Nobody's perfect

I never thought things would be this way. I mean seeing Quil for less then an hour a day, five times a week was never the plan. Everything is so rushed that we barley have time to speak. Most of the time is waisted on the drive back home. Which leaves is with only 20 minutes to talk to him, and that's not even the worst. The worst is getting picked up at school, so most of the times I don't see him.

Such as today. I was picked up by Emmett and that was unexpected because Quil was suppose to pick me up and drive me home.I could instantly tell something was wrong, I just didn't question it. Emmets cold look and distracted greeting have it away and I knew not to press on it.

"Where are you?"

"I'm sorry. My brother picked me up."
"I'm really sorry." I texted back.

Then he never texted back, and I hated it because i knew he was angry. I knew Emmett had took it upon himself to read over my shoulder because he apologized. He knew I little time I have with Quil.

Once we were home, and walking through the garage door. I decided I was going up to my room, but when I reached the third floor, with the corner of my eye I caught a figure, to be known as Bella with Rosalie.

"Hey, when did you get back?" I asked walking up to her to hug her.

"Gertie? Can I have a moment with you?" Edwards voice came from behind me. The sadden face have it away. Something was terribly wrong and he didn't great me. "We're have a family meeting." He spoke up to fast that it almost, almost, sounded like a mutter.

The moment we're were down in Carlisle's room, Esme stood behind me, placing two hands on my shoulder while Emmett, Alice and Jasper took of who knows where.

"Bella's pregnant." Edward got right into the topic.

"Wait, what? How? Is that even possible?" I asked thinking about a sick looking Bella u had seen not even a minute ago.

"We didn't think it was, but clearly is happen. So now we just have to keep an eye on her. She won't let us... She doesn't want an abortion. So we wait and see what happens next."

"And please, this stays between the family." Edward threw in there silently, but I knew it was directed towards me and that hurt. I'm not stupid. I would have easily put two and two together and know it looked bad for the wolves.

As soon as I was good to go, I went back upstairs only to be followed by Esme. Walking into my room, I sat down while Esme quickly (literally) cleaned up and repositioned some of the decor.

"With this now going on we're going to have to start home schooling you until further notice. We all have to work together for Bella's sake and because we know that the wolves don't like to be apart from their imprints, Edward decided you should have your car back."

Yeah, I get my car back, just so Quil doesn't try to come around and find out the truth, I thought.

"So that's it? Just like that?" I asked.

"Well, what did you expect?"

"I honestly can't even answer that anymore." I muttered walking towards my window. Of course everyone had changed for the better, but what about the parts that are for the worse? I couldn't stand it. I felt like Esme was now more on stricter side. Especially because she had always been so understanding, but I guess it made sense when it came to our safety.

As soon Esme walked out, I sat there for a while wanting to see Quil now that I'm free, but i couldn't. I felt like I was meant to be here. Jay not in my bedroom, so I decided to eat something before I went and played in the piano room. Letting the memories flood through me. Though, that was until I heard Bella's take a seat right next to me.

"I see where you got your talents from." She smiled making me roll my eyes at the thought of Edward. "Clair De'Lune, right?" I nodded.
"Reminds me so much if my mother." She smiled to herself.

"H-how are you doing? You know, with the whole, pregnancy thing?"

"Good, I guess. I mean, Carlisle says he's growing at least 10x faster, than a normal pregnancy."

"He?"

"Just an assumption. When I think if the gender, I feel that it's a boy. Anyway, Carlisle thinks I may be at four months already." She rubbed her stomach. "By that age, the can hear."

"Hear? Really?"

"Yeah." She smiled. "Why don't you try reading out loud? I'd like to hear you read something. Any suggestions?"

I instantly smiled to myself already having an idea to what to read, so I took off to my room to reach for my favorite book, and came back instantly ready to read, and I did.

"My name is India Opal Buloni, and last summer my daddy, the preacher, sent me to the store for a box of macaroni-and-cheese, some white rice, and two tomatoes and I came back with a dog..."
•••
It wasn't until Bella started getting nauseous that I stopped reading and helped her to the restroom before Rosalie even sped up here. I couldn't tell if she was in pain, but I knew she was struggling whether it was for air or strength.

"Gertrude. Go get rid of him!" Rose growled at me, making me give her a questioning look.

"Gertie?" I turned instantly to see Esme at the door. "Quil's here." Sighing, I walked out of the restroom, down the stairs knowing what I had to do. 'Get rid of him.' I heard Rosalie's harsh words.

"Hey."

"What are you doing here?" I from what I understood earlier, he was angry, and showing up wasn't going to fix it. Especially with Bella's situation.

"I came to see you."

"I understand. But clearly I couldn't see you today."

"I know. I was just worried."

"You always worry. You don't have to. You know my family won't hurt me."

"I know." He answered facing the ground as he slowly took steps toward me to hug me.

"I was going to to surprise you. But I'm officially ungrounded, but." I started.

"Of course there's a but."

"I'm going to be home schooled."

"Oh, well that good. Right? I mean I heard lessons end quickly which means you have more free time."

"That's not the point Quil. Yeah, more free time, but this is my final year. I'm a senior which means I need to study, make sure my grades are up. Spend time with my family before college. And speaking of college, I need to start applying." I lied my ass off. I had already graduated, but had already applied to colleges, I was already ready to end the year, and I think he knew it to. I guess because I made sound so real he believed it.

"You're right."

"I know I am." She tried to joke and failed miserably. "Look, I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe we can go hang out at the beach. You can bring your friends. We'll do something normal and fun? What do you say?"

"Sounds like a brilliant idea." He smiled hugging me tightly. We both knew this was already going to turn into a goodbye, so he kissed me softly and then took off into the forest.