Twins and New Videos

-Kelley-

Today was Emily's six week checkup. It was the first time since we've been back to Dr. Tess' office since the surgery. Emily was bigger then we both thought she would be.

So I grabbed my jacket and Ems, and waited for her to come down the stairs. Walking into the kitchen, I grabbed a thermos and filled it with the smoothie Emily had made this morning.

"Em, come on we're gonna be late!" I called out.

"I'm coming!" She called back, as I walked back out to the front door. Emily came walking down the stairs, wearing soccer sweats and a baggy Stanford sweatshirt. I handed her her smoothie, and then helped her put on her jacket. It was around early to mid September now, and it was cold.

"Let's go chica." I said, and she smiled. We walked out to the car, and I then started it up. Emily turned up the heat, and then the radio. I began driving to the doctors, and Emily changed the channels. American by Lana Del Rey came on, and Emily started singing.

"Play house, put my favorite record on
Get down, get your crystal method on
You were like, tall, tan, driving 'round the city
Flirtin' with the girls like, "You're so pretty."
"Springsteen is the king, don't you think?"
I was like, "Hell yeah, that guy can sing.

Like ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-oh."

I glanced over at Emily, and she smiled at me. The forward danced in her seat, and I laughed.

"What?" Emily asked, and laughed with me.

"Nothing." I said, and smiled.

We soon pulled into the doctors office, as I got out and opened Ems door. She took my hand, as I helped her out of the car. Emily grabbed her back, and groaned out.

"You okay?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Yah just have a tiny human growing inside me, bit of back pain." Emily said, and I smiled.

"What a jokester." I said, and she laughed. We walked into the office, as the receptionist smiled at us. We waved, and went and sat down. I kissed Emily's cheek, as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"Think Erin's gonna be mad that were making her spare bedroom into the nursery?" Emily asked me, and I shook my head. Resting my nose against her cheek, I then pecked her cheek.

"No, she'll sleep on the floor just to be close to the baby." I said, and she smiled.

"Emily, Kelley." Dr. Tess said, as we looked up at her. I got up, and then helped Em out of her chair. "Wow Em, you're bigger then I was expecting. That's a good sign." She said, and we both smiled. We fallowed Dr. Tess back to a examining room, and then Emily climbed up on the table.

Emily laid back, as I went and stood behind her. She lifted up her sweatshirt, revealing her large bump. Emily also had smaller fresh new scars from her surgery. Dr. Tess got out the ultrasound machine, and came and sat down beside the examining table.

"Ready?" Dr. Tess asked, and we both nodded.

Emily closed her eyes, as Dr. Tess ran the ultra sound scanner over Emily's stomach. I took Emily's hand, and sighed out.

"Well, I think I know why Emily's is so big." Dr. Tess said, and turned the screen towards us. "You two are having twins." Dr. Tess said, and smiled. "Congratulations."

I smiled at Emily, as she smiled back up at me. Leaning down over her, I slowly kissed her. Emily smiled into our kiss, and slowly broke it.

"And here are both heart beats." Dr. Tess said, as two heart beats filled the room. Emily let out a small laugh, and brushed away a stray tear. "You two can come back in about ten weeks, and we'll find out the gender of your babies." Dr. Tess said, and headed towards the door. "Bye guys."