Purely Arrogant | ✓

بواسطة QueenOfTheDorks

He's popular. I have one friend. He's outgoing. I'm quiet. He has a girlfriend. I'm alone. I'm shy and he'... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1: Eradication
Chapter 2: Impression
Chapter 3: Exhalation
Chapter 4: Adjustation
Chapter 5: Confrontation
Chapter 6: Orientation
Chapter 7: Communication
Chapter 8: Intrusion
Chapter 9: Fascination
Chapter 10: Preservation
Chapter 11: Observation
Chapter 12: Condemnation
Chapter 13: Exaggeration
Chapter 14: Preparation
Chapter 15: Education
Chapter 16: Flirtation
Chapter 17: Interrogation
Chapter 18: Hesitation
Chapter 19: Exasperation
Chapter 20: Attraction
Chapter 21: Frustration
Chapter 22: Administration
Chapter 23: Explanation
Chapter 24: Solidification
Chapter 25: Abrasion
Obliteration
Chapter 27: Consolation
Chapter 28: Contemplation
Chapter 29: Humiliation
Chapter 30: Admiration
Chapter 31: Indignation
Chapter 32: Devestation
Chapter 34: Dissipation
Chapter 35: Desperation
Chapter 36: Irritation
Chapter 37: Cooperation
Chapter 38: Temptation
Epilogue: Graduation
Three months later...
A little insight into the future....
Two Million!
Q&A
Saving Annalise / Life Update
THE ART OF ME & YOU / LIFE UPDATE

Chapter 33: Exclamation

129K 5.3K 572
بواسطة QueenOfTheDorks

"Juliette" I heard a whisper, I groaned, turning my head away from the source of noise and covering my body with the blanket.

I shut my eyes tightly together, hoping that the whispering will disappear.

"Juliette" I heard once again.

"Go away" I muttered as I covered my face with my hands, hoping that maybe if they can't see me they'll think I've disappeared.

"Juliette!" I heard for the third time.

This time my eyelids snapped open. "What?" I groaned. My vision cleared to reveal Eliza who was half in the tent and half out of the tent. Suddenly my mind took me back to yesterday.

Eliza smirked slightly at me and when I turned to my side I knew why. On my left, was Levi, who had his arm lightly draped across my stomach. Sleeping as if somebody had sedated him.

Okay, I probably could have thought of a better analogy.

"What Eliza?" I whispered, careful not to wake Levi. I clicked my phone on and saw it said 6:08am. "Why am I awake at 6 in the morning?" I questioned.

"I'll explain later, just grab your stuff and meet me outside" she vaguely explained before heading back out of the tent. "Under no circumstances wake Levi" she said from outside the tent.

I sighed, it being too early in the morning to put up with Eliza's shit. I had to carefully remove Levi's arm from around my waist, making sure not to wake him. Getting up, I gathered all the stuff which was basically sprawled across the tent. I looked at my bare arms, realising that I had to change clothes as well. I grabbed a long sleeved top, facing away from Levi and taking off the t shirt, hoping my hair had covered my back. I quickly replaced my tops before shoving it in the bag and leaving the tent.

"I got my stuff" I said to Eliza who was waiting directly outside the tent. Much like me, she was still wearing her pyjamas. "What are we doing, and why aren't we telling the guys?"

"I'll explain later, just get in the car" she whispered.

I nodded and did what she said, really not bothered to argue with her at six in the morning. Or ever. I headed to the car, she unlocked it with Levi's keys. Don't ask how she managed to get them. I placed the bags in the back, sitting in the passenger seat as she took a seat in the driver's spot. She put the car into ignition before driving away.

"Can I know where we're going now?" I asked tentatively as I attempted to fix my hair.

"Home" she simply replied, fixing the rear view mirror.

Shouldn't she do that when she's not driving.

"What?" I asked urgently. "What about the boys?"

She shrugged, a smirk dancing on her lips. "They'll find a way home."

"What the hell Eliza?" I questioned loudly.

How were they gonna get home?

She sighed "Chill. It's payback for them scaring us last night. It's fine, they'll get a cab or something" she replied.

I nodded, relaxing slightly. "Fine, as long as they actually have money for a cab."

