Awakening

By BarbaraPy

This story was previously known as "The Awakening". ~*~ "One... two... three... one... two... three... a mill... More

Chapter 1 - Edited
Chapter 2 - Edited
Chapter 3 - Edited
Chapter 4 - Edited
Chapter 5 - Edited
Chapter 6 - Edited
Chapter 7 - Edited
Chapter 8 - Edited
Chapter 9 - Edited
Chapter 10 - Edited
Chapter 11 - Edited
Chapter 12 - Edited
Chapter 13 - Edited
Chapter 14 - Edited
Chapter 15 - Edited
Chapter 16 - Edited
Chapter 17 - Edited
Chapter 18 - Edited
Chapter 19 - Edited
Chapter 20 - Edited
Chapter 21 - Edited
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Fans Covers

Chapter 42

3K 199 31
By BarbaraPy

"Official kidnap"

Vanessa screamed "Baby! I was so worried about you!"

She ran towards Caliope, who was resting on her bed, then Pronab held her and stopped her just a few inches of reach. She was caught by surprise, and looked at him a little shocked.

"Hold on please... and let her speak..."

"Let me go..."

"Nessa... is not safe... for now please... he is just trying to protect you..."

Vanessa looked back at her then at Pronab once more, she nodded and once Pronab released her she sat next to her on the bed, locking her fingers together on her lap.

"Thank you..."

"Ok... what is going on? What happened? Are you ok?"

"I am... I am very well... I just... remember when I told you that I would become something else after this ceremony...? It apparently changed some things in me..."

"Those powers you were talking about... you can harm me?"

"I had something resembling a power before the ceremony... I did not know how I activated it or how to make it work... not exactly... but now, it has become enhanced..."

"So now you have a superpower, is that it?"

Caliope chuckled, and Vanessa giggled with a smile. No matter what, they could always make each other laugh and relax. Pronab sat down close to them and Vanessa looked at him with a sincere smile.

"I was able to go through people's memories and see what they saw, what they experienced... now I can do it with anyone who touches me, or whoever I touch... we don't know yet how I can control it... I heard Maxwell will do a few investigations towards this..."

"And where did Amra go? He is rarely, if not ever, far from you... do you go through his memories as well?"

"No, he is the only one I can't affect directly... he shielded himself from outside powers, and that included me... it is good... or else I would lose my mind without being able to rest in his arms... he is with Elaine excusing me to the other guests..."

"Oh baby... I am so sorry... I wish I could hug you... but I am worried you would see everything inside my head... I am not so scared of you yet..."

Caliope smiled "I am so glad to hear that! Hahaha..."

"...is it the same? With humans and Angels?"

"I don't know... we only tried it with them... by direct touch or through clothes... each time I could see everything... so we didn't want to risk it... Nessa...!"

Before she could finish, Vanessa already gave a quick jump and hugged her friend. She squeezed her tight and suddenly started shaking. Caliope screamed as Pronab tried to pull them apart. When they finally did Vanessa had fainted, and Caliope was crying and sobbing. Shortly enough, Amra was rushing through the doors towards her. "My love!"

She was crying with her eyes closed and as soon as she felt Amra's arms around her she held tightly to him.

"Calm down my love... calm down... take a deep breath..."

"Nessa... is she... alive?"

Pronab was checking her pulse and nodded at her, he pulled her body to a couch on the side and laid her there slowly, with extreme care. Caliope looked at her and shook her head, then she looked at Amra and sobbed. "She is so stubborn... so stubborn!"

"Oh no! What happened?!" Elaine was rushing into the room to face the scene, she headed to check on Vanessa and then turned to look at Caliope.

"They were just talking, and Caly was telling her why they couldn't touch... when she asked her if we tested this with humans, Caly said no, and she rushed to hug her... after that..."

"I saw her... I saw her! But it was not her memories... she was dead... oh god she was dead!"

"How? When? my love... try to explain..."

"I saw her plane crash... and she was dead... dark fog surrounding her and the airplane... did I saw her future?"

"...it could be my dear... it could be... and she fainted... what a horrible way to find out what other powers you have... I am so sorry darling..."

"Uh... what... what happened?" Everyone turned around to see Vanessa. Pronab kneeled beside her and gently took her hand. She looked at him and blushed, then looked back at Caliope as she tried to sit. "You are so stubborn! How can you be so careless!"

"Wow... slow down baby... I was just trying to help you test your powers... with humans... did I faint?"

Pronab squeezed her hand "You fainted and she had a shock."

"Oh no baby... I am so sorry! Are you ok?"

"If I am ok? I am furious at you! I could have killed you! I would never be able to live with myself if I did something to harm you!"

And she started sobbing again, placing both hands on her face. Amra caressed her arms and shoulders slowly, as Vanessa looked down to her knees. "Good thing I am leaving tomorrow... I won't be able to interfere with your plans anymore..."

"You are not going anywhere... I am officially kidnapping you..."

Vanessa frowned and looked back at Caliope while she was staring back at her. She was determinate and angry, and Vanessa was not sure if she was being serious.

