Not Your Typical Love Story

By INSANITY36XOXX

Scarlett Pierce is your typical popular cheerleader: gorgeous, blonde, and of course is dating the hottest gu... More

Introducing the Main Characters & AN
Chapter 1: Senior Math and Cold Pizzas
Chapter 2: Math Tutor + Brother's Best Friend = Should Be Interesting
Chapter 3: Sneezing and Cheating
Chapter 4: Brothers and Best Friends
Chapter 5: Regrets and Mistakes
Chapter 6: Mean girls and Rumors
Chapter 7: Break ups and Evil Plans
Chapter 8: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 9: Blackmail and Moving out
Chapter 10: An Exciting Lunch
Chapter 11: Bloody Noses, Black Eyes and Bad Books
Chapter 12: Confrontation
Chapter 13: The Bitchtionary
Chapter 14: The Airplane Boy
Chapter 15: Drunkness At Parties
Chapter 16: The Art of Getting Through an Awkward Conversation
Chapter 17: Friend-Zoned
Chapter 18: The Auction
Chapter 19: The Dates; Part 1
Chapter 20: The Dates; Part 2
Chapter 21: The Dates; Part 3
Chapter 22: Confession
Chapter 23: Discovery
Chapter 24: The Three Musketeers
Chapter 25: Finally
Chapter 26: The Big Suprise
Chapter 27: Milk Mustaches
Chapter 27: Forgetting?
Chapter 28: Nate; Master Secret Keeper? Or Failed Match-Maker?
Chapter 29: Courtney Makes A Comeback

Chapter 30: Dinner with the Jones?

327 19 21
By INSANITY36XOXX

Chapter 30: Dinner with the Jones?

 ***Scar's P.O.V***

I ran down the stairs, racing to catch up with Carson. I opened the door and saw him getting into his car, looking more pissed off than I'd ever seen him.

"Carson, wait! Carson please!" I scrambled down the steps, running to his car door, where he was waiting rather impatiently.

"What, Scar? You've obviously chosen the guy who broke your heart into a million pieces, without a second thought. It's not my business whether you're ruining your life, " he muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Wha-Carson, what are you talking about? How the hell am I ruining my life? I'm just befriending Cole again!" I yelled at him, fed up with everyone thinking they knew more about how to run my life than I did.

"Scar!" He exclaimed, "You tell me to forget what happened between us, but when Cole waves a hand in your direction, you go running! Do I need to remind you? He hurt you Scarlet!" he was yelling too, and I knew if I looked, I would see Nate peering out of the curtains.

"How would you know what's best for me Carson?! You wouldn't, and you don't! So stop trying to control my life for me! If I want to be friends with someone, then god damn it, I will be friends with them! And you definitely cannot have a say in that!" I was full out screaming, glaring at a shocked Carson, and probably looking like a crazy person, but I didn't care.

"I'm just trying to protect you! I don't want you getting hurt! Why can't you understand that?!"

"You sound like Nate," I scoffed, rolling my eyes, "Why can't I be friends with both you and Cole at the same time?"

"Because Scarlet! How do you not see it?" he looked slightly shocked, as if the answer was obvious.

"I don't know, enlighten me," I snapped, fed up with being in the dark all the time.

"Because we both like you Scar, god damn it!" He finally got out of the car, glowering despite what he said. I no longer knew whether the anger was directed at me or Cole.

"Wh-but, why should that matter?!" I stammered out, confused.

"I personally can't stand to be around him. He's obnoxious and conceited." Carson sneered, not sounding like himself.

"What's wrong with you Carson? You're acting like a jealous boyfriend. I don't even know why I came out to try to talk things out. You know what? Just forget it. Just leave." I turned on my heel, walking back inside with my head held high, ignoring Carson's pleas for me to turn around. When I felt him touch my shoulder I flinched, and hit it away harshly, running back inside and slamming the door. I turned, looking out of the window, to watch Carson slowly get into his car and drive away. Half of me wanted him to turn around and come back, but the other half of me, the stronger half of me, told me to forget him, and that if he couldn’t accept my choices, he shouldn’t need to be a part of my life. I stood my ground, and let him drive away. I felt Nate approach me, but still flinched when he touched my shoulder.

“Hey…” Nate seemed lost for words.

“I know you were looking, and I don’t want to talk about it,” I brushed his hand off, and walked up the stairs to my room.

“But Sca-“

“I said I don’t want to talk about it,” I said sharply, each word punctuated.

“Okay, okay,” I head Nate walk away, into the kitchen, door swinging on its hinges.

I walked into my room and shut the door quietly, lying back on my bed and sighing. Checking my phone, I started to wonder whether what I had told Carson was a mistake. Was it really not possible to be friends with both boys? And if so, who would I choose over the other? Would I even need to choose?

Before I could ponder this for too long, I noticed I had a couple texts from Cole, and Noah. I answered Cole’s first, knowing he’d be anxious.

Cole: Hey Scar what’s going on? Why did you hang up?

