What A Rush

FangirlKnight tarafından

Abby Wambach gets hurt in a game and might not be able to continue playing. So Jill brings in a new recruit... Daha Fazla

The New Kid
Rough Trip
Club Night
Day Off
Ice Baths and Headers
Injuries and Interviews
Goals and Sisters
Games and Slang
Blood and Assists
Mozart and PK's
A Visit Home
Posts and Pools
Revenge and Attacks
News and Scars
Recoveries and Flights
Hello?
Silence and Phone Calls
Banged Up and Dog Requests
Friendships and Hospital Trips
Pick Up and Harsh Conversations
Small Talk and Puppy Adoption
Thanksgiving and Old Pianos
Broken Noses and Sick Days
Birthdays and a Rising Sun
Studios and Babysitting
Permission and Jerseys
Early Christmas and New Puppies
Kitchen Dancing and Spanish Bars
Pancakes and Secret Boxes
New Kids and Bad Turf
Nicknames and Pep Talks
Walks and Doctors Appointments
Sprints and Wedding Invitations
Couch Naps and Perfect Plans
Weddings and First Game Back
Olympic Finals and Baby Names
Hostile and Arguments
Pain Medication and No More Coffee
Twins and New Videos
Twins and Dizziness
Due Dates and Green Eyes
Two Years and Big Days
Letters From Old Friends

Weights and Games

14.6K 207 24
FangirlKnight tarafından

-Alex-

We had one day before we played Australia, one day until we started our journey to victory. Everyone was pumped and doing great in practices. Tobin's crosses were amazing, Pinoes corners with incredible, the back line was unstoppable, and Emily couldn't miss.

Today we had a weight session before tomorrow's game. Tobin and I walked into the gym, waiting for the rest of our team. After everyone one got here, Jill let us do whatever weights we wanted. I was about to do bench presses with Tobin, when I saw Emily put weights on a bar. She put about forty pounds on each side, as Kelley came to spot her. She placed her hands on either side of the bar, then ducked under it. She placed the bar in the middle of her shoulder blades, and lifted it off of the bench. Emily Rush was squatting about one hundred and twenty five pounds, since the bar weighted around forty five. She did a few reps, then placed the bar back on the bench. She then removed the weights, and put on one hundred pounds on each side. Two hundred and forty five pounds. We all stopped or own weight sessions to watch. Emily lifted the bar off of the bench, and started her squats. As she did her squats, the muscles in her legs flexed and bulged. She was like a god.

Emily placed the bar back on the bench, and added one hundred more pounds onto each side. Four hundred and forty five pounds.

After our weight session, we headed out to the pitch. We all loaded the bus, getting ready for the short ride. I sat down next to Tobin, who pulled out monopoly deal. Smiling at her, I pulled down my small table. Emily sat down next to Kelley, her beats covering her head. Kelley sat on the outside seat closest to me, so I leaned over to her.

"Kels, what's up with Emily?" I asked her.

"She's kind of upset because her little sisters birthday is coming up and she won't be able to visit her. It's the same day as the Sweden game." Kelley told me.

"Her sister?" I questioned.

"Yah, Kathleen. She calls her Kat, and she's turning ten." Kelley told me. Ten was kind of an important age for a little kid.

"I'll be back." I said, as I jumped out of my seat. Running down the aisle, I stopped at Jill's seat. Kneeling down beside her, I smiled at her. "Hey coach." I said.

"Alex, what's up?" She asked.

"Well, Emily's little sister is turning ten in a few weeks. The day of the Sweden game actually, and I was wondering if we could fly her out here for the game and for her birthday. Emily really wants to be there for her birthday." I told her, and she nodded.

"Okay." Jill said. "I think it's a great idea." I smiled.

"Okay, but I think it should be a surprise." I told her.

"Yah, a surprise. She's lucky to have you Alex." Jill told me.

"Yah, well I'm lucky to have her too." I said, as I got up and headed to my seat.

---

Today was game day. USA vs. Australia. Everyone was pumped and excited to start the World Cup. Right now we were all on the locker room getting ready for the game. Tobin was dancing with Cheney and A-Rod, Kelley was talking with Christen and Abby, and Emily had her beats on leaning back against the wall. She had her eyes closed, drumming her fingers against her leg. I was currently doing my visualizations, and listening to my music. Abby got everyone's attention, besides Emily's. Pinoe picked up a soccer ball, throwing it at Emily. It bounced off her head, and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Let's go Rush." Abby said, making the girl pause her music. Emily got up, joining us in the group huddle. "Alright girls, your first game in the World Cup. Get out there and win it for you."

"No." Emily said. "We're gonna win it for you, Abby." She said, making us all smile.

"For Abby" I said, placing my hand in the middle.

"For Abby." Syd said, joining my hand in the middle.

"For Abby." Everyone else said, joining our hands.

