Lost Life (Fairy Tail)

By EnergyMageFrea

Frea is a Mage of Fairy Tail, been a long-standing member even before Erza and many of the others. She is kno... More

Chapter 1- Memories and New Faces
Chapter 2- Where Have You Been?
Chapter 3- I'm Stealing You!
Chapter 4- The Council's Decision
Chapter 5- What the Hell Do You Think You're Doing?!
Chapter 6- The Fairy Tail Fighting Festival
Chapter 7- Let the Games End Here
Chapter 8- What can I do to help?
Chapter 9- We're Looking Your Way!
Chapter 10- It's Driving Me Insane!
Chapter 11- Failed Her Mission
Chapter 12- The Celestial Key Maker
Chapter 13- Unison Raid: Energy and Light
Chapter 14- She's Gone
Chapter 15- Lost Family Member
Chapter 16- Am I?
Chapter 17- A Life Saved
Chapter 18- Saving Wendy
Chapter 19- Pranking the Dragon Slayers
Chapter 20- Home Again
Chapter 21- Two Against One
Chapter 22- A Mission With Laxus
Chapter 23- Money
Chapter 24- Rumors
Chapter 25- Stop the Killing
Chapter 26- I Don't Understand
Chapter 27- Porlyusica
Chapter 28- Senna
Chapter 29- True Power
Chapter 30- Wasted
Chapter 31- Secret
Chapter 32- A Challenge
Chapter 33- Guess Who Showed Up?
Chapter 34- At My End
Chapter 36- We're Even
Chapter 37- Strange Feeling
Chapter 38- Edolas
Chapter 39- A Plan
Chapter 40- Let's Go!
Chapter 41- Assassin VS Fairy Tail Wizard!
Chapter 42- Stop It!
Chapter 43- It Has To Be You
Chapter 44- We're Going Home
Chapter 45- Party [END of Book 1]

Chapter 35- A Single Spell

1.5K 74 6
By EnergyMageFrea

Chapter 35

A Single Spell

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and ideas

.:+:.

Laxus POV

Laxus shook Frea little more, still trying to get a response from the Energy Dragon. He frowned even more, partly because he was annoyed she had been taken down so easily, and partly because despite his attitude toward her over the years, and they way he had always seemed to dislike her, he was a little worried. She looked extremely beat up, pale, exhausted and weak, and the fact that blood was dripping from the edge of her mouth didn't suggest anything good.

"Frea wake up!" He hissed. "Damnit this is annoying, why wont you wake up?" He growled. She remained silent though and he let out a sigh, closing his eyes and trying to think of what to do. He could try and bring her back to Fairy Tail, but he didn't like the idea of heading back there. Besides, her breathing was becoming shallower, he doubted she would last until he got there anyway. He opened his eyes and narrowed them, a soft noise had reached his ears and he blinked, trying to figure out what it was.

It was a sort of beating sound, and as he listened, it grew quieter and slowed down. He stiffened, finally realizing what it was. The sound was coming from the young woman in his arms, he could hear her heartbeat getting softer and slower.

"Shit... this is bad." He hissed. "Wake up damnit!" He growled at her. He saw her eyes shift as she opened them a little, looking up at him.

"Laxus...?" He heard her whisper, her voice barley audible.

"Yeah, what the hell is wrong with you?" He asked her and she frowned a little before cringing weakly and wincing.

"I'm... dying..." She breathed and he blinked.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He snapped and her silver eyes closed a little more.

"I've been... dying for awhile... now..." Frea whispered. Laxus frowned,

"There is no way in hell your dying," He hissed. "I wont let you." He told her firmly. Frea's eyes opened up a little more as he said that and she gave him a sad smile.

"I'm sure you... wont..." She murmured. "When did you... change? You've never...seemed to...care about...me..." She told him quietly and he sighed, closing his eyes for a minute.

"Its not what your thinking." He told her. "I want to beat you, in a fair fight." He replied. "I cant do that if you die, can I?" He told her and she blinked at him.

"Sorry... but I don't think... your gonna... get that fight..." She whispered. "I cant..." She started but he cut her off, giving her a stern look.

"Bull-shit. What happened to the annoying Frea I used to know?" He growled. "The Frea that knocked me through walls, the one who wouldn't stop fighting no matter what?" He asked. "The Frea with the attitude, the heart, the power?" He muttered.

"What makes you think your allowed to give up? What'll you dying for a second time do to those guys back at the Guild? What do you think'll happen if you don't go back?" He asked her. "Cause I sure as hell ain't going back to the Guild, just to tell them you died." He growled.

"I know you enough to have figured out you didn't tell Gramps about the fact that your dying, your such an Idiot. So I'm telling you your not allowed to die," He told her. "Cause you have to go back and apologize for keeping it a secret." He said firmly and she looked extremely shocked he had said all of that. For a minute she was silent before she smiled and closed her eyes.

