels instead of buying a place, I mean he had the money for it; why not invest? Was it because he didn't want to commit? We all knew how freaked out he was of committing to anything.

"I don't feel like sharing." He said and that pissed me off.

"So, if I understand, you are okay with having sex with me without a condom but you can't open up to me even a little?" I placed the cup on the table, which was now half empty. "What are you scared of? I won't judge you, I'm not in the position to ever judge you." I added and he laughed.

"This is where you're mistaken Charlotte, I don't want to share not because I'm afraid of you judging me, but just because I don't care to. It's not what I need you for, it's never been what I need you for." He answered, his hands in his pockets.

I glared at him, hoping I didn't actually hear what had just come out of his mouth. I felt so stupid for defending him only just a few hours ago, he really was a douche and I felt like every time I changed my mind about him, he went around and said or did something to prove me wrong on him.

"Well, great way of making a girl feel like less than shit." I got my feet off the table and got up.

"I'm only telling the truth." He was still standing there a few feet away from me.

I wanted to punch him in the freaking face for being such a cold hearted son of a bitch, I also wanted to slap myself in the face for being this naive as to think maybe Darcy was changing a bit, maybe he was softening, maybe, just maybe, he saw me as a little more than his whore. I grabbed my purse off the sofa and slipped into my shoes.

"Where are you going?" He asked, I rolled my eyes not even looking at him, I grabbed my shirt, now missing buttons, and put it on.

"Well, you got what you wanted, my job here is done I guess. After all, that's all you need me for, right?" I told him, trying to close my shirt to hide my bra but failing miserably so I just tied it together in hope that it'll be enough until I got home.

"I'm not done with you." This made me finally look up at him. I shook my head before speaking.

"Too freaking bad because I'm done. You might not want to open up to me, but I know I deserve more and, until you realize that, refrain from contacting me." I grabbed my phone also off the sofa. "And I'm keeping your money because you freaking owe me that at least, since that's how things are." And with that said, I walked out the door, leaving him standing in his living room not even showing any regret.

___________________

(Darcy's POV )

          Walking away from where I was standing, I heard Charlotte slam the door shut, disappearing from my view. Well damn, I guess that could have gone better. I just didn't want to tell her she was part of why I was in such a moody state.

         Sharing much of my life and my past with people wasn't something I was willing to do and last night with her was more than I've ever shared with anyone before. It opened really deep wounds I worked very hard to keep away and she was the blame for all of it.

            I knew of course she didn't force me into telling her all of that, but some part of me just wanted to blame it all on her. I hated how much she did what no other woman was ever capable of doing in such a short period of time. I hated to admit it but she was getting under my skin.

         This layer, thick as iron, that kept me separated was being cut open little by little and I was watching while it happened -- even letting it happen. I had to do something about it before it was too late, before she dug so deep that coming back would pretty much be impossible. What was it about this female that got me so worked up, that made me feel like that?

I hated feeling this way because I was always the one in charge -- in control -- but with her, she made me wish things... even feel things, maybe. I had to get away and stay away before it was too late, before I really felt something, before this... thing became something it was not supposed to be to begin with. I decided I should keep her at a distance so I could figure out what was happening, so I could regroup, feel like myself. She had to go, it was the only way.

______________________

(Charlotte's POV )

Rose was sitting in the living room with the TV on when I opened the door and walked in. "Hey." I closed the door behind me, making sure I didn't slam the door while I was at it. She paused the movie she was watching and turned her head in my direction.

"Hey, I thought you were staying the night with Darcy." She said. I shrugged, placing my keys on the hook above the table that we placed next to the entrance and leaving my purse on said table before taking my shoes off.

"I thought so too." I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, wanting to just curse someone out to get all the frustration out of me. Or, I could drink myself silly and forget this night. "God, I seriously need a beer." I sort of breathed out those words as I got two beer bottles out.

"Ah, Shit. What happened now?" She asked. I walked over to her and sat down, handing her one of the bottles because if I'm drinking, I needed her to be drinking with me.

"Darcy being Darcy, you know." I answered, taking a sip of the cold drink, feeling it travel through my system, tasting the refreshingly bitter taste of the beer.

