Kitchen Dancing and Spanish Bars

-Kelley-

We had all finished playing cards, and headed to bed. I crawled into bed, waiting for Emily. She showed up beside me, wearing my Stanford hoodie and short pajama shorts. Emily crawled in beside me, as I wrapped my arms around her waist. Pulling her close to me, I brushed my nose against her cheek. Her hot breath hit my skin, as j nuzzled my head into her neck. Her fingers ran up and down my back, as I traced the tattoos on her arms.

"Hey Em?" I asked.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"I love your mother's name. I wish I would had known it sooner." I said, and I felt her smile.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, you just never asked, and I didn't want to bring it up." She said, and I kissed her jaw.

"It's okay, I just really like it." I said.

"More then you like my name?" She questioned.

"I'd have to say it's a tie." I said sarcastically.

"Shut up." She mumbled, pulling me closer into her side. I nuzzled my head into her neck, as she sighed out. "My name is so much better."

---

"Wake up!" Erin yelled, jumping on top of us. The two of us groaned out, as Erin continued to jump up and down.

"Erin!" I cried out.

"It's Christmas Eve, we're making cookies!" Erin yelled again. Emily sat up beside me, as Erin nuzzled her way in between us. I heard Emily hit the floor, and groan out. "Get up!"

"Ouch." Emily mumbled.

"Erin, you just pushed my girlfriend out of her own bed." I said.

"Well get up and we'll get her!" Erin yelled, jumping out of bed. She fell atop of Emily, who groaned out again.

"Ouch, Erin." Emily said, pushing my sister off of her.

"Come on Ej." Erin said, pulling Emily to her feet.

"No." Emily groaned out. Emily and Erin disappeared out the door, as I crawled out of bed. Walking downstairs, I heard Christmas music playing. Emily took off my sweatshirt, revealing her Yale tee. Erin tied an apron around Emily's neck and waist. Emily, my mom, Erin, and my aunt Molly began making cookies. I smiled, and walked out into the living room. I sat down next to my brother, my dad walking in from another room.

"Good morning Kel." Jerry said.

"Is it?" I questioned. "Erin just crushed my chest trying to wake me up at seven thirty." I mumbled.

"She's excited. Your sister loves Christmas, you know that." My dad said. The song on pandora changed, as I then heard singing.

"Here we are, under the stars
Here we are, under the stars
Heaven is not so far
Under the stars."

Standing up from the couch, I walked out into the kitchen. I saw Emily swaying her hips, flour covering her apron and hands. I smiled, as she continued to sing.

"We'll find a love to hold our hand through the cold
We'll find an angel light out in the storm
We'll see a light to lead us all the way home
And wherever we go we will know

Here we are, under the stars
Heaven is not so far
Under the stars

Let's raise a toast to all the good days to come
Let's celebrate the sea that come out as one
Let's save a kiss for us and the night is done
Oh my love, I'll keep you warm."