The New Girl in Town

I kept my eyes closed tight as I rolled over to keep myself warm, but it was no use. The thing is that almost the whole house was built with glass walls so it's what made my room even colder. The truth is the cold doesn't bother me, I could hug my siblings and not really feel it, they were actually comforting. The problem was waking up every morning to the cold after sleeping under warm blankets.

Once again I rolled over to face the giant window, but all I did was come face to face with Emmet.

"Come on, Gertrude. You know how Esme gets when you wake up late and let's not forget that she's picking up your car. You should be up and excited." He tried shaking me up.

"Yeah, I should be excited, I won't be able to drive it for another two years." I rolled back over.

"Keep telling yourself that. Being fourteen is not going to keep you of all people from driving. Now come on!" He yelled pulling me out of bed and sped into Alice's room.

It was basically a routine. Every morning when I woke up, Alice and Rose were in charge of making me look presentable. I hated it and eventually Alice started making it easier for me. She would have her visions and pick an outfit that I would actually wear. Which today consisted of black skinny jeans from who knows what brand, a thin hoodie under a jean jacket and of course her choice of ballet flats and coming my hair.

Everyone in the family always said I was the female version of Edward. He was always under dressed as well, besides the fact that he wore a fancy coat, which I was kind of glad she bought my hoodies and Jackets from the pricier stores.

"Stop dragging." Rose smiled when I was slowly coming down the stairs, which only made roll my eyes. "And you better not roll your eyes." She called out again, which only made me roll my eyes again because I did.

"Gertie. Ride with me today?" Edward asked me, which was odd because he always wanted to be alone. So I just nodded and hopped into the Volvo with him. And he took off way ahead of Emmet's jeep and Rose's convertible.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me silently.

"Talk about what?"

"About you trying to go to the reservation today." He answered coldly.

"Why would I got to the reservation?"

"You tell me?" He answered rudely and it stayed silent for a while.

By the time we arrived to school because of the speed he drives at, I was quick to try to get out but he pulled the door closed.

"Edward. You guys are not allowed on their territory, and you know I won't go because of that." I lied.

"But you're not, one of us. Your free to go. I just don't understand why you would go."

"You know what i'd don't understand? That you would think I would go."

"Really? So about in the past when you have gone?"

"Why are you bringing this - what did Alice see?"

"She's not too sure herself. She said you were angry and drove down there." He finally admitted.

It then hit me, because whenever they were all out hunting, and I wanted to think without being interrupted by them, I would go out there knowing they couldn't go past the treaty line to get to me. With Alice hunting, she was blinded and couldn't see me.

"Edward, I'm fine, and not angry." I made it clear to him and got out of his car to go to class.

Once I warm and inside my English class, sitting right in the front, alone and doing nothing. I was always ahead of everyone, and finished all the work days before. By the time I went from English to world geography then Geometry and French I did the same thing I did every day. Sit in the front of the classroom with my work already done, unless the assignment was given that day, like todays French test.