"What did he do this time?" She asked. I shrugged, taking another sip.

"Well, let's see," I started sarcastically, placing my bottle on the coffee table and turning my body to fully face her. "Beside the fact that he made me feel like shit? Or the fact that he pretty much makes me feel like I'm not worthy enough for him to open up to?" I shook my head as my eyes closed and a laugh escaped my lips. "God Rose, I don't understand how he's more than willing to share his body and fuck me to almost unconsciousness, but letting me close enough to him on a deeper level he can't do." I opened my eyes to find my friend's hand on my elbow. I tried a smile.

"Aw, Charlotte," she said, then pulled me in for a hug. "Come here, honey." wrapping me into her arms tightly. I let out a sigh, resting my head on her.

"I can't do this anymore, you know. I'm not asking to marry him or for us to fall in love and drive into the sunset bullshit. I just don't want to feel like I'm a complete stranger. We've been doing this for what, three or four months now? I'm just done." I pulled away from her to look her in her eyes. "I won't see him again until he gives me something more." I told her while trying to tell myself it was best this way.

I deserved better than what was being given to me. I enjoyed having sex with him, but I wanted more. I needed more than what he was offering. I needed some type of connection and until I got it, I would stay away from him.

_____________________

(2 weeks later )

I heard music blasting from the living room as I walked out of my bedroom and smiled when I recognized August Alsina's beautiful voice coming out of the speakers and Rose moving her tiny body to the music while pouring out some coffee into a cup.

"Morning." I yawned as I walked into the kitchen. She turned around smiling with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Good morning, babe." She chirped happily, moving closer to me to give me a quick hug. "Sleep well?" She asked, moving the cup of coffee to her lips. I shrugged, reaching out for the K-cups to make myself some coffee.

"I mean it wasn't a horrible sleep, I just didn't have much of it." I answered while waiting for my cup of coffee to brew. The smell alone was so refreshing as I knew it was what I needed to finally fully wake up. I've never truly been a morning person so it was always a struggle for me to actually look alive in the morning when I woke up.

"Has Darcy called you?" She asked. I knew this question was coming, I didn't know when, but I knew it was coming. The last time she had asked was probably three days ago when she had found me laying in my bed at three in the afternoon.

It wasn't the first time Darcy and I had gotten into an argument or had not seen each other for a week or so but somehow this time around it really got to me. Why? That, I wasn't too sure about. Maybe it was because after all that's happened between us, somehow, I thought maybe things had changed a bit. Maybe I thought this thing happening between us had become something else.

Maybe we were becoming friends and actually connecting on a deeper level. What I hadn't realized until the night when I left Darcy in the penthouse, was no matter how much I tried with him, Darcy would only see me as nothing but basically the girl he pays to fuck. Now I thought about it, I realized if that's all he wanted, then I was sure he could find hundreds of girls willing to do what I do for him for free, girls he didn't have to financially care for.

So why was he with me then? Why if he didn't want anything else other than sex from me doesn't he just end it? Maybe it was my fault, too, for accepting his offer way too quickly and never truly think about it.

I looked back at Rose and shook my head. "Nope, he hasn't." I simply answered. "And to be honest, I think it's best he doesn't try to contact me, unless he's ready to change the way he acts with me. As I told him, I deserve more and until he gives me what I want, he should probably stay away from me." I finished, leaning my body on the kitchen counter behind me.

"Well, all I can say is I've never met anyone as stubborn as you are." She said before walking out of the kitchen.

Frowning, I asked. "What do you mean? He's the one that's stubborn, way too stubborn I might add." I followed her to the living.

"You both are, Charlotte. You both are. And it's crazy to think you guys honestly don't see what's happening between y'all." She answered as she paused the music on her phone and reached for the remote to turn on the tv. My frown deepened as I sat down in the other sofa next to hers.

"What are you talking about? All I want is to be taken seriously. I'm more than what he thinks of me, you know."

"I know you are. And I'm sure Darcy thinks very highly of you." She added and I rolled my eyes at the hilarity of her words. I was sure even she didn't believe what she had just said.