"Abby on three, one, two, three!"

"Abby!" We all yelled.

"Now get out there and kick some ass!" Abby yelled, as we all headed out to the field.

As we walked out onto the field I saw a bunch of Morgan jerseys, and even more Rush jerseys. People were thrilled to have Emily on this team. I walked out onto the field, and people started screaming and waving. I smiled, and waved back. Emily then walked out, and the screams just got louder. Emily smiled, waving back at everyone. I heard her laugh, and her smile only grew. She was where she belonged.

"Hey." I said to her. "Show them why you're called the legend." I told her, and she nodded.

After we warmed up, captains were called. Carli was our captain today, and she went out to call the coin toss. We won the toss, and started the game off. I walked out to the center circle with Emily, getting the ball from the referee.

"Ready kid?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"Hell yah."

The ref blew her whistle, and I rolled the ball forward to Emily. She trapped it, and passed it back to Carli. Carli sent it over to Tobin, as me and Emily ran up field. Tobin tried to pass it up to me. But was double teamed. They got the ball from her, sending it down field.  Me and Emily walked back, hanging out at half.

The game dragged on, until in the twelfth minute. Pinoe got a run up the mid field, Emily running with her. Emily was open for the pass, until a defender collided her shoulder into Emily's chest. Emily was thrown to the ground on a hard hit, the crowd yelling for the call. The ref didn't give the call, and Pinoe continued up field. She got close in the box, and took the shot. It bounced off a defenders foot, spinning into the goal. Australia's goalie couldn't stop the ball, as it floated into the back of the net. Pinoe did her classic jump and fist thrust in the air, running to Emily. Emily was sitting on the turf, smiling at Pinoe. Megan jumped at Em, throwing them to the ground. They both laughed, as the rest of the team ran over to them. Pinoe helped Emily get up, as Emily held her shoulder.

"You okay kid?" Pinoe asked, and she nodded.

"Yah, I'm great." She said, as we jogged back to the center circle.

It was now the twenty seventh minute, and our backline wasn't holding strong. An Australian forward slipped behind three of our back line, as another girl sent the ball into her. She was onside, and took the shot. The ball soared into the back of the net, as Hope tumbled to the ground. We all sighed out. The half ended up in a one to one tie.

Honestly, we were all playing like crap except Pinoe and Emily. Once we got in the locker room, Jill stood before us. She didn't look happy.

"Can someone tell me why we can't get the ball to Emily, when she's keeping herself onside and managing to beat two defenders? Can someone tell me why we can't keep our backline pushed up? And can someone tell me why we aren't winning this game right now?" Jill asked, trying to stay calm. "No one?" She asked, and then sighed out in frustration. "Alex, Megan had a great cross into you from that free kick. I'm a little disappointed you couldn't get a touch on it."

"Hey, don't worry about it. You're playing great." Tobin whispered in my ear, but I knew I wasn't. I was playing like crap. After we got done in the locker room, we all headed back out to the field. The game soon started, and we were all back to playing.

In the fifty fifth minute, I was subbed out. Sydney came in for me, taking my spot next to Emily. I sat on the sideline, continuing to watch the game. Tearing my knee brace off, I threw it to the ground in frustration.

In the sixty first minute, Syd made a great run up the left side. She drew a ton of defenders to her, sending the ball into the box. Emily was there to get the pass, rolling the ball up on her foot. She spun around a defender, slamming her foot into the ball. It was an amazing shot, flying into the back of the net. All of us on the side line jumped up, screaming and yelling. Emily had just scored her first international goal in her first cap, and it was an amazing goal. Emily spun around, as Syd jumped into her arms. Emily's goal replayed on the big screen, and showed the fans reactions. A group of girls had jumped up and down and started to cry, they looked so happy.

The game continued as we were up two one. In the seventy eight minute, Pinoe carried the ball down the left side. She was patient on the ball, as Emily was struggling to get around two defenders. The two were holding her back, kicking at her legs. Pinoe made a sharp cut, and then took a hard shot with her left foot. It was a powerful shot, flying past the goalie into the back of the net. Emily ran around the two defenders, who were now yelling at each other. Emily ran to Pinoe, jumping at her. Pinoe caught her in her arms, lifting the forward up over her shoulder. They laughed together, as the team came and joined them.

The game soon ended, with us winning three one. Pinoe and Emily had an amazing game, helping us win in general. After we all signed some autographs, we headed to the bus. Emily and Pinoe were the last ones to come on, and everyone started cheering. They laughed, and smiled.

"Way to go you two!" Abby yelled. They smiled at each other.

"Thanks guys." Thy both said, heading to their seats. Emily went and sat down beside Kelley, falling against the defender. And me, I was thinking about how I screwed up today.

-Emily-

We finally got back to the hotel, and all of us headed to our rooms. Once me and Kelley got in our room, I dropped my bag to the floor. Flopping down onto my bed, Kelley laughed.