Frea's POV

"Laxus..." She whispered. Frea felt weak and she could tell that her life was slipping away as she lay there, in Laxus' arms. She had never in her life, expected Laxus to say anything like that to her. It surprised her to find that he actually cared enough, even if it was just a little, to scold her for dying. His words, made her fight that emptiness reaching for her life, and she searched her mind for something, anything she could say back.

Her mind drifted off into her memories, the ones when she had still been with Chaitanya...

.:+:.

"Frea." Chaitanya spoke to the young girl sitting before her. "In an answer to your question, the one about Spells where you have to say a series of words. Do you remember asking me that?" The White dragon asked the girl and Frea's silver eyes opened to look up at her adoptive Mother.

"Yes, I remember asking." Frea replied and the great dragon sighed. Chaitanya's scales glistened in the sunlight as she shifted into a more comfortable position, the water falling from a waterfall could be heard coming from behind the Dragon, and waves lapped at the banks of a lake that rested behind Chaitanya as well.

"Energy Magic, is based upon one's spirit, ones soul. An Energy Mage's magic depends on their soul, their heart." Chaitanya told her slowly. "Not everyone can learn it, it is extremely difficult to learn to project one's very own soul, their own Nature." Chaitanya told the young girl, who was listening with interest. Frea always tried to listen carefully to what Chaitanya told her. "As you already know, if you wish to use this Magic, you have to have a very large supply of Magic Energy, or your powers are useless to you."

Frea nodded in understanding, "Yeah, I will keep working on making my supply bigger, I promise." She told the Dragon. Chaitanya smiled,

"Energy Spells, there a very, very few in existence. Because Energy Magic changes based on the user, not many spells work universally for all Energy Mages. It is with that in mind, an Energy Mage has to make their own spells." Chaitanya explained and Frea's eyes widened.

"Make my own Spells?" Frea echoed. "But Chaitanya, that sounds really hard! How can anyone just make their own spell?" Frea asked and Chaitanya stayed silent for a minute.

"To make a spell, Frea, you have to search your heart. Search your heart for the words that you need, the words that will help you with whatever you need them for." Chaitanya murmured. "Words that come straight from your heart. Energy Magic is a beautiful, and dangerous thing. It's mysterious in its own ways, and none of us, even me, can ever truly understand it." Chaitanya explained. "In some cases, depending on how strong you are, how strongly you feel about something, Energy Magic can do what was thought impossible." Chaitanya's head leaned down until her nose was only an inch away from Frea's.

"And sometimes, you can use it, even when have no Magic Energy."

.:+:.

Frea opened her eyes as she realized that Laxus was talking to her again, his voice snapping her from her memories. "Damn it! What did I just tell you?" He growled. She blinked slowly, not fully listening to him. She had forgotten about that conversation with Chaitanya until now, could it really be done? Even now, when she was inches away from death, and completely drained of any Magic Power? She narrowed her eyes in thought,

Was it possible?

She let out a soft sigh, and winced at the pain in her chest. She had to try, she had to look into her heart and find words, words that would allow her to cast a spell, even with no Magic Energy left. She stared up at Laxus, he looked a little mad, and yet a little worried. Words... Words from the heart so I can make a Spell...

Her thoughts clicked together and she smiled.

"Hey Laxus...?" She breathed.

"What?" He asked and she lifted a hand toward his face and hooked it behind his head, bringing his face down toward her. She smiled a little wider when she saw him blush from the action and she rested her forehead against his. "W-What are you doing?" He asked.

"Following your orders..." She told him in a teasing tone and closed her eyes.

"Light and Shadow,

Death and Life,

A Clash of Two,

Causes One to Win,

And One to Lose.

Where Light Wins,

And Shadow Loses,

Good Will Last.

Where Life Wins,

And Death Loses,

Someone is Saved,

By Those,

Who Truly Care.

Put All of Them Together,

And Energy is Created.

Now I Say This Spell,

Cast Away the Evil,

Even With The Energy Gone."

Frea said each Line slowly, in a barely audible whisper. Each word, each line, just came to her as she concentrated on what she felt at that moment. Appreciation, hope...

And she had one person to thank for making her feel like that, to feel like she actually had a chance when all seemed lost. And even though it seemed odd and unlikely, given the fact that he had been a sort of unbelievable jerk for a long time now, she still felt thankful for what he had said, thankful he was there... Hell, even thankful he called her an Idiot for keeping this secret away from Fairy Tail.

Frea smiled wider,

"Thanks, Laxus." She murmured before both of their minds were consumed by a bright light.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.2K 35
(Y/n)(L/n) is the shyest mage you might seen in your whole life! She is one of the strongest mage in Fairy Tail along with Erza Scarlet and an elemen...
47.3K 1.9K 60
(THIRD STORY! BOOK #3! Must read First and Second Books First! Thank you!) The Grand Magic Games are over, but trouble is still present in Fiore. Fre...
160K 3.7K 28
Lucy is being ignored because Lisanna came back from the dead and that's when Lucy's life turned upside down. Lucy is ignored for months the only peo...
67.7K 2.9K 66
(Must read my first story, 'Lost Life', First!) Frea is back as her story continues along with Fairy Tail's. This time more battles and trials face...