Not Just Friends (Camren)

By thewondercloud16

Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello have been friends for as long as they can remember. Along with their frien... More

Allow me to introduce myself...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
If you are a true reader, you will read this
New Story

Chapter 7

18.4K 344 174
By thewondercloud16

Laurens P.O.V-

*4 days later*

Its been 4 days since I confessed my feelings to Camila and vice versa. Since then, we've shared many more innocent kisses and prolonged hugs. Everything's going perfect. Brad is leaving Camila and I alone, school is going great, I have the 4 bestest friends anyone could ever ask for. My life is great for once.

Right now I'm on my way to Camila's house because she said she had a surprise for me. She refused to tell me what it is so I'm kind of nervous, but i know if the girl who hates surprises has one- its gonna be good.

Once I reached Camilas house, I slowly made my way up to her house. As I approached the front door, it suddenly flew open and a small figure fled from the entrance and ran towards me. I opened my arms and the petite figure wasted no time and jumped into my arms and wrapped her legs around my body, successfully giving me a koala hug.

"Why hello to you too, babe" I laughed as I held her tight to my body.

"I missed you." she confessed as she barried her head into my shoulder.

"As much as I missed you too, you saw me only a couple hours ago."

"I know, but thats too long."

"Whatever you say, Camzi." I said as I walked towards her front door with her still in my arms.

As we- well I walked through the doors, I  heard tiny little footsteps running through the halls. To say the least, I wasn't surprised to see who it was.

"Kaki! Is that Lauren?" A small voice echoed through the house.

"Yes Sofi, Lauren's here" She said and she finally released her hold on my body.

"Hey sofster, how are you?" I asked as I pulled her into a hug.

"I've missed seeing you around, but I'm good."

Now I feel bad. We've been spending most of our time at my house for alone time, I didn't even consider her sister missing us.

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Yeah! Oh my god, you have to see what Kaki did! She put-" Camila threw her hand over Sofia's mouth.

"Okay, Sofi. I said it was a surprise and it wouldn't be much of a surprise if you told her, right?" Camila said ultimately cutting Sofia off.

"Majdph."

"Sorry, what was that Sof?" I asked as Camila removed her hand from her mouth for her.

"Sorry Kaki." She mumbled in shame. Tears trickled in the little girls' eyes. 

"Hey, don't worry about it bug. Why don't you go hang out with Addison next door and we'll hang out with you later. Sound good?" 

"Okay!" She shouted enthusiastically as she ran out the door.

"So that surprise?" I asked to which Camila said nothing, she only smirked.

Camila's P.O.V-

I grabbed Laurens hand and led her out the door to the backyard. You see, I want to ask Lauren to be my girlfriend. She initiated the first kiss, so I want to ask her before she asks me. Dinah told me to do it before her because Lauren wanted to do it but was insecure about being rejected.

Being Laurens friend, she always came to me about relationship advice when she wanted to ask someone out. As much as it hurt, I gave it to her obviously. She fears rejection, just like half the human population. No one likes being rejected, but not as much as Lauren.

In 10th grade, Lauren asked out a girl, Alexis, in our Geometry class. Apparently she really liked Lauren and it wasn't really oblivious that Lauren returned the feelings. Before Alexis had the chance to answer, Lauren ran out the room. She ended up going to the nurse and telling her she needed to go home because she was sick. They never ended up dating because Alexis grew out of her confused phase and ended up not liking girls at all. Lauren was releaved, but also sad. I mean, she did have a crush on her so I don't blame her.

"Camz, snap out of it babe."

"Sorry, I was just lost in thought"

"So, what's the surprise?"

"Right. Close your eyes.. and no peaking Lauren Michelle." As soon and her eyes fluttered shut, I carefully guided her to the back porch and helped herdown the few wooden steps leading to the grass. "Okay, open your eyes."

I watched as her jaw drop and her eyes widen. I took a look and reflected on my work that took hours to set up (A/N: picture at the top). I hoped she likes it and judging by the look on her face, she does.

"Camila... oh my god." My heart instantly fluttered from the tone in her voice. I was laced with love and a hint of lust. Her voice never failed to make my stomach erupt with butterflies and make my breathe hitch in my throat.

"Do you like it?"

"Like it? Hell no. I fucking love it." She turned to me, threw her arms around my waist and lifted me in the air.

"Lolo!" I laughed as she spun me around. 

"Camz, this is literally the most romantic and heartwarming thing anyone has ever done for me. I have no words to describe how thankful I am for having you in my life. How can I ever repay you?" She claimed as she let me go and took a couple steps back.

"I know one way that benefits both of us." I smirked at her. 

"And hows that?" She asked as she took slow steps towards me until her lips were brushing against mine. I could feel her hot breathe on mine, making me crave for more.

"Kiss me."

