The Assassin's Mate

By NanyaMbaji

Darshana Cameron is 19 years old. She was taken at the age 7, by a group of rogues. they took her captive an... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Characters Overview
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28- Luna Ceremony 1
Chapter 29- Luna Ceremony 2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 13

21.4K 751 24
By NanyaMbaji

I was packing my bags and putting everything together, getting ready for my leave. I called up my guy to drop a car for me. The door opened and revealed Raiden looking at me confusedly.

"You are packing? For what?" He asked while squinting his eyes in confusion.

"One week is over. Remember?" I said slowly for him to process what I said.

"Oh." His face dropped and he looked very sad. "At least let me prepare breakfast for you before you leave." His eyes were pleading. Well I was hungry and I wasn't going to deny  breakfast.

"Sure. I'll be right down in twenty minutes. That will be enough for you to prepare breakfast right?" I asked and he nodded his head and ran downstairs. I don't get why Raiden is always excited and carefree.

Twenty minutes later, I came downstairs and smelled the delicious scent of bacon and sausages. I walked faster to the kitchen and saw him flipping pancakes and he was shirtless. The way his muscles flexed as he flipped those pancakes though. His perfectly toned body. He turned around and I got a perfect view of his mouth watering abs. If I could run my hands on his abs....I snapped out of my thoughts and he noticed I was staring at him.

"Like what you see?" He smirked and pushed a plate towards me.

"I've seen better." He growled at me and in a flash, he had me pinned to the wall with both of my hands above my head.

"You will NOT look at another man other than me!" He growled in such a possessiveness. I suddenly liked his possessive side and wanted to kiss him. I stared into his eyes and he stared back into mine. I suddenly realized the position we were in and I squirmed under his grip but he wouldn't budge.

"Get off me!" I yelled as I continued squirming under his grip trying to get out. He finally released me.

"I'm sorry. My wolf took over. As an alpha, I can get really possessive." He smiled sheepishly at me and I glared at him.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at him and continued eating my breakfast. "You cook really good." I commended and his face broke out into a huge smile.

"You can thank me for that, my way." He winked at me and I gagged at what he said. I put my plate in the sink and went back upstairs. I took my bag and headed for the door but was stopped by Raiden who pulled me into him and quickly kissed my cheek. I felt tingles at where he kissed and my heart fluttered with new emotions. I pushed him away and swabbed my cheek with the back of my hand.

"Why did you do that?" I shrieked and he chuckled. I know my cheeks were turning red so I quickly looked away. Raiden was giving me new feelings I never thought was possible for me to ever have. He was slowly breaking down my walls and I couldn't let him break down the walls I built up for years.

"Will I still see you?" He asked with hope in his eyes. Deep inside me, I wanted to stay with him forever but I have work to do. There is no space for love in my life.   

"Hopefully." I said as I walked out the door with my bags. I went further into the woods and followed a detour closer to where i directed my guy to drop off the car. I saw the car at the corner of the road. I drove off to the Agency to meet Bruce for my next mission.

I parked my car at the parking lot and received welcome greetings from the workers who also worked there. They greeted me because I was the top assassin they had so I had some respect. I took the elevator and walked to Bruce's office. I knocked and he ushered me to come in. I entered and the look I saw on his face wasn't good. I knew there was bad news.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I took a seat and waited for his answer.

"I don't know how you will take this." He said as he looked at me with pity.

"Just say it already." I was running out of patience with the way he was stalling the news from me.

"You have been retired from The Agency. I'm sorry." He said. I laughed at what he said.

"Wow Bruce. That was a really funny joke." I chuckled and I saw Bruce's face still hard with no emotion.

"Oh my god. It's true?" I said as I almost fell out from my chair.

"I'm sorry but you have to pack your things and leave this place. I give you thirty minutes." He said and I glared at him.

"But I have a mission tomorrow! This is my life Bruce. You can't make me stop! You can't retire me!" I screamed at him. This is the only way I could feel happy with myself but Raiden came and I almost felt happy with him but that's not the point. I love being an assassin. I love killing those bad guys. I can't stop.

"If you give out information on this Agency, we will find you and end you. Please leave." I stood up and packed my things and headed for my car. I opened my car door and sat inside and closed the door. I hit the steering wheel with so much force. I was so angry at everything in my life. I decided to call the only person who understands me in this world.

"Hey Derek." My voice sounded sad.

"Darsh? Are you okay?" He asked with worry laced in his voice.