She smiled "Aw you're so sweet, worrying about your boyfriend and all" she cooed patronisingly as I shoved her hand away

I rolled my eyes "whatever"

"So, you and Levi" she began, smirking once again as I fought the urge to roll my eyes once again.

I groaned loudly "What?"

"You two were sleeping in the same tent" she sang slightly, the smirk not leaving her lips.

Oh.

"Um" I began, and in hindsight this would have been the perfect moment to actually tell Eliza about my night terrors, but in the last minute I froze. "Um, yeah. We both had trouble sleeping so he came into my tent, and we spoke until we fell asleep, I guess" I lied.

It was getting way too easy to lie to her.

"I mean, I guess that's believable, you were both wearing shirts when I woke you up" she shrugged.

"Eliza!" I gasped, laughing slightly as I whacked her arm.

"What I'm just saying. You're going out, you're eighteen now, there's no parent supervision-" she began.

I covered my ears childishly. "Lalalala I can't hear you" I said loudly.

She laughed. "You're such a child"

"Well you're annoying" I retaliated.

"Good one" she said sarcastically.

"Hey!" I gasped "you were supposed to be the naive one, and I was supposed to be the sarcastic one who pulls pranks"

She laughed again "oh how the tables have turned, plus, you were never good at pranks"

I shrugged "true, I'm the nice one"

She gasped "you are not the nice one!"

"What the fuck! I fucking am!" I retaliated

"What the fuck" she mimicked "I fucking am - sounds so much like something a nice person would say"

I laughed "shut up, where are we going anyway"

"To a hotel" she shrugged

"What about the boys?" I asked, worry laced in my tone.

"I slipped a note into Jordan's back pocket" she began explaining "I told them where exactly to meet us in order to claim their prizes"

I raised an eyebrow "and what are the prizes?"

She rolled her eyes "us of course!"

"I don't think Levi would be happy to see me after we stole his car" I said quietly.

"Well you'll just have to make it up to him" she replied

"And how would I do that?" I asked carefully.

"I don't know about you and Levi, but me and Jordan carry out this activity called kissing. You should try it sometime" she explained really slowly, in a patronising notion.

"Ew gross don't tell me, I know exactly what you two do, I do not need a step by step guide of it"

"I'm just saying" she shrugged "it's your chance to be alone with your boyfriend when you're not at home under mom's constant preying eyes, or in the middle of the woods"

I rolled my eyes "yes thank you very much for that, except that did not help at all. I'd probably just apologise to him and throw you under the bus, he can't be angry for too long"

Eliza scoffed, her eyes not leaving the road in front of her "like he would ever be mad at you, he's so in love with you"

I immediately blushed when she said that.

She quickly glanced at me before her eyes darted back to the road "he hasn't told you he loves you?"

I sighed "Eliza we've only been going out for two months and a bit"

"Yes" she sighed dramatically "but he doesn't have to have been your boyfriend to be in love with you. He's known you for months now, it's so obvious he's in love with you. Do you not love him back?" She asked precariously.

"I don't know" I mumbled. "I really like him. I don't know if I love him. I don't know what love feels like"

Eliza sent me a grin "you love me"

I rolled my eyes "I really don't"

She laughed "you love me, really"

"But am I in love with you?" I asked rhetorically. "I don't know what being in love actually feels like"

"I'm sure it won't take you long to find out" she sang, a smirk playing on her lips. "Also, prom is extremely soon" she brought up.

Again.

She wouldn't stop talking about prom. "Like you would ever allow me to forget, even though it's in like three months"

"Has he asked you yet?" She questioned.

"Is he supposed to? We're going out, isn't it an automatic thing?" I asked

She shrugged "I mean I guess, but usually the boys ask anyway"

"What if I just asked him?" I questioned.

"You could" she began "but I'm sure he has an extremely romantic way of asking you"

"Or he doesn't, plus I'm not too bothered on whether he asks me in a big romantic gesture" I stated.

"Okay, if he hasn't asked you out a week before prom, you ask him. Sounds good?"

I nodded "same with you and Jordan"

"Jordan will ask me out" she stated, completely sure.