"Great game today Em." She said, and I smiled.

"Thanks, you too." I told her.

"Emily, I didn't play." She said, as I rolled over.

"I know, but your still amazing." I said, as she sat beside me. She laid down, so we were face to face. "Can I tell you something?" I asked, gazing into her chocolate brown eyes.

"Anything." She whispered out. I paused for a few moments, then took a deep breath.

"I love you." I whispered to her. She smiled at me, and grabbed my waist.

"I love you too, you goofball." She said, and then captured my lips in a searing kiss. I smiled into her lips, wrapping my arms around her neck. Pulling away slightly, I smiled at her. I then pecked her lips multiple times, hearing her giggle.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that." I told her, and she laughed.

"I've been waiting to tell you that I love you forever. I just didn't know if you were ready for it." She told me, kissing my nose.

"I was definitely ready." I told her, and she smiled.

"Can I ask you something now?" She asked, and I frantically nodded, resting my head m her shoulder. "Can we tell the team about us?" She asked.

"That we're dating?" I asked, and she nodded. "Of course." I told her, and she smiled.

"Great." She smiled.

"Well I'm gonna go take a shower. Care to join me?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Yah." She said, taking my hands and dragging me to the bathroom.

---

So after everyone got cleaned up, we had a team gathering. Everybody wanted to celebrate the win and watch over the game tape. This is when me and Kelley were planning on telling everyone we were dating. I got dressed, as Kelley waited for me. Pulling on a pair of black sports leggings, I tugged on a blue Yale shirt. Grabbing my dark blue indoors, I grabbed a black beanie. Tugging my beanie on, I turned around to face Kelley.

"You look really good in leggings." She said, as I spun for her.

"Why thank you." I said, as I flexed my leg muscles. "Come on, we're gonna be late." I said, grabbing Kelley's hands. Pulling her out of our hotel room, I dragged her to the elevator. Taking it down to the lobby, we walked in to see our team passing around bowels of popcorn and other snacks.

"Finally you two are here, now we can start." Abby said.

"Um, wait. We have something we want to say." Kel said, and I nodded.

"Okay, what's up?" Syd asked.

"Well, Emily and I have something we've been hiding." Kelley said.

"And it's time we shared it with you guys." I said.

"Emily and I have been dating for about four, five-ish weeks." Kelley said, waiting for our team to responded.

"Finally you told us!" Ali yelled.

"We've been waiting forever." Syd replied.

"We all knew you two had a thing for each other, and we've been routing for you guys." Abby said.

"Just like we're all routing for Talex!" Pinoe yelled.

"Really?" I questioned, glancing at Alex and Tobin.

"Yah, is there-something else we should know?" Abby asked. Alex blushed a deeper red, as Tobin gave a weak smile.

"Well, Kelley and Emily weren't the only ones keeping a secret." Tobin said.

"Wait-" Pinoe said, as she looked between all of us. She smiled, and points at Alex and Tobin. "Talex?" She questioned. "Talex!" She screamed, jumping to her feet. We all laughed, as the middy and forward sighed. I looked over at Alex, and smiled at her. She could finally be open about herself.

"Alight, let's watch this game tape." Abby said, pressing play on her laptop.

After the game tape started, everyone got settled into couches. I sat down next to Kelley, curling into her side. She pulled a large blanket over the two of us, and then slipped her arms around my waist. I smiled, laying my head on to Kelley's chest.

"Those girls were all over you Em." Syd said, and I nodded. Remembering those two defenders and how they kicked at my feet, I tensed up. On the screen, I was running into the box. I was prepared for Pinoes pass, but a defender collided her shoulder into my chest.

"Shit!" Carli yelled. "Where's the call ref?"

"Damn Rush, you were getting abused out there today." Pinoe said.

"Yah, tell me about it." I mumbled.

After the game tape ended, we all headed back to our rooms. Walking into mine and Kelley's room, I collapsed onto our bed. I heard Kelley laugh, as I just rolled over.

"Hey." I said to her, as she walked over to me. "We just won our first game in the World Cup."

"Yah, we did Em. But let's take it all the way this year, let's win it." Kelley told me, and I smiled.

"World Cup baby." I mumbled, as she flopped down next to me.

"World Cup baby."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.2M 86.5K 57
The new girl. I know what you're thinking: this must be one of those stories where the new girl falls in love with the quarterback and they live happ...
77.9K 1.5K 20
Tobin is in love with Alex. But Alex is in love with some pretty boy. Will Tobin ever win Alex's heart? Or will Alex hurt Tobin's? This story has b...
34K 694 15
Sequel to Your Ex. Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan have definitely had some trials with their relationship... what will happen when they meet up again to...
173K 2.7K 41
Christen Press has had a rough couple of years and it has definitely taken a toll on her. When she arrives at her 5th school in two years, she is det...