"I'm not okay. I've been retired from The Agency and you know how much it means to me." I sighed on the phone.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't worry. It's not your fault." I smiled even though I know he couldn't see me.

"Actually....it is my fault." He said in a remorseful tone.

"Your fault? How is it your fault?" I asked him suspiciously.

"I told Bruce to retire you." He said quietly.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" I screamed into my phone very loudly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." His voice sounded sad but I didn't care. I felt betrayed.

"I can't believe I ever took you as my family! Goodbye!"

"Darsh please w-" I hung up the call before he got to finish what he was saying. How could he do that to me. I felt so betrayed. I trusted him and he did that to me. I can never forgive him for what he just did.

I needed to forget everything. I drove back home and went to my wine cellar and brought out a bottle of vodka, jack Daniels and whiskey. I turned up my stereo to the loudest and went to the living room with the three bottles of alcohol in my hands. I sat down and finished the first bottle of alcohol which was the Jack Daniels. I wasn't drunk yet. Just a little bit tipsy because I don't get drunk with just one bottle of alcohol. I was done with the bottle of whiskey and I looked outside the window and it was dark like really dark.

I was totally drunk now and was on my third bottle which was vodka. I heard footsteps coming my way and I turned to see Jacob.

"Jaacccoooobbbbb!" I giggled. Jacob walked towards me and sat on the same couch with me.

"How did you get in hereeee?" I slurred then giggled.

"You left your window open silly." He chuckled. I giggled harder then threw my head back.

"Are you drunk?" He asked in amusement.

"Druuunkkkk? Nooooo I'm nottt drunk." I giggled and poked his cheek. "You have pretty eyes." I said as I poked his eyes.

"Wow. You are totally drunk. I like this side of you." He chuckled and lifted me up.

"Where are you taking me to? Ohhhh are you a kidnapper?" I gasped "Raiden will save me. He is my superman!" I giggled then hiccuped.

"Wait till I tell Raiden about this." He laughed and my eyes widened.

"Is Raiden here?" I looked around searching for him.

"No Darsh. Raiden is busy right now." He said as he pushed my room door open and placed me on my bed.

"Goodnight kitten." I giggled.

"What? Kit-" I didn't let him finish his sentence because sleep consumed me.

-

I woke up with a pounding head and couldn't remember a thing that happened from yesterday except the retirement which was a faint memory now and the betrayal from Derek. I went to my bathroom and took some Advil from the medicine cabinet. My stomach grumbled and I went downstairs to make breakfast but when I got there, I saw a figure of a man already making breakfast. I panicked and picked up a bat that was nearby, ready to attack. I walked closer to the man and realized it was Jacob. I sighed in relief and he turned around.

"How did you get in here?" I asked him suspiciously.

"You don't remember anything that happened last night do you?" He quirked his brows up in amusement.

"Honestly, I don't. Please tell me." I sighed and rubbed my temples. Then he told me everything I did and my eyes widened. I couldn't believe I said all that.

"Please don't tell Raiden. I didn't mean any of that." I begged.

"Sure you didn't." Sarcasm was laced in his voice. I just rolled my eyes and kept thinking of the retirement. At least that was the only thing I could remember and Derek's betrayal. That was stuck in my heart.

"You look sad." Jacob said as he kept looking at my face like he was studying it.

"Nope. It's nothing." I sighed.

"You can tell me what's wrong. I promise not to say a thing." He said assuringly. I decided to let my guard down and tell him about the retirement and Derek's betrayal.

"Wow" he breathed out.

"I know." I sighed.

"How did you know Derek though? His pack is the largest and the strongest in U.S." He asked suspiciously.

"None of your business." I eyed him.

"Sorry for asking but now that you are retired, please consider coming back to live with Raiden. It will mean a lot to us. To him." He begged.

"You can't make me live with Raiden." I said.

"I'll tell Raiden what you said." He teased.

"Get out." I told him as I glared at him. He chuckled then left.

The next chapter might have Raiden's POV. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you!⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 13.3K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...
241 31 24
As far as Julie knew she was a human living the life of a regular 15-year-old girl. That was until a letter appeared from her father who has been dea...
2.2M 68.4K 46
Many years ago, the vampires exposed themselves to the human civilization. They had believed they could live among the humans peacefully; however, af...
14K 288 34
It was just a dream. Just a dream. After a nightmare one night 17 year old Jessica is thrown into the world of werewolves, mates and love. But will s...