Me: Nothing just my brother needed help with something, that’s all

Cole: Alright, well I’ve got to go help my mom make dinner. Bye

I looked through Noah’s messages next.

Noah: Want to grab coffee tomorrow?

I released the breath I've been holding in since Carson first arrived, and replied, "Sure, how about 1?" Between the whole debacle with Carson and Cole, Betsi spending so much time with Devin, and my parents added to that list, I desperately needed to talk to someone who wasn't Nate. 

Noah: That’s fine, the cafe just around the corner of your street with the umbrellas?

Me: Perfect. See you tomorrow at 11!

Noah: C ya

I looked around my room, still fuming about my argument with Carson. I finally decided that, like Nate, Carson had to learn that I control my own life. I sighed again, slowly getting up and going downstairs to find Nate. I found him in the kitchen, absentmindedly eating leftovers and staring at the wall, eyebrow creased, as if deep in thought. I came up and hugged him from behind.

“I’m sorry I snapped at you,” I pouted, hugging him tightly.

“Nah, it’s fine. But are you going to tell me what happened, or am I staying in the dark?” He turned around, hugging me back.

As I dived into explaining Carson and I to Nate, his expression turned from thoughtful to angry, and then to guilty when I mentioned Carson was acting like he used to.

“Wait, does Cole still like you? Because if he does, he better not do anything he’ll regret,” Nate glowered, and added some eyebrow raises for extra emphasize, but quickly stopped after I gave him a deadpan look, smiling sheepishly.

“I don’t know! And I’m not about to ask!” I exclaimed, “I don’t know what Carson was saying, he’s just too confusing.”

“Well… Scar, I think we all know he likes you…” Nate trailed off, giving me a meaningful look.

“I…um..”

“Oh come on Scar, even you can’t be that oblivious,”

“Okay, whatever…”

Nate smiled and ruffled my hair, then ran away, knowing I’d get my revenge on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I woke up at 10:00, after falling asleep laughing on the phone with Cole about the most random things. I did homework until about 12:00, then I got up, changed into a pair of jean shorts and a black shirt, running a brush through my hair, and grabbing my phone and sunglasses. I walked out the door, planning to walk to the cafe, since it was a nice day. By the time I got to the cafe, it was 12:50, so I figured I would order something and wait for Noah.

 "Guess," I heard Noah's voice, lowered an octave, as my eyes were covered. I laughed and spun around, to see him smiling.

"Hey," I said as he sat down.

"Hey, so we haven't talked in a while. Like actually talked,"

"No kidding, there's so much drama around," I groaned just internally thinking about it.

"Wanna talk about it?" I looked across the table to see Noah looking at me, concerned.

I sighed, and dived into the story once again, but this time with Noah, and his expression didn't falter from plain concerned.

"So... Let me get this straight. Both Carson and Cole like you?"

"Well, I don't know if Cole still likes me... I mean, I guess he used to, since we went out and all..."

"But Carson?"

"..."

"Complicated?"

I gave him a nod, and a small smile appeared on my face. 

"Well, we don't need to talk about that then,"

"Thank you," my smile widened, and now i looked up at him, to see him smirking at me.

 "So anyways, what else is up?"

For two hours, I managed to forget all of the drama in my life, and focus on Noah's antics, laughing for the whole time, thoroughly enjoying myself.

"Thanks Noah," I sighed, drinking more of my second coffee of the day.

"No problem, what are friends for right?" He smiled at me, then glanced down at his phone with it buzzed.

"Shit, I've got to go," he grimaced, "Sorry to leave."

"No, it's fine," I sighed.

"We've got  to prepare for some family over for dinner, my mother's work of course," He groaned, "Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you come with me?"

"Oh, I dont kn-"

"Please? They're so boring, can you please come?" he gave me a pitiful look, and I groaned.

"Fine, let me change first,"

Noah stopped by my house, and let me out. I quickly told him I'd be right back after I changed and sprinted up the stairs while shouting hastily at Nate explainning where I'd be for dinner. After mulling it over, I chose a simple grey dress that ended just above me knees. I pulled on black flats, and brushed the tangles out of me hair. Finally, I slathered some lipgloss on, put on some blush, slid on some bracelets, and I was ready to go. I ran outside to find Nate talking to a scared looking Noah.

-I even hear about you not pulling out her chair, you can be sure that I'm going to hurt you in the most unforgettable way imaginable, got it?" He all but growled at Noah.

"Nate, we're friends, what were we talking about yesterday?" I groaned, pulling him away, and shoving him towards the front door.

"Fine, sorry," Nate said sheepishly, and walked back towards the front door. 

"Sorry about that, he can get..."

"Nah, it's fine," Noah said and sped away from Nate, towards his house. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got to Noah place, he parked the car, but didn't make a move to get out.

"Are we going to get out or is dinner served in here?" I teased.

"Oh, yeah. Well if you ever want to leave, just tell me and I'll get you out as soon as possible." he warned, getting out of the car.

