Settling (Quil Ateara story)

By gemininat

Gertrude Hale is the human and youngest adoptive child in the Olympic Coven. Due to the fact that she is the... More

Start of something good
Breakout
Close
Plans
I this part right here.
Jealous
Lobo
Smells like Teen Spirit
Gone girl
Bad Blood
Big girls don't cry
Try
Baby I'm counting on you
Problomatic
Tell the truth
Like I'm gonna lose you
Can't blame a girl for trying
All I Want
Perfect
Better
Nobody's perfect
Corazon
That thing you do
Hazy Shade of Winter
Pain demands to be felt
In your eyes
Lady Starlight

The New Girl in Town

17K 266 36
By gemininat

I kept my eyes closed tight as I rolled over to keep myself warm, but it was no use. The thing is that almost the whole house was built with glass walls so it's what made my room even colder. The truth is the cold doesn't bother me, I could hug my siblings and not really feel it, they were actually comforting. The problem was waking up every morning to the cold after sleeping under warm blankets.

Once again I rolled over to face the giant window, but all I did was come face to face with Emmet.

"Come on, Gertrude. You know how Esme gets when you wake up late and let's not forget that she's picking up your car. You should be up and excited." He tried shaking me up.

"Yeah, I should be excited, I won't be able to drive it for another two years." I rolled back over.

"Keep telling yourself that. Being fourteen is not going to keep you of all people from driving. Now come on!" He yelled pulling me out of bed and sped into Alice's room.

It was basically a routine. Every morning when I woke up, Alice and Rose were in charge of making me look presentable. I hated it and eventually Alice started making it easier for me. She would have her visions and pick an outfit that I would actually wear. Which today consisted of black skinny jeans from who knows what brand, a thin hoodie under a jean jacket and of course her choice of ballet flats and coming my hair.

Everyone in the family always said I was the female version of Edward. He was always under dressed as well, besides the fact that he wore a fancy coat, which I was kind of glad she bought my hoodies and Jackets from the pricier stores.

"Stop dragging." Rose smiled when I was slowly coming down the stairs, which only made roll my eyes. "And you better not roll your eyes." She called out again, which only made me roll my eyes again because I did.

"Gertie. Ride with me today?" Edward asked me, which was odd because he always wanted to be alone. So I just nodded and hopped into the Volvo with him. And he took off way ahead of Emmet's jeep and Rose's convertible.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me silently.

"Talk about what?"

"About you trying to go to the reservation today." He answered coldly.

"Why would I got to the reservation?"

"You tell me?" He answered rudely and it stayed silent for a while.

By the time we arrived to school because of the speed he drives at, I was quick to try to get out but he pulled the door closed.

"Edward. You guys are not allowed on their territory, and you know I won't go because of that." I lied.

"But you're not, one of us. Your free to go. I just don't understand why you would go."

"You know what i'd don't understand? That you would think I would go."

"Really? So about in the past when you have gone?"

"Why are you bringing this - what did Alice see?"

"She's not too sure herself. She said you were angry and drove down there." He finally admitted.

It then hit me, because whenever they were all out hunting, and I wanted to think without being interrupted by them, I would go out there knowing they couldn't go past the treaty line to get to me. With Alice hunting, she was blinded and couldn't see me.

"Edward, I'm fine, and not angry." I made it clear to him and got out of his car to go to class.

Once I warm and inside my English class, sitting right in the front, alone and doing nothing. I was always ahead of everyone, and finished all the work days before. By the time I went from English to world geography then Geometry and French I did the same thing I did every day. Sit in the front of the classroom with my work already done, unless the assignment was given that day, like todays French test.

But once I was done, I put in headphones pretending to listen to music so that I wouldn't get in trouble, but I was actually listening to the group of kids sitting behind me. They were talking about a new girl in the eleventh grade, and how pretty she was. I regretted eavesdropping. People always blathered about something stupid and useless. I honestly couldn't believe how stupid humans were and made me look when my siblings compared me to one of them.

By the time, it was time for lunch, I went up to my locker to leave my backpack and then made my way to the cafeteria, were I always sat between Rosalie and Edward.

"Did you make any friends today?" Rose asked me like she did every Monday and then tomorrow it would be Emmet and then Alice and so on and so on.

"No. Like I told you before. I don't to hang around with people who act stupid." I answered right after I drank some water.

"You need to make at least one friend." Edward muttered under his breath angrily.

"Are you still mad about his morning?"

"Trust me, that's not it." Emmett snickered which made Edward angrier. "New girl." He mouthed as he gestured towards a table. I slowly turned to look at a pale girl who was constantly starring this way, which was very annoying and even more because Edward was angrier then usual yet, still starring at her.

