Pain Medication and No More Coffee

-Emily-

"Em, what about soccer?" Kelley said, as I shook my head.

"I don't care about soccer if it means I get to start a family with you." I told her, and she bit her lip.

"You want to have our baby?" She asked, a smile falling on her lips.

"Of course I do." I said, and her smile grew. She cupped my cheeks, and pulled me into a kiss. I smiled, and slipped my arms around her waist. Slowly pulling away from each other, I smiled at Kelley.

"I love you." She whispered, and pecked my lips.

"I love you too." I said, and kissed her again. "Come on, let's go give Dr. Tess a call."

---

I sat up on the examining table, waiting for Dr. Tess to come back in. Kelley paced in the small area next to me, clutching her hands together.

"Hey, calm down. Come sit." I said, and pulled her over by me. Kelley sighed out, and sat down beside me.

"I'm just nervous. Visits to this doctors office haven't exactly gone well. We found out you had a lung infection, I was hostile. Yah know." She said, as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Everything will go fine, I promise." I said, and she nodded.

A knock came at the door, as Dr. Tess appeared. She smiled at us, and closed the door behind her.

"Hey guys, it's good to see you back." Dr. Tess said, smiling at us. "So Emily's tests are all clear, and we can get Kelley's stem cell whenever you guys are ready." Dr. Tess told us.

"Great." Kelley said, smiling at me.

"There is just one thing I'm concerned about." Dr. Tess said, as Kelley sighed. Dr. Tess came over, and lifted up my shirt, revealing my abs. "These."

"Why?" I asked, and she sighed.

"Emily you have some of the best abdominal muscles I've ever seen." She said.

"Um, thank you?" I said.

"Once we fertilized an egg and you're pregnant, your stomach will need to expand in order to carry the fetus. I'm not sure if your stomach will be able to do that due to your muscles." She said, and I looked over at Kelley.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Well if your stomach was less toned, the muscles would just expand and move off to the side of your stomach in pregnancy. But, since your practically made of stone, I think we're going to have to remove the bottom and top abdominal muscles." Dr. Tess told us.

"Remove?" Kelley questioned.

"Another surgery?" I asked, as Kelley took my hand.

"Unfortunately, yes." Dr. Tess said.

"Um-schedule me as soon as you can." I said, and she nodded. Dr. Tess walked out of the room, as Kelley looked over at me.

"You don't-" she started, but I cut her off.

"Shut up. It's not a big deal, Kel. I'll get them back." I said, and she sighed.

"Okay." She said, and I pecked her lips.

"Let's get ready to have a baby."

-Kelley-

So three days later, we went in for Emily's surgery. Dr. Tess and a neonatal surgeon we're going in to remove the top layer of muscles on Emily's stomach, and the bottom two layers. During the same surgery, they were going to take my stem cell and fertilize one of Emily's eggs.