"Anyway, I just really want my classes to start so I can focus on something else other than Darcy." I told her, grabbing the remote from her hand. "Are we going out for lunch?" I asked, flipping through the channels to find something to watch. "It's like what, twenty past eleven?" I looked up at the clock hanging above the tv. "I'm starving, Rose."I told her.

"Yeah, well you're the one who decided to stay in bed until now. I woke up awhile back took a shower and everything. I was just waiting for you."

"Okay, let me go grab a shower real quick before we go." I told her as I got up and headed off to my room.

______________________

I had just finished with my shower and was now putting on some clothes so we could finally head out to eat, when I heard yelling from the living room.

"Charlotte, you have a visitor!" She yelled at the top of her lungs from the living room.

"Who is it?" I yelled back as I was putting my dress on, and since it was hot, I decided to keep it simple and opted for a short, white, crossed back dress. A bonus for me is that I didn't have to wear a bra.

"Uhm, I think maybe you should come out here." She yelled again. Why couldn't she just tell me who the hell it was? It wasn't like I knew a lot of people in in the city. And then, I thought back to two days ago when had met this guy called Finn and his boyfriend Laurence at the library and they were super nice. I talked about them to Rose and we decided to invite them to dinner that same night at our place which had been super fun.

"Well, I'm kinda busy so maybe you should tell whomever it is to just wait for me. Oh and if it's Royce tell him to just come in." I said, applying some concealer under my eyes to hide those black circles, then fixed my eyebrows before lightly applying some nude color lipstick.

"Charlotte, just come out here."

I sighed, what the hell was all this secrecy about? I was honestly getting annoyed whoever this was couldn't even bother to wait a second while I was getting ready... well unless it was someone I didn't know, then that was different.

"God, who is it?" I asked, already annoyed.

"Uhm, it's....Darcy." She answered and I had to admit that my heart skipped a beat.

"Oh..." I hesitated for a moment before continuing. "Tell him I'll be out in a second." I said, looking straight at the door even though it was closed. I smiled but deep down I was a bit nervous, so I thought maybe I should take a few seconds to compose myself before going out there.

And when finally, after taking a deep breath -- or a thousand-- I made my way to the living room where Darcy was standing, waiting for me.

He was standing there in his signature stance with hands in his pockets and looking so well put together in his designer suit that fit his muscular body and long legs so nicely. He also had his glasses on, which was very weird only because he rarely wore them. Damn, he looked good. I looked around and noticed Rose had probably gone in her room to give us some privacy.

"Do you still want to get to know me?" He asked as soon as I stopped in front of him. His face as usual showing no emotion -- a poker face.

"Yes," I answered, my heart beating so fast in my chest I thought it would explode and splatter right there on the floor in front of him.

"You're sure that's what you want, Charlotte? There's a reason why I haven't shared much with you. Are you sure you can handle my world?" He asked and I nodded because I had the time to think about it and I came to the decision that no matter how bad it was, I would deal with it.

"I'm sure." I tried not to smile. He nodded once but didn't say anything for a while, just staring deep into my eyes, until finally he opened his mouth to speak.

"Okay," He said then took a few steps towards me. I looked up to meet his searching eyes. "Go grab a bag, we are going to Alabama."

"Really?" A smile escaping my lips. He nodded which made me fully smile.

"Okay." The excitement as I turned around to head to my room, was apparent.

"Oh and Charlotte," He called after me so I turned around to meet his eyes. "If I ever learn of Royce being in your room, I will rip him apart." He said in a voice so deep and dangerous it made a shudder travel down my back. I swallowed hard and turned away from his angry gaze.

____________________

Vote and comment 😀 😄 Check out "Ghost"

Edited by ros7ie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
4.7K 249 60
All the teasing, the soft brushes of skin, the jealousy, the late night talks, the sexual tension so thick you could cut with a knife-they were all l...
143K 1.9K 4
FAVORITE COMMENTS: ** "One of my all time favorite books, I'll never forget it" (@sedaoriente) ** "I love how easily the chemistry built up between t...
1.1M 34.2K 66
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS CUTE, HOT, SWEET, SEXY, ROMANTIC, MUSSY, DRAMATIC, EMOTIONAL, INTENSE. Beware. EXTRACT (SUMMARY BELOW): “Like father, like son...