Living With A Police Officer...

By Tears_To_Roses

Harmony Kingston has been through more in her short life, then anyone good ever image going through. She's a... More

Living With A Police Officer
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 2
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 3
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 4
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 5
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 6
Living With A Police Officer Chapter 7
Living With A Police OfficerChapter Eight
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Nine
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Ten
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Eleven
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twelve
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Fourteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Fifteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Sixteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Seventeen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Eighteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Nineteen
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty One
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Two
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Three
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Four
Living With A Police Officer Twenty Five
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Six
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Seven
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Eight
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Nine
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty One
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Two
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Three
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Four
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Five
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Six
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Seven
Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Nine *Final Chapter*
Living With A Police Officer Epilogue
Living With A Police Officer Credits

Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Seven

122K 1.9K 161
By Tears_To_Roses

Here it is guys! The second last chapter! Please read the authours note at the end!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty Seven

Drew’s POV

            I don’t hear anything in the room save Harmony’s soft weak breathing and the beeping from Harmony’s heartbeat machine. Her soft cold hand still resting tightly in my own brings me some reassurance but not as much as I’d like. I clear my throat and rest my head against my folded arms gazing up at her.

            “I’m so sorry Mony” I whisper, “I broke both of the promises I made to you. It’s all my fault that you’re lying here nearly dead. All my fault” My air cuts off and I take a deep breath to control myself.  

            I skim my fingers across Harmony’s pale cheek, gliding them up to the single strand of black hair that lies on her closed eyelid. I brush it out of the way pecking her eyelid. 

            “If I could redo everything, believe me I would jump at the chance” I gulp, “I wouldn’t have let you walk away. I would’ve dragged you back and knocked some sense into you. You wouldn’t be hanging onto your life by a thread if I had done so”

“Blaine wouldn’t be dead if you hadn’t of let her go” A soft voice says from the door.

            I snap my head around to see Raina Kingston standing with her arms crossed. Her blue eyes sparkling with tears as she crosses the room and takes a seat beside Harmony in the other chair.

            “I didn’t hear you come in” I murmur not having the energy to yell at her.

            “I can tell you just kept talking so I figured you hadn’t” Raina whispers.

            I nod circling my thumb soothingly across Harmony’s hand wishing for her to wake up. To wake up and tell me everything would be okay. Just too even smile at me.

            “You know you did all that you could Drew” Raina whispers suddenly.

            I shake my head anger at myself pulsing through my veins, “No, I could’ve done so much better. I could’ve saved her and the baby. I could’ve prevented this” I howl my voice raising an octave. “She could’ve been safe and healthy”

            Raina stares at me softly and rises from her chair. She walks around the bed and wraps her arms around me in a hug. I whimper and clutch tighter onto Harmony’s hand.

            “You did all that you could. She’s proud of you Drew; she’s swelling with pride that you came to her rescue.  She loves you Drew and nothing can change that”

            I snort heatedly, “Yea right. It’s my fault that I lost the baby, it’s my fault that I didn’t get there on time. It’s all my fault!” I holler springing away from her and out of the chair backing away, “ITS MY FAULT! IF I DIDN’T AGREE TO LET HARMONY COME AND LIVE WITH ME SHE WOULD STILL BE OKAY!”

            I stand there in the middle of Harmony’s hospital room with my hands out in a halting motion. My eyes blazing with anger and emotion. Raina glares at me and steps forward.

            “Don’t you dare say that” Raina hisses deadly, “If it weren’t for you, my little sister would still be on the streets. She may even be DEAD! Taking her into your home was the best thing you ever did for yourself and for Harmony. I can tell every time she looks at you that she’s so thankful! You showed her love again! You showed her you cared! You showed her how to live again!” Raina takes a deep breath and yells out in frustration, “YOU’RE THE BEST DAMN THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO HER AND EVEN IF YOUR LITTLE BABY DIED THAT’S OKAY! THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR ONE ANOTHER CERTAINLY MEANS THAT THERE’LL BE ANOTHER IN THE NEAR FUTURE.”

            My eyes widen and my knees give out sending me crashing to the floor. I burry my face into my hands crying out from the pain I feel in my heart and in my body. I scream in frustration rocking myself back and forth as I cry harder then I’ve ever cried before.

            Warm arms wrap themselves around my waist squeezing me soothingly. I cry harder then Harmony’s sister is comforting me, a guy she barely knows.

            “It’s okay Drew” Raina coos, “Cry it out, cry all you need don’t bottle it up”

            Raina rocks us back and forth humming a song relaxingly. I wish that she were Harmony. I wish Harmony were the one holding me. I wish Harmony were the one singing and even yelling at me.