"How do you know?" I asked

"Because you will make him" she smirked.

"Christ" I muttered.

We finally drove up to the hotel. Turns out, it wasn't talk far away from the campsite as I had expected it to be. Eliza claimed that it would be extremely easy for the boys to arrive, assuming that they had enough money to get a taxi. We got to the hotel and checked in, I have no idea where Eliza had got the money from but I decided not to question her. -For all I knew, she could have been a drug dealer, but I honestly couldn't muster up the energy to actually bother to care. I walked into the hotel room which, unsurprisingly, made me feel uncomfortable, as I sat there awaiting Levi's arrival.

It was about an two before the boys had got to the hotel, which was surprising actually considering it only took is about an hour. Levi had walked into the hotel room, he looked exhausted.

"I'm so tired" he muttered, walking into the room and falling onto the bed.

"Didn't you guys take a taxi?" I asked.

"We didn't bring enough money for a taxi, we basically hiked for an hour and a half with a tent and a half on our backs" he replied, he didn't seem mad which was a good thing, but I felt extremely guilty.

"That's terrible" I muttered.

"Was this revenge?" He questioned, sitting up slightly, as I hesitantly stood besides the bed.

I nodded "it wasn't my idea"

"I know, Jordan said it had Eliza written all over it" he chuckled.

"Let's not be too harsh on her" I started "I did go along with it"

"Yes, and I'm extremely angry at you" he whispered in my ear, but he clearly wasn't.

"I'm sorry" I apologised anyway, when I noticed that there was a slight smirk on his lips.

Before I could process anything, he had kissed me. His lips moving against mine, slowly and teasingly. I leaned forwards, wanting more, landing on the bed besides him. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him as I desperately kissed him.

He pulled back after a bit, causing me to whine slightly as he chuckled. "Let's not give you a heart attack" he muttered breathlessly.

"But I'm fine" I replied, although I could feel my heartbeat attack my ribcage.

"I could feel your heartbeat against my chest" he said to me.

"That was nothing" I lied.

"I know when you're lying to me, Juliette" he muttered, moving closer to my ear as a chill ran down my spine.

"Have you applied for colleges?" I asked, changing the subject.

He sent me a suspicious look before answering "I've applied for Boston"

"I've applied for NYU" I said quietly.

He froze "They're so far apart"

I nodded.

"What about Harvard, you want to be lawyer don't you?" He asked

I sighed, smiling slightly "I want to be a lawyer, but Harvard is the best school in the world, I'll never be able to get into it"

"You're the smartest person I know" he said quietly

"There are smarter people" I whispered.

"I doubt it" he answered, shaking his head "anyway, have you signed up for the school lock-in next week? Everybody else has", he said; taking my hands and looking into my eyes.

I knew exactly what he was doing.

I shook my head "the school lock-in is for people who are lacking points for college, I have more than enough"

"It's also for seniors who want to have a memorable year, please join, I'm doing it" he pleaded.

I rolled my eyes "you need those extra points don't you?"

He smiled sheepishly "maybe"

"You want help on all the projects you didn't give in" I continued in disbelief.

"Just one, the psychology one" he replied "please please please"

"Levi" I sighed.

He grinned "please, it's the perfect lead up to prom and then graduation"

"I hate you"

"You don't" he smiled.

I smirked "I do, but some gentle persuasion may help me change my mind" I replied suggestively, moving my body closer towards him, if that was even humanly possible.

He chuckled "I like the way you think" he said before attaching his lips to mine once again. Kissing him was pure bliss, but he pulled away too soon. "Am I forgiven?" He questioned, smiling slightly.

I didn't bother to give him an answer, instead I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer towards his body. My heart beat was slowly increasing, and now that I think about it, it was probably a good moment to pull away but I couldn't. I was addicted.

Written: 14/11/15

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

94.3K 3.4K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
2.1M 41.6K 34
You're going to pay for that." I whispered to her, making sure to graze my mouth across the spot that makes her breath hitch. When I saw her remain u...
170K 6.3K 40
Annalise Fall seems to have everything - she's the smartest girl in her sixth form, has the perfect teachers, the perfect friends, the perfect boyfri...
9.2M 424K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...