Studios and Babysitting

-Emily-

I was in the hospital for a week before they released me. The doctors wanted to make sure my lungs cleared up, and it took longer then expected. But while I was in the hospital, I moved from a metal brace on my arm to a soft brace. That meant I could practice.

So me and Kelley headed home. I was tired, but I didn't want to sleep. I've slept so much and for so long. I could breath easier and I didn't feel like I was going to throw up. So that was a bonus.

Walking in the front door, I dropped my bag on the floor. Looking around, I took in a deep breath and smiled. I then heard a bark.

"Nike!" I yelled, running over to the patio door. Opening it, I let Nike inside. She jumped into my lap, and licked my cheek. I smiled, pulling her close to me.

"She's really missed you." Kelley said, kneeling down beside me. I smiled at her, and then kissed her cheek. Letting Nike down from my lap, I stood up. Bringing Kelley with me, I gave her a small soft kiss. She smiled into my lips, as I hit her bottom lip slightly.

"Can I show you your birthday present?" She asked, as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"I told you not to get me anything." I mumbled.

"Well I did, so let's go." She said, taking my hands. I sighed, as she pulled a stocking cap down over my ears. She dragged me outside, and into the car.

"Kel, where are we going?" I asked, as she started the car.

"To see your birthday present." She said, and I smiled. Kelley kept driving down the road, and turned a corner. We ended up near a warehouse, and I instantly grew confused.

"Kel?" I questioned, as she parked the car.

"Come on." She said, jumping out of the car. She took my hand, and interlocked our fingers. She pulled me towards the warehouse, and I quirked an eyebrow at her.

"If you're taking me somewhere to have someone kill me, I'm letting you know right now that this isn't funny." I said, and she smiled.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're little French accent made your voice sound cute." She said, and I laughed.

"Kelley Maureen O'Hara, what's happening?" I asked, as she stood at the locked warehouse door. She pulled out a key, and unlocked the door.

"This Emily Jane Rush, is what I now like to call." She said, and quickly pulled the sliding door open. "Rush Studios!"

When the door was pulled back, a large studio room was revealed. A recording studio. I slowly walked in, gazing at everything in awe.

"I figured instead of just singing to me, you could come here and recorded your songs. Share them with everyone else." Kelley said to me, as I spun to look at her.

"You did this all for me?" I questioned, and she nodded.

"Yah." She whispered, as I took two big steps towards her.

"I love you." I said, as I captured her lips with mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck, as I rested mine against her waist. She smiled into the kiss, as I smiled back.

"I love you too. Happy late birthday." She whispered. "So, what's the first song your gonna sing in here?" She asked, pushing me towards the studio.

"I've got an idea." I said. Pulling the glass door back, I walked into the studio. Smiling, I walked over to the recording microphone. I then glanced at the piano. Walking over to it, I pulled a microphone down towards my lips. Sitting at the piano, I pulled a pair of headphones down over my ears.