The Assassin's Mate

By NanyaMbaji

Darshana Cameron is 19 years old. She was taken at the age 7, by a group of rogues. they took her captive an... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Characters Overview
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28- Luna Ceremony 1
Chapter 29- Luna Ceremony 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 25

18.6K 655 49
By NanyaMbaji

Darshana's POV

I couldn't lay down well because the floor was so hard and my back was sore due to the whipping. They gave me nothing to suppress the pain and left me to heal by myself. I sat on the floor with my back facing the cell. I heard the cell door opening and ignored whosoever that entered. Suddenly, I felt a brain melting pain hit my back with full force. I screamed and fell on my face with tears streaming. The person poured hot water on the open wounds on my back.

"I'm sorry. Jack sent me to do it and I couldn't go against his orders. You are very little and I hate what is happening to you." I turned around to see who spoke and it was Paul, the kindest of them all. I just looked at him because the pain in my back didn't let me process anything.

"I'm going to try and set you free." He whispered and my interest perked up.

"How?" I said in a raspy voice.

"Just get ready. Midnight, I'm going to come and get you okay? Make sure you get enough sleep." He whispered then left. I finally had hope since three years in this prison. I was now ten years old and I finally had hope for escape. I managed to lay on my side and take a nap, readying myself for the escape.

"Quick! Wake up! Let's go." Paul whispered/yelled as he unlocked my cell. I quickly followed him behind and hoped no one would find us. He took me to a secret tunnel. It was so dark that I couldn't see. He led me out and I finally saw the moonlight for the first time ever in three years. Silent tears fell down my face because I was finally escaping. I was finally free.

"Thank you so much." I whispered with tears still in my eyes. I didn't act like a ten year old because over the years, I was forced to mature and grow up without parents.

"Let's go. You are finally free." Paul led to the woods and we ran. We kept running and my legs were getting tired because I haven't eaten well in a week now. I slowed down my pace and Paul noticed and carried me and continued running. We heard paws pounding on the ground and I looked through Paul's shoulders and saw four wolves running towards us. I panicked.

"Paul! They are behind us!" I yelled in fright.

"I know. We can do this." Paul said and suddenly, we tripped over and I tumbled and landed on the floor. I hit my head on a stone and it cut my head. My vision was getting cloudy. I looked up and saw Jack holding Paul's neck. I screamed for Jack to let him go but he just smiled at me evilly.

"I'll let you watch him die." Jack snarled at me and I glared at him. Two men held Paul down and Jack held his head.

Paul mouthed an "I'm sorry" before Jack brought out his claws and stuck his hand in his chest and brought out his heart. I screamed and ran into the woods trying to escape but Jack caught me and threw me to the ground. He hovered on top of me with a knife.

"This won't hurt." He smiled slyly as he pressed the knife on my stomach.

"No! Please please don't do this!" I begged and thrashed around. I felt the knife going deep into my stomach and I kept yelling in pain.

"No!! Please stop!"

"No!!" I yelled as I shot up from bed with sweat dripping down my face. Derek and May quickly rushed into the room and held me. Derek soothed me but I couldn't calm down. I was still on high alert.

"Calm down Darsh. It was just a dream." May said but I still wasn't paying attention to them. It was like I was in my own world with all the traumas. 

"Darshana!" Derek yelled as he shook me. I snapped out of it and started crying. I've been showing my weak side lately and I hate it. I am not weak. I don't cry but here I am, crying a river.

"I can't deal anymore. The nightmares are getting worse." I wailed in May's arms.

"When you were over at Raiden's place, you had nightmares right?" Derek asked. His name caused a slight pain in my heart but I nodded at Derek.

"So how did you go back to sleep then? How did you relax?" Derek asked again.

"Raiden usually slept with me and it made me feel at peace." I said as I remembered us together.

"You need Raiden. You need him just like he needs you Darshy. Please give him a chance." May begged.

"I don't need Raiden. I don't care if he needs me because I don't need him. Just get me a sleeping pill." I said icily to them and Derek sighed. May left and quickly came back with the pills and a glass of water. I downed it down and laid back in my bed.

"Goodnight." May said and kissed my head.

"Goodnight Darshy." Derek sighed and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I finally went back to sleep because the drug was starting to take effect on me.

I woke up and was feeling...I don't know how I was feeling. I did my morning routine and headed downstairs for breakfast. I didn't see any of them there but i saw my breakfast on the table and quickly ate it because I was so hungry. I think I skipped my night meal that would explain the terrible hunger. I decided to go over to Derek's office to see if he was there. I opened his office door and saw him and a familiar back that was facing me. The person turned and I saw Brian.

What is he doing here!

I glared at him and Derek excused himself and left Brian and I alone in his office. I sat on Derek's seat and kept glaring at Brian.

"I'm sorry Darsh."

Silence.

"I didn't mean what I said to you back there."

Silence.

"I can explain everything. Why I acted that way." I still kept quiet while glaring at him and he continued.

"Raiden and I have been best friends ever since we were born. We did everything together. Our parents were very close because his parents were the alphas and mine were the betas so there was an obvious mutuality. We were bros you know? We swore to keep ourselves for our mates. Yes, Raiden is still a virgin. Then his parents died during a rogue attack and it took a very big toll on him. He was so devastated and he felt like he had no one to watch his back. He had a sister though and he had to take care of her at a young age.

    He felt alone and unloved because he was so close to his parents and they showered him so much love. Sometimes I blamed him for not protecting his parents because they died in front of him and he couldn't do anything about it then I learned it was very stupid of me to blame him for it. Two years later, my parents died too and Raiden had to take the alpha position at the age of 17. We only had each other to depend on that's why when you came and you were acting so mean to Raiden, I thought you were going to break his heart and leave him like his parents did when they died. I didn't want Raiden to be heart broken the second time that's why I tried to make him have a backup if you ever left him. I didn't know what you also passed through till now. I am really sorry for everything I have done and for judging you." Brian said with a tear falling from his eye. He quickly wiped it away.

Did he just cry and apologize?? I brushed the thought away. I was touched by what he said because I didn't knew Raiden had gone through so much at a young age. Our problems were almost similar. I couldn't give in easily to Brian after all he did to me. I had to put up a tough exterior. 

"Are you done?" I asked without emotion. Brian's face dropped because he was expecting a better reaction from me.

"Please Darsh. Raiden needs you. He is terrible without you. He can't lead the pack without the Luna. Please Darsh, think about it." Brian stood up and left.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should forgive Raiden and come back to him because I need him too. I admit it, I like him very much and I need him as much as he needs me too.

Yessss!! She finally admitted her feelings for Raiden! Let's see what happens in the next chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you so so much.

What do you think is king to happen? Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 27.8K 35
-"I will never be you'r anything!" i yell at Kyle, i see the pain flash in his eyes but i dont care , he cant treat me this way for years and then ex...
182K 4.3K 28
Danielle is the new Alpha of the Star pack. After her parents were murdered the position was passed down to her. At 15 years old, and just had her fi...
129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...
2.3M 67.4K 62
Evangeline has never had a perfect life. At the age of five she lost her mother. Since then her father has been away on business trips leaving her to...