She wasted any time. The second those two words escaped my mouth, she crashed her lips to mine. I felt her sigh in content from the feeling of our lips touching for the first time today. Except, she didn't move her lips. Almost as if she didn't want it to end. We just stayed in the most passionate kiss I've ever received.

As she pulled away, she stared deep into my eyes. Her eyes were slightly dilated and her breathe was heavy.

As if on cue, the Christmas lights I set up flashed on, and our favorite movie started playing on the projector. Earlier on in our friendship, we claimed that The Lion King was our movie. We both loved the movie, and I even bought Lauren a Nala stuffed animal for Christmas one year.

"Holy shit, this is amazing!" 

"C'mon, the movie is starting" I said as I dragged her to the comforters in front of the screen.

*lets go with a few hours later*

"N-no way, she d-did not do that" I struggled to say between my fits of laughter as Lauren talked about her childhood. The movie ended a while ago but we both decided we were too lazy to get up. Plus, being in her arms was all I needed at the moment.

"Yup. My mom hated me, I guess. I mean, who dresses their newly born child as a cow for their first Halloween?"

I was now on my back, clutching my stomach while laughing as I pictured baby Lauren in a cow costume.

"Oh. My. God" I sighed as I controlled my laughter. I turn to look at Lauren, not surprised to see her already staring at me.

"Are you done?" She asked, but she was clearly amused by  my reaction.

"Yeah. I think I'm good now." I said as I turned my head to look at the sky. Moments later, I feel the air mattress shift and I turn to see Lauren mimicking my position.

"Its beautiful." She claimed, still staring at the sky.

"I like my view a lot better." Upon curiosity, Lauren turned to face me, only to find my eyes in the process.

"You smooth mother trucker," She said as she interlaced our fingers. The light from the Christmas light gave away her vulnerability. I could easily notice the bright blush on her cheeks and her wide, toothless smile that could cure cancer.

With that being done, an idea popped into my head. I instantly shot up from my position and ran to the speaker and plugged in my phone. The lyrics were barely hearable, but the meaning of the song was clearing understandable.

I turned around and walked back to Lauren, who was waiting patiently for my arrival.

"Lauren," I started while offering her my hand, "Can I have this dance?"

She immediately grabbed my hand and i helped her to her feet. She grabbed my hands and placed them on her shoulders and followed that by placing hers on my hips.

When your legs don't walk like they use to before
And i can't sweep you off of your feet
With your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

"Nice song choice." Lauren said.

"Thanks, I try," I said sarcastically. I knew she knew that Ed Sheeran would always be my go-to guy when it came to slow songs to dance to.

And darling i will... be loving you tilll we're seventy
And baby my... heart will still fall as hard at twenty-three
I'm thinkin bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just a touch of a hand
Oh me i fall in love with you every single day
And i just want to tell you i am...

"Lauren, can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can." I pulled myself out of the embrace and grabbed her hand, gently rocking our hands side to side.

"Okay well, the moment I set eyes on you, I knew you were going to make an impact on my life somehow. Whether you be my friend or more, I knew you had to be in my life. Your appearance just had this authenticity to it and your looks literally blew me away. Just by looking at you, I knew you had a beautiful mind and turns out I was correct. So, Lauren Michelle Jauregui, will you be my girlfriend?"

A long, pregnant silence fell between us. I kept my gaze at the ground, not dating to make eye contact. Now I'm the one who's scared of rejection.

As I was about to give up on an answer and walk away, I felt a hand gently lift my chin causing to make eye contact with my best friend. I saw a tear sliding down her left cheek, so I brought my sleeve up to wipe it.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her. 

"Camila, of course I'll be your girlfriend."

"Wow, seriously?!" 

"I'd want nothing more."

I threw my arms around her and embraced the hug. I wasn't just holding my best friend anymore, no.

I was holding my girlfriend.

Welp. Camrens dead.

I figured since all this drama with Camren as shiz, i would cheer you guys up with an update (:

Please don't hate me, by the way. I know the update is looooong over due but finals are coming up fast and I'm in 3 honors classes so homework is literally a slap to the face everyday.

Also, i hope you know that this book isn't gonna be fluff 100% of the time... that may or may not be a warning...

On another note, 2.4k reads and 100 votes?! I'M SO HAPPY THANK YOU

Love you guys❤

(As always, ignore errors)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 11.7K 41
Lauren Jauregui, she is a member from Fifth Harmony and she is 20 years old. She haven't dated anyone in a while, she was focused on her career and f...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
2.3M 51.2K 70
What happens when Camila Cabello meets her celebrity crush Lauren Jauregui?
90.6K 2.1K 24
School starts up again and Camila, Dinah, Ally, and Normani are four best friends. They meet a new girl Lauren Jauregui and Camila really thinks she'...