Elaine stepped in "Let's just all calm down... Vanessa darling, is there any way you can change your plans and stay longer? At least a day or two more..."

"I could... but I am not sure I want to right now..."

Amra stood up and turned to face her. She took a deep breath and pulled back in her seat by instinct. Something in him made her scared, or unsure of what to do.

"She saw you having an accident... and she wants you safe... if you can change your plans for now it would serve you both well..."

Vanessa nodded, and tried to stand up. Pronab helped her to slowly recover posture as Caliope turned around on the bed and continued to sob more.

"I will have to make some calls..."

"I will take you to Maxwell, he surely will aid you on that."

Elaine nodded at Pronab as he took Vanessa away of the room. Amra sat back next to Caliope and Elaine approached her as well.

"She is just your friend, and wanted to help... I am sure she meant nothing more darling."

"I know... I just feel... helpless... frustrated... and hurt..."

"Hurt?"

"It shook me... I felt as if my hands and arms were burning... I thought I was burning her as well... but she just passed out?"

Elaine nodded "It seems so... she didn't complain on any pain... but if you want, I can go check and make sure..."

"Please... I don't want anything bad happening to her because of me..."

"I will stay here with you love..."

And he placed himself at her side, pulling her up into his lap and embracing her with his arms. She snuggled and sighed, trying to make some sense to what was going on. As she closed her eyes, the vision of her friend's remains amongst the airplane parts made her shiver. She opened her eyes once more.

"We will figure it out, my love..."

He held her tightly and she nodded, trying to rest on his arms as she watched time pass by. They stayed there for a while, slowly the sun came up at a distance, a sign that another day had started. Amra was quiet and still, and she was just happy she had someone to hold on to while everyone else was taking distance from her.

"Perhaps this is a punishment..."

"What do you mean?"

"For thinking and believing everything was perfect and I would have my forever after..."

"You will my love... and no one can punish you for that... you just need to learn to control yourself..."

"How?"

"We will find a way... I know we will... Maxwell is trying to investigate any precedent... any case similar to yours..."

"No... how can you control it? I know I am not an angel itself... I am... something else... but you... you have powers... and you control them... you even shield yourself so other powers can't affect you... how can you do that?"

"I don't know how to explain it... I just had to control myself... I didn't want to harm you... I had to control the time passing and moving around me... I started to focus on how it happened, how I made it move... what did I do to affect it... and once I figured that out, I could start to control it..."

"But I am not doing anything... I just touch people... and the first time, with Elaine, I wasn't even touching her, she was touching me... I wasn't expecting anything yet..."

"Yet...?"

She gasped and covered her mouth. Amra tilted his head and lifted her chin up so their eyes could meet. "You were saying..."

"I think... I know how it happened..."

"You do?"

"I was recovering from the ceremony... I felt dizzy, my head was hurting... yes... my head was hurting... and I was thinking... I was thinking I needed more information about what was going on... about Metatron... I was thinking I should ask later Elaine about him... and suddenly I was in her memories while she touched me... maybe that is why?"

"That could very well be... and with Pronab and Maxwell, you were touching them to see if you could, so in a way, you were already prepared, expecting it... but what happened with Vanessa?"

"I don't know... I have no idea... this is so frustrating!"

"It isn't my love... you are in a good track... perhaps it was just the same principle... she wanted to see if you could see through her..."

"She was asking me about it, and I was saying we did not tried it on humans... and... that is true! She jumped to hug me and everything happened then..."

"So that is a very marked pattern love... you were setting your mind into that when it happened... maybe you should think of the opposite..."

"You say it as if it was something easy..."

"You have now awoken my love... you have transcended into an Asteria... half Angel itself... for us, our will is our power... think about this with conviction... and it will happen..."

"I will... I will try... later... right now I just want to rest... I went inside too many places today..."

"Of course my love... you already went through more than enough on this day... and you should perhaps rest... would you like me to leave you to rest some?"

"No! Please don't go... I want to rest... but please stay with me..."

He held her tightly and nodded, kissing the top of her head. She sighed and closed her eyes, and started to finally sleep. He closed his eyes and sighed as well, holding her tight. As she started to drift, she remembered Amra never sleep; yet she was so tired, she could hardly remain conscious. She would have to remember to ask him about this in the future, and just as she took that mental note, she felt completely asleep.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31 0 14
Seraphina and Draven have a unique past that neither even knows about...another life another time...several in fact. They were unknowingly betrayed d...
1.1K 69 25
Disclaimer. A solo leveling x female OP protagonist/oc x MHA, JJK na bit HK. Sorry if there are some grammatical mistakes in this story, cause englis...
173K 5.8K 46
3rd in devil as of July 9th 2018 62th in heaven as of June 25st 2020 61th in soul as of June 25st 2020 I can't see their faces because the lights are...
285 31 10
She spent her entire life in servitude, raised to believe she was just ordinary - an insignificant speck in a world she's always been sheltered from...