"I heard some people talking about her. I honestly thought it was all made up." I answered eating food from Rosalie's plate.

By the time I went to Physics and then speech, it was the end of the day. I walked outside to see Edward carefully speed to his car and drive off angrily, which had me riding home with Emmet.

When we got home and Esme presented me my car, a silver Charger SRT8, that hadn't even come out. Which meant she paid good money. I wasn't even excited I knew something was wrong because Edward was nowhere to be found.
It was his idea, that every day, after school he would help me with Spanish, since I wanted to learn after Esme had helped me master the Italian language.

"Where's Edward?" I finally asked.

"Halfway to Alaska." Emmet answered after everyone was already inside. "Close the garage when you're done." He gave me smile as he ran a hand through my hair.

That hurt a lot, because everyone had their mate, Edward and I were closer as sibling. So him just leaving is was made me mad and had me driving doe to the reservation, like he had said.

Sitting a few feet away from the shore. I was positive that Alice knew why he left, but I also knew she would never tell me anything. So all I could do was run my fingers through the sand as I wondered what could have happened. But that was until I was hit in the head and saw nothing but black.
•••••
I gasped waking up, a reaction that should have happened when I was hit.

As I got up I felt the bump on my head when I took the ice pack off. I had been lying down on a sofa when I came face to face with a kid who looked a few years older than me and two older men standing behind him.

"Where am I?" Was all I could ask as I pulled the blanket off of me.

"Jacob, would you please boil some water for her and bring her something warm."

"Yes, sir." The boy with long hair answered taking the ice pack.

"Why are you on our land?" The man in the wheelchair asked me.

"I'm not like my family." I answered them with a glare.

"But you're still a Cullen. You shouldn't be here."

"Like I said. I'm not like my family. I'm still human."

"She's right, Billy." The overweight guy answered.

"You're here alone?" He finally asked.

"Yes. The reservation is the only place I can get away for a few hours...They sometime get a little over protective and I like to think on my own without interruptions." I lied with the truth touching my head when the pain came back.

"Well, I hope you understand the treaty well. Like you said, your human. If they come onto our land- "

"I know all about it. I just didn't expect to be beaten up because I was here."

"That was an accident. My son and his friend were playing soccer and-."

"Hold on. You're telling me that I passed out because I got hit with a soccer ball?" I asked them with a face that not only made me feel stupid but look week.

"We're sorry about that." The kid named Jacob came back with a cup of hot chocolate while the two men stayed silence. Which meant he knew nothing.

"That's kind of embarrassing. I've played as a kid, and that's obviously never happened. Also, I hate to tell hurt your feelings, but I don't like I chocolate." I explained with a disgusted face at the cup.

"Okay, that's not weird at all." He smiled at me taking back the cup. Also, Quil was the one that hit you, so...he should be the one apologizing."

"It's totally fine, uh, I should get going. But thank you." I turned to the two men who nodded. I guess this meant it was okay for me to come back. Because if I couldn't, I honestly don't know what I would do without the place.

"Jacob, why don't you drive her back to the beach to get her car." The man in the wheel chair spoke up.

"Sure, sure." He replied reaching for the keys from a hook as he handed me a new ice pack. The moment we got into the truck, it was silent. Warm, but too silent so as soon as we reached my car, I thanked him again and walked fast to my car.

"I didn't get your name." He called out.

"Goodbye Jacob." I smiled before getting into my car, starting it, and driving away. I needed to hurry up and get home. The last thing I wanted was for them to get angry and take the car away already. But I was wrong.

The moment I walked in. Jasper and Rose were on the couch patting the small spot between them so that I could sit. Rose was hugging me tightly while Jasper tried his best to cheer me up. I just wish I could block him out like Edward's mind reading. I guess I was off the hook, because they knew I was close to Edward and him not being around was hard for me.

"What happen to your head?" Alice walked up to me with her hands on her hips.

"I fainted after I got hit with a soccer ball." I answered embarrassed. All she did was take the melted ice pack and bring me a new one while I laid on Rose's lap as she played with my hair until I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.8K 45
Valerie Neilson left her home with her four year old sister Anna to get away from her abusive parents. She calls up her Uncle Charles Neilson, he giv...
882K 27.1K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...
7.2K 464 29
~Twilight Fanfiction~ ~ Leah Clearwater Centered~ ~Updates every Saturday~ She doesn't know why she did it, but she took them in. She...
528K 12K 59
Summery: Seraphina Hale Cullen was Alice and Jasper adopted daughter. A long time ago Alice had a vision about a baby being left behind in the woods...