            “None of this is your fault” Raina mutters, “It’s Blaine’s and he’s dead, all thanks to you he’ll never hurt Harmony again”

            “I’ve killed her” I whisper to the room, “I’ve killed her”

            “No Drew” Raina says, “You saved her. I saw you throw yourself at that door; I felt how tense you were when I pulled you away. I saw how determined you were to get to her. I saw how much you loved her in mere seconds Drew. You didn’t kill her, Blaine didn’t even kill her. I can hear that beep, I can hear her soft breaths, she’s alive and still here with you. You didn’t kill her Drew, you saved her”

            I slowly raise my head from my hands and turn to stare at Raina stunned that she was the one who ripped me from the latter. She was the one who got me in. Her.

            “It was you?” I ask in surprise.

            Raina nods glancing down at the floor before up at me, “Yes, it was me”

            With no knowledge of what to say I hug Raina tightly thanking her silently. If she hadn’t of yanked me off of that latter and opened the hatch, Harmony could very well be dead. Still in Blaine’s hands.

            Suddenly a thrill desperate beeping noise fills the room. I spring from the floor and throw myself at Harmony’s bed. Raina jumps from the floor and rushes towards the door, flinging it open.

            “HELP” She shrieks into the dark hall, “HELP”

            “Mony?” I say out loud, “Fight it, fight it baby girl, fight it”

            I stare at Harmony my hands finding her face. I hold it firmly between my palms, brushing my thumbs along her cheekbones as I watch the line on the machine descend quickly.

            “HELP” I scream, “HELP HER”

            The door flies open wider and Raina is shoved out of the way as a ton of doctors rush into the room. She tumbles to the floor landing on her butt. I turn away from her and find my hands pried from Harmony’s face.

            “GET BACK” One of the doctors shout at me.

            I shake my head fighting against the wall of them to get to her, “HELP HER”

            “SIR WE ARE TRYING” One of the nurses yell at me, “NOW PLEASE CALM DOWN OR WE’LL HAVE TO SEDATE YOU”

            I shake my head fighting passed her, “Don’t you f****** dare, you help her NOW”

            Then just on cue the beeping stops. I freeze momentarily before throwing myself at the bed.

            “HARMONY NO” I sob reaching for her hand.

            I manage to snag it through the crowd of nurses who are still trying to restart her heart, and clamp onto it. I press it to my lips kissing it over and over pausing only to call out her name. Just as the doctor looks down at me to inform me they’ve lost her, the machine starts beeping rapidly again.

            I shove the nurses and doctors out of the way until I’m beside her. I grab her face between my hands, “HARMONY OLIVIA KINGSTON YOU STAY WITH ME”

            The room grows quiet, everyone waiting for something. A smile breaks across my face as her eyelids flutter and her fingers move gently.

            “Come on peaches, you can do it, open your eyes beautiful” I whisper my voice husky with emotion, my vision turning blurry. 

            Harmony’s eyelids flutter again twice before her eyes snap open. They frantically search the room, her arms reaching out just as her blue eyes land on me. A happy smile spreads across each of our faces and she weakly throws her arms around my neck.

            I burst into happy tears, holding her arms tightly around my neck. I crash my lips to hers gently over and over my tears dripping down onto her face coming in contact with her own.

            “I love you so much Harmony” I choke brushing away her tears with my thumbs.

            “I love you Drew” Harmony rasps pulling me closer to press her lips against mine.

            The doctors hurry out of the room to give as privacy as well as Raina with a slight smile in our direction. I can’t find the energy to move away from her I’m just so happy to see her smile at me again.

            “I’m sorry peaches” I murmur out of the blue, “I’m sorry he hurt you”

            Harmony shakes her head, “Don’t be D, you saved me that’s all that matters”

            I smile softly and close my eyes as her small fingers trail across my face savouring the feeling.

            “I almost lost you” I whisper trying not to think about that.

“You’ll never loose me D, I’m all yours, always here” She whispers lovingly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There it is guys, happy happy happy. Sad sad sad thought knowing that the end is very near. Sigghh. I will feel very happy when this is over knowing that I've finally finished the first story I ever uploaded onto wattpad!

So guys, after the last chapter I'm going to be doing a couple bonus sections so in your comments if you don't mind leave something a credic might say, rate my story out of five stars, or say whatever you think about my story. Anything you want. Just to let me know that is what you are doing leave [Credic] at the end of your comment. :)

Picture on the side is Raina Kingston. She made an appearance! Lool houdini appears!

Song on the side is I wanna grow old with you by Westfield. Cute litte love filled song. Check it out. 

Three cheers for an early upload!!

Comment

Vote

Fan

Ren 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541 45 17
Remember Romeo and Juliet? Well, don't worry, this book isn't as boring and complicated as that. But do you remember Cat Woman. What if she never tur...
139K 3.5K 41
After Abby finally escapes the life she had with her step brother and also Mark and Zack she becomes independent with her only source of a real frien...
253K 6.8K 12
Alex and Micheal's father has never been the same since their mother left. He had lost his good paying job and turned to alcohol to feed his depressi...
7.9K 90 27
Sevyn is facing many challenges as she learns how to cope with her mother's death and navigate through life without her. Sevyn is a junior in college...