"Noah, seriously, relax," I rolled my eyes, "I'll be fine, I live with Nate,"

He chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck, "Sorry,"

We walked up to the front door, and as soon as Noah made contact with the handle, his mother opened the door.

"Scarlet! What a pleasant surprise! Come in, come in. It's about time you came back, I thought I had scared you away! How are you?" She ushered me in, grinning.

"I'm fine, and you Mrs. Jones?"

"I told you, call me Katherine! And I'm wonderful sweetie, thank you, please, come to the dining room! I was delighted when Noah told me he was bringing you!"

"Thank you!" I said, surprised, as she brought Noah and I into the dining room, where I saw whom I assumed to be Mr. Jones, and another couple, along with a girl I presumed was their daughter. She had her head down with her hair covering her face. From the way she was sitting, I could tell she was irritated.

"Mrs. and Mr. Hansen, this is my son Noah, and his guest, Scarlet," she introduced.

Hansen... Why did that sound familiar?

"Diane, do you know Noah and Scarlet?" My head snapped in the direction of the girl, and Diane, was glaring right back at me.

"Hello, Scarlet," she said tightly.

"Hi Diane," I smiled innocently.

"So you two are familiar?" Mrs. Jones smiled gleefully.

"Yes, we are," I said at the same time that Diane said "You could say that,"

"Good! You can sit next to her then." she lead me to a seat next to Diane, who would've killed me right there if she could.

"Thank you," I smiled graciously, and Noah took the seat across from me, muttering under his breath about irony.

"Please, everyone, dig in," Mr. Jones spoke for the first time.

Most of the conversation during the meal was about business, and the whole time Diane was giving me dirty looks, muttering about the stupidity of this dinner, and the stupidity of me, but was silenced by her mother giving her a stern look.

"So, Scarlet and Noah," Mrs. Hansen cleared her throat, setting down her fork and knife and smiling at us, "Are you in any of Diane's classes?"

"Yes, we both are," Noah answered for both of us.

"Oh, lovely, so you're both familiar with her?"

"You could say that," I smiled, "Diane dated my brother's best friend, Carson." I saw Diane's hands tighten her grip on her cutlery. 

"Oh yes, I remember Carson, such a sweet boy. Do you know him well Scarlet?" Mrs. Hansen asked fondly.

"She's very familiar with him," Diane muttered under her breath.

"What are you implying Diane?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, nothing," she gave me an innocent look, and I narrowed my eyes slightly.

"Diane..." Mrs. Hansen overlaid warning in her voice.

"Whatever," Diane rolled her eyes, and continued eating. Awkward silence ensued. 

After dinner was over, Nate texted me asking why I was so late, I replied telling him I'd be home soon, then asked Noah to drive me home.

"Okay mom, I'm gonna drive Scar home, okay?" he asked his mom, who ran to me and enveloped me in a tight hug, with Noah groaning in the background.

"You've have to stop by more, Scarlet, and then maybe Mrs. Hansen, Diane, you and I could have a girls day." she suggested, her eyes sparkling. Then, in a not-so-hushed voice, she leaned in and whispered, "I could never do those with Noah," 

"Yes, that would be lovely," I laughed, and glanced knowingly at Diane that it would never happen.

When we got back to my house, I turned to Noah and smiled.

"I had fun, really," I laughed at the sour expression on his face, "It's fine, you didn't know Diane was going to be there."

"Well..."

"Noah! Come on," I groaned.

"Well would you have come if I knew she was going to be there?"

"Maybe... Okay, no,"

"I just didn't want to be alone there, sorry Scar," he pouted comically, and I couln't help but laugh.

"Nah, it's fine, besides I probably would've done the same in your situation," I nudged his shoulder, "Well you should probably return to Diane."

He groaned, as I laughed and got out. 

"See ya at school," and I walked up to my front door, waving goodbye. I walked through the door, brushing off Nate telling him that no, I did not get drunk, or high, and no nothing happened with Noah because we're just friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys!

Em here again. I know it was Jess's turn but I basically begged her to let me write this one. (She did. - Jess) Two people I know kept on asking me to finish, and they were getting pretty annoyed *cough cough* fiona and henry *cough cough*. Bad thing about being an only child, life is boring. Well, yeah. This one I'm not proud of, but the sad thing, we're ending in a couple chapters! Anyways, who's your favorite character? Mine's Noah, quite honestly, he's pretty awesome :)

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to fan, vote and favourite!

~ Em

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 73 47
In high school, Riley Evans was the most popular girl in Atlanta. She had the popular jock boyfriend, was the captain of the cheer team, had a large...
13.5K 244 43
Bella is going into senior year with her two best friend Luna and Evie. She had amazing grades and great friends. The only thing she wasn't looking f...
2.3K 202 19
Scarlet falls in love with her best friend. And then he breaks her heart by cheating. With the bullying and the taunting, she manages to find someone...
2.5K 232 42
Mora has only ever focused on one thing. Her brother and their two best friends. Not a care in the world, except what kind of toppings they would eat...