Tell the truth

This was it. I was on the verge of hyperventilation before I even got out of my car. I was parked outside of Jacobs house, thinking of a way to tell Quil when I jumped because he tapped on my window.

"Hey." He smiled ridiculously when I got out of my car and gave me a hug. Only I felt gross and didn't hug him back. "You okay?"

"I need to tell you something." I answered leading him towards the fire, away from my car, the house and everyone else.

"What happen?" He asked no concerned, obviously reading the my expression.

"Quil, I know that we're not official yet, but I know that there's something going on between us, and for the first in my life, I'm completely disappointed in myself." I began. "I really do hate myself for this. Earlier today I went to eat lunch with some friends and when one of them left Hayden walked me to my car as we spoke and he surprised me by kissing me." I said disappointed in myself.

"Please, say something." I spoke up after a few seconds of silence of him starring down at the ground.

"Gertrude, look"." He started, but I with him just saying my full name, I knew he was disappointed. "I don't care about any did that." I wasn't expecting this.

"Look, I get it. I know you're knew to this kind of thing, so I'd understand if you don't know when someone likes you. But do I care yes, but it's fine, you told me the truth and that just tells me that you'd always tell me the truth."

"But before anything else happens. I want to make us official."

"Well, official is what we'll be." I smiled up at him as he bent down a bit to kiss me which a smile forming on both of us.

"Hey, the food is ready!" I recognized Embry's voice, which led Quil to walk us over towards the table that the food was being placed on hand in hand. I like it very much. If it made a difference, I liked his warmth...and compassion.

"Gertie, we made hamburgers and hot dogs. And then I remembered Quil mention you only eat white meat, I brought you some soy bean hot dogs since you said you don't really like meat. "

"Oh, wow. That's very thoughtful. I had no idea this existed."

"Sure they do." Emily smiled handing me two. I thanked her and grabbed myself a water bottle as I watched Quil bull himself a mountain of food.

"Gertrude. Nice to see you again."

"You to Billy." I smiled at him as Quil joined me by my side while another man joined Billy.

"Gertie, this is my grandfather, old Quil." He gestured to the older man, and of course if old have know that I was meeting his grandfather, I would have dressed nicer.

"Gertrude, I've heard so much about you. It's great to officially meet you."

"It's nice to meet you to sir."

"Why don't you kids go eat? We're just waiting on Jake. He's brining Bella."

"Of course he is." I muttered to myself when Quil started leading us to sit around the fire.

"So you don't like her?" He asked, which made me regret saying anything, since when they phased they can communicate telepathically and if I say anything Jacob would find out and then Edward would eventually find out.

"It's not just. It's just, I'll explain it another time." I suggested and started eating clearly not wanting to speak of it.

Eventually, Bella and Jake arrived, which led Billy to start sharing the legends. A not just any of them, the tribes, and honestly I found every word single one of them to be entertaining. Especially the story of the third wife, the way she sacrificed herself. Honestly if it came down to it, I don't think I'd be able to do what she did. I'd be in shock before reacting let alone die for the pack. But who knows! I've never actually been in that position.
•••
"You okay?" I asked Quil who had been fidgeting after we had finished cleaning up outside.

"Yeah, I just need to talk to you." He answered. "Come outside with me." He took my hand and led me towards the campfire.
I immediately knew was something that worried him, and now I was scared.

"After I first phased and I learned of what was to come, I never thought I'd be telling you like this. I mean it's definitely way easier. It's not like your going to run and hide since you already know about us."

He stood there staring at the fire again, most likely think of what he was going to say because i knew i was a bit confused by now.

"Look, in the legends Billy spoke of the third wife, and that she was special for a reason." He then took my hand. "Your special in the same way to. See, werewolves have this thing when they find their partner."

"You mean mate?" I asked.

"Is that what your family calls it?" I nodded. "Well, for us it's called imprinting. It's bigger than love at first sight, that's for sure. I mean sometimes people know who their going to imprint on before the imprinting actually
happens. The imprint Is the one that's chosen for the wolf by the ancestors."

"Oh. I never actually saw it that way." I answered finally after a long silence. I mean I really never did. I just new that I suddenly didn't want to fight these feeling anymore.

Quil chuckled. "That is? That's what you say after everything I just told you?"

"Well, what am I supposed to say? I mean, I understand. Did you expect me to be upset?"

"No." He hugged me quickly. "Your just a very understanding person and I love that about you."

In that moment I was glad that We were hugging and that I was hiding in his chest. The last thing I wanted was for him to see how red or how big my smile had turned as he said those words, but it was only something he lived about me, an honestly